Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #161
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunagakure View Post
I think there are some things that environment does shape, but I do not believe it shapes all things including one's sexuality per se. My brother is gay, and we have had many long talks on this subject, and for him, it is just part of who he is ^^ He did not wake up one day and go "Oh ho! I think I will be gay!" He says he has always known he is gay, from the time he was a child. His attraction is simply for men, and fortunately, he has found a wonderful partner to share is life with. I am most happy for him

Now, if environment was the only determining factor to shape sexuality, since I grew up in the same family surrounded by the same people and environments, in the same socio-economic and cultural conditions, wouldn't I be gay too? Alas, I am a girl that likes guys ^__~

(Oh, and TheBlackChidori? I have been sledding in the arctic and have seen the Northern Lights cut a swath of color across the sky so luminescent and brilliant, greens and blues and crimson in swirling motion, so beautiful it makes you catch your breath for the beauty of the moment. Your post reminded me of that time - thank you )
See I can completely understand where you're coming from. My sister is a lesbian. My aunt is a lesbian. One of my good friends is gay. Growing up, I was surrounded by it. Ive always been completely comfortable around homosexuality, and still am.

Hell, Ive even went with my guy-friend to a gay club because he was nervous about going for the first time. So I was a true friend and morally supported him, as akward as it was for me when a couple guys started flirting with me.....badly....

Im a guy, completely and utterly straight. I love women, cant deny that. Dont want a woman right now, but I am still very much attracted to them, and as for as I know, might just meet a woman thats good for me one day. But I also know that Im not gay, and never will be gay. Ive never thought that way, even when it was a daily part of life. So I get you completely, Suna.

Glad to remind you of something so beautiful. It really is breathtaking, isn't it? Thats one of those things that words just cant describe.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #162
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Lou!e is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Lou!e
Default Re: Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
Im saying its a choice. But its an unexplained subject. Like I said, science hasn't proven that there's anything that makes somebody gay. Its a complete mystery. I can talk to my gay sister about it all I want, but I cant understand it.

She also gives that reason, that she always knew she was gay. Perhaps its just being more open to the prospect? Maybe everyone's a little gay, but openly gay people are just more into it. Perhaps what I consider a good guy friend to me, would be a gay crush for you? Im not sure how it works, and Im not even going to begin to understand it even if you explain it to me.

Dont think Im hating on your guys sexuality, Im not. You know better than that, I respect TRUE gay people. Just not the attention gays. But thats not what this subject is about so lets not go there.

Attention gays eh? -_-...That is just their personality, I love those kind of gays, just not as a partner...
Lou!e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #163
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
Just in case nobody saw this, and btw, I'm proud of myself for saying this for some reason
I disagree with what was in your self quote. I strongly believe there is evidence there is a God. That's irrelevant though as it's clear nature intended for us to be straight, as I pointed out in an earlier post.

I feel like I've used the word irrelevant more in the last few posts the in any other discussion on this forum.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #164
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
I agree with most of what you say except for it being a choice. It's not my choice to be straight. I believe that a straight guy can have gay urges. I think the only way to know what your true sexual preference is, is when you find who your true love is. Most people are confident in their sexuality long before this though......
Its a choice to me. I could choose to be gay if I wanted to. If I wanted to convince myself that the feelings I have for my guy friends, wanting to be around them and hang out with them or whatever, was romantic, than I could choose to do so. But I dont feel that way, and dont want to choose to feel that way.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #165
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I agree with most of what you say except for it being a choice. It's not my choice to be straight. I believe that a straight guy can have gay urges. I think the only way to know what your true sexual preference is, is when you find who your true love is. Most people are confident in their sexuality long before this though......

If it isn't your choice to be straight then how are you?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #166
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou!e View Post
Attention gays eh? -_-...That is just their personality, I love those kind of gays, just not as a partner...

Nah I dont mean the really fun gay people who flaunt it. I mean the teenage girls who suddenly become gay because their friends do it, then 1 year down the road, change their mind and go back to being straight, denying ever really being bi.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #167
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Its a choice to me. I could choose to be gay if I wanted to. If I wanted to convince myself that the feelings I have for my guy friends, wanting to be around them and hang out with them or whatever, was romantic, than I could choose to do so. But I dont feel that way, and dont want to choose to feel that way.
Yes you can change your behavoir but your attraction...noppa.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #168
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Bottom line is, I hate religion. I hate everything there is about it. Its the number one cause of war in the world. Its the number one cause of pain and suffering. I have faith in my own way, and always will. I dont need someone else to tell me how to believe.

I believe in God. And that is that. If I go to hell for thinking that way, so be it.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #169
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yes you can change your behavoir but your attraction...noppa.
Yeah thats what my sis tells me too. I dont get it because I can choose not be attracted to a good looking girl. Its weird.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #170
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Nah I dont mean the really fun gay people who flaunt it. I mean the teenage girls who suddenly become gay because their friends do it, then 1 year down the road, change their mind and go back to being straight, denying ever really being bi.

Well lots of women are bi sexual. The coming out process is very difficult and someone who isn't in a closet or who hasn't came out of a closet can't relate too.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #171
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
I disagree with what was in your self quote. I strongly believe there is evidence there is a God. That's irrelevant though as it's clear nature intended for us to be straight, as I pointed out in an earlier post.

I feel like I've used the word irrelevant more in the last few posts the in any other discussion on this forum.
I agree. I mean, for all we know, it could be environmental in the way that things in the air react a certain way with chemicals in the body, or similar to why some people are allergic to peanuts, and some aren't. It could also explain why there are different "categories", if you will, of gays. For guys, there are the ones that are just attracted to guys, whatever, the ones who wear the tight, revealing cloths, and the ones who go drag. For girls, there are the ones who just like girls, the butch ones, etc.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #172
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
There is a difference between convincing yourself, and being geniunely attracted at least that's what I believe.
Quote:
If it isn't your choice to be straight then how are you?
I'm straight because that's who I am. You're gay because that's who you are. We were both shaped into waht we are by our environment.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 PM   #173
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Yeah thats what my sis tells me too. I dont get it because I can choose not be attracted to a good looking girl. Its weird.
Oh so when a good looking girl walks bye you say " oh lets be attracted to her" then you are? ....Think about it...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #174
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

ok. i am confused with the title of this thread...does that mean anybody could post except TBC or nobody should post but TBC? *docks* don't crucify me for askin' this one...teehee...
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #175
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
I agree. I mean, for all we know, it could be environmental in the way that things in the air react a certain way with chemicals in the body, or similar to why some people are allergic to peanuts, and some aren't. It could also explain why there are different "categories", if you will, of gays. For guys, there are the ones that are just attracted to guys, whatever, the ones who wear the tight, revealing cloths, and the ones who go drag. For girls, there are the ones who just like girls, the butch ones, etc.
Well I've also pointed this about before:

We can explain every thought and abstract feeling with a chemical reaction, but most of us are self aware enough to understand we are more than a series of chemical reactions.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #176
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I'm straight because that's who I am. You're gay because that's who you are. We were both shaped into waht we are by our environment.
So if I was shaped by the envoirment why is it a sin if I never chose?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #177
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Quote:
Oh so when a good looking girl walks bye you say " oh lets be attracted to her" then you are? ....Think about it...
Attraction isn't looks alone, it's personality too. And looks make us think a certain way about a person, so if you see a hot guy, you might think he'd be a jerk the way he walks and talks, and thus, might not be attracted. Or, for you, you hate blondes and long hair as you always remind us, so you might see a nice body, nice face long hair, not attracted.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #178
Hiro
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hiro is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Ok, I get the "Not as God intended" But is their proof of a God? No. Do we know why people are Gay, Bi, or Straight? No. Simple as that.
yes, there is much proof of god, the preacher of a church i know, never been to a doctor of any kind, and has been through many timees where doctors say "he shouldve died wothout med. care"
i was prayed for, my allergies were reaching a high point and i was dying, then i was prayed for, by the time i got to the hospital i was better
a brother came into church last night, hurtiing all over, after he left, he was better
a sister had seizures from child years to about 20 somethin' supposedly uncurable, shes 30, and hasnt had one since god healed her
Quote:
How can your granmother know exactly what God "intended"? The bible was written by mortal man.

Why not tho? People are born blind, deaf amd straight, why can't gay be on that list?
she didnt, she read the bible, and that is correct, but they were under the influence of god...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #179
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
So if I was shaped by the envoirment why is it a sin if I never chose?
The bible says it's a sin to act on your urges, it's not a sin to simply have homosexual urges.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #180
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Quote:
Attraction isn't looks alone, it's personality too. And looks make us think a certain way about a person, so if you see a hot guy, you might think he'd be a jerk the way he walks and talks, and thus, might not be attracted. Or, for you, you hate blondes and long hair as you always remind us, so you might see a nice body, nice face long hair, not attracted.
Yeah I was about to say that's more about taste. Another aspect of a person which I believe is shaped by their environment.