Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
Nābris
Queen Meme
Sage of Oolong Tea

Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Default Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize

*Checks to see if this was already posted*
Nope, I think I'm safe

Yes, the title says it all. President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. Here is a video of the announcement

Apparently, the committee supports his plans "to strengthen the international diplomacy and inter human relations". Can you agree?

Personally, I am rather surprised. However, I would like to hear what you all have to say about it. Please Discuss!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nābris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #2
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize

Yes nabris this was already made....

however upon further inspection it for some strange reason is in the off topic section.

My response there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTKNE4E View Post
From what little I've heard about it, he is receiving it because of what he's promised to do. If this is the criteria, I move that EVERY politician thats ever been in office, deceased or no, gets the nobel prize. They've all promised many grand things, which most either have been left unfulfilled, or caused more damage to a pre-existing problem. Awarding someone such a prestigious award, for things that they have not even done, is so incredible, I cant find words for it. Its just ridiculous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #3
Nābris
Queen Meme
Sage of Oolong Tea

Nābris just might be Kage someday.
Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.Nābris just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTKNE4E View Post
Yes nabris this was already made....
Gah, my first thread ends up to be a copied one. X(
I apologize for this inconvenience.

Either way, thank you for re-posting your opinions.

Nābris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Hey everyone I promise to acheive world peace. Where is my prize?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Lelouch Vi Britannia
Genin

Lelouch Vi Britannia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Lmao, sorry, they ran out of Nobel Peace Prizes.
Lelouch Vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nābris View Post
Nope, I think I'm safe

Yes, the title says it all. President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. Here is a video of the announcement

Apparently, the committee supports his plans "to strengthen the international diplomacy and inter human relations". Can you agree?

Personally, I am rather surprised. However, I would like to hear what you all have to say about it. Please Discuss!
Good for him. I'd already heard about this, but even then I wasn't really shocked. It doesn't seem like a huge deal.

ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
Sasori12
Special Jonin Candidate

Sasori12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
roflmao, ok its not that funny but I agree.
Sasori12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Itachi Uchia
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In the darkness and hatred relem where my soul will remain until the day i leave this world
Itachi Uchia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

but wat makes me upset is the fact that people keep saying that he didnt do anything to get the award and people are also saying that wat did he do to deserve the award its buggin me
Every human being relies on and is bounded by his knowledge and experience to live. This is what we call reality. However, knowledge and experience are ambiguous, thus reality can become illusion. Is it not possible to think that, all human beings are living in their assumptions? -Itachi Uchiha
Itachi Uchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #9
Chuckness
Chunin

Chuckness is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nābris View Post
Nope, I think I'm safe

I really think this is pointless. Now, why don't they start giving Nobels to Barney?!

Chuckness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:45 AM   #10
JCTKNE4E

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Ghandi, Pope John Paul II, Eleanor Roosevelt, Liu Xiaobo, and many others are among the list of greats who were nominated for the nobel peace prize award but never won. What has Obama done, (besides opening a dialogue with Iran, which was inevitable with the International community coming down on them) to surpass these people?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:

Old 10-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #11
Uchiha master
Special Jonin Candidate

Uchiha master saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I think it's just stupid giving out prizes for something ppl promise to do,he should've gotten the award after he's actually done something
best friend-MangaGirl4U,Taker369,Gaara's Girl

Mess with me,I don't care,mess with my friends and you might aswell start running cuz I'm coming for you
October 15-the day the forum went back in time
Uchiha master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #12
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I think it's fine that the got the Nobel Peace Prize because apparently
it means diddly-squat now. I wonder if Sideshow Bob will be proved wrong
when they give out a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry.

(Sideshow Bob: Attempted murder? What is that! They don't give out a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry...)
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #13
nine tailed fox
Chunin Exam Proctor

nine tailed fox is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Some peaple are saying he dpesn't deserve it but I think he does.
nine tailed fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #14
Konoichi
Veteran Chunin

Location: With the sweetest, kindest, awesomest, cutest guy in the world (aka andrew;))...
Konoichi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine tailed fox View Post
I just don't get what he did to deserve it
Konoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #15
JCTKNE4E

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine tailed fox View Post
this is a debate, and I am very interested to hear reasons, so please explain what he has possibly done to earn it, when the entire pretense behind winning the prize is what he 'promises' to do

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:

Old 10-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #16
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Do tell us what it was.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
I think it's fine that the got the Nobel Peace Prize because apparently
it means diddly-squat now. I wonder if Sideshow Bob will be proved wrong
when they give out a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry.

(Sideshow Bob: Attempted murder? What is that! They don't give out a Nobel Prize for Attempted Chemistry...)
LOL I agree, Nobel Peace Prize is pretty much trash now. I mean Al Gore got his because he made a movie about Global Warming. Stupid, so many other people made movies, documentaries, wrote books on it way before Al Gore. I mean the movie "The day after tommorrow" came first and Roland didn't get any Nobel .

The Nobel peace prize has some kind of hard on for Democratic politicians or something.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #18
James_Bond
Freshmen Academy Student

James_Bond is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't think he should have got it because I don't think he has done much of anything.
James_Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #19
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

well im not racist but i hate obama.he sucks a president a i dont think he deserved to win i think mcain had more expereince and would have been better but overall i wanted huckabee as president (ithink i spelled his name right) he was more down to earth than any other pollotician ive ever seen

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #20
Sunagakure
Is made of greatness, intellect, and everything awesome.

Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!Sunagakure has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I think this award was premature to give to President Obama. Don't get me wrong, I like Obama and voted for Obama, but I think that this was a vote for what Obama hopes to achieve, rather than what has been done so far. I am glad that he is giving the prize money to charity though.

That said, I think that there is an interesting shift in why the Nobel Prizes are being awarded to certain individuals. This year the prize for economics went to a very bright first-year graduate student: http://gregmankiw.blogspot.com/2009/...ins-nobel.html

It seems as if the judging committee is looking not only at one's entire body of work, but taking the potential of that individual's ideas to help shape and redefine our world into consideration. This shift is actually good in a way, as it gives more winners who might have traditionally been dismissed by the committee (e.g., too young, not established enough, etc.) to have the opportunity to win the prestigious award.

You never know, we have some really bright people around these forums. With the new shift in judging perspective, one of you could come up with a brilliant idea and win the prize too. ^^

* Getting lost along the path of life...

Last edited by Sunagakure; 10-10-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Sunagakure is offline   Reply With Quote