Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 08-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

ByakuganMaster024 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default New DBZ Tenkaichi game!

For the DBZ fans who don't already know about it there's a new tenkaichi game coming out this november. It's called Dragonball: Raging Blast. The new game is going to be for PS3 and Xbox360 and uses the same 3d style of gameplay as previous tenkaichi games. The game has even larger and more destructable environments than before and characters even have a new technique called a "Super Rising" move in addition to classic signature moves.

The game has been confirmed to go from the sayian saga to the buu saga but more may be added like GT sagas. There was a trailer that was shown at this years E3 that can now be found on youtube. Here's a link if anyone wants to see it.

E3 trailer:

*Update*
Alright it's been a while but there's finally some new info and a brand new trailer for raging blast from GC 09.

In raging blast it's been confirmed that aside from being able to play through the dbz story there will also be tons of "what if" scenarios. There will also be online play available in raging blast and that it will run at 60fps both online and offline. Also there will be unlockable costumes for characters and there will also be characters and transormations that never appeared in the anime or manga. One character that has been revealed is a super sayian 3 broly, which is shown briefly at the end of the new trailer.

I think that that's about it for any new info (no confirmation of gt characters yet). But the trailer may cover anything I might have missed. Oh and the game is currently set for release on November 10th.

Trailer #2:

*Update #2 (10/25/09)*

Demo now available for free download.

Last edited by ByakuganMaster024; 10-25-2009 at 06:27 PM.
ByakuganMaster024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: New DBZ Tenkaichi game!

any new info yet ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

No not yet, but if I do find any new info I'll update this thread.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Phenom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Why can't they just let an average video game series die while it is still average, instead of making it completely terrible. Fans of the series aren't going to like the "what if" scenarios by the looks of it, especially if the majority of them are things like SSJ3 Broly.

Tenkaichi was also arguably the worst of the PS2 Dragonball Z games, most people like Budokai 3. So why make another one? This just seems like they want to give a sort of Dragonball AF feel to the game. For those that don't know, Dragonball AF (AF is After Fight) is a fan series that takes place after GT in which people go as far as Super Saiyan 9.

This will probably be the first Dragonball game for a console I don't buy.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: My Air Pirate base.....What you want me to tell you where it is!? No way!
ChaosInuYasha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yeah I was not fond of the Tenkaichi series. Of course I still bought them since it was a DBZ game and it could be used to kill time and such. Hey Phenom did you get DBZ: Infinite World for PS2? That was a pretty fun game and it was like Budokai 3.5 though I wished they kept beam struggles in there -_-

I'm a Bi guy who likes yaoi. You got a problem with that?
Wanna be a Blue Rouge Air Pirate? Feel free to ask me for the details.
ChaosInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #6
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInuYasha View Post
Yeah I was not fond of the Tenkaichi series. Of course I still bought them since it was a DBZ game and it could be used to kill time and such. Hey Phenom did you get DBZ: Infinite World for PS2? That was a pretty fun game and it was like Budokai 3.5 though I wished they kept beam struggles in there -_-
I rented it and didn't play it for long. It was pretty fun, but not as good as Budokai 3.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
Kon
...wants a different title?
Formerly Naruto/Fan Boy

Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kon has completed a tough C-rank mission!

awsome!!!!!!!!!
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
jounin
Special Jonin Candidate

jounin has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Send a message via MSN to jounin

so its like tenkaichi and burst limit mixed together? awesome, I was in burst limit #1 in like 4 leaderboards
Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
Nine
Herbalist

Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nine is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Nine

The Theme song to it get my Adreanal glands PUMPING!!

Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
rocketjed1
Special Jonin Candidate

rocketjed1 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Um....if Tenkaichi is not in the name of the game then it is not a Tenkaichi game.

rocketjed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketjed1 View Post
Um....if Tenkaichi is not in the name of the game then it is not a Tenkaichi game.
It says Tenkaichi in one of the trailers so it is still a Tenkaichi game. The fact that CoD: Modern Warfare 2 was supposed to drop Call of Duty from the title doesn't mean it isn't a CoD game does it? The same applies to Burst Limit which was a budokai game.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
Sharingan_Kakashi_Hatake
Special Jonin Candidate

Sharingan_Kakashi_Hatake is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Sharingan_Kakashi_Hatake Send a message via Yahoo to Sharingan_Kakashi_Hatake

i here it has less characters than before
Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #13
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketjed1 View Post
Well, yes it is. It says so right in the new trailer before the title shows up, and it's the same gameplay style. They're just re-naming the series or somethin.

And I understand what your saying phenom. But they made it seem like the "what if" scenarios were just things like what it would be like if certain characters faced each other, or what would happen if a different character won certain battles. Nothing extreme like AF or anything like that.

