Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Daft
Ninja Academy Student

Daft is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Sasori vs Itachi

BG defaults
Daft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Sasori vs Itachi

Itachi.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Daft
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Itachi.
Explain.

Sasori is immune to Genjutsu as by Jiriaya's explanation; Genjutsu works by targeting the brain and controlling the targets senses, and Sasori is a brain short as he only has a heart.

Iron Sand was stated to be able to form into any shape he wishes, meaning he can take flight or place a layer of iron sand armor on himself (Similar to Gaara's Armor of Sand) to protect against Itachi's assaults.

The 3rd Kazekage's Jutsu is also Magnet Release, which Chiyo stated to render weapons of Metal Properties useless against him. If anything, Sasori can use Magnet release to impale Itachi with the Shruiken and Kunai's that he hides in his clothes.

Dance of a hundred puppets will have Itachi fighting forever, which is bad as Itachi has poor stamina.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft
Sasori is immune to Genjutsu as by Jiriaya's explanation; Genjutsu works by targeting the brain and controlling the targets senses, and Sasori is a brain short as he only has a heart.
Implying Itachi only has genjutsu. Ok...

Quote:
Iron Sand was stated to be able to form into any shape he wishes, meaning he can take flight or place a layer of iron sand armor on himself (Similar to Gaara's Armor of Sand) to protect against Itachi's assaults.
And it can totally resist Totsuka piercing through it? And we've seen that Susano'o can phase through matter unlike human body. (Madara's Susano'o phased through the wood and stabbed Tsunade from underneath)
Quote:
The 3rd Kazekage's Jutsu is also Magnet Release, which Chiyo stated to render weapons of Metal Properties useless against him. If anything, Sasori can use Magnet release to impale Itachi with the Shruiken and Kunai's that he hides in his clothes.
When Sasori is shown using magnet release, I will believe this.

Quote:
Dance of a hundred puppets will have Itachi fighting forever, which is bad as Itachi has poor stamina.
Until he Amaterasu's Sasori...
Old 10-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Itachi has too many things that can just kill sasori outright.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
Daft
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Implying Itachi only has genjutsu. Ok...
And no point did I say that he does. In fact, I go on to counter other things in the rest of my post.

Quote:
And it can totally resist Totsuka piercing through it? And we've seen that Susano'o can phase through matter unlike human body. (Madara's Susano'o phased through the wood and stabbed Tsunade from underneath)
Totsuka and Susano'O aren't the same thing. Your wrong on both accounts anyways.

Nor did Susano'O phase through it, Madara was using a form of Attack Prevention Technique to go through Wood Style (An Ability every Wood Style User has)

Quote:
When Sasori is shown using magnet release, I will believe this.
Lol, his 3rd Kazekage puppet is what has Magnet Style. Iron Sand itself is this jutsu.

Quote:
Until he Amaterasu's Sasori...
Itachi has to have complete focus to use Amaterasu. Not something he will be able to do when he's being attacked by a hundred puppets from every side.

Good luck on getting a line of sight through those puppets too. A wall of Iron Sand blocks it too.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Totsuka and Susano'O aren't the same thing. Your wrong on both accounts anyways.

Nor did Susano'O phase through it, Madara was using a form of Attack Prevention Technique to go through Wood Style (An Ability every Wood Style User has)
And never have I said Totsuka was Susano'o. You're tripping. I said Totsuka can just pierce it and seal the iron sand, as it can supposedly seal anything it pierces.

Attack prevention technique? What the hell is that? His Susano'o arm was in the tree, then go out of the tree as it nailed Tsunade.

Quote:
Lol, his 3rd Kazekage puppet is what has Magnet Style. Iron Sand itself is this jutsu.
We go by feats here, bro. Show me when Sasori controlled 3rd Kazekage and used the magnet release. Never. THerefore: you can't use it as feat. He used Iron Sand, never anything magnetic if I am right. Show me the chapter and page of otjer Magnet Release stuff first, not iron sand. Show me when Sasori was able to manipulate kunais and tools made of steel.

Quote:
Itachi has to have complete focus to use Amaterasu. Not something he will be able to do when he's being attacked by a hundred puppets from every side.
And those puppets can totally bust his Susano'o which can tank stuff like Kirin? lol Itachi needs a second and Sasori is down in flames.

Last edited by Maruko; 10-02-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #8
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

wow someone is actually debating Sasori could be beat Itachi. Itachi the guy the internet says can block planet destroying lasers and can defeat gods despite having no where near that kind of power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
wow someone is actually debating Sasori could be beat Itachi. Itachi the guy the internet says can block planet destroying lasers and can defeat gods despite having no where near that kind of power.
They say Yata can block planet busters, too. Pretty sad.

Anyway, the battle is over before it starts. Itachi looks at him and burns him. The end.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Also, attack prevention jutsu works on the mokuton user, but Susano'o is not a mokuton user, it's just dense chakra.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
Daft
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
And never have I said Totsuka was Susano'o. You're tripping. I said Totsuka can just pierce it and seal the iron sand, as it can supposedly seal anything it pierces.
And later in the post you say that we go by feats here? Hypocrite much.

It has the hype of sealing anything it pierces, but the limits of what it can pierce aren't outlined. Would be pure speculation to say that it cuts Iron Sand.

