Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Schnarf
Childish Gambino Lover

Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.Schnarf just might be Kage someday.
Default Naruto Uzumaki Fan Club

Spoiler:

Disclaimer of Picture: Origin-Vizanime.com

Spoiler:

Naruto Uzumaki (うずまきナルト, Uzumaki Naruto) is the title character and main protagonist of the series: Naruto. He is a genin from Konohagakure, a member of Team Kakashi, and the third and current jinchūriki of Kurama, The Nine-Tailed Fox.

Birthday: October !0th

Height: 166 cm
Weight: 50.9 kg

Blood Type:
B
Tailed Beast: Kurama
Classification: Jinchuriki, Sage
Affiliation: Konohagakure, Mount Myoboku
Team: Team 7, Sasuke Retrieval Team, Eight Man Squad
Clan: Uzumaki
Ninja Registration: 012607
Academy Graduation Age: 12
Family: Minato Namikaze (father), Kushina Uzumaki (mother), Jiraiya (godfather)

Nature Type:
Wind

Jutsu: All Directions Shuriken
Big Ball Rasengan
Big Ball Spiralling Serial Zone Spheres
Clone Body Blow
Clone Spinning Heel Drop (Anime only)
Combination Transformation
Fire Release: Toad Oil Flame Bullet (Anime only)
Frog Kata
Frog Strike
Harem Technique
Mini-Rasenshuriken
Multiple Shadow Clone Technique
Negative Emotions Sensing
New Sexy Technique
One Thousand Years of Death
Pachinko Technique (Anime only)
Planetary Rasengan
Rasengan
Sage Art: Big Ball Rasengan
Sage Art: Many Ultra-Big Ball Spiralling Serial Spheres
Sage Art: Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan
Sage Mode
Sage Technique: Spiralling Serial Spheres
Sexy Technique
Shadow Clone Technique
Shadow Shuriken Technique
Spiralling Absorption Sphere
Spiralling Strife Spheres
Summoning Technique (Toads)
Summoning: Food Cart Destroyer Technique
Tailed Beast Ball
Tailed Beast Chakra Arms
Tailed Beast Rasengan
Tailed Beast Sonic Roar
Tailed Beast Sonic Roar
Torii Seal
Twin Rasengan
Typhoon Water Vortex Technique
Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan
Ultra-Many Spiralling Serial Spheres
Uzumaki Formation (Anime only)
Uzumaki Naruto Combo
Uzumaki Naruto Two Thousand Combo
Wind Release: Rasengan
Wind Release: Rasenshuriken
Wind Release: Toad Gun (Anime only)
Wind Release: Toad Oil Bullet (Anime only)
Wind Release: Toad Oil Flame Bullet (Anime only)

Tools: Fūma Shuriken
Hidden Kunai Mechanism
Scalpel (Anime only)
Scroll of Seals
Shadow Clone Summoning Scroll

Background: Naruto was born as the son of the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze, and Kurama's second jinchūriki, Kushina Uzumaki. Naruto's parents named him after the main character of Jiraiya's first book, thus making the Sannin his godfather.

Prior to Naruto's birth, his parents and the Third Hokage knew that the seal that kept Kurama within Kushina would be in danger of breaking during childbirth. To prevent that threat Kushina was taken a short distance outside of the village to give birth in a secure, secret location with Biwako Sarutobi and Taji as her midwives, a few ANBU as security, and Minato to keep the seal in place. However, immediately after Kushina gave birth, Tobi appeared and took Naruto hostage, demanding that Minato step away from Kushina or he would kill the newborn child. He then used a clever diversion that forced Minato to transport the baby to a safer location, allowing him to escape with Kushina. By the time Minato could intervene, Tobi had already succeeded in releasing Kurama.

Fortunately, Kushina (who survived the extraction thanks to her strong vitality) was saved by Minato and brought to Naruto, leaving the weakened mother to care for the sleeping Naruto while Minato went to combat Tobi. To save the village, Minato sacrificed his life to seal Kurama within Naruto, believing that his son would someday have need of the beast's power to defeat Tobi. Suddenly orphaned, Naruto was left to grow up knowing nothing of his parents, receiving only his mother's last name because the Third Hokage thought that it was best that nobody knew that he was related to the Fourth Hokage.

Before Minato died, he asked that the villagers of Konoha view Naruto as a hero who had helped defeat Kurama. However, only a few of the villagers honoured his request, while most instead resented him for containing the fox that had destroyed their home. In light of this, the Third Hokage decreed that nobody should ever speak of the truth about Naruto, hoping that by doing this, their children would not resent him as they did. The children, however, followed their parents' lead, despite not knowing why. Apart from the Third Hokage, Iruka Umino was the only one who acted as a surrogate family to the young Naruto along with the owner of Ramen Ichiraku: Teuchi and his daughter Ayame to some extent.

When Naruto first met Sasuke Uchiha in the Academy, they were matched to spar against each other. Naruto was excited at the opportunity to defeat Sasuke and become so popular like him, however he was easily beaten. By looking at Sasuke's eyes, Naruto realised that they were filled with hatred. When Iruka told them to make the reconciliation seal, they both refused. Then, Naruto became determined to beat Sasuke, making him his rival. When Naruto found out that Sasuke was also an orphan, he was secretly happy for not being the only one alone and wanted to talk to him, but couldn't because of his jealousy. Still, Naruto wished that, someday, Sasuke would acknowledge him as an equal.

Personality: Naruto is exuberant, brash, inattentive, and heedless to formality or social standings. He inherited his catch-phrase "Dattebayo!" (だってばよ!) from his mother, who would say "(da)ttebane" ((だ)ってばね) when excited or frustrated. Naruto has a number of childish traits, like keeping his money in a chubby, green-frog wallet he affectionately calls "Gama-chan", being a very picky eater (he almost exclusively eats ramen and a frequent customer at the Ramen Ichiraku), and being afraid of ghosts. He is also somewhat perverted, something he tends to be reprimanded for by Sakura Haruno and Iruka, but has only become even more so after meeting his mentor Jiraiya, causing many to say that Jiraiya raised a perfect replica of himself. However, whenever someone dear to him is in trouble or the situation calls for it, Naruto can be very serious, and will instantly try to come to their aid.

According to Kakashi, Naruto learns through his body, as he is relatively naive, simple, and being slow to understand a principle or situation, which often requires an oversimplified analogy in order to grasp what is being explained to him. Overall, Naruto responds best to competition and has a great self-confidence, loudly proclaiming that he will master whatever technique he is learning within a fraction of the usual time, and he doesn't hesitate to ask for help if he needs it.

Creation and Concept:
When creating Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto incorporated into the character a number of traits he felt made an ideal hero: a straightforward way of thinking, a mischievous side, and many of the attributes possessed by Son Gokū from the Dragon Ball franchise. He also made sure to keep Naruto "simple and stupid," since he does not like smart characters. Naruto himself is not modelled after anyone in particular, being conceived as childlike, with something of a dark side as a result of his harsh past. Despite this, he is always positive, making him unique in Kishimoto's eyes. Naruto's wardrobe is based on clothing Kishimoto wore when he was younger; according to Kishimoto, using a pre-existing design would not have made Naruto unique, whereas something original would have made him stand out too much. The orange colouring of his costume is used to make Naruto "pop", with blues often being used to complement the orange. Because Naruto is associated with spirals, swirl patterns are incorporated into his costume. Initial illustrations of Naruto had him wearing boots, but Kishimoto substituted these for sandals, because he likes drawing toes. The goggles that Naruto used to wear were also replaced with a forehead protector, because the goggles themselves were too time-consuming to draw. Kishimoto said that he felt glad that his character had blond hair and blue eyes. The editor of Shonen Jump in the United States added that Kishimoto implied that the traits may have led the character to appeal to a Western audience. Kishimoto said that he most identifies with Naruto out of all of the Naruto characters.

