Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Complete Forum Help Guide (UPDATED 10/15/14)

Basic forum FAQ
Spoiler:
How is all this structured?
The bulletin board as a whole contains various categories (broad subject areas such as Off-Topic, Debate Forum, and more), which themselves contain forums (more specific subject areas. These are even more detailed) which contain threads (conversations on a topic. Dont go off of the topic.) which are made up of individual posts (where a user writes something). GUESTS CANT POST.

The board home page has a list of categories and forums, with basic statistics for each - including the number of threads and posts, and which member posted the most recent message. You will also find the most recent active thread.

How do I find my way around?
When you click on a forums name, you are taken to the list of threads it contains. You will pick the forum based on the relevance to the section. For example: You are looking for a topic about Itachi. You would not look in the off-topic section, you would go to character talk. A good reference if you dont know where to start is the New Posts button. It will take you to the latest threads. A thread is a conversation between members. Each thread starts out as a single post and grows as more individual posts are added by different users. Threads can be rated to show how useful or popular they are and may contain polls.

To start a new thread simply click on the "New Thread" button (you may need the right permissions to do this). You will have to choose the correct section to post it in. Make sure you categorize it correctly!

Threads can be ordered in many different ways. The default is to have the thread with the most recent activity at the top. But you can easily change this ordering, for example to have the thread with the most posts at the top, or the highest rating. Simply click on the appropriate column heading at the top of the list of threads (Thread, Thread Starter, Rating, Last Post, Replies or Views).

You can also reverse the sorting order by clicking the arrow next to the name of the active option. (Note that "sticky" threads will always be at the top no matter how you change the viewing options or the page number you are on).

Multi-page views
When there are more threads to display than will fit on a single page, you may see the "Page" box, which contains page numbers. This indicates that the list of threads has been split over two or more pages. To change pages, simply click on the page number you want to go to.

This method of splitting lists of items over many pages is used throughout the board.

What are sticky threads?
"Sticky" threads are created by moderators or administrators, and remain "stuck" to the top of the listing, even if they havent had any posts recently. Their purpose is to keep important information visible and accessible at all times. They are usually forumwide or section announcements.

How do I read a thread?
To read a thread, click on its title. Each post in a thread is created by a member. You will see some brief information about the member who created the thread above the main post message.

In most cases it will be to the side of the post.

To post a reply to an existing thread, click on the "Post Reply" button. If the "Post Reply" button does not appear, it could mean that you are not logged in as a member, or that you do not have permission to reply, or that the thread has been closed to new replies. Or you can go to the box at the bottom of the thread above the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" box.

You may need to click the quick reply button in a post to activate the quick reply box before you can type into it.

On long threads you may want to change how the posts are ordered.
Is there a faster way to get to forums?

If you know which forum you want to go to, you can use the "Forum Jump" control, which appears at the bottom of many pages within the board.

Im having trouble with this site or forums loading.
Spoiler:
Sometimes the forums and website run into a server problem. The four main errors users come across are:

No suitable nodes are available for your request.
This page cannot be displayed.
Zero sized object
Internal Server Error - Read

This problem should have been fixed.

If you continue to experience problems, try waiting a few minutes then try again. If the problem persists and is not one of the errors listed above, please post your issue in the Forum Feedback & Issues Section.
Zero Size Object: This can happen if you hit a node while it is restarting. That happens about 2-5 times per day, and lasts about 15 seconds (roughly), so I dont believe people are seeing this very often, but if you do, just wait about 20 seconds and try to go to the page again.
No suitable nodes are available for your request: It means that there is a problem with the cluster of web servers that run the web site the link is pointing to. This is probably a temporary error, so try again later. Just like Zero Size Object.
The page cannot be displayed: Basically, there is something up with the page. Just wait and refresh.
Internal Server Error - Read: Basically, you made a request to the server and it wasn't able to understand what it was asked to do, either as a result of server overload (too many members) or a misconfiguration. All you can do is simply wait or refresh the page a few times. Please report these kind of errors in the Database Error / Internal Server Error Reports thread and the higher up's will stand a better chance at getting rid of the problem.

How do I find out more about members?
Spoiler:
To view information about a particular member, click on the user name. This will take you to their public profile page once you choose the option.
What is the Navigation Bar?

The navigation bar at the top of every page has links to help you move around. A "breadcrumb" area at the top left shows where you are now. A form on the right allows you to quickly login. With one click you can reach areas such as: the User Control Panel, FAQ (which you are reading now), the Calendar, Search options and Quick Links to other useful features.

What is the "What is Going On?" box on the board home page?
On the board home page, you will see a section at the bottom that tells you what is going on at the moment. It tells you things like the number of registered users online, the number of guests, and even things like birthdays, and forthcoming events. These are just little widgets to make this place look fancy.

How do I make an account so I can start posting?
Spoiler:
Identity on the board, a fixed username on all messages you post and an online public profile.

Registration is free (unless otherwise specified), and offers an extended range of features, including:
Posting new threads
Replying to other peoples threads
Editing your posts
Receiving email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify (Optional)
Sending private messages to other members (Optional. Can be disabled if necessary.)
Creating albums of pictures and comment on others pictures (Optional)
Adding events to the forum calendar
Setting up a "contact list" to quickly see which of your friends are online. (Optional)
As you can see, this forum has an extensive range of features, and can be customized.

How do I register?
Spoiler:
You register by clicking on the "Register" link near the top of the page. You will be asked to choose a user name, password and enter a valid email address. In addition there will be some other fields to which you will be invited to respond. Some will be mandatory while others are optional.

Once this is complete you will either be fully registered, or in some cases you may have to click on a link in an "activation email" sent to your email address. Once you have done this you will be registered.

Note that entering your email address will not leave you open to "spam", as you can choose to hide it from other board users. You will probably be able to allow other registered users to contact you via email, but the system wont display your email address to them unless you give permission.

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provide consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.

Making Your First Post
Spoiler:
On some boards you might be able to post and reply as a guest user. But most communities require registration.

As a registered user you can go to a forum on a board where you have permission to view threads and leave replies. To reply you have a few options. You can click on the "Post Reply" button button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you have made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.
If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Special posting features
Spoiler:
How do I format my posts and messages?
When posting messages you may wish to include some formatting such as bold text, italic text and underlined text. Or change the font type.

Adding formatting to your post can be done in two ways:
Using clickable controls similar to those found in most word processors
Typing formatting commands in BB code
Clickable controls are available in the Standard and Enhanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors. The difference between these is that the standard editor will show the BB code in your message and be processed when it is displayed. The enhanced WYSIWYG editor will show your message as it will be displayed while you are typing.
To use these, simply click the button, for example the B (bold) button and then type to get bold text. Click the button again to stop using that formatting. You can also highlight text that you have already typed then click the formatting button to format existing text.
BB code is a special set of codes similar to HTML that can be used in posts to the board. To see the full list of BB code tags that can be used on this site and examples of their use, Click here.

How do I make a new topic?
Spoiler:
To start a new thread simply click on the "New Thread" button that looks like this: . You will need to make a subject where it says title.

How do I get an Avatar, the picture under my name?
Spoiler:
First you need to go into your User CP.

Then click the Edit Avatar button

After clicking the Edit Avatar button, you will be given a list of pictures of Naruto characters. If you dont like any that appear on the list, go to the next page, and choose from those.

You can also use the new avatars that we posted HERE!

Spoiler:
Soon we MIGHT have more avatars for the forums!

How to edit your signature?
Spoiler:
It is just about the same process as getting an Avatar. Go into the User CP, edit signature, and enter your text or links in the box. You cannot have pictures in your signature without approval from the admins.

NOTE: You MUST HAVE

1. 50 posts(must be in areas where posts count)

2. Are a registered member for 180 days

3. Reach 250 reputation points

Sig Image Permissions Thread

What else can I do in the User Control Panel?
Spoiler:
In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named "Edit Options".
Login & Privacy: set your
"Invisible Mode" - sets whether or not other members can see if you are online and what page you are viewing
"Show Reputation Level" - shows your reputation level on posts if this option is enabled by the administrator
"Allow vCard Download" - sets whether or not to allow other members to download a vCard containing your email address and username.
Messaging & Notification - options include:
"Receive Email" - whether or not you want to receive emails from other Members and administrators
"Default Thread Subscription Mode" - how you want to be notified about new posts in threads to which you have subscribed
"Private Messaging" - control how you want Private Messaging to work for your account
"Visitor Messaging" - control how you want Visitor Messaging to work for your account
Thread Display Options - these include:
"Visible Post Elements" - whether or not you want to be able to see Signatures, Avatars and Images in posts
"Thread Display Mode" - how you want to view threads by default (more info available here)
"Number of Posts to Show Per Page"
"Default Thread Age Cut Off" - the time period for threads to be displayed - threads older than this age will be hidden
Date & Time Options - these include:
"Time Zone" - your local geographical time zone offset from GMT/UTC
"Start of the Week" - for the Calendar.
Miscellaneous Options include:
"Message Editor Interface" - This option allows you choose what kind of editor you will use when posting messages. Your choices include a basic text-only editor, a standard editor with clickable formatting controls, or a full WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor that will show your formatting as you type.
"Forum Style" - only available if there is more than one style (or "skin") available and the administrator has enabled this selection
"Forum Language" - only available if there is more than one Language enabled. This will change the language in which all controls and board messages will be shown. It will not translate members posts.

