Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #1
BossOfGames
Genin Elite

BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to BossOfGames
Default Custom Themes/Skins in vBulletin

Hey Everyone,

Since Eventually we will be getting to a point where this forum may become the Official ViZ forums, is it possible that we could implement the Themes/Skins system in vBulletin? You can select themes from your favorite anime or manga!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BossOfGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Custom Themes/Skins in vBulletin

It's not a transition just yet. Right now it's literally a basic makeover. A lot of the older dead sections which make the forum look cluttered are getting archived.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #3
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

The problem with the idea is that we'd have to make them ourselves. If people skilled in image editing and design wanted to go ahead and take a stab at making different backgrounds or logo images we could probably make something work. Forum image rules would apply of course, so we'd have to be careful on how we go about this.

Hell, people who've made their own redesigns using browser extensions like Color that Site or Stylish could even post the coding and images and we could probably implement something more official if enough people took interest.

Spoiler:

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

So it won't be that hard to get some new themes if we have people that submit them? So yes, go work on something to submit?
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:07 AM   #5
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

Simple design like that looks pretty good, just colours I think will improve the aesthetics.

Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:09 AM   #6
moonwatcher
The girl known as Raspy

moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to moonwatcher

I wouldn't mind it.
moonwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:09 AM   #7
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
So it won't be that hard to get some new themes if we have people that submit them? So yes, go work on something to submit?
If people at least give me a sample color scheme concept to work on I can make something work.

Only problem is that people have historically wanted something more inline with designs based off the HST. Which I don't have time for alone.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #8
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

Red and Black, please Ashen, I need this!

Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

Old 03-31-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
BossOfGames
Genin Elite

BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.BossOfGames finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to BossOfGames

If the images that we would put in question ware on the official VIZ servers and on the website, then we should technically not have a problem. All we would need to do is modify them to the template. SRhyse can chime in on this.

I was thinking of a more user based submission in the first place. I did NOT expect for the staff to design templates, however, the staff can have a say of what is approved.

YouTube:
BossOfGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
If people at least give me a sample color scheme concept to work on I can make something work.

Only problem is that people have historically wanted something more inline with designs based off the HST. Which I don't have time for alone.
Blue and white would be an awesome color theme. I was hoping for something lighter to offset the current, darker theme. I don't necessarily know much about it, but I'm down to start heading in that direction if it means getting stuff done.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #11
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossOfGames View Post
If the images that we would put in question ware on the official VIZ servers and on the website, then we should technically not have a problem. All we would need to do is modify them to the template. SRhyse can chime in on this.
Depends on what you mean by modifying. Streaming from images that are already on an approved server could be doable, but editing and re-uploading the images in any way makes them a no go. There's also very little that I've seen on the Viz server that could improve the forums aesthetic experience, but I'm open to suggestion in using what we have so long as we don't start any wildfires over it.

That said, we don't necessarily need a picture of anything specifically related to One Piece to turn this forum into something that looks like a One Piece reference. Set up the color scheme just right, turn the background image into an ocean with a pirate ship on it, and boom. Rurouni Kenshin, toss up a nice looking sword to replace the cloud banner, get some cherry blossom action going up and down the sides of the forum, toss out the appropriate forum colors and boom.

We could potentially do all of that without rocking any boats with Viz Legal. It just takes time and dedication that I don't have at the moment. But if there's a good graphic artist with a bit of time on his/her hand, it could be possible.

On the other hand, doing a palette swap of the forum is much more doable than anime-esque homage themes. I've even got a handful already made. However, just saying you want a Red and Black, or Blue and White skin isn't helpful. It's too vague and there are so many elements to the forum that would need to be modified.

Now if people really want to give me something to work with, I'd make use of this Firefox Extension(Color that Site!), change the colors of the forum to whatever you'd like to see, and then take multiple screenshots that I can use for easy referencing.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #12
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Awards Showcase

That would be good, show us dem templates dawg!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: