Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
Hidan of the Mist
Special Jonin Candidate

Hidan of the Mist has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan of the Mist has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Do we have a soul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
^ I think it is a joke, or just a way to clone. But if a soul is real, when we clone are we not copying souls?
A clone would be biological made of compounds. Not with a mother that takes care of them for 9 months formulating a soul then body.
A clone is just the body
Old 10-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #42
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan of the Mist View Post
Why would a soul need to be copyrighted
because if you can quantify something, analyze it and do so to a degree that you can prove that thing exists. It's only a matter of time (months years, decades, centuries..depending on the thing) before you begin to understand what its made of, how it works and when you start understanding that you eventually learn how to copy it or duplicate it or mass produce it - it's historically how mankind has gone from sitting around in a cave to putting people on the moon.

so..you..know..yeah

I mean think about the ramifications of actually discovering we have souls and then the science of the soul and the ethereal and how that could be used

Scientists have created life from lifelessness about fifteen years ago...we've already shown that we can touch the power of..god we've shown as a species a willingness to go anywhere and do anything to further our existence and a prosperity.

Quote:
No, I read. When you quoted me you said that and then added. "What?!" I was simply trying to state that I never said Science does that. I meant the basic of Buddhism.

Or it looked like you where saying, "What are you talking about? They have disclosed all religions." To which I was defending what I said. Just trying to be a bit more clear.]
No I was being sarcastic as in generally a religion gets invalidated under scientific scrutiny via its creation myths not being able to stand up to the scientific method..or meshing with our understanding of the universe- that stuff like spirits...usually gets addressed more by psychologists and sociologists and anthropologists

Quote:
Because I do not have any recall of me saying Science can not take Buddhism down because of reincarnation. If I did, whoops. But I do not see it. But that is not what I meant to say.
What i was saying was that it wasn't an issue addressed

Quote:
That is intense. That is the fastest way to learn a new language.
people have reported everything from knowing new skills ranging from gardening to musical instruments to caring about issues they never have in the past

kinda creepy
Quote:
But what if they are not related and never had surgery or anything? I suppose no doc. as been made to disclose this?
well like I said..outside of mental illness you've got "genetic reincarnation" of sorts where a persons so similar to a relative the resemblance is uncanny and can border on horrifying when said person..demons demonstrating similar personlities and mannerisms and the like

it's less a soul and more a template getting reused though- in lesser degrees it's probably insanely common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan of the Mist View Post
A clone would be biological made of compounds. Not with a mother that takes care of them for 9 months formulating a soul then body.
A clone is just the body
Says you

identical twins are clones dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 10-19-2013 at 08:05 PM.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #43
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marissa View Post
If we don't have souls how do you explain Aiden?

(Lol jk but Beyond: Two Souls looks fregin awesome peoples!!)
Ouch!! That hurt! Walks away to cry.

All I can say is he's my twin and he went on a trip. Like a trip and fall down a deep dark whole. Insert evil laught........
Trollhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #44
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

I am game for debating supernatural IWD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #45
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

The debate over the existence of souls needn't be religious. The continuity of consciousness argument states that although your body constantly replaces cells, (and in fact shares no cells with the you of approximately seven years ago) you are still the same person. If you were simply flesh and blood, would you be the same person from seven years ago or somebody different?

Last edited by Blind Uchiha; 10-20-2013 at 05:31 AM.
Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #46
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
The debate over the existence of souls needn't be religious. The continuity of consciousness argument states that although your body constantly replaces cells, (and in fact shares no cells with the you of approximately seven years ago) you are still the same person. If you were simply flesh and blood, would you be the same person from seven years ago or somebody different?
Except many of our cells are just clones of their parent cell derived from mitosis, and serve the same functions as before. Those cells that do die are broken down and either excreted or their materials are used for nutrients or other processes. So no, you aren't the same person you were seven years ago, although I think you are equivocating when you say "same person." Do you mean we don't have all of the same cells or the same personalities? Either way your point doesn't in the slightest disprove the idea that we are "simply flesh and blood" it merely goes to demonstrate that people grow and change.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #47
Th€-T@ll€l-T@l€
Super Banned

Th€-T@ll€l-T@l€ is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I have know idea, but I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
That is a good way to look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
because if you can quantify something, analyze it and do so to a degree that you can prove that thing exists. It's only a matter of time (months years, decades, centuries..depending on the thing) before you begin to understand what its made of, how it works and when you start understanding that you eventually learn how to copy it or duplicate it or mass produce it - it's historically how mankind has gone from sitting around in a cave to putting people on the moon.

so..you..know..yeah

I mean think about the ramifications of actually discovering we have souls and then the science of the soul and the ethereal and how that could be used

Scientists have created life from lifelessness about fifteen years ago...we've already shown that we can touch the power of..god we've shown as a species a willingness to go anywhere and do anything to further our existence and a prosperity.

