Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Sabra Kusabana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sabra Kusabana
Default Guns and Public Rallies.

There have been incidents were people are carrying weapons (Specifically Guns.) with them to politcal rallies and protests (None harmful thus far.). What I want to know is what you guys think about that.

I'm bringing this up because of the recent rally in Phoenix, Arizona.

Is it an expression of the 2nd amendment and the right to bare arms, or is it a really big mess waiting for a place to happen?

I wish I had better links... But my computer hates most websites... Still here's examples.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_...W5jYXJyeWluZ2E-

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_256614.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-u..._b_256794.html

http://livetrade.com/?p=161644

Last edited by Sabra Kusabana; 08-17-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Sabra Kusabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
ihazcetsup
Apprentice Genin

ihazcetsup is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Guns and Public Rallies.

Hard to say, in a public rally the public speaker is the most likely to be the target of gunshots and so they may want to limit that sort of thing. On the other hand, whether or not guns are allowed isn't going to matter to someone planning to murder someone else. I really don't see what difference it is likely to make other than the random idiots will go "GASP!! a GUN!!!" and then fall over in a dramatic faint.
ihazcetsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

never been really to a rally (hate crowds! LOL) but if i go to one and see some guns probably i'll go away from that rally. guns in rallies equals riots and killings i think.
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

CrimsonCatClan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think that if they have a license to carry concieled weapons then they should be allowed to keep their weapons. Security should just log names and what type. If a meeting spot has anti weaponry rules then they should respect the establishment. They need to have proof of ownership with them and their license.
CrimsonCatClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

The right to bear arms is something we need. Our gov't isn't perfect, and those in control of it, certainly aren't. Yes what I'm getting at is our right to rebel, and start a revolution.

You may say, "Gee Gama that is really radical thinking, isn't it?". Maybe to most of us in modern times. To that I say, so what? Our forfathers included that in the constitution for a reason. And it just so happened that reason was caused by the restrictive regime of an Imperial Britain.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
CrimsonCatClan
Apprentice Genin

CrimsonCatClan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Gee Gama that is really radical thinking, isn't it? I mean revolutions built this country, true, but they were made illegal as well.
CrimsonCatClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCatClan View Post
Gee Gama that is really radical thinking, isn't it? I mean revolutions built this country, true, but they were made illegal as well.
And if your country is corrupt enough to need a revolution, why should you listen to it? In soviet russia, alot of things were illegal, that doesn't mean I would just become a slave to my gov't.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
i_love_kakashi
Special Jonin Candidate

i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.i_love_kakashi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCatClan View Post
I think that if they have a license to carry concieled weapons then they should be allowed to keep their weapons. Security should just log names and what type. If a meeting spot has anti weaponry rules then they should respect the establishment. They need to have proof of ownership with them and their license.
I agree with you that people should have a license and owenership

I go hunting so I dont want guns gone, but i had to go to a thing called hunters safty course where you learn how to operate a gun apporitely and what to do with it, you also had to take a test.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #9
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

What I don't seem to understand is why carry a weapon to a political meeting and intend to use it? If you bring a gun to a political meeting, you know that using it or killing someone with it is extremely stupid, and can get you many years in jail. I think that there are already way too many death threats on political people as it is, no one should be carrying a gun to a political meeting.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #10
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Sabra Kusabana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sabra Kusabana

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
What I don't seem to understand is why carry a weapon to a political meeting and intend to use it? If you bring a gun to a political meeting, you know that using it or killing someone with it is extremely stupid, and can get you many years in jail. I think that there are already way too many death threats on political people as it is, no one should be carrying a gun to a political meeting.
This isn't considering intent, it's about if they have the right to 'carry' to such events in the first place.
Sabra Kusabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
thelastuchiha
Genin Elite

thelastuchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Okay this doesn't make any sense... Why carry a gun to a rally about health care??? I mean really i could see if it was rally about the second amendment then they would have an arguement, but its not its about something totally different. So I think its a disaster waiting to happen... And only God knows what people would do if this president got shot,but i wouldn't want to be around...

Last edited by thelastuchiha; 08-18-2009 at 09:37 PM.
thelastuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

If I saw a guy with walking around with an Automatic weapon trying to excersize his right to bear arms I would kick the crap out of him for being an ass. What the hell do you need a AK47 for? If you want a gun for protection buy a shotgun or a pistol.
As for the rallies, retarted idea. Especially if the president is there. Guns should be banned from all public protests.
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
If I saw a guy with walking around with an Automatic weapon trying to excersize his right to bear arms I would kick the crap out of him for being an ass. What the hell do you need a AK47 for? If you want a gun for protection buy a shotgun or a pistol.
As for the rallies, retarted idea. Especially if the president is there. Guns should be banned from all public protests.
Yes, I completely agree with you.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote