Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

View Poll Results: Have you used these words in your daily life yet?
Of course I have. Believe it! 64 61.54%
Not quite yet. 40 38.46%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
X__Sasuke__X
Special Jonin Candidate

X__Sasuke__X saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Learn you some English!

This helps me because I write Naruto fanfiction stories and I try to learn a few new words a day thanks!
~*~
The city looks so pretty do you wanna burn it with me till the skies bleed ashes, and the f*cking sky crashes!!

I pledge alligance to the mask. To carry wiskey in my flask. And anyone to diss H U. I'll leave a bloody mess of you. For we are family you and I. 3 Tears for you we all shall cry. All day and night our flags will fly. The Undead Army till the day we die.

...From the sky lines on top of the world

X__Sasuke__X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

This thread is awesome.

I am learning me some English. lolz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #43
PaynneAkatsukiRocker
Academy Graduate

PaynneAkatsukiRocker is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Haha. I love it! I feel so enlightened... I'm gonna start saying these words all the time! ...And people will be wondering what on earth I'm talking about... not that that's new or anything
PaynneAkatsukiRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #44
Bellicose Wolf
Academy Graduate

Bellicose Wolf is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Welcome once again fellow Ninja adept, would-be informantss of Orochimaru, and seasoned Shinobi! Tonight is no better night then to bring about these two atramentous words that only fit the occasion due to the time of which I am teaching them.

Make no mistake, these two words won't fail to deliver on dinner arrangements and certainly can befit poetry! The two words for today are nocturnal and autonomous.

Nocturnal-(adj.)of or pertaining to the night 2 done, occurring, or coming at night: nocturnal visit. 3.Active at night: nocturnal animals. 4.Opening by night and closing by day.
Ex:For the ANBU members of Konohagakure nocturnal missions often present the safest opportunity to carry out their missions from the cover of night.

Autonomous-(adj.) Government.self-governing; independent; subject to its own laws only.b.pertaining to an autonomy. 2. having autonomy; not subject to control from outside; independent: a subsidiary that functioned as an autonomous unit. 3.Biology. a.existing and functioning as an independent organism. b.spontaneous.
Ex:Of the many newer generation Shinobi of Konohagakure, Lee is hardly autonomous, his strong attachment to his Sensei and his strict devotion to his village usually gets in the way of his personal progression. On the reciprocal, Madara is a perfect example of an autonomous person, he takes orders from no one, he is seen as the puppet master of the Akatsuki, and ruthlessly pursues his own agenda.

There you have it folks! Two fine words that will surely halt any opposing simpleton in conversation! Go fourth, and conquer all who would challenge your verbal virtuosity! Till next time class.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #45
xiaoyu000
Academy Graduate

xiaoyu000 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

*sits in a seat prudently and scribbles down words*
Sensei~ xP
I am my own person. I am who I wish to be. I will not yield to the ideology and abasement of others in life. Let turmoil and multifarious views of distinct and dissimilar minds not leave a vestige upon my heart or thwart me in life's love and endeavors. Slander my name, but not slander my will. Succumb to all; I will not. I am my own person. I am me.
王紫铃
xiaoyu000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #46
PaynneAkatsukiRocker
Academy Graduate

PaynneAkatsukiRocker is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

These words are getting me points on my english work LOL! Although I have to look up some of the words in your explanations and your greetings. Who knew salutations meant hi? My friend told me that Pneumonoultramicroscopicsylliocovolcanoconiosis was the biggest word in the english language what does it mean?

Last edited by PaynneAkatsukiRocker; 01-27-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #47
Bellicose Wolf
Academy Graduate

If I remember correctly it's a disease from too much volcanic ash in your lungs. I remember we learned that word back when I was in high-school.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:51 PM   #48
eagleye54321
Special Jonin Candidate

eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Great words Bellicose Wolf! I have indeed used those two words before!

There is one word of yours I would like to define:

Reciprocal - counterpart.
Example: In mathematics, the reciprocal of the number 6 is 1/6.

I want to explain that word the best way I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaynneAkatsukiRocker View Post
My friend told me that Pneumonoultramicroscopicsylliocovolcanoconiosis was the biggest word in the english language what does it mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellicose Wolf View Post
If I remember correctly it's a disease from too much volcanic ash in your lungs. I remember we learned that word back when I was in high-school.
Pneumono - a popular prefix used in the front of illnesses;
Example: Pneumonia is an inflamation of the lungs with congestion .

ultra - going beyond what is usual or ordinary; excessive; extreme;
Example: Ultraviolet rays are extreme sun rays which can cause sunburn.

microscopic - something that cannot be seen by the human eye;
Example: Microscopes allow humans to see bacteria that cannot be seen normally.

volcano - a vent in the earth's crust through which lava, steam, ashes;
Example: Hawaii is a popular set of islands with many volcanoes.

osis - a suffix occurring in nouns that denote actions, conditions; especially disorders or abnormal conditions.
Example: Tuberculosis is a contagious disease that can cause death.

The letters left in gray in the name of the disease are the ones I could not translate.

Does this help?

I got 2nd Place in

Forum Family
Spoiler:
Little Sister - Luna Mikazuki!
Bros - SageoftheSixPaths, Zetsu!
Niece - Muffintop!
Quote:
You are the greatest human being/ short line of text of all time.
I couldn't believe in what Jiraiya believed in. Or in the man himself. But...you chose a different path. In you I can see a better future... I will believe in you...Uzumaki Naruto.
- Nagato

Last edited by eagleye54321; 01-27-2010 at 04:55 PM.
eagleye54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #49
Bellicose Wolf
Academy Graduate

Greetings and Salutations fellow Shinobi! I unfortunately will not be holding class today on the date of 01-27-2010 as it has and will be a busy day and I eagerly await to listen to America's 'State of the Union' address. But you have my personal assurance things will return back to normal tomorrow.

I also wanted to thank Eagleye54321 for his analysis and contribution to this thread on his previous post, and to all who comment and continue to support this thread. Together class we can enlighten the fellow users of this fine forum!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #50
ninjamom
Genin

ninjamom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Welcome back, Bellicose Wolf!!

"A person should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul." Goethe
ninjamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #51
PaynneAkatsukiRocker
Academy Graduate

Thanks Eagle and Wolf! (you don't mind if I call you that do you?) And welcome back!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #52
Bellicose Wolf
Academy Graduate

Greetings and salutations once again Ninja adepts, would-be informants of Orochimaru, and seasoned Shinobi! Once again I bring you a couple of words that will surely be of colossal importance when being consulted by village Medical-Nin!

The two words for today are salubrious and inimical. Make no mistake, they may sound a bit silly, but orate these words to anyone questioning your well-being and you will surely be placed in a higher esteem then previously!

Salubrious(adj.)Favorable to or promoting health; healthful.

Example:
The Shinobi from Sunagakure (village hidden in the sand) are taught from a very young age that when traveling through the harsh desert drinking salubrious water is of the highest importance. For if you ingest unclean insalubrious water you could get sick.

Inimical(adj.)1.Adverse in tendency or effect; unfavorable; harmful: a climate inimical to health.2.Unfriendly; hostile: a cold, inimical gaze.

Example:
Repeated usuage of the Mangekyo Sharingan has been proven to be inimical to the quality of your sight, eventually leading to total blindness.

There you have it! Two fine words to sling around at a multitude of social junctures! Now go fourth! Eliminate any opposition who would challenge your verbal virtuosity! Till' next time class!
(P.S. Colors are fun! Thanks for the idea Eagleye54321)
Old 01-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #53
Ryuuko
Bishyhoar

Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Ryuuko strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

I just learned something new today. =]

Ryuuko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #54
sasruto
Veteran Chunin

sasruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I just started this!

Sir, will you please facilitate me in my most horrific grammar? I'm not excellent on building such spendid words.
sasruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #55
kekki genki
Chunin

kekki genki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

finally someone is sick of slang
kekki genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #56
sasruto
Veteran Chunin

sasruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I aquire serious help in creating these astonishing words. I simply couldn't put these magnificent words in a sentence.
sasruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #57
otacon
Banned

otacon is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

fancy words are meaningless without a solid thesis. the same aplies to life
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #58
yondaime
Jonin

yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Nice! This WILL help a lot of the Forum members including me. First time I seen this though. Rep up!
yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #59
PaynneAkatsukiRocker
Academy Graduate

Your the best sensei!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #60
Bellicose Wolf
Academy Graduate

Greetings and Salutations once again class! I wanted to hop on real quick to inform you that there will be no class this weekend as I am at my relatives house visiting. Class will resume tomorrow February 1st. Till' then class enjoy the short vacation!