Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Gwenzalla
Genin

Gwenzalla is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TBC)

Are you tired of me sharing my faith? THEN KEEP YOUR FREEKIN COMPLAINTS TO YOURSELF!!!

This does NOT include Theblackchidori.

The incident was my fault and I shouldn't of ever said anything.

So besides him, I you think I'm pushing my religion onto you. CHECK AGAIN!!!

I ONLY SHARE WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE WILLING TO LISTEN!

SO STOP GIVING ME CRAP ABOUT MY BELIFES!!

I AM willing to debate, not listen to complaints.

thnx for reading, God bless

Ok, We can do it the easy way or the Chuck Norris way.

Sasuke MUST Die

My fave football teams:
NY Giants,
Kansas state wildcats,
Syracuse Orangemen!!
Spoiler:
I stalk my stalker XD

Gwenzalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Lou!e is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Lou!e
Default Re: Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TB

You don't need to change who you are for anyone I like your strong faith and beliefs.
Lou!e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
narutosagetoad
Banned

narutosagetoad is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to narutosagetoad
Default Re: Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TB

I agree with you if you. As the saying goes if you have nothing nice to say. Don't say anything at all.
narutosagetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I have no idea what prompted this but have a few comments that will make your forum life better.

1: If you don't want people to judge you on your faith, don't talk about it in a public thread. Threads are for everyone and with a subject like religion, someone will argue with you.

2: If you only want to mention your faith to SOME, do it in PM's and remove the god references from your siggy it's asking for debate.

I'm not saying you need to do these things, but by NOT doing what I suggest you are opening the door for constant argument.

Religion politics and sports are the three things people will always disagree on. Bring them up at your own risk, and expect opposition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
Gwenzalla
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutosagetoad View Post
I agree with you if you. As the saying goes if you have nothing nice to say. Don't say anything at all.
Thanks for the support peoples.

Sasuke MUST Die

My fave football teams:
NY Giants,
Kansas state wildcats,
Syracuse Orangemen!!
Spoiler:
I stalk my stalker XD

Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Stick by your faith, just keep it to yourself.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Itachi Mangeyko Uchiha
Apprentice Genin

Itachi Mangeyko Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i support strong belief....just for those who criticize it...it cause u dont have a strong belief or u'd understand
Big sis: Yoruichi, Itachi-Sama,
Sensei: Sasuke Uchiha Gal
Spoiler:
hahaha u thought this was a spoiler

Itachi Mangeyko Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi Mangeyko Uchiha View Post
i support strong belief....just for those who criticize it...it cause u dont have a strong belief or u'd understand
I know a few people who have a VERY strong belief that god does not exist. Generalizations like that fuel the flames between both sides. We all know we should try to accept each other and teach those who want to be receptive but seriously antagonizing those who feel differently than you is just a bad idea.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenzalla View Post
Thanks for the support peoples.

i'm willing to listen to you and anyone.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Gwenzalla
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker369 View Post
i'm willing to listen to you and anyone.
Really? Thats cool. Are you a christian?

Sasuke MUST Die

My fave football teams:
NY Giants,
Kansas state wildcats,
Syracuse Orangemen!!
Spoiler:
I stalk my stalker XD

Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to itachi/madara

0.o...what did tbc do?

itachi/madara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
Gwenzalla
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi/madara View Post
0.o...what did tbc do?
It wasent him. It was me. I mentioned something religious on a non religious post.

Sasuke MUST Die

My fave football teams:
NY Giants,
Kansas state wildcats,
Syracuse Orangemen!!
Spoiler:
I stalk my stalker XD

Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

ThunderSpirit is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I don't have a problem with Christians believing what they believe, but I do think that many Christians need to understand that there are people who do not share their beliefs and do not want to have Christianity forced upon them.

And we call it reality.

-Uchiha Itachi
ThunderSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSpirit View Post
I don't have a problem with Christians believing what they believe, but I do think that many Christians need to understand that there are people who do not share their beliefs and do not want to have Christianity forced upon them.
Well when a Christian tries to convert people they are not doing 'cause they hate your religion or what not it is 'cause they care, it is complicated. They want to "save" as many as they can.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou!e View Post
Well when a Christian tries to convert people they are not doing 'cause they hate your religion or what not it is 'cause they care, it is complicated. They want to "save" as many as they can.
More accurately it's because they lack empathy.

Every priest wants to save as many a he can but understands peoples feelings and instead of preaching or being forceful. I have never met a priest that has crossed the line f respect to try to preach his faith. All I have met are able to let their feelings be known and their offer for goodness stand without belittling or berating anothers faith or lack of faith.

It's really just that every crowd has a good number of bad apples. In the case of Catholicism (the only one I ca speak fr as I grew up catholic and went to seminary) the problem is empathy, Acceptance of others views and methods of speaking to those without faith is covered in seminary but never taught (generally) to the church as a whole. The end result is people thinking they are right ad trying to force their views on people "for their own good." It's generally a terrible idea as when you push people, they tend to push back.

Even if you are successful and people go through the motions, if they don't mean it, it means nothing.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

As long as it doesn't lead to flaming, you have a right to share your beliefs. Freedom of speech ftw.

Edit:Wow freedom of speach? Spell fail.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM   #17
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

ThunderSpirit is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou!e View Post
I don't think Christians try to convert because they hate my religion. The problem is the belief by Christians that their path is the only correct path and then, because they cannot fathom that other religions may be equally valid, they attempt to convert everyone they meet.

This may or may not be a well intentioned logic, but it can also be seen as an imperialistic doctrine of "if they won't accept it willingly, then, for their own good, we must force them to accept it". This logic can easily become more sinister as history has repeatedly shown, think about the Roman Empire or Charlemagne's bloody campaigns against the Saxons.

And we call it reality.

-Uchiha Itachi
ThunderSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #18
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I don't think Christians try to convert because they hate my religion. The problem is the belief by Christians that their path is the only correct path and then, because they cannot fathom that other religions may be equally valid, they attempt to convert everyone they meet.

This may or may not be a well intentioned logic, but it can also be seen as an imperialistic doctrine of "if they won't accept it willingly, then, for their own good, we must force them to accept it". This logic can easily become more sinister as history has repeatedly shown, think about the Roman Empire or Charlemagne's bloody campaigns against the Saxons.
You see there is this thing called "idolatry, idolatry is the worship, veneration or belief in false gods. Because it is a direct rejection of God, it is a grave sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). Idolatry includes worship of images (This does not mean that we cannot venerate religious images. Veneration of images such as a crucifix is veneration of the person depicted, and not the actual image in and of itself.)"

Plus if you didn't believe your religion was correct why even pursue it, I mean, have doubt in your own faith I guess if you want.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #19
RockLeesFutureWife
Special Jonin Candidate

RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RockLeesFutureWife is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via MSN to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via Yahoo to RockLeesFutureWife Send a message via Skype™ to RockLeesFutureWife

Quote:

I know what you mean, someone once told me that because I was not Christian, that I was surely going to hell. All I had to say to that was: "You are not God, so you cannot decide who is going to hell."
Sorry for randomly saying that...I just had to throw that in here...
Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #20
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:

Anyone who beliefs anything, only believes their path is correct. And only one "path" can be correct. That's the way it works. Singling christianity out, is unfair in my opinion.

People who insist that every religion is correct are just blatanly stupid. My religious beliefs, state that there can only one true path. But wait they believe my religion is correct, right? So only one path can be right, right? It's contradictory.