Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 AM   #21
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: The end of time itself.

as everything will end...time will end itself...
but then since the universe seemed to be unending...(destruction and creation...evolution)...so will time be...it might not be called time by then and may not be taken as we have...but it might just evolve into something else...
as long as something exist...even a tiniest bit...i think so will time...
but will it really matter?
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #22
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post
Me and my friend have discussed and fought over this for a very long time indeed.
Is there truly an end to everything in this world?
A person's dies putting an end to their life.
People break up ending their relationship.
Planet's die one day too putting an end to them.
Who know's even the Universe might not exist one day.
Everything around us seem's to have something like a deadline.

Now this is what we truly argued we agreed on the previous ones except on this:
What about time itself?
Will time ever die?
Time exists of Numbers which are infinite.So countless numbers of seconds,minutes,hours,days etc
My friend said if the everything around us doesnt exist then neither does time.
While I said as long as time is counted in numbers which are infinite it will never end.

If the Universe and everything else has a probable end what about time?
Will that still exist then?
Does time itself ever have en ending?

Discuss please.
Time is relevant. Destroy what time is relevant to and there is no time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 PM   #23
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Time is a simple illusion cast by the perspectives of those who are caught within it. What never began cannot end, no?
Old 02-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Time is. There is no end or beginning. Only you puny human's perception of time makes it seem like it flows. All time exists at once.
Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #25
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Time is. There is no end or beginning. Only you puny human's perception of time makes it seem like it flows. All time exists at once.
Oh wait if we change it to military time 12:00 am becomes 0:00. Time ends!

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #26
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Oh wait if we change it to military time 12:00 am becomes 0:00. Time ends!
Boom goes the dynamite.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 AM   #27
Toph
Chunin

Toph is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life AKA Death View Post
idk if there is an end but what i do think there is no point on living if ur just gonna die
Actually, there is. You need to make the most of your goodness in these evil days. If you do the opposite, well... let's just wait for judgment day and see.
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:10 AM   #28
Art is an EXPLOSION
Chunin

Art is an EXPLOSION is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Me and my friend have discussed and fought over this for a very long time indeed.

What about time itself?
Will time ever die?
Time exists of Numbers which are infinite.So countless numbers of seconds,minutes,hours,days etc
While I said as long as time is counted in numbers which are infinite it will never end.

Discuss please.
o.o scary
anyways if there is an end to the universe we will just find someway to come back ive always believed the people who took theyre life right find a new body to live in and you travel the universe to find one so there is no end to the universe if u ask me there is just another life waiting for you
Art is an EXPLOSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #29
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

MannyGAGA is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to MannyGAGA Send a message via Yahoo to MannyGAGA

i dont think time ends.

this is because time is forever;even when everything is gone,time still is alive.

seconds,minutes,hours,days,weeks,and years will still pass forever.
MannyGAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #30
kokojojo
Banned

kokojojo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

all the things that manny stated are concepts invented by humans to measure the duration of things. i believe that time is merely the cycle of things, the cycle of life, the cycle of the earth's rotation, the cycle of orbits, etc. when all things cease to exist, the cycle of order in the universe will end and thus time itself will no longer exist
kokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #31
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:

What about time itself?
Will time ever die?

Discuss please.
Just because something is measured in numbers doesn't make it infinite. I can take out five marbles and line them up in a finite line, or a line segment.

"Time is the measurement of motion." -Aristotle

If time does not exist, then it cannot be measured, though the illusion of measurement can still be perceived.

I think TBC hit on it exactly. Time is, in real life, represented Yonically (with a Yonic symbol, or a circle), though in math it's represented Phaillically (with a Phaillic symbol, or a line). There are many lines in a circle. Actually, there are an infinite number of lines.

So, look at time as an infinite number of segments. Considering the Big Bang Theory, and assuming it's accurate, one can gather that that the universe will draw in upon itself, then expand (as it is doing now), and then repeat the cycle any number of times. Perhaps an infinite number of times.

Given that, I suppose the real question would be how many times the proccess repeats itself, although I can't imagine the universe suddenly stopping the cycle, and there's no inclination to believe that it will discontinue itself like a bad TV series.

Also, thinking of what you said about everything having a deadline, I don't think it does. Sure, a relationship could end, but the two people would still be there. Sure, a person's life could end, but the matter that made up their body would still exist. That same matter will, eventually, serve another purpose, such as becoming sustenance for maggots, or fertilizer for plants and such. Those same plants may become food for a cow, and so on and so forth.

