Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Anime News

Anime News The latest news on anime projects and the people that make them possible.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Bleach Question

Is Tousen really that strong. Aizen seems like a god with his zanpakutou, and he has super spiritual pressure since he makes grimmjow kneel just by releasing it. Gin took on Hitsugaya and didn't even seem like he was trying. But Tousen went up against Zaraki and couldn't do anything. however he did cut off Grimmjow's arm with little effort. So exactly how strong is Tousen?
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
7 Paths of Pain
Vasto Lorde

7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Bleach Question

tosen can blind people with his bankai it takes away all the senses Zaraki is a special case because he loves to fight and there for pain really doesn't affect him he loves it in fact so he just waited till he could feel the sword hiting his body and dodged it in time and then striked back right away because he figured out that when the sword hits him he gets all his senses back and can see tosen that is why Zaraki won that fight other than that tosen would probably win if that wern't the case
Epic Friend Taker369
"I've thought of a wonder present for you... Shall I give You despair?" - Sephiroth
"One who knows nothing!..can understand nothing!" - Ansem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 7 Paths of Pain; 10-06-2009 at 05:00 PM.
7 Paths of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Paths of Pain View Post
tosen can blind people with his bankai it takes away all the senses Zaraki is a special case because he loves to fight and there for pain really doesn't affect him he loves it in fact so he just waited till he could feel the sword hiting his body and dodged it in time and then striked back right away because he figured out that when the sword hits him he gets all his senses back and can see tosen that is why
I watched the show, I know what happened. You failed to answer my question.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
7 Paths of Pain
Vasto Lorde

7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.7 Paths of Pain is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
I watched the show, I know what happened. You failed to answer my question.
tosen can blind peoples so yeah he is strong if you can't see your oppent your dead lol that answer you question
Epic Friend Taker369
"I've thought of a wonder present for you... Shall I give You despair?" - Sephiroth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
tosen can blind peoples so yeah he is strong if you can't see your oppent your dead lol that answer you question
I don't find blinding the opponent a very good skill. What makes him special is that his bankai takes away all of the senses excluding touch. I also believe it makes the opponent unable to detect spiritual pressure, but that might have just been Zaraki since he is bad at it.

Yes you anwered the question, but not very well.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
7 Paths of Pain
Vasto Lorde

Quote:
I don't find blinding the opponent a very good skill. What makes him special is that his bankai takes away all of the senses excluding touch. I also believe it makes the opponent unable to detect spiritual pressure, but that might have just been Zaraki since he is bad at it.

Yes you anwered the question, but not very well.
that is what I said it takes away all the senses
Epic Friend Taker369

Old 10-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Soccer Ninja 21
Special Jonin Candidate

Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Tosen is a notch below Gin and Aizen I'd say.
Gin and Aizen, mainly Aizen, are made out to be almost god-like. And as you said, they defeat people with little effort.
Tosen, on the other hand, seems more mortal-like, for lack of a better anologly. He can blind people and do many cool things such as that, but a regular cap't could beat him, as Zaraki has. So I'd say among Cap't he's a bit above average,

So to sum it up,
Aizen and Gin are on a god-like rank, with Tosen being more mortalish.
Another show of how Tosen is less powerful than Aizen and Gin is that Aizen treats Gin as a partner and Tosen as more of a weapon.

Now, I can't say I'm totally right, because you never know. But this is how I see Tosen, An B+ student among A+ students. Strong but not strong enough.

/////////////
///////////
///////
////
///
//
/

.....O"
...-/-
././

Play Soccer, Or we'll find you.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: Blue Belt Best Friend: Lunar
Quote:
Silver's my buttercup! Now you see, and be jealous, be very jealous.
Soccer Ninja 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
that is what I said it takes away all the senses
you didn't say that in your second post.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

I like to call him Tousen the tank, he's a very strong guy. If he can take out the sixth espada's arm without even trying he must be strong. Kenpachi beat out the number fifth Espada with the same technique he beat Tousen with. Tousen takes away all the senses and than uses that against his opponent, I'd call that deadly. I couldn't see anyone other than Kenpachi, Mayuri, Shunsui and the 1st Captain beating Tousen. I must say that Tousen could probably take out Stark as well, which Kenpachi wouldn't be able to do.

In conclusion, he is Tousen the Tank.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Ninja 21 View Post
Tosen is a notch below Gin and Aizen I'd say.
Gin and Aizen, mainly Aizen, are made out to be almost god-like. And as you said, they defeat people with little effort.
Tosen, on the other hand, seems more mortal-like, for lack of a better anologly. He can blind people and do many cool things such as that, but a regular cap't could beat him, as Zaraki has. So I'd say among Cap't he's a bit above average,

So to sum it up,
Aizen and Gin are on a god-like rank, with Tosen being more mortalish.
Another show of how Tosen is less powerful than Aizen and Gin is that Aizen treats Gin as a partner and Tosen as more of a weapon.

Now, I can't say I'm totally right, because you never know. But this is how I see Tosen, An B+ student among A+ students. Strong but not strong enough.

Let me pose this question. Zaraki beat Tousen, and Zaraki beat Nniotora. But would Tousen be able to defeat Nniotora?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
7 Paths of Pain
Vasto Lorde

Quote:
tosen can blind people with his bankai it takes away all the senses Zaraki is a special case because he loves to fight and there for pain really doesn't affect him he loves it in fact so he just waited till he could feel the sword hiting his body and dodged it in time and then striked back right away because he figured out that when the sword hits him he gets all his senses back and can see tosen that is why Zaraki won that fight other than that tosen would probably win if that wern't the case
Quote:
you didn't say that in your second post.
read this post above yours in this post in yellow
Epic Friend Taker369

Old 10-06-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
I like to call him Tousen the tank, he's a very strong guy. If he can take out the sixth espada's arm without even trying he must be strong. Kenpachi beat out the number fifth Espada with the same technique he beat Tousen with. Tousen takes away all the senses and than uses that against his opponent, I'd call that deadly. I couldn't see anyone other than Kenpachi, Mayuri, Shunsui and the 1st Captain beating Tousen. I must say that Tousen could probably take out Stark as well, which Kenpachi wouldn't be able to do.

In conclusion, he is Tousen the Tank.
You think Tousen could beat Stark? I am doubtful of that. Stark is not only strong, but highly intellegent.
Spoiler:
He would easily be able to figure out how the bankai works and could probably beat it with his guns alone, but surely with the wolves
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #13
Soccer Ninja 21
Special Jonin Candidate

Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Soccer Ninja 21 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Let me pose this question. Zaraki beat Tousen, and Zaraki beat Nniotora. But would Tousen be able to defeat Nniotora?
Hpotheticaly, no. But I'm not Kubo, and I have no idea, something might happen giving Tosen the power to defeat Nnio., or perphaps Tosen developted some kind of 2nd bankai, who knows? But in theroy, no.
But you have to stop and wonder, if Tosen was that weak, why would Aizen allow Tosen to join him? So that's the under current there.

/////////////
///////////
///////
////
///
//
/

.....O"
...-/-
././

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
read this post above yours in this post in yellow
That was your first post, not your second.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #15
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori has disabled reputation

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Quote:
You think Tousen could beat Stark? I am doubtful of that. Stark is not only strong, but highly intellegent.
Spoiler:
He would easily be able to figure out how the bankai works and could probably beat it with his guns alone, but surely with the wolves
If Stark, Barregan, or Tia could beat the right hand men, why wouldn't they go after them? Tia was fodder for Aizen and I believe that Tousen is about under Aizen's level and right next to Gin's.

So I'm not sure if Stark can beat Tousen, if Stark gets caught into the Bankai I don't think that we would know how counter against it.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #16
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Hpotheticaly, no. But I'm not Kubo, and I have no idea, something might happen giving Tosen the power to defeat Nnio., or perphaps Tosen developted some kind of 2nd bankai, who knows? But in theroy, no.
But you have to stop and wonder, if Tosen was that weak, why would Aizen allow Tosen to join him? So that's the under current there.
exactly
Spoiler:
Aizen just betrayed Hallibel because he thought she was weak, but doesn't Tousen have to be stronger than her? and she is 3
Old 10-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
If Stark, Barregan, or Tia could beat the right hand men, why wouldn't they go after them? Tia was fodder for Aizen and I believe that Tousen is about under Aizen's level and right next to Gin's.

So I'm not sure if Stark can beat Tousen, if Stark gets caught into the Bankai I don't think that we would know how counter against it.
I just explained that.
Spoiler:
He could do a rapid fire with his guns in every direction. Or he could use his wolves and send them in every direction.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #18
Lelouch Vi Britannia
Genin

Lelouch Vi Britannia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Zaraki defeated Tousen before he, Gin, and Aizen had escaped into Hueco Mundo, so there is a big time difference. It's possible that Tousen had gained a huge increase in power since that battle, evidently hinted when he managed to chop off Grimmjow's arm so effortlessly, despite the 6th Espada's Hierro.
Lelouch Vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #19
Soccer Ninja 21
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
exactly
Spoiler:
Aizen just betrayed Hallibel because he thought she was weak, but doesn't Tousen have to be stronger than her? and she is 3

That's what makes me believe Tosen is quite stronger than what he appears. Either that or Aizen has some special use for him.
It's as if Tosen is floating in a gray zone, a zone of unknown, this, I'm sure, will be cleared up as the manga goes on. I predict Kubo will likely have a trick up his sleeve for Tosen.
Spoiler:

And yes, the Hallibel thing, was shocking and a good point, but Aizen wouldn't carry dead weight if he had to. All of this that we talked about leads me to believe tosen will play a role in whats to come.

/////////////
///////////
///////
////
///
//
/

.....O"
...-/-
././

Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #20
7 Paths of Pain
Vasto Lorde

Quote:
That's what makes me believe Tosen is quite stronger than what he appears. Either that or Aizen has some special use for him.
It's as if Tosen is floating in a gray zone, a zone of unknown, this, I'm sure, will be cleared up as the manga goes on. I predict Kubo will likely have a trick up his sleeve for Tosen.
Spoiler:

And yes, the Hallibel thing, was shocking and a good point, but Aizen wouldn't carry dead weight if he had to. All of this that we talked about leads me to believe tosen will play a role in whats to come.
and reveal the other captain's bankai as well maybe
Epic Friend Taker369