For me, I'm interested to see the tenkaichi style of gameplay on a next gen console. When the series was on wii and ps2 I thought it was the graphics and the wii controls that had been lacking.

The only attacks that felt remotely good with wii controls were kamehameha and things like that and it wasn't really needed otherwise.

The graphics in the past games just didn't make for good cutscenes because there weren't good transitions between each of the facial expressions on the character models and the cutscenes just didn't look at all like recreations of the anime scenes. But on the ps3 and 360 the facial transitions have been made much smoother for cutscenes, and even during actual gameplay. The cutscenes also seem much more dramatic and intense in the trailers, and also look just like the anime basically, so raging blast already seems to have a better presentation than the past games did already.

If raging blast doesn't improve the series then I will agree with you phenom that they should let the series die. But like I said, I just want to see how it does on a next gen console first and I'm pretty excited for this one until then.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #14
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByakuganMaster024 View Post
Well, yes it is. It says so right in the new trailer before the title shows up, and it's the same gameplay style. They're just re-naming the series or somethin.

And I understand what your saying phenom. But they made it seem like the "what if" scenarios were just things like what it would be like if certain characters faced each other, or what would happen if a different character won certain battles. Nothing extreme like AF or anything like that.

For me, I'm interested to see the tenkaichi style of gameplay on a next gen console. When the series was on wii and ps2 I thought it was the graphics and the wii controls that had been lacking.

The only attacks that felt remotely good with wii controls were kamehameha and things like that and it wasn't really needed otherwise.

The graphics in the past games just didn't make for good cutscenes because there weren't good transitions between each of the facial expressions on the character models and the cutscenes just didn't look at all like recreations of the anime scenes. But on the ps3 and 360 the facial transitions have been made much smoother for cutscenes, and even during actual gameplay. The cutscenes also seem much more dramatic and intense in the trailers, and also look just like the anime basically, so raging blast already seems to have a better presentation than the past games did already.

If raging blast doesn't improve the series then I will agree with you phenom that they should let the series die. But like I said, I just want to see how it does on a next gen console first and I'm pretty excited for this one until then.
By mentioning AF I was referring to how they appear to be adding in transformations for people that appear to be extreme. Unlike the old "what-ifs" in , I believe, Budokai 2 that was simply a fusion between Goku and Videl's dad, and a few other dumb ones that were basically useless.

One of the trailers shows SSJ3 Broly, SSJ2 Broly (I think they call it something like ultimate Super Saiyan or something like that) was already a complete beast so why add a made up transformation for him that will make him an even bigger beast?

So basically, SSJ3 Broly is like adding in SSJ5 Goku or even SSJ7 Gohan from AF they would simply be making a already beast character an even bigger beast for no reason at all.

Hope that cleared up what I was saying, and if not then I suck at clearing things up.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #15
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: My Air Pirate base.....What you want me to tell you where it is!? No way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
I rented it and didn't play it for long. It was pretty fun, but not as good as Budokai 3.
I liked some of the things IW did like a seperated tray for characters and some of the added ones as well. Still I wish they kept beam struggles and the clash attacks in it.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #16
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.MATTHEWS View Post
Hey everyone was gud
Not to sound like a prude but it's considered off-topic when you go into a topic and only say "Hey whats up?".

Old 09-10-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
ByakuganMaster024
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
By mentioning AF I was referring to how they appear to be adding in transformations for people that appear to be extreme. Unlike the old "what-ifs" in , I believe, Budokai 2 that was simply a fusion between Goku and Videl's dad, and a few other dumb ones that were basically useless.

One of the trailers shows SSJ3 Broly, SSJ2 Broly (I think they call it something like ultimate Super Saiyan or something like that) was already a complete beast so why add a made up transformation for him that will make him an even bigger beast?

So basically, SSJ3 Broly is like adding in SSJ5 Goku or even SSJ7 Gohan from AF they would simply be making a already beast character an even bigger beast for no reason at all.

Hope that cleared up what I was saying, and if not then I suck at clearing things up.
Yeah, I do agree with you that an SSJ3 Broly and stuff like that for characters is definitely pointless. But the online could be really good if it is 60 fps like they say it's going to be. Tenkaichi 3's online had terrible framerate so I'm looking forward to having online in raging blast if it runs at 60 fps.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
MysticGoten
Special Jonin Candidate

MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

OMG
I can't want to be SSJ3 bROLY!!!!!!!!!!!
MysticGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
ECW Original
the most lovable girl at the ball.

ECW Original is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I thought Broly only had Legendary SuperSaiyan
ECW Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
ChaosInuYasha
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Original View Post
I thought Broly only had Legendary SuperSaiyan
SSJ3 Brolly is a What-If character in the game.