Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

kzilla2000 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Exclamation viruses

1st thing please dont lock this thread mods and admins let other users post here

okay i think deadman was right i have had strange things happening to my computer ever since he posted that thread i think there are viruses on the site things ive been seeing

1.if i right click the right click browser wont go away it keeps popping up in different places (only one time but still)
2.uncountable pages pop up if i only click a link once (dosnt always happens but some times)
i dont think these are just bugs please post here if youve had problems like these i havent gotten the worm virus or anything but these are still still wierd

Last edited by kzilla2000; 09-15-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:01 AM   #2
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: viruses

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
Someone sent me a message on MSN who calls himself (GO 2 HELL) that he is seeing how is the forum is doing good, soo he said too me "i love destroying good forums" and then he said "i will upload a WORM32 virus to the forum in the control pannel section, so everone who opens there control pannel will reseave the virus", then i wanted to reply to him but it seemed that he closed his account!
After 2 minuets my screan apeared in blue and said "fatal error worm 32 virus has entered your computer please contact a person who manages your computer" soo i called my uncle "a computer company owner" and he sent me 3 computer programmers, and they inserted a strange divise to the com and they managed to delete the virus, then they tracked the sender and they found out that he is a hacker from facebook but they didn't manage to find him, and they dealed with the virus mommenteraly!

So i ask the mods to be aware of this guy and to make all nesesary things to protect the forum, i'll try to help as much as i can, i started with uploading a new antivirus with a special indetector!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
The forums are not in trouble.

Seriously this is nothing to worry about. You got the virus through MSN and the worm wont affect everyone. This person told you he would go after the forums to make you come here and panic us.

Seriously, its covered.
I think Toma said it best. At any rate, do a virus/spyware scan on your computer.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #3
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
I think Toma said it best. At any rate, do a virus/spyware scan on your computer.
i do and ive heard toma before but i dont want his answer i want others i want to know if anybody has had these problems recently
Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

i second to what Err here said. and as i have told you before, i think this forum is protected enough and that kind of virus that deadman is talking about cannot be uploaded in this forum. you might have gotten it from other sites or mails.

do scan your computer for viruses/spywares. (i hoped you did what i've told you about keeping your anti-virus/anti-spyware updated). if you can't find anything/unsure of things, better consult a technician/have him check the computer.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shkin View Post
i second to what Err here said. and as i have told you before, i think this forum is protected enough and that kind of virus that deadman is talking about cannot be uploaded in this forum. you might have gotten it from other sites or mails.

do scan your computer for viruses/spywares. (i hoped you did what i've told you about keeping your anti-virus/anti-spyware updated). if you can't find anything/unsure of things, better consult a technician/have him check the computer.
yeah i probubly need to i have and i mightve but if it says virus detected i select the option dont allow access and terminate but the wierd part is this all started the day after deadman posted that thread even if check for wierd things with your cp shkin

and please i made this thread so people can post problems not "2nd that"
Old 09-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzilla2000 View Post
yeah i probubly need to i have and i mightve but if it says virus detected i select the option dont allow access and terminate but the wierd part is this all started the day after deadman posted that thread even if check for wierd things with your cp shkin

and please i made this thread so people can post problems not "2nd that"
i respect your point on asking if anyone else got this problem...i just don't think the idea of "you might have gotten it in this forum" thing...it might cause some "panic" and trouble here...if you know what i mean. its what we are trying to avoid.

and it might have started after deadman's post because maybe it was about that time that the virus was released in the cyberworld.

and oh another thing..you might want to get a better anti-virus software... i think the one you have right now is kinda not that good.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #7
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
i respect your point on asking if anyone else got this problem...i just don't think the idea of "you might have gotten it in this forum" thing...it might cause some "panic" and trouble here...if you know what i mean. its what we are trying to avoid.

and it might have started after deadman's post because maybe it was about that time that the virus was released in the cyberworld.

and oh another thing..you might want to get a better anti-virus software... i think the one you have right now is kinda not that good.
1.thank you NOW STOP POSTING JKJK

2.no it wont its not like viz is hiding some dark secret
Spoiler:
wich they are

3.no its fine

notice:the black screen was just my moniter screen accidentally being unplugged ill edit that outta there but the other 2 are still unexplained