The segment ends, but the circle continues.

Last edited by ItachiAnbu; 02-19-2010 at 02:02 PM.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #32
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

The Big Crunch = End of Time
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #33
mangagirl
Drama King
Perpetually leaving the forum

mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to mangagirl

uhmm there could be an end but i dont think it is going to end right now..

mangagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #34
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangagirl View Post
uhmm there could be an end but i dont think it is going to end right now..
*Bam* the universe hates you xD. There is no end to time as long as we have free will to think about time
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #35
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I think time still will exsist. No one will know considering the fact no one will be alive but also keep in mind that there was time before the big bang. but all these opinions will vary since everyone has different ways of understanding time.

Also, i don't think time is all based on numbers. Humans created the numbers for time, in order to understand it easier. Time can alse be considered as events in life.

kakashi uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #36
Manda
Chunin Exam Participant

Manda is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Time can never end because time never existed in the first place. Time is just a way for us to measure events and distances. Time isn't woven into the fabric of the universe.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #37
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda View Post
Time can never end because time never existed in the first place. Time is just a way for us to measure events and distances. Time isn't woven into the fabric of the universe.
Yes, it is in fact, woven into the fabric of the universe. L2SpecialRelativity
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #38
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

What is this, I don't even-

I dunno if I even wanna post here, so much to be countered... So much to counter.

Alright.. Let's start off easy. Someone created time, sure, but the concept itself will be infinite. If there is Heaven, or whatever's up there, then it will continue going on, although I doubt anyone will give a crap about the time if you're in Heaven. If the Multiverse Theory exists, while one Universe ends, another one could as well be infinite.

I agree with V-V in the OP, I knew exactly what it meant, but I can't explain it in words. Well, she did, but it's hard to understand IMO. Well, I did, but, Okay, you know what this list is gonna keep expanding.

Time itself, the concept, will never end. If this Universe explodes, its still gonna keep counting. Even if time is frozen, it'll still move on in the sense of the word, like I said, the concept always exists. Time itself, was invented yes, but in a way it always has been going.

Unless the universe (Or Omniverse if we're speaking like I mentioned above,) instantly ends, such as God, or an Omnipotent, or some freak thing happening, then Time will always be.

Although I shouldn't say a freak thing, because even if a Universe absorbing Black Hole was created, time still goes on.

Omnipotents would have to be involved.

This then starts arguments with Paradoxes being added into the equation.

Dammit, curse my ways..

Well, V-V I admire your ways of thinking and your idea to make this thread, and lol @ you arguing with your friend about it, but one question. Why?! This is so complicated to fit into a post, xD

Oh wait, I just realized by not posting I can save myself literal time. Okay, so the last thing to say is if someone froze time before, no one might know it except for that person, but more time would've passed.

Damn, that was confusing, and I doubt I could explain it nearly as well as those "'This' for Dummies" people could, or even people smarter than me.

I hope I cleared the basic idea of things up, which I doubt I did, but to be honest I haven't read the thread yet, except the first page.

Alright so yeah, its hard to understand/explain, but some people just can say "Oh yeah I know totally what you meant" Like myself, and others that are all, "Uhm, wut?"

Damn. Now I'm done. Nice thread idea. I would rep if I could.

TLDR: Basically as long as the universe exists, the entire concept of Time keeps on going. If an Omnipotent or such is involved, and defeats the concept of Time, then so be it, and I can't do much about it. Beyonder defeated the Concept of Death. Maybe some of those Idiots out there who needed the TLDR might bother reading when he did so. Pictures may help.

Damn that's gotta be the most I've ever posted, aside from this other thread I made awhile back.

EDIT: Oh what the hell, why does my post have to stick out and be the longest? Aww man, now no one's gonna read it like usual.

EDIT AGAIN: Lol if someone quotes this to use in their siggy.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by Phoenix Wright; 03-26-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #39
Phoenix Wright
Attorney at Lawl

Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Phoenix Wright has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Wright

Okay I'm bumping this or something, because that always happens when I post a large post. No replies for like three days unless I bump.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Phoenix Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #40
queendarkness
Special Jonin Candidate

queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to queendarkness

i think so.idrk=i don't really know

''Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.''~Peter Drucker
queendarkness is offline   Reply With Quote