Quote:
Attack prevention technique? What the hell is that? His Susano'o arm was in the tree, then go out of the tree as it nailed Tsunade.
When Orochimaru melds into the enviorment. Sicne you have no idea what it is, heres the wiki page.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_Prevention_Technique

Quote:
We go by feats here, bro. Show me when Sasori controlled 3rd Kazekage and used the magnet release. Never. THerefore: you can't use it as feat. He used Iron Sand, never anything magnetic if I am right. Show me the chapter and page of otjer Magnet Release stuff first, not iron sand. Show me when Sasori was able to manipulate kunais and tools made of steel.
Iron Sand is an application of Magnet Release. Since I can't post scans here, heres the wiki page for Magnet Release
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Magnet_Release

Chiyo stated that weapons of Metalic properties are useless against him. (Can't post scans, Though she says this the instant that the 3rd Kazekage is revealed.)

Quote:
And those puppets can totally bust his Susano'o which can tank stuff like Kirin? lol Itachi needs a second and Sasori is down in flames.
Doesn't need to bust Susano'O. Just ride his stamina out.

Also, the combined stain of Susano'O and Amterasu being used at once is too much for MS users to take. Sasuke did this and was forced out of Susano'O and left bent over panting and Tobi noted that using Susano'O and Amterasu at once was too much.

Quote:
Also, attack prevention jutsu works on the mokuton user, but Susano'o is not a mokuton user, it's just dense chakra.
Susano'O adapts to the user and they're chakra, even taking on the Curse Mark. It has been shown to make hand signs and be the catalyst for Jutsu.

Attack Prevention Tech can be used in conjunction with Susano'O

Last edited by Daft; 10-02-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #12
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

First remove the links, or you'll get infracted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft
And later in the post you say that we go by feats here? Hypocrite much.

It has the hype of sealing anything it pierces, but the limits of what it can pierce aren't outlined. Would be pure speculation to say that it cuts Iron Sand.
I am a hypocrite for saying Totsuka can seal anything? Ok.

Then we shall speculate.

Quote:
When Orochimaru melds into the enviorment. Sicne you have no idea what it is, heres the wiki page.
As I added above, I figured out what you meant, I don't know English names of moves. I believe only the mokuton user can phase through wood or earth (as earth makes wood with suiton) therefore, users can't phase through whatever they want, only wood and earth.
And IIRC Madara was standing on the tree when Susano'o was in it, therefore, Susano'o phased, not Madara. Correct me if Madara was also in the tree.

Quote:
Iron Sand is an application of Magnet Release. Since I can't post scans here, heres the wiki page for Magnet Release
I know, but as I told ya, he must be shown using it.
Many people can use Suiton, that doesn't mean they can use Suiryuudan, for example. Same with Jiton. He may use Iron Sand, but we don't know if he can manipulate other tools like Magneto.

Quote:
Doesn't need to bust Susano'O. Just ride his stamina out.

Also, the combined stain of Susano'O and Amterasu being used at once is too much for MS users to take. Sasuke did this and was forced out of Susano'O and left bent over panting and Tobi noted that using Susano'O and Amterasu at once was too much.
He doesn't need stamina when he just one shots him from 30m at the very start. Itachi can use Amaterasu faster than Sasori can summon all his puppets or whatnot.

Sasori has a chance in some scenarios though. Defaults...he gest straight up one shot killed.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Which version of Itach is this?

It appears OP is going for the sick Itachi version the one that fought Hebi Sasuke.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Which version of Itach is this?

It appears OP is going for the sick Itachi version the one that fought Hebi Sasuke.
He said defaults, therefore the latest cannon, right? Aka Edo, with no Edo regen feats and infinite chakra, since Edo is banned in the BG.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #15
Daft
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
First remove the links, or you'll get infracted.

I am a hypocrite for saying Totsuka can seal anything? Ok.

Then we shall speculate.
We can't post wiki pages?

And Totsuka seal can seal anything it pierces. No mention of its piercing abilities.

Quote:
As I added above, I figured out what you meant, I don't know English names of moves. I believe only the mokuton user can phase through wood or earth (as earth makes wood with suiton) therefore, users can't phase through whatever they want, only wood and earth.
And IIRC Madara was standing on the tree when Susano'o was in it, therefore, Susano'o phased, not Madara. Correct me if Madara was also in the tree.
That's not the point. Susano'O can adapt to Attack Prevention and take on its properties. The user can also allow physical things through it, like when Sasuke phased Zetsu through his Susano'O.

Quote:
I know, but as I told ya, he must be shown using it.
Many people can use Suiton, that doesn't mean they can use Suiryuudan, for example. Same with Jiton. He may use Iron Sand, but we don't know if he can manipulate other tools like Magneto.
Chiyo laid it out plain and clean that weapons of metallic structure are useless against him. Its also common sense that metallic figures are affected by Magnatism.

Therfore, he can. That's like me saying that Itachi never used Izanami while he was alive so he can't.

Quote:
He doesn't need stamina when he just one shots him from 30m at the very start. Itachi can use Amaterasu faster than Sasori can summon all his puppets or whatnot.
When has Itachi ever used a Mangekyou tech from the very outset? Never. He needs to focus and build chakra in his eye. Theres also the fact that his puppet body doesn't feel pain and he can switch from body to body even if he's hit with Amterasu. Something Itachi doesn't know about.

Quote:
Sasori has a chance in some scenarios though. Defaults...he gest straight up one shot killed.
Sasori doesn't need a special scenario to match Itachi.

Quote:
He said defaults, therefore the latest cannon, right? Aka Edo, with no Edo regen feats and infinite chakra, since Edo is banned in the BG.
Alive Itachi that's sick. Healthy Itachi or Edo Itachi would win.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Naruto wikia is fine i believe
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote