Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #101
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Anime Dream Team - Team Registration

team PWNAGE:
1 gogeta(DBGT)
2 yusuke uramechi (yu yu hakusho)
3 itachi uchiha (naruto)

alternate
1 vegito (dbz)
2 himura kenshin (rurouni kenshin)
3 bulma (DB DBZ, not gt she is old lol)

well i chose this team obviously for pwnage. gogeta was the stronger character ever appeared on the anime,
yusuke has the biggest will of any character that ive ever seen in an anime, not to mention an attitude the size of Alaska. (bigger than texas lol)
and just for u genjutsu users i got itachi.
my alternates were chosen just for their coolness
vegito was ruthless and vicious.
himura was smooth and deadly
bulma.... everyone needs a cheerleader!!
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #102
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to Kisame

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame
What if the voters have no idea what some characters who are competing can do?
Well, when they have someone use a move, they could (briefly) explain how it works.
Like Kamehameha: Goku gathers energy and attacks with a large straight beam of that same energy.
Yeah, it seems good.

You should also mention the power. Like Kamehameha is planet destruction level+
Old 05-06-2009, 06:10 PM   #103
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What if the voters have no idea what some characters who are competing can do?
Well, when they have someone use a move, they could (briefly) explain how it works.
Like Kamehameha: Goku gathers energy and attacks with a large straight beam of that same energy.
Yeah, it seems good.

You should also mention the power. Like Kamehameha is planet destruction level+
Yeah, but what about attacks like Susano'o that can defend against anything?
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #104
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!

That's a no limit fallacy which is used as a hyperbole, a strong attack could defeat it.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #105
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Are there any other kinks in the system?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #106
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

I say other characters like Superman and DBZ characters shoulb be eliminated. Superman moves massively past ligh speed, which regular characters can react to that?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #107
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I gotta say, DBZ is tough cause there really aren't limits or solid scales to measure power by. Everything was relative... and stupidly high.

I'm not a fan of it.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #108
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
I say other characters like Superman and DBZ characters shoulb be eliminated. Superman moves massively past ligh speed, which regular characters can react to that?
But my team is made up of DBZ characters. How about instead we just give everyone equal speed so they have to rely on special attacks?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #109
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK
I gotta say, DBZ is tough cause there really aren't limits or solid scales to measure power by. Everything was relative... and stupidly high.

I'm not a fan of it.

Well, during the cell saga according to Cell they were galaxy busters. They have only become stronger.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #110
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
Quote:
But my team is made up of DBZ characters. How about instead we just give everyone equal speed so they have to rely on special attacks?

Attacks that can destroy Galaxies, still seems pretty broken.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #111
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Quote:

I am actually objecting less about the "they are stupidly powerful/fast aspect and more on the fact that it is difficult to objectively rate or compare them.

Though the absurdity of them is kinda much. I mean if we were going for stuff like that, there are plenty of completely ridiculous, physics defying, anime to choose from.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #112
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I'd like it to be more based on who made the most compelling argument/story of how the fight played out, and the user that wrote that would be the main winner. I think that'd take care of any real balance issues, as that'd take the burden off the characters and put it onto the one arguing for them.

It'd be more about a good show, rather than "Dr. Manhattan won because he made everyone explode." The players would be competing within creative limitations, more than the teams themselves. It'd make it more involving for people to participate in as well.

Thoughts?
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #113
Kingsnoke
assumed the position
and got to the party. TWICE!
Sage of Ice Water

Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Team: Perspective
Detective Conan(Case Closed)
Shikamaru(Naruto)
Link(Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

Alternates
Kakashi(Naruto)
Itachi(Naruto)

Kingsnoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #114
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

If DBZ characters are allowed I promise you I will begin every argument I can with "while goku spends thee episodes powering up the other party...."

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #115
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Also, in the event of teams each having a member in common, that's what the alternates are for.

And in the event of a sudden death, they might come into play as well.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #116
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse
I'd like it to be more based on who made the most compelling argument/story of how the fight played out, and the user that wrote that would be the main winner. I think that'd take care of any real balance issues, as that'd take the burden off the characters and put it onto the one arguing for them.

It'd be more about a good show, rather than "Dr. Manhattan won because he made everyone explode." The players would be competing within creative limitations, more than the teams themselves. It'd make it more involving for people to participate in as well.

Thoughts?

Couldn't the person writing it, try to come up with a scenario in which the team they prefered won?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #117
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK
If DBZ characters are allowed I promise you I will begin every argument I can with "while goku spends thee episodes powering up the other party...."
It'd be entertaining, so I'm down with it.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 05-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #118
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Maybe we could use something like the system me and Lee came up with.

Although it would take some time.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #119
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Can I be in the first round?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #120
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
Maybe we could use something like the system me and Lee came up with.

Although it would take some time.
What system?