The time on the forums is wrong, how can I change it to my time?
Spoiler:
Again, you need to go into your User CP and there will be an "Edit Options" link. Click it, and scroll down, when you get to "Date & Time Options", choose your timezone.

How do I edit or delete my post?
Spoiler:
Can I edit or delete my posts?
If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you have made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

Can others edit my posts?
Administrators, super moderators, and moderators over the particular forum, may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

Creating a poll
Spoiler:
You may notice that some threads on this forum also include a section where you can vote on an issue or question. These threads are called "polls".

How do I create a new poll?
When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.
An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Sky-blue
  • Pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the "Yes, post a poll with this thread" checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.
When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

How do I vote in a poll and view the results?
To vote in a poll, simply select which option you want to vote for, and click the "Vote!" button. Sometime you can choose more than one option. You can see the current results for a poll before you vote by clicking the "View Results" link. Voting in a poll is entirely optional. You may vote for any of the available options, or cast no vote at all.

Note whether or not a poll is a public poll. If it is, any votes you cast will be attributable to you.
Generally, once you have voted in a poll, you will not be able to change your vote later, so place your vote carefully!

The Reputation System (Created by Toma RNK)
Spoiler:
What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts.

Reputation may be positive, or negative.
Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation can not affect a persons reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post.

It will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

BUT

You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page.
Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral.

Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.
The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

You giveto a users reputation a number of points equal to your reputation power.

You subtract from a users reputation using the following formula:

Basically you take away half rounded down and if you only have 1 rep power you still subtract 1 rep. Chart looks like this.

YOUR REP POWER/AMOUNT DOCKED
1/1
2/1
3/1
4/2
5/2
6/3
7/3
8/4
9/4
10/5
and so on.

Reputation power is calculated like so:

For every 365 number of days since you signed up, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 2000 posts, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation power.

Pre-requisites
You must have 50 posts before you can affect any ones reputation.
You must have 3 reputation before you can affect any ones reputation.

Also, you may only alter reputation (up or down) 20 times a day.
In addition, you must Alter 20 peoples reputation before you can alter that persons rep again.

The rep titles currently known are:
(-) ranks:
- User has been known to Deface Sannin Monuments in the past.
- User has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
- User is an S-class criminal.
- User has a full page listing in the Bingo Book...
- User is currently interning with Orochimaru
- User is wanted dead or alive - preferably dead - in all nations.
- User has jugulars of all forum members in his room

(+) ranks:
0- User is just chillin in the village doing D-ranks at this point.
10- User saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
30- User has completed a tough C-rank mission!
75- User is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
150- User has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
250- User just finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
350- User has a pricey dish named after them at Ichiraku Ramen.
450- User completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
550- User strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
650- User is one of the most respected ninja in the in the tri-village area.
750- User completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
900- User just might be Kage someday.
1250- User is listed in every clans bingo book under AWESOME.
2000- User is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
5000- User --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
9000- Users power level is OVER 9000!!!!
10000 - User has ascended to godhood, causing plants and flowers to bloom with each step. The trivialites of forum life no longer satisfy. Only the infinite complexity of chakra satisfies. I eat your chakra!!!

Smilies
Spoiler:
What are smilies?
Smilies are icons that can be used in your posts to express emotions or feelings. You might wish to use these to show that you are happy, sad, joking, or embarrassed. For example, if you are telling a joke or being sarcastic you may wish to add a wink instead of writing "this is a joke".

The basic smilies are the same as what you would find on any instant messenger system. They are made up of a combination of characters which often show the basis of the resulting image.

For example, is converted to a smiley face and to a sad face or frown. Tilt your head to the left to see this in action as these consist of two eyes and a mouth either smiling or frowning.

How do I add smilies?
Some smilies can be accessed from the "New Post" or "New Thread" pages if your administrator has enabled this function. Clicking them will automatically insert them into your message. You can also type the character combinations for the smilies directly.

A full list of the smilies and their character combinations used on this forum can be found HERE.

On occasions, you may want to prevent the text in your message being converted into smilies. You will see a checkbox which you can select when you make a new post, which will allow you to "Disable Smilies".

Who are the leaders of the Forum?
Spoiler:
Super Moderators oversee all of the forums, they arent exactly admins, but they have a lot of power. Becoming a super moderator is very tough, you have to be very helpful and smart, in order to become one.

Administrators and Quasi Admins are the people who have overall control of everything that happens on the board. They oversee how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, what information to require from members and who to appoint as moderators. Quasi Admins usually need consent from the real Admins to make changes.

The Admins are Sage Mode and SRhyse.
List of Site Admins, Quasi's, & Super Moderator!

Friends and Contacts
Spoiler:
What is the difference between a friend and a contact?
A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.

A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?
Your friends and contacts are displayed on the Contacts and Friends page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?
There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.
The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the "Befriend" link.

The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your "Contacts and Friends" page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labelled "Friend". Next, save the page.

If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking "Add Friend".
To accept a friend, go to your "Contacts and Friends" page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the "Accept" button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select "Reject" instead.

Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.
1. From your "Contacts and Friends" page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.
2. In your "Profile Page", click "Friends" and then click "Break Friendship" next to the users name.
3. In the other persons profile, click "Friends" then find your username and click "Break Friendship".

How do I send a Private Message?
Spoiler:
Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this forum. You may be able to include BB code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.

You may send a private message to a member of this forum by clicking the Send A Private Message link in the private messaging section of your user control panel, or by clicking the "Send a Private Message" link in the drop down menu that appears in a members posts when you click on their username.

When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of it in your "Sent Items" folder.

How do I work with Private Message Folders?
By default, you will have two folders in your private message area. These are the "Inbox" and the "Sent" Items folders.

The Inbox Folder contains any new messages you receive. It allows you to view all the messages you have received, along with the name of the person who sent it, and the date and time it was sent.

The Sent Items Folder contains a copy of any messages that you have sent, where you have specified that you wish to keep a copy for future reference.

You can create additional folders for your messages by clicking the Edit Folders link.

Each folder has a set of message controls which allow you to select messages, then either move them to one of your custom folders, or delete them. Once you have selected your messages, you can choose the following options in the "Selected Message" box at the bottom of the list:
  • Move to Folder
  • Delete
  • Mark as Read
  • Mark as Unread
  • Download as XML
  • Download as CSV
  • Download as TEXT
You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can have in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones.

If you would like to keep a record of your messages before you delete them, you can use any of the "Download as.." options listed above to take a copy and store them on your own computer.

Whenever you read a message, you will have the option to reply or forward it to another member of the forum. You may also have the ability to forward that message to multiple members of your contact list.

How do I track messages?
When you send a new private message, you may have the option to request a read-receipt. This lets you check whether or not a message has been read by its recipient. To do this, go to the Message Tracking Page.
This page is divided into two sections: unread and read messages.

The unread messages section shows all messages that you have sent with a read-receipt request, that have not yet been read by their recipient.
The read messages section shows all messages you have sent with a receipt request that have been read and acknowledged by their recipient. The time that the message was read is also shown.

You may choose to end the tracking on any message you choose by selecting it and clicking the "End Tracking" button.

When you receive a message with a read-receipt request, you may have the option to read the message while denying the read-receipt request.

To do this, simply click the "Deny Receipt" link rather than the title of the message, if it appears.

Subscribing to Topics
Spoiler:
What are subscriptions?
Subscriptions are a way of keeping track of different threads or forums. You can choose how you are notified about updates - for example by having them listed in your User CP and receiving email updates for each one.

How do I subscribe to a thread or forum?
To subscribe to a forum, click the "Forum Tools" link above the list of threads then select "Subscribe to Forum". You will then have the option to choose the subscription mode for this forum. If the forum that you are subscribing to has any child forums (forums within a forum) then your subscription will be extended to these automatically.

To subscribe to a thread, click the "Thread Tools" link at the top of the list of posts then click "Subscribe to Thread". You can then choose the subscription mode that you wish to use for that thread.

What subscription modes are available?

There are a number of different forum subscription modes available.
  • No Email Notification - lists the subscription in your User CP only. You do not receive any notifications about new posts or threads in the forum.
  • Daily Email Notification - sends one email a day with the new and updated threads in the forum and any sub-forums. If there are no new or updated threads in the forum or its sub-forums then you will not receive an email.
  • Weekly Email Notification - sends one email per week in the same way as the Daily Email Notification.
Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:
  • Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.
How do I manage Subscriptions and Folders?
Thread subscriptions can be sorted into folders for easy management. You can create as many folders as you wish by going to Edit Folders in the "Subscribed Threads" section of your User CP. To add a new folder, enter the folder name into one of the blank boxes and save the page. To delete a folder, delete the folder name. Editing a folder is done by simply editing the folder name in the list.

You can also manage your individual subscriptions by clicking List Subscriptions under "Subscribed Threads" in your User CP. Here you can select which subscriptions you wish to manage and delete them, move them to another folder, or change their subscription type.

Forum subscriptions are not managed through the List Subscriptions page and are shown on the User CP page where they contain the option to unsubscribe from the forum.

What are ratings?
Spoiler:
The forums allow you to rate threads between 1 star (terrible) and 5 stars (excellent). Once enough votes are cast for a thread, stars will appear next to its name in the listings. These show the average vote, and can be an easy way to see which threads are worth reading if you are on a busy forum.

On the forum viewing page you can also arrange threads by rating, with either the highest or lowest at the top.

It therefore makes sense to rate threads because it helps all users. To do this, click on the "rate thread" link at the top of the thread viewing page.

Choose the number of stars you feel best represents the quality of the thread. You may or may not be able to change your choice of rating at a later date.

What are tags?
Spoiler:
Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This complements the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

To use tags, you add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content. For instance, if the subject matter is "photography" then you can add the tag "photography" to the tag list. But you could also add tags like "digital image", and "camera" (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread).

This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word "photography" in them.

Who adds the tags?
Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. Other users may also be able to add and remove tags.

How do I use tags?
Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word "Tags" in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a "tag cloud."

This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.

My Computer is going slow, how can I clear the cookies?
Spoiler:
You can clear all your cookies set by the forum by clicking the "logout" link at the top of the page. In some cases, if you return to the main index page via the link provided and you are still logged in, you may have to remove your cookies manually.

In Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP: Click the "Tools" menu. Select "Internet Options" from the menu that appears. Click "Delete Cookies" on the dialog box that appears. It will be in the center area of the "General" tab.

In Internet Explorer 7: Click the "Tools" menu. Select "Internet Options" from the menu that appears. Click "Delete...", beneath "Browsing History" on the dialog box that appears. It will be in the center area of the "General" tab. Click "Delete cookies..." on the next dialog box that appears.

In Internet Explorer 8:Click "Safety" on the Command bar
Select "Delete Browsing History"
Select the option for cookies and click Delete
Alternatively, Internet Explorer 8's new InPrivate browsing feature allows users to browse the internet without recording information from visited sites (including cookies). To use InPrivate mode:

Click "Safety" on the Command bar
Select "InPrivate Browsing"

In Internet Explorer 9: Open Internet explorer window
Click the “Tools” button
Point to “safety” and then click “delete browsing history”
Tick the “cookies” box, then click “delete”

In Firefox: Click the "Tools" menu. Select "Options" from the menu that appears. From the dialog box, select "Privacy" on the left. Find "Cookies" on the main pane, and click the "Clear" button adjacent to it.

In Safari: Go to Preferences, Security, then show Cookies and either select "Remove all" or select individual cookies and then the "Delete" button.

In Opera: Go to Tools, Preferences, Advanced, Cookies, Manage cookies
then select the name of this site and click the "Delete" button.
Your cookies should now be removed. You may want to restart the computer and revisit the forums to be sure.
Other browsers may have a different method of clearing cookies. Refer to the documentation for your own browser if you are unsure.

In Google Chrome: Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
Click the "Under the Bonnet" tab, locate the "Privacy" section and click the "Clear browsing data" button.
Select "Delete cookies and other site data" to delete all cookies from the list (alternatively, you can remove all cookies created within a specific time period by selecting the period you want from the dropdown list).
Select "Clear browsing history" to delete traces of which websites you've visited.
Select "Clear download history" to delete records of which files and programs you've downloaded.
Select "Empty the cache" to delete cached website pages.
You can also delete saved passwords (which log you into websites) and saved form data (such as your name and address).
Then click on the "Clear browsing data" button.
Click on the Close button when you've finished.

