Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #181
Sselinde
Genin

Sselinde saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

I don't mean to be offensive, but I don't see how anyone can think that SasuSaku is still plausible at this point in the series.

Spoiler:
  • When Shikamaru told Sakura that the Rookies had decided to kill Sasuke, she didn't protest or try to change his mind. Instead, she was worrying about Naruto's feelings. If she were still in love with Sasuke, as so many people are apt to believe, how do you explain this reaction of hers?
  • Sasuke has never shown any romantic interest in Sakura at all, and has thought of her all of once in the entirety of part two, and even then she was lumped in with the rest of team 7. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he's ever had romantic inclinations towards Sakura. He cared about her, but not in a romantic way.
  • Hinata's confession served as a plot device to get Naruto to turn six tails and meet his father, and as character development for Hinata. The fact that not one character has mentioned or even thought about the confession afterwards, coupled with the fact that Kishimoto immediately moved to focus on Sakura and Naruto's bond while leaving Hinata in the background yet again makes me believe that NaruHina is not the pairing Kishimoto was ever aiming towards.
  • Naruto has never shown any romantic interest in Hinata, and they've barely interacted in the entire manga. Hinata may love him, but as he never knew that love existed until recently, I don't see how this makes Hinata's love for Naruto stronger or more genuine than whatever kind of love Sakura has for Naruto.
  • It is Sakura who has been through thick and thin with Naruto all of these years. She has laughed with him, cried with him, comforted him, and seen him at his most vulnerable and vice versa. Yes, they still need to open up more emotionally to each other, and yes, they are too over protective of each other. However, these are flaws that I feel are going to be addressed and resolved in the coming chapters.
  • Naruto and Hinata's and Sakura and Sasuke's bonds just can't compare to the strength and development that Naruto and Sakura's bond has gotten.
  • We have so many scenes, especially in part 2, that ambiguously hint that Sakura's feelings for Naruto are more than just friendship. Why would Kishi keep throwing out these hints and developing their bond just to show how strong their friendship is, especially if he intended to make NaruHina and/or SasuSaku canon?

Even if NaruSaku doesn't become canon, I just don't see SasuSaku happening. NaruHina, maybe, but SasuSaku? Sorry, but this pairing has gotten only one hint in part 2, and even that hint was incredibly ambiguous.

Sselinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #182
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

C-C saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

♥Sakura has seen Sasuke at his worst, has cried for him, hugged him, comforted him, and he has seen her at her worst...For most of part 1 Sakura has been with Sasuke, through alot too

C-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #183
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

♥But, i will admit Sasusaku is not very likely, But that doesnt mean it still cant happen, and i belive he might not put ANY pairings in Naruto..

Old 10-17-2009, 04:33 PM   #184
Sselinde
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-C View Post
♥Sakura has seen Sasuke at his worst, has cried for him, hugged him, comforted him, and he has seen her at her worst...For most of part 1 Sakura has been with Sasuke, through alot too
But Sasuke has never comforted Sakura or reached out to her or sacrificed for her on an emotional level the way Naruto has. There is no where near the level of mutual support and caring in these instances. The SasuSaku bonding overwhelmingly came from Sakura's side, and is overwhelmingly in part 1.

Sakura was there for Sasuke when she though he almost died against Haku- so was Naruto.

The only hardship they went through alone together was during the Forest of Death, which was the peak of their positive development. After that, they're relationship went on a steep downhill.

Naruto and Sakura have been there for each other not only through Sasuke's betrayal, but through learning the fate of a Jinchurikki whose bijuu is removed, and through the destruction of their village.

You can't seriously compare one moment of fear and desperation with roughly a year's worth of mutual support and comfort.

Hell, Sakura thought Sasuke hated her when he left - how is that a sign of mutual growth, support, and caring?

Old 10-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #185
Sselinde
Genin

Quote:
♥But, i will admit Sasusaku is not very likely, But that doesnt mean it still cant happen, and i belive he might not put ANY pairings in Naruto..
Yes, it's entirely possible that Kishimoto may end the manga with out any pairings at all, I agree.

However, given how much he's been focusing on romance makes me think its more likely he'll make at least one couple canon at the end.

He did state in an interview that there was a possibility of one love requiting.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #186
Zetsubou_Sensei
Chunin Exam Participant

Zetsubou_Sensei is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Sakura has cried for Naruto too. After Sasuke disappeared at the beginnning of Shippuden, Naruto didn't look so good. Naruto's seen Sakura at her worst too, when he made the PoaL. Sakura has also hugged Naruto, and tried to comfort him. And besides Sasuke (who has more interaction with Naruto than Sakura), Sakura may be the person Naruto interacts with the most. And Sasuke would have been through a lot more with Sakura if he had stayed in Konoha for the entire series. But he DIDN'T. In fact, he cut off most of his ties with Team 7 after the Valley of the End.
Counter-point.
Man, we need more NH/SS fans over here.
I'M IN DESPAIR!!!!!
I want to take it home!
Proud supporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin, KibaHina, and GaaMatsu!

rolls into the abyss thinkin about my ships
Zetsubou_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #187
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sselinde View Post
But Sasuke has never comforted Sakura or reached out to her or sacrificed for her on an emotional level the way Naruto has. There is no where near the level of mutual support and caring in these instances. The SasuSaku bonding overwhelmingly came from Sakura's side, and is overwhelmingly in part 1.

Sakura was there for Sasuke when she though he almost died against Haku- so was Naruto.

The only hardship they went through alone together was during the Forest of Death, which was the peak of their positive development. After that, they're relationship went on a steep downhill.

Naruto and Sakura have been there for each other not only through Sasuke's betrayal, but through learning the fate of a Jinchurikki whose bijuu is removed, and through the destruction of their village.

You can't seriously compare one moment of fear and desperation with roughly a year's worth of mutual support and comfort.

Hell, Sakura thought Sasuke hated her when he left - how is that a sign of mutual growth, support, and caring?
♥I didnt say it was i was just saying that Sakura and Sasuke have been through some sort of the same thing.
Sasuke doesnt hate her, and its far from it. When he left that smirk on his face was playful he was teasing her, kinda flirty, there is not alot of evidence in Shippuden because he wasnt there.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #188
Zetsubou_Sensei
Chunin Exam Participant

Zetsubou_Sensei is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
When he left that smirk on his face was playful he was teasing her, kinda flirty, there is not alot of evidence in Shippuden because he wasnt there.
Playful and flirty? The guy was about to leave Konoha (quite possibly) for good, so he could work with some dude who attempted to destroy Konoha, so he could kill his brother. I don't really think, under the circumstances, he was trying to flirt. The closest thing to romance when he left was the "Thank you," and even after that he knocked Sakura out and left her on a bench, even after she poured out her heart to him, and he still called her "annoying". So he:
Called her annoying
Knocked her out
Left her on a bench...
...So he could get power...
...After she told him she loved him.
...and this is romantic how?
I'M IN DESPAIR!!!!!
I want to take it home!
Proud supporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin, KibaHina, and GaaMatsu!

rolls into the abyss thinkin about my ships
Zetsubou_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #189
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou_Sensei View Post
Playful and flirty? The guy was about to leave Konoha (quite possibly) for good, so he could work with some dude who attempted to destroy Konoha, so he could kill his brother. I don't really think, under the circumstances, he was trying to flirt. The closest thing to romance when he left was the "Thank you," and even after that he knocked Sakura out and left her on a bench, even after she poured out her heart to him, and he still called her "annoying". So he:
Called her annoying
Knocked her out
Left her on a bench...
...So he could get power...
...After she told him she loved him.
...and this is romantic how?
♥okay
Notice this
At first when he called her annoying he had a scowl on his face.
And then when hes leaving he smirks and calls her annoying...
Theres something behind that smirk...

Old 10-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #190
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
lol, sakura has cried plenty for naruto, in fact the fact that she knows his backkground,but hes still a happy go lucky fool. only strengthened their bond

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #191
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

♥okay
Quote:
Notice this
At first when he called her annoying he had a scowl on his face.
And then when hes leaving he smirks and calls her annoying...
Theres something behind that smirk...

he never smirked, ever.....
he acknowledged her like kakshi did for rin after obito's death, but from the moment he left, he wanted nothing to do with her.
romance is the last thing he wants

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #192
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
♥okay

he acknowledged her like kakshi did for rin after obito's death, but from the moment he left, he wanted nothing to do with her.
♥he did Smirk....check it out

Old 10-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #193
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to NarutoxSakura4ever

Quote:
♥okay

(he kinda did smirk, but it was hardly noticable) and your right when sasuke left all romance (if any) was gone between he and sakura
TOO BAD!
NarutoxSakura4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #194
Bacon

Awards Showcase

lol i guess xD, does any one know of this all opnipetent smirk i missed o.O.

no jk, id like to see, but it doesnt change anything

Quote:

Old 10-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #195
NarutoxSakura4ever
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!NarutoxSakura4ever saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to NarutoxSakura4ever

Quote:
lol i guess xD, does any one know of this all opnipetent smirk i missed o.O.

no jk, id like to see, but it doesnt change anything
oh yeah when you do see the video or whatever, it really doesn't mean anything.

TOO BAD!

Last edited by NarutoxSakura4ever; 10-17-2009 at 05:57 PM.
NarutoxSakura4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #196
Sselinde
Genin

Quote:
♥I didnt say it was i was just saying that Sakura and Sasuke have been through some sort of the same thing.

I explained in my previous post how it differs for Sasuke and Sakura and Naruto and Sakura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sselinde View Post

...The only hardship they went through alone together was during the Forest of Death...

It's not really the same at all, especially in regards to the effects those developments have had on their respective relationships.
Quote:
Sasuke doesnt hate her, and its far from it. When he left that smirk on his face was playful he was teasing her, kinda flirty, there is not alot of evidence in Shippuden because he wasnt there.
I never said he hated her - I said Sakura THOUGHT he hated her. Which is still pretty bad in and of itself. How well does it speak of their relationship when she thought that, and the fact that she herself said that he never talked to her?

There was painfully little mutuality in that relationship, which Sakura made clear in her talk with him before he left.

As for the smirk, it was placed there to directly parallel to the scene where he previously told her she was annoying. It shows that yes, he has grown to care for her - as a team mate and a friend.

As for it being flirty - sorry I don't see that. I suppose that comes down to interpretation, really.

Sasuke expressed his gratitude for her care, but I highly doubt he ever reciprocated her feelings, because there was no sign of that prior to this scene.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #197
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-C

I explained in my previous post how it differs for Sasuke and Sakura and Naruto and Sakura.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sselinde

...The only hardship they went through alone together was during the Forest of Death...

It's not really the same at all, especially in regards to the effects those developments have had on their respective relationships.
Quote:
I never said he hated her - I said Sakura THOUGHT he hated her. Which is still pretty bad in and of itself. How well does it speak of their relationship when she thought that, and the fact that she herself said that he never talked to her?

There was painfully little mutuality in that relationship, which Sakura made clear in her talk with him before he left.

As for the smirk, it was placed there to directly parallel to the scene where he previously told her she was annoying. It shows that yes, he has grown to care for her - as a team mate and a friend.

As for it being flirty - sorry I don't see that. I suppose that comes down to interpretation, really.

Sasuke expressed his gratitude for her care, but I highly doubt he ever reciprocated her feelings, because there was no sign of that prior to this scene
lol agreed, he acknowlegdes her thats it.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #198
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

TwilightLink20xx is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Ya know, I'd reply, but Sselinde pretty much said what I would, so whatever I'd come up with would just be a rehash, lol. Nice job man.

(Red - Death of Me)

Proud Suporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin and Sasuke X Nobody.

NaruSaku, SasuSaku or NaruHina that likes to debate?

Join us in:

TwilightLink20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #199
MelisaArtemis
Chunin Exam Participant

MelisaArtemis is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Ok, about the smirk: Yes, I see the smirk but flirty isn't exactly something I would call it. condescending would be the impression that I will put there instead as he look like he's saying: You're annoying at the beginning and STILL annoying even till the end. In part one, Sasuke NEVER show anything that even remotely close to an interest when it comes to Sakura. Heck, he show more interest to Gaara in a few chapters in Chuunin exam arc than to Sakura in the whole season.

The interaction between Sakura with Sasuke and with Naruto are extremely different. In the whole season, the interaction between Sakura and Sasuke are only few and far in between, the earliest was when Sakura cries over Sasuke when she thought he was dead while the next one was on the forest of death, followed by the infamous hospital scene and then the "Good bye". Whats the pattern here? their interaction are ALWAYS based on Sakura reaching out while Sasuke either disregarding it or simply unable to respond properly which means the interaction was ALWAYS one-sided AND always fueled by explosive negative emotion like fear.

On the other hand, interaction between Naruto and Sakura RARELY goes only one-sided although they do happen once in a while like when Sakura was unconcious when Naruto rescued her from Gaara. although its most likely that she doesn't truly recognize it until the POAL scene but AT LEAST she SHOWS that she recognize his affection for her before that (Wave arc comes to mind?) so far, their interaction are always based on mutual understanding, acceptance AND two-way communication between each other which I assure you is one of the most important thing in a relationship.
MelisaArtemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #200
Bacon

Awards Showcase

omg too much wisdom makes my headache good job

Quote:

Tags
debating, naruhina, narusaku, pairings, sasusaku