In the Japanese versions of Naruto, Naruto often ends his sentences with the addendum "-ttebayo" (which gives a similar effect to ending a sentence with "you know?"). Kishimoto wanted to give Naruto a childlike catchphrase, and "dattebayo" came to mind. It complemented Naruto's character, and served as a verbal tic that showed him to be something of a brat. Throughout the beginning of the English anime, the dub replaced "dattebayo" and "-ttebayo" with the phrase "believe it!" to mirror the effect, as well as to match the character's lip movements.

Trivia:

-Naruto's mother was nicknamed the "Red Hot-Blooded Habanero" while his father was famed as the "Yellow Flash". Naruto's appropriate self-styled title of "Konoha's Orange Hokage" refers to the fact that the colour orange is a mixture of red and yellow.
-Naruto's hobbies are pulling pranks and watering plants.
-Naruto wishes to fight Sasuke Uchiha, the Third Hokage[1], and members of Akatsuki.
-Naruto's favourite foods are Ichiraku ramen and red bean soup. His least favourite are fresh vegetables.
-Naruto has completed 16 official missions in total: 7 D-rank, 1 C-rank, 2 B-rank, 6 A-rank, 0 S-rank.
-Naruto's favourite phrase is "a large serving of miso ramen with roasted pork fillet" (味噌チャーシュー大盛り, miso chāshū ōmori).

Quotes:

(To Kakashi) "And my future dream is to be the greatest Hokage! Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me and start treating me like I'm somebody. Somebody important!"
(To Ibiki) "Don't underestimate me! I don't quit and I don't run! You can act tough all you want! You're not gonna scare me off! No way! I don't care if I DO get stuck as a genin for the rest of my life! I'll still be Hokage someday!"
(To Neji) "I'm not gonna run away, I never go back on my word! That's my nindō: my ninja way!"
(To Gaara) "It's almost unbearable, isn't it... the pain of being all alone. I know that feeling, I've been there, in that dark and lonely place, but now there are others, other people who mean a lot to me. I care more about them than I do myself, and I won't let anyone hurt them. That's why I'll never give up, I will stop you, even if I have to kill you! They saved me from myself, they rescued me from my loneliness, they were the first to accept me as who I am. They're my friends."
(To Jiraiya) "If being smart means what you say it does, I rather be a fool my entire life!"
(To Sai) "I don't care who I have to fight… If he rips my arms off, I'll kick him to death. If he rips my legs off, I'll bite him to death. If he rips my head off, I'll stare him to death. And if he gouges my eyes, I'll curse him to death… Even if I'm torn to shreds… I will take Sasuke back!"
(To Pain) "You should give up… on me giving up!"
(To Nagato, reciting a line from Jiraiya's first book) "Then I will break that curse. If there's such thing as peace, I will find it. I won't give up!"
(To Sasuke) "If you attack Konoha, I will have to fight you… So save up your hatred and take it all on me, I'm the only one who can take it! It's the only thing I can do! I will shoulder your hatred and die with you! Because I'm your friend!"
(To Kushina) "Don't apologise… I had a lot of hard times growing up as a jinchūriki, but I never blamed you or Dad. I couldn't understand what a parent's love was like because you guys were never there… so I could only guess… But now I know… I live because you and Dad gave your lives for me and filled me up with love before the Nine-Tails was inside me! So here I am, happy and healthy! I'm glad I ended up being your son!"
"I am Naruto Uzumaki, ninja of Konoha. My dream is to become Hokage! One to surpass all the previous Hokage. To become a bigger badass than my father! To become stronger shinobi than my mother!"
(To Iruka) "I'll end this war myself! I'll endure all the hate and pain on my own! That's my role!"
(To A) "Yes, he might have died… but together, he and my mum protected Konoha from the Nine-Tails! They protected me! It may have only been for a second, but in that second, they gave me so much… their faith! Faith that I could finish their jobs! Faith that I could fulfill the role of a "saviour!"
(To Tobi) "You can call yourself no one, you can start a war, but even in this world you think of as "nothingness", no one's falling for your stupid lies! You can change your mask, you can take on as many names as you want, but you're still you, and you're just one guy! I've had enough. I'm gonna tear that mask right off your face!"
(To Kurama) "You aren't a monster fox anymore. You're one of my team-mates from Konoha… Kurama."

Spoiler:

1.Leader: Schnarf
2.cyl.
3.TNA Kitten
4.Mangagirl.
5.Narutoultra
6.Sakuracha
7.Obito
8.Akatsukirocks!
9.Kakashi's Girl
10.Nagatorules
11.Gaara's girl
12.CutieSakura
13.HokageSoulReaper
14.ninja05
15.Bacon_army17
16.Ragato
17.Blind Uchiha
18.Konan9
19.takuya
20.Windking
21.Akasun_Yashamaru
22.Shadowkyuubi!
23.MasterOfPain
24.Amber Emerald Khan?
25.Chibi shika fangirl
26.TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist
27.Leaf/Mist Shinobi250
28.Shantanu
29.Major_redd
30.TIR
31.FireGirl
32.NarutoShane
33.Flamie_chan
34.Suki
35.Shikimaru Nara
36.NarutoxSakura4ever
37.SakuraGirl
38.NarutoSan
39.Hinata Hyuga's BestFriend
40.narutolover13
41.Ockinga
42.uzumakisgirl
43.Titankahn
44.Leaf777
45.~Hinata Uzumaki~
46.Master Kage Mode.
47,Shikamaru9.
48.Ino<3.
49.Paradox Within.
50.Tobi-Uchiha
51..darkjam.
52.Ren Kurosaki_^-^.
53.Reikai Hezamu.
54.Inofanboy.
55.Ricky Uzumaki001.
56.Rei Aoi.
57.AphroditeUchiha.
58.Hyou Ookami.
59.Legendary Yellow Flash.
60.Muffintop.
61. bacon_army17.
62.Kisamesgirl.
63.Shinobi killer
64.Yellow Flash.
65.kakashi-son of white fang.
66.Naruto117.
67.katsu uchiha.
68.Devil's Lawyer.
69.firegirl.
70.Gouldy17.
71.Wind Style Naruto.
72.Alix.
73.TheTrueMasterofIllusions.
74.Parak111.
75.daisuke_sage.
76.Heroescomeback99.
77.SakuraRen.
78.alborjoven.
79.Aizen Sosuke.
80.Nicks016.
81.travisjb90.
82.TobiFanGirl.
83.Kakashi's Girl .
84.Kisame.
85.ninetailednaruto23.
86.Suko.
87.AkamaruTagTeam.
88.Jennafer Sweet.
89.seannfma.
90.narutofan9999.(90th member.)
91.Viceroy.
92.BestUserNameEver.
93.MoonLover.
94.Anime Man.
95.Xanaboy1,
96.wizmo.
97.jhokage613.
98.perplexing anime.
99.OminoUzumaki.
100.Elite Seal(100th member).
101.whatever.
102.Mizukage.
103. naruto x sakura 4everr16
104. king kakashi
105. rainbowrazor
106. Troll Master
107. scrbblechan
108. Kakuzu
109. Blade Kitten
110. Januri
111. Storm50
112. whatever
113. Shoukry
114. Crimson
115. Tifa Legacy
116. narulvr
117. hinata_brii
118. gara my love
119. Ninjasummer
120. NarutGaar. <3
121. Kyūbi no Yōko
122. Rasengan SageX5
123. hnl
124. Hinatalove
125. uchiha - itachi
126. rinneganforce
127. Aivis
128. Stormy
129. Ren Kurosaki
130. Naruto Namikazi
131. Foxxykat
132. i want to be a ninja
133. Tifa Legacy
134. TheCryingGod
135. TheBraveShinobi
136. msater kage mode
137. travismega
138. e710
139. Warrior3
140. Utsusemi
141. KibaAndAkamaru
142. ASilva
143. UnicornGirl
144. Mrs.Naruto Uzumaki101
145. sharinganSOSP16
146. Star
147. TobiUchiha111
148. BelieveIt
149. joon61
150. kyuubi12
151. Naruto<3
152. PrinceofPeace
153. Haku Uchiha
154. Hinata126
155. Stormy
156. Amaterasu Hime
157. Naruto321
158. gaara lover 24
159. Ariana Dean
160. Ultimate combatant
161. narutogirl13
162. Rikudo-Sennin Kage
163. Kakashi2806
164. Hotcoffee
165. Kyuubi9
166. Akatsuki Sasori
167. TheBeastMode
168. HeartHurtsFromHisDeath~
169. Hiddenleaf
170. larryjc
171. woronin

Last edited by Schnarf; 04-12-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: adding new members
Schnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
ninetailednaruto23
Genin

ninetailednaruto23 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default a naruto fanclub =) (naruto only)

naruto rules!!! his jutsus dominate even though he barley has like wat 3 2 jutsus he always uses, his is awsome

belive it!!

/_!_\

Last edited by Konoha'sGreenThunder; 07-01-2009 at 09:40 AM.
ninetailednaruto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to Kisame
Default Re: a naruto fanclub =) (naruto only)

I'll join.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
ninetailednaruto23
Genin

awsome welcome to the club!

/_!_\
Old 04-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Shouldn't you make a list of members to keep track of who joined?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Suko
Genin Elite

Suko is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

ME TWO!!!!
Suko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
ninetailednaruto23
Genin

okay list of members

ilovegarra
narutofan9999
kisame
me

total: 4

/_!_\
Old 04-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #8
Suko
Genin Elite

Naruto would be completely unstoppable if he were able to use rasengan in Sage Mode!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutofan9999
Naruto would be completely unstoppable if he were able to use rasengan in Sage Mode!
He is able to do that.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
Suko
Genin Elite

HE ALREADY MASTERED SAGE MODE!!! THAT'S NOT EVEN IN THE ENGLISH MANGA YET!!!!! UNLIKE THE PEOPLE WHO SOMEHOW ARE ABLE TO GET THE MANGA FROM JAPAN I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL JUNE. Sorry, my caps lock was stuck.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #11
AkamaruTagTeam
Freshmen Academy Student

AkamaruTagTeam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

SIGN ME UP!!!!
AkamaruTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
Jennafer Sweet
Chunin

Jennafer Sweet is an S-class criminal deviant, top of the most wanted list.Jennafer Sweet is an S-class criminal deviant, top of the most wanted list.

naruto all the way can i join.
Brother-Zeek Uchiha, Hawk

love me today,hate me tomarrow---me

(=)_(=)
( ! ! )
(=)-(=)
Jennafer Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
Suko
Genin Elite

Well, it's up to ninetailednaruto23 if you guys can join. But, I'm pretty sure he will put you two on the list of members.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
Jessenaruto
Ninja Academy Student

Jessenaruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A NARUTO FAN CLUB!!!

AND are you living in ottawa??
Jessenaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma
Default Re: DO YOU WANT TO JOIN A NARUTO FAN CLUB!!!

sure but i dont live there

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
seannfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
Jessenaruto
Ninja Academy Student

Jessenaruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

darn
Jessenaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #17
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viceroy
I will join this club. And when it starts picking more members are you going to do FC questions?
ya that would be a good idea

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
seannfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #18
Viceroy
Chunin Exam Participant

Viceroy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I will join this club. And when it starts picking more members are you going to do FC questions?
Brown chicken brown cow.
Cousins: dancool55, Itachi-Sama, deidara330
Little Sister: NARUTARD93, 2hyper4u
Brother: Naruto50, chidori sensei, Cade
Granddaughter: animelover
Rogue Ninja
Shinobi: The Saga
JOIN THE FORUM DINER CLUB
Dinner, Discussion, and Beer
Viceroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
BestUserNameEver
Freshmen Academy Student

BestUserNameEver is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

A Naruto fanclub as in Naruto the character? If yes, I'll join.
BestUserNameEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

I'll join, the other one's pretty dead.