Oh crap, I forgot my password!!!
Spoiler:
If you forget your password, you can click on the "Forgotten Your Password" link. This will appear on any page that requires you to fill in your password.

This link brings up a page where you should enter your registered email address. An email will be sent to that address shortly, with instructions for resetting your password.

Since passwords are encrypted, there is no way to resend your original password. This option provides you with the ability to reset your password.

You must be able to receive emails to your registered email address for this to work. You may need to check your spam filters and folder if you do not see this email in a few minutes.

Adding to the forum calendar and other events.
Spoiler:
You will see a Calendar link near the top of the forums (if this option is enabled by the administrator). By default, the forums will have one Calendar that can be viewed and used by all members.

Members can add upcoming events that might interest the community. You can also sign up to get email alerts about upcoming events.
In addition, the administrator could create additional private calendars for individual members or for specific user groups.

How do I add an event to the Calendar?
If you have the appropriate permissions, there will be a box on the Calendar labelled "Add New Event". The administrator may have enabled registered members to post public events, but usually this is not the case. It is more likely that you can only post your own private events that can only be seen by you.

There are three types of event that can be added to a calendar:
  • Single, All Day Event - an event that takes place for the whole of a day.
  • Ranged Event - events that have a defined start time and end time, not necessarily both on the same day.
  • Recurring Event - repeat over a set period of time based on certain criteria. Examples would be an event that occurs on the first Monday of every month and an event that occurs every Monday and Wednesday.
Just choose the appropriate option for the event you are adding, fill in the required information, then save the event. It will now appear on the Calendar.

Where do birthdays show?
Birthdays may be shown on the calendar if the administrator has enabled this feature. Your birthday will automatically be shown on the calendar if you have entered the date of your birthday in your profile. Note: if you do not enter the year of your birth when you edit your profile, your age will not be shown on the calendar.

If you enter your birthday, your name will also appear below the Main Forum Page when it is your birthday.

OR

Click the "Birthday Cake" Icon=

What is the member list for?
Spoiler:
The members list shows the registered members of the board. Providing the administrator allows this, you can view the member list ordered alphabetically by username, by the date they joined, by the Number of Posts they have made or by Reputation

To view the members list, click on Member List on main navigation bar at the top of the page.

To quickly find a particular member, click on the
Search Members
link and type a username (or partial username) into the box. For further search options - including searching based on join date, post count or home page - click on "Advanced Search" on the search menu.

Are all members listed?
Some members may not be on the list. The administrator has options over who is shown on the list. They may, for example, omit members who have not made many posts or who belong to certain user groups.

Where are these new notifications I see?
Spoiler:
When you have logged into the board, a link to "Your Notifications" may be displayed in the "Welcome" box near the top of the forum. "Your Notifications" will show if you have any one of the following:
  • Unread Private Messages
  • Unread Profile Visitor Messages
  • Profile Visitor Messages Awaiting Approval
  • Incoming Friend Requests
  • Requests to Join Your Social Groups
  • Invitations to Join Social Groups
  • Unread Picture Comments (not a function)
  • Picture Comments Awaiting Approval (not a function)
By clicking on the "Your Notifications" link, you will be able to quickly see how many of each type you have received. Clicking on any of the links in the menu will take you to the relevant page within the User Control Panel or elsewhere in the system.

If there are no notifications, then this link will be replaced by a link to "Private Messages".

What are Quick Links?
Spoiler:
The navigation bar at the top of each page has several helpful links. One of them is a dropdown menu called Quick Links. (It appears only to registered members who are logged in). Clicking it once with the mouse will make it drop down and show the following options:
  • Quick Links
    • Todays Posts (shows posts created in the past 24 hours)
    • Mark Forums Read (marks all the threads and posts as read for your session - this is a shortcut alternative to actually reading the threads and posts)
    • Open Contacts Popup (opens a new window with a list of all your contacts)
  • Networking
    • Contacts and Friends (a page from where you can manage your contacts and friends)
    • Social Groups (where you can manage your social groups)
    • Pictures and Albums (where you can manage your pictures and albums)
  • User Control Panel (clicking this takes you to your personal user control panel)
    • Edit Signature (edit your personal signature that appears below posts)
    • Edit Your Details (edit your personal profile details)
    • Edit Options (manage your community settings)
  • Miscellaneous
    • Private Messages (manage your private messages, read your inbox, create new messages, etc)
    • Subscribed Threads (get an overview of your free subscriptions and options to manage them)
    • Your Profile (loads your social profile)