Last edited by kzilla2000; 09-15-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #8
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
notice the black screen was just my moniter screen accidentally being unplugged ill edit that outta there but the other 2 are still unexplained
promise this is going to be my last post in this thread...

i just can't help it with that thing about monitor was unplugged!
that post right there is killing me! now i got tears in my eyes...*bangs head on the desk*

you made my day kzilla...

shkin out.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
promise this is going to be my last post in this thread...

i just can't help it with that thing about monitor was unplugged!
that post right there is killing me! now i got tears in my eyes...*bangs head on the desk*

you made my day kzilla...

shkin out.
no its fine XD glad i made your day
*trying to unplug moniter screen*
-___-
Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
*ILUVFASHION*
Chunin Exam Participant

*ILUVFASHION* is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't get it...how can that person (who sent that stupid e-mail to deadman) destroy this forum when he's not owner of this site...Totally weird......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(She's soooo nice BELIEVE IT! xD)

A victim of the DramaFlu 0.0

My Theme
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
sophie-uchiha
Freshmen Academy Student

sophie-uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i sometimes happens to me
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #12
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate

well atleast i know now its not just me
Old 09-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #13
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

-shrugs- You may have gotten one but the forums are and will be fine.

In the meantime, get an antivirus to help protect your computer.

This computer uses Avira (which I think is a piece of crap, but some people like it).

I find that AVG is so-so, but it uses tons of memory.

I use Norton on my laptop, and have never had a virus/any other form of malware/whatever, but tons of people hate it and think it's worthless. I find nothing wrong with it myself other than it devours RAM like nobody's business.

I hear there's one called Avast that works well, but I've never used it myself.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
1.if i right click the right click browser wont go away it keeps popping up in different places (only one time but still)
2.uncountable pages pop up if i only click a link once (dosnt always happens but some times)
i dont think these are just bugs please post here if youve had problems like these i havent gotten the worm virus or anything but these are still still wierd
Well, it certainly sounds like you have some kind of worm on your computer, and I am 100% certain they are not from this webpage.

IM clients often spread a lot of worms around, so be aware of opening any attachments you can find. These worms are generally harder to remove as well, but rest assured that as long as you have admin access to your computer, you are technically able to remove any kind of virus on your computer as long as you know what you're doing.

I would recommend downloading an up-to-date antivirus software and reboot in safe mode to do a FULL scan making sure you have administrator access to your computer. Depending on what operating system you use and what worms you have, you may have to manually go into regedit and remove some lines. You can find removal instructions for all kind of worms online, just do a google search for the names that comes up.

After you do a virus scan to get rid of all worms you should download and install an anti-spyware software like Ad-Aware. Run a full scan and remove all the spyware it detects.

For further protection, you should make sure you're using a browser that is up to date, and don't allow most scripts you find on webpages (Firefox has an amazing addon called NoScript which prevents ANY scripts on ANY webpages from running unless you manually allow them).

I've yet to have a single worm on my computer in 5 years, and I have minimal amount of spyware (I scan every month and deletes 5-10 files each time, most of them are relatively harmless files).
Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #15
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

Is that the reason there has been glitches going on around the site?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #16
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

Viruses are in no way related to the site issues.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Well, not viruses but I mean bugs and glitches.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #18
RedBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

RedBlade saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I don't think theres a virus i havent had any problems like the ones you said or any otherwise
Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlade View Post
I don't think theres a virus i havent had any problems like the ones you said or any otherwise

But other people has. There was a problem with Viz Media's Server.I had the same problem and I couldn't go in.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #20
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
Is that the reason there has been glitches going on around the site?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto321 View Post
Well, not viruses but I mean bugs and glitches.
The reason these forums have been going down a lot and been generally been having lots of problems is because of a corrupt database, this is according to Toma. Now that this site has a fresh database there should be no problems with these forums for the time being. The admins already announced this transition here.

The problems you described in your first post are affecting your personal computer and not this site. Nothing you do here will spread the virus out to the site or these forums. Do what Aurega suggested, and try again. Once you get those things fixed on your computer you will stop having those problems.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Closed Thread

Tags
site, virus, viruses