Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #161
Hiei
Veteran Chunin

Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: BG CONVO #92: 5 epic sci-fi movies you can watch in less than ten minutes

Name of the Wind
Wise Man's Fear

Those are the books if you haven't got em yet.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #162
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG CONVO #92: 5 epic sci-fi movies you can watch in less than ten minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiei View Post
Name of the Wind
Wise Man's Fear

too many people who's literary views I trust and respect have recommended this. It has to be awesome

by the way how are the battle scenes? Massive tldr affairs like Howard, Herbert and Heinlein?

or more like Tolkien and Martin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #163
Hiei
Veteran Chunin

Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

There aren't too many battle scenes, actually. If you're lookling for a hack and slash army vs. army fantasy, you're not going to find it here.

This is a story about a guy's intelligence, wit, ambition and all-around badassery. It's mostly mystery and... , I wanna read it again. That said, there's a fight scene in Book 2 that's probably one of the most controversial pieces of blood magic I've ever read about.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #164
Hiei
Veteran Chunin

But yeah, Book 1 is mostly character profiles, mind and magic training, and opening the way for mystery. Might sound boring, but I promise you it's not.

Book 2 is when he starts getting real combat skill, but even this one's more of a political conspiracy etc.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #165
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I thought i could start it today but I don't have the time- I'm going to Argentina on the 18th so I'll probably finish that and reread ADWD on the way there then on the subsiquent road trips I'll be doing all over the south

eight hour flight, too cramped for sleep- I can cut a good chunk out of the KKC in that time

Yeah I have to admit Stannis is pure awesome even when he's being a dick

his comment about Gilly's baby was so...hilarious "so her father got that baby?"m "yes and it's gone"

"good! This is not kings landing! we don't allow such abominations here!" *snap snap*

plus his rant on Robert, and when Theon freaked out about him calling Ramsay a bastard and his reaction as if the Bolton bastard was nothing but an insect was spectacular

I seriously hopes he survives and ends up as the hand of the king or something
What's fascinating is that Ramsay mind raped Theon so much that the guy twitches and shakes and whines every time someone utters the word snow. I mean, Theon endured some pretty effed up torture and soul crushing.

He brought in on himself, though.

And Stannis needs to survive, he's just hilarious. He's almost on par with Tywin at being a badass, let's see what he can do.
Quote:
Name of the Wind
Wise Man's Fear

I ordered Name of the Wind, should be here in a few days.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #166
Hiei
Veteran Chunin

I don't think I'll ever feel bad for Theon. He was always such a tool. I do sort of respect that he had the guts to leave Ramsay, though. But can he be redeemed? No.

w00t

I shall convert as many as possible to the ways of Patrick Rothfuss.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #167
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't think I'll ever feel bad for Theon. He was always such a tool. I do sort of respect that he had the guts to leave Ramsay, though. But can he be redeemed? No.

w00t

I shall convert as many as possible to the ways of Patrick Rothfuss.
I am not feeling sorry, either. I couldn't care less, I just like it how Ramsay raped his mind so much with his games. Theon's behavior is grotesque.

I will tell you all what I think when I read a few chapters. Just gotta wait for it to arrive.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #168
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

Hiei, I am IMMUNE to your majjyyks by virtue of poverty.

#PLOTHAXX

Last edited by setsun; 08-21-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #169
Hiei
Veteran Chunin

No one is immune!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #170
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

Bich I'm the very definition of immunity. I STOMP on yo majyyks with my mother fraggin' MIRACLESZ MOTHERFRAGGER!!!!!!! 3•w•3
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #171
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Books for school cost so much money.

it's almost getting ridiculous.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #172
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

What classes are you taking, Pat? =D
Quote:
But yeah, Book 1 is mostly character profiles, mind and magic training, and opening the way for mystery. Might sound boring, but I promise you it's not.

Book 2 is when he starts getting real combat skill, but even this one's more of a political conspiracy etc.
Book 1 could be descrined as Harry Potter for adults

Last edited by Wooster; 08-21-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #173
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Pat and wooster are on at the same time

Oh sit someone find the room key for them
Old 08-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #174
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It's college, mang. All we need is a sock.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #175
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Actually you'll need at least two socks. Safety first wooster.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #176
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Heh
I love how NN is pissing and moaning how I played around in the Admin CP of MAS.
All I did was create new usergroups and let people have colored usernames, but apparently some perms were a bit screwed up.
Ain't like the forum was nuked or anything.

I wonder if he'll read this message. Hmmmmmmm

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #177
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Loldaph
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #178
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
There aren't too many battle scenes, actually. If you're lookling for a hack and slash army vs. army fantasy, you're not going to find it here.

This is a story about a guy's intelligence, wit, ambition and all-around badassery. It's mostly mystery and... , I wanna read it again. That said, there's a fight scene in Book 2 that's probably one of the most controversial pieces of blood magic I've ever read about.
I see nothing wrong with a cerebral piece of fantasy, this sounds more and more awesome

edit- he just threatened to demod me for inactivity..so he's here

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 08-21-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #179
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Heh..
Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #180
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

hey IWD. Why not regale us with tales of your time training under " 'master' Pend"
Closed Thread