Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Shikamaru vs shino

This happens during the sasuke retrieval arc. Both at their max. Who wins??

Cowards watch; heroes act.
darshen