Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.
Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Minor update to forum rules. READ

4. Spam

As Weird Al once sang, it "makes a darn good sandwich any way you slice it," but it's not groovy on a discussion thread. Keep it out of the forum. Same goes for links to any illegal warez or materials, or spam advertisements in forum signatures. Any such postings will result in immediate banning of the user.

Note, the red text was added.

While not a major update, and more a clarifications, be aware that putting advertising links in your sig is the same as spamming the forums with ads.

You can still have links to websites (assuming the site is appropriate and doesn't have Viz-related fan art). All that stuff is still cool, but any link dedicated to selling stuff, is not cool.

This shouldn't be new info to anyone, but I like keeping people aware of changes in the rules.

Carry on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.

Last edited by Sage Mode; 10-01-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
RockLeesFutureWife
Jonin

RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via MSN to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via Yahoo to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via Skype™ to RockLeesFutureWife
Default Re: Minor update to forum rules. READ

This is most likely a dumb question but oh well. ^^
Is it okay for me to keep the link to my theme song in my sig.?
Since you did not mention anything about youtube videos, I wanted to double check. ^^
(It is okay if I post here...right? O_O)
Old 10-01-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
assassin
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I don't care where you are or what your doing...SO STOP TELLING ME ON TWITTER!
assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

got it

zanpaktou: Abrasador Tormenta
escudo espada #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin
contrary to popular belief, pm does not mean "private message", it means "perverted mind".

"My plan was perfect! But there was one thing I overlooked, one facter I failed to calculate. He's a dumba$$. And there's no accounting for dumba$$...ness." ~Agito
Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
nexthokage
Special Jonin Candidate

nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.nexthokage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

thanks toma i got it

For CCS: Herp Derp
From CCS: HERP DERP
3 YEARS ON HERE
Please sub to my youtube channel -V-

Quote:
Wikipedia
On April 1, 2012 at midnight, Toonami appeared to have taken over hosting for the night. While this could very well be Adult Swim's latest April Fool's Day prank, it appears to have returned
I like Bleach so much now and I play CoD
Old 10-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #5
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.
Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLeesFutureWife View Post
This is most likely a dumb question but oh well. ^^
Is it okay for me to keep the link to my theme song in my sig.?
Since you did not mention anything about youtube videos, I wanted to double check. ^^
(It is okay if I post here...right? O_O)
That's fine. If your youtube vid was a clip of nauto that would be a problem, but that has ALWAYS been an issue.

This is about advertisements in signatures.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
RockLeesFutureWife
Jonin

RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via MSN to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via Yahoo to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via Skype™ to RockLeesFutureWife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
That's fine. If your youtube vid was a clip of nauto that would be a problem, but that has ALWAYS been an issue.

This is about advertisements in signatures.
Okay, Thank you bunches Toma. ^^
And for a sec. I thought youtube vids. would count as spam, so that's why I asked. ^^
Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

kzilla2000 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
4. Spam

As Weird Al once sang, it "makes a darn good sandwich any way you slice it," but it's not groovy on a discussion thread. Keep it out of the forum. Same goes for links to any illegal warez or materials, or spam advertisements in forum signatures. Any such postings will result in immediate banning of the user.

While not a major update, and more a clarifications, be aware that putting advertising links in your sig is the same as spamming the forums with ads.

You can still have links to personal stuff like your myspace, or your deviantart (assuming your devianart isn't dedicated to fanart of viz properties. All that stuff is still cool, but links to a websit or ad dedicated to selling stuff, is not cool.

This shouldn't be new info to anyone, but I like keeping people aware of changes in the rules.

Carry on.
lol this probubly wont effect me in any way *carries on*
Old 10-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
FujimotoErin
Chunin

FujimotoErin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

it's spam to have naruto related vids on your sig? T.T Sasuke can't dance anymore then?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #9
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujimotoErin View Post
it's spam to have naruto related vids on your sig? T.T Sasuke can't dance anymore then?
It is not spam, but it is illegal. As Toma stated earlier you cannot have links to naruto stuff.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
mangagirl
Drama King
Perpetually leaving the forum

mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to mangagirl

thanks toma!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #11
FujimotoErin
Chunin

FujimotoErin saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
It is not spam, but it is illegal. As Toma stated earlier you cannot have links to naruto stuff.
im not sure if i care if it's illegal.. but i suppose i should get rid of it anyway.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
RockLeesFutureWife
Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujimotoErin View Post
im not sure if i care if it's illegal.. but i suppose i should get rid of it anyway.
Well having an illegal link could get you banned, honey. So you should care. ^^
P.S. You might wanna take the link out now.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
UzumakiRLP
Genin

UzumakiRLP is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to UzumakiRLP

Toma. Quick question (and it may be stupid too) but if you put anything that relates to products you can buy into your sig (ex.: GTX280 and Core i7 FTW!!!)

You see where that I mention GTX 280 and Core i7 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 and Intel Core i7). I'm wondering, is that advertising? sorry about the long explanation.

PSN: HellviewsRLP

Now what GTA IV model file did I replace with Sasuke? Oh, m_y_vendor, that's what.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #14
Cursed_Sage
Genin

Location: Wherever my destiny leads!! (Hopefully in the arms of my beautiful love)
Cursed_Sage is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

What about a link to my RP site?(an idea I never considered until now)
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth."-Al from Fullmetal Alchemist
Old 10-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #15
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzumakiRLP View Post
Toma. Quick question (and it may be stupid too) but if you put anything that relates to products you can buy into your sig (ex.: GTX280 and Core i7 FTW!!!)

You see where that I mention GTX 280 and Core i7 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 and Intel Core i7). I'm wondering, is that advertising? sorry about the long explanation.
That's fine. This is mainly in light of spammers who have spam in their signature instead of posting spam in a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursed_Sage View Post
What about a link to my RP site?(an idea I never considered until now)
It depends on what kind of RP you're talking about. If the RP is of any Viz characters, then unfortunately you can't link that.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Old 10-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
madara'
Special Jonin Candidate

madara' is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
4. Spam

You can still have links to websites (assuming the site is appropriate and doesn't have Viz-related fan art). All that stuff is still cool, but any link dedicated to selling stuff, is not cool.

Carry on.
That's a terrific Idea.
Best Buddies:-I'm_Ur_Drug-,Itachi-Sama,Hawk
A-W-E-S-O-M-E:Kiko Hyuuga
Bestest friend:

My brother's life was more precious than the Leaf Village. That's why I'm out to destroy the Leaf Village.
AKA~Akatsuki Sasuke

I will protect Naruto with my life!Tobi=Madara
Old 10-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #17
evil buzzard
Special Jonin Candidate

evil buzzard saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to evil buzzard

Is the youtube viddeo a ad I should take out?(in sigy)

┌─┐ ─┐
│▒│ /▒/
│▒│/▒/
│▒ /▒/─┬─┐
│▒│▒|▒│▒│
┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌

Lives in AgentShayd's skirt.

Last edited by evil buzzard; 10-02-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil buzzard View Post
Is the youtube viddeo a ad I should take out?(in sigy)
That's fine. Please see my above response.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Closed Thread