No I was being sarcastic as in generally a religion gets invalidated under scientific scrutiny via its creation myths not being able to stand up to the scientific method..or meshing with our understanding of the universe- that stuff like spirits...usually gets addressed more by psychologists and sociologists and anthropologists

What i was saying was that it wasn't an issue addressed

people have reported everything from knowing new skills ranging from gardening to musical instruments to caring about issues they never have in the past

kinda creepy

well like I said..outside of mental illness you've got "genetic reincarnation" of sorts where a persons so similar to a relative the resemblance is uncanny and can border on horrifying when said person..demons demonstrating similar personlities and mannerisms and the like

it's less a soul and more a template getting reused though- in lesser degrees it's probably insanely common.

Says you

identical twins are clones dude.
I'm not sure if I agree with you but you do make some good points.

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 10-21-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Th€-T@ll€l-T@l€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #48
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

^ Try not to triple post. It's no bueno.D:

It's considered spam.

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

Ninja Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Pink View Post
^ Try not to triple post. It's no bueno.D:

It's considered spam.
I don't think they knew that.

Ninja Pink is right, if you do it again Mods will attack.

Last edited by Trollhunter; 10-21-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Bad grammer.
Trollhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #50
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I know they didn't know. I am guiding the newbies.

*pats new guy*

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

Ninja Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #51
BlackWingedJace
Angel Of Death

BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.BlackWingedJace is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

I don't and frankly it is a very strange concept.
Quote:
You got to take the good with the bad, you Jaceass. D:<
*Official Gurren Lagann FanClub! member badge*
Just Call Me Demon Hoe
-JAFL ScrappY Approves!

Wanna game with me?
PSN: BlackWingedJace8
Xbox: TheJaceX
Steam: TheJaceX
League:TheJaceX
Origin:TheJaceX
BlackWingedJace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #52
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

The problem with debating 'the soul' is that no one defines it, and there's an issue of who can or should have the authority TO define that. Otherwise, everyone gets very heated and angry about completely different things, which this thread is predictably turning into.

There's no reason a 'soul' couldn't be an emergent thing of brain activity, or God-juice in the skull, but to debate either, we'd need to decide and define it, which most people are too whiny to do, but I'm glad to see at least one person attempted to here.

And did someone actually say there's been scientific documentation of reincarnation in here? It wasn't Shisko, was it? Shisko, no! . Save yourself! Hit the edit button! Do it for truth! .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #53
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhunter View Post
I don't think they knew that.

Ninja Pink is right, if you do it again Mods will attack.
I'm honestly flabbergasted at how incredibly stupid, cowardly and transparent you are. Do you honestly think we are so stupid and useless as staffers that we can't sniff an obvious dupe out? That a simple series of criteria when met are more then enough to once again expose you..for the pathetic, passive aggressive sack of crap that you are?

That account belongs to you..same as Kaden and where you fabricated another account prior to cover for your own pathetic humiliation in a debate to create the illusion that you had a reinforcements in an insultingly dishonest attempt to intimidate and silence those who opposed you...you..created this account for what asinine purpose? To further antagonize the staff? To attempt to paint me as a villain? Or maybe you're just so dim and petty you have no idea why you did it...but your attempts are so pathetic and transparent that multiple users lacking the moderator tools we possessed sniffed you out and reported you to me...and you seriously think you can conceal yourself?

Or that you are so god damn dumb... that you would perpetrate this insanity around the founder of the forum?

You are..such a low level troll that I had contemplated allowing you to stay around so that the newer users who..unfamiliar and inexperienced in the ways of defending their community from idiocy could use your sorry ass as soft target practice...that they could..literally beat you down and in doing so learn how to handle the bigger voices of..misconduct. But you have annoyed me one too many times and in perpetrating this constant act of mental retardation you have disrupted and stifled the legitimate and genuine attempts by other users to actually debate and contribute

and when you did that...you broke the basic tenants of conduct in any debate section...

So here is what is going to happen....you are now and forever more no longer welcome in the debate section you will not post here, you will not contribute here...or I will nuke every single one of your multiple accounts.

You wanna bring your cancer to the rest of the forum? Do so at your own peril some of the mods out there are nicer than me...others you will find will not be as nice..

Set foot in the BG's at your own risk as well for while I will not insult myself by engaging you there... the rules regarding civility will not apply to you while you are there...I will not allow the system to be used to protect an obvious sign up troll.

