Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 AM   #1
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Love Doesnt Exist: Part II

For those of you who remember Part One, Im continuing it. For those of you who dont, here's a brief explanation:

A couple months ago, I played a huge prank on the forum. I made a topic explaining how I was so lonely, and unable to love, or feel any romantic emotion whatsoever, and wanted to talk about it and get advice. About 500 posts were in the topic talking to me about it.

Eventually I came out and laughed, and admitted that it was all a joke. I proceeded to tell them that I dont believe in love, and sparked one of the biggest debates this forum has ever seen.

And my mind still hasnt changed. LOVE DOES NOT EXIST. It is nothing but an addiction, like cigarettes, or biting your nails. Even a phase, like watching Naruto. Why do you think people get divorces so often? Because "Love" is really just a chemical imbalance causing increased emotional feeling. Sometimes, 2 people get the imbalance, and feel it for eachother. But it wears off.

I have met 1 happily married couple in my life, that have been together for 40 years. Yet, they never kiss, they never do anything together but watch TV, and they arent the least bit intimate. They became best friends, the husband told me himself.

Thats what keeps relationships going, even after the chemicals wear off. You become so used to being around this person that an attachment, or addiction, is present. They become your best friend because you have spent so much of your time with them, and they know so much about you. But thats it, that's all it is.

Ive dated alot of girls. Not saying I slept around with all of them, but Ive tried looking for "her". Ive had relationships raging from 2 hours to 12 months. And I cant find her. The 12 month relationship now that I look back, was in fact, an addiction. I was so used to her that I didnt feel right without her, but eventually I got over it.

And all you kids who claim to be in love at 13-14 years old, you're full of it. Once again, youre not developed enough to process these feelings. Its chemically impossible. You think every crush you have is love, and you wont survive without this person. Wait until you grow up and life truly gets serious. You'll see how wrong you were.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Love Doesnt Exist: Part II

Ouch, I can think of at least one girl this applies to especially xD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by <Aurega?>; 07-30-2009 at 03:55 AM.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
Ouch, I can think of one girl this applies to especially xD
Dude if you mean me.....*snaps neck*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

No V. He means someone from the chatbox....
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 AM   #5
<Aurega?>

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post
Dude if you mean me.....*snaps neck*
Lol, I wasn't even referring to you, and some people suddenly gets mad at me (YES, Ita-san, you too!). Maybe I hit a nerve? xD
Old 07-30-2009, 03:58 AM   #6
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well aurega, when 3 different girls in the chatbox talk about being in love with me, its no wonder Itasan jumped down your throat.....I need to run away.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:01 AM   #7
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hehe, healthy competition...>D

I'll win, you'll see! xDD

-is ultimate fangirl. >D-
itasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:02 AM   #8
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Oh sweet Jesus

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Well aurega, when 3 different girls in the chatbox talk about being in love with me, its no wonder Itasan jumped down your throat.....I need to run away.
2 girls AND 2 boys by last count... Of course, one of them is nick, so you might have mistaken him for a girl...

Not counting the countless ones who love you who arn't in the chat xD
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 AM   #10
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

TheViolletteHeart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I say--and always will say--that you're wrong! I have seen people who have been married for a long time, and they still kiss and stuff and tell each other that they love one another! And those people who get divorces probably weren't ever in love; it was some emotion they mistook for love. Besides, you are only thinking of the romantic side of the emotion!

What about the love between best friends and family members? I love my best friend like a sister. I want her to be happy and care for her.

And yeah, I've had a great deal of crushes, but I've also felt something...so much stronger. It hurt when Senpai went away. I won't deny it. But even though it's been months, and he probably wouldn't return my feelings anyway, I still miss him. At the same time, all I want is for him to be safe and happy, and hopefully he'll find someone who makes him feel wonderful.
TheViolletteHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:05 AM   #11
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

I guess I don't exist V?

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 AM   #12
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
I guess I don't exist V?
The wind is really strong today, don't you agree V and TBC?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 AM   #13
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
The wind is really strong today, don't you agree V and TBC?
This is the BS I put up with everyday

/Heil

Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 AM   #14
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

TheViolletteHeart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
I guess I don't exist V?
I love you, but in this case, Senpai was a better example.

Look, I know I have you now, but there is no denying what I feel for Senpai.
TheViolletteHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:09 AM   #15
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Awww, poor nick!! xDD

Always the forgotten one...

Hold one, I'm working on this one! i'll come up with something, just you wait. (despite the fact that I still haven't slept...Oo)
Old 07-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #16
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasan View Post
Awww, poor nick!! xDD

Hold one, I'm working on this one! i'll come up with something, just you wait. (despite the fact that I still haven't slept...Oo)
Let it go emla!! Just give up!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:12 AM   #17
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Awww, poor nick!! xDD

....I am always forgotten...

/Heil

Old 07-30-2009, 04:15 AM   #18
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Let it go emla!! Just give up!
Nope. Nope. I will win. I always win. >D
Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #19
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

You cant win, Itasan. Youve tried this many times before, remember? You always lose.

Violette, you sit here and talk about love. Arent you dating Nick? Yet you're talking about Senpai like the lost love you would give anything for? There's that chemical imbalance again. Not calling you out or nothing, I just proved my point is all.

I have yet to see the married couples youre speaking of. Maybe they really are truly best friends, but its not love. If it is, its some sort of disorder that caused the imbalance to stay, and they were fortunate enough to meet another person with the same disorder.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #20
<Aurega?>

Quote:
Nope. Nope. I will win. I always win. >D
Sorry...