You..are..done..here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Pink View Post
I know they didn't know. I am guiding the newbies.

*pats new guy*
unless Kaden has a bunch of retarded siblings who dedicated their lives to trolling internet forums that isn't a new guy

it's another one of Trollhunters nonsense dupes to try and run game on the staff

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 10-22-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #54
Twilit Lion (Leo)
has lost his jugular to Naijeru

Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Well that is the question isn't it. A soul is something are to define. While I can't say what it is I can say that it would be made of energy just as everything else is made of energy. So then humans, being a large mass of collected energy, could potential posses a 'soul'. In other words, if its true that energy is not destroyed then where does our energy go? It is possible that that energy creates a 'soul' from our experiences. But its merely just a hypothesis.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Actually, if anyone's egotistical.....it's me. o.o
Quote:
The proof is in this quote. Alex feels the need to insert himself into ANY conversation, even if he makes himself look like an idiot doing.
Quote:
Why thank you!........I think. o.o

6/17/10

I'm the Silver eyed Lion King
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your sig
Twilit Lion (Leo) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #55
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

What if our brain is the soul.

Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #56
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
What if our brain is the soul.
considering the sheer amount of resources the brain consumes our soul would be eternally guilty of the sin of gluttony

and be pretty damn fragile

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #57
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

Indeed.

Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #58
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Haven't read through a lot of this thread, so will just say where I think, the concept may of originated from. I'm taking it from the paranormal side. Paranormal investigators claim that paranormal activity and the alike, can be picked up on heat detectors and voice recorders and possibly on film, so light waves. So if paranormal activity, is anything like what the soul is. It could be a mix of both energy and waves emanating within our bodies. Since such things, are picked up as heat energy/light waves and recorded by sound waves it has. So if the soul is similar to this..then it could be a balance of both, within us.

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #59
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
Haven't read through a lot of this thread, so will just say where I think, the concept may of originated from. I'm taking it from the paranormal side. Paranormal investigators claim that paranormal activity and the alike, can be picked up on heat detectors and voice recorders and possibly on film, so light waves. So if paranormal activity, is anything like what the soul is. It could be a mix of both energy and waves emanating within our bodies. Since such things, are picked up as heat energy/light waves and recorded by sound waves it has. So if the soul is similar to this..then it could be a balance of both, within us.
the funny part is, if that stuff turns out to be something other than utter nonsense it means that the human spirit and other "entities" can eventually be quantified and analyzed and I feel very, very bad for whatever is out there...because since the dawn of human kind..there have been sentient species out there arrogant enough to think they can bully us, terrorize us and manipulate our cultures

and they are going to learn a harsh lesson: Namely, that the last fully sentient race we came in contact with was exterminated down to the last man woman and child.

tldr: if the paranormal turns out to be real it will only be a matter of time before we bottle it..and patent and otherwise understand and learn how to control and handle it and what we can't we end up eradicating from the face of the universe....because historically as a species that's exactly what we do whenever we run into any type of competition - we make it no longer exist.

"panthentocide" may very well become a word within the next century or so...scary and awesome as that is

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 10-22-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #60
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

And a counterpoint to what TRS posited(tho not necessarrily mutually exclusive to each other) is the ghost in the shell model that is actually quite feasible

Basically how I interpret that idea is that the soul and mind may be analogous to one another, in the way that the brain is compared to a computer it could be said that the soul.... the concioussness of a person is the operating system for the machine(being the brain and body) and what's truly scary about this train of thought is that were we able to define the soul and understand it's components........... boom literal A.I. clones that can be uploaded as an OS into a computer or android mechanical body even power armor as we see in fiction such as jarvis in iron man and cortana in Halo

And taking that a step further we have already achieved the ability to translate memory(data) into genetic code and vise-versa which may mean that one day it may be relatively simple to augment a persons very memories. Which in a lot of cases can indeed affect who they are and how they act in important ways

And also perhaps the scariest part of that is the fact that once that sort of thing goes mainstream you can bet your ass that people of ill repute will begin developing computer viruses designed for the human mind

You think getting a trojan on your PC is hard luck? Imagine your individuality and freedom stripped by some hacker as he uses you like a goddamn puppet to commit varying types of crimes ranging from holding up a liquor store to robbing the union depository with a group of other meat-puppets

And then afterwards having your memory wiped of the whole affair and left doe-eyed waiting for the cops

this is actually starting to sound like a good plot for a book or something now isn't it? I'm gonna have to remember this stuff

But hey you what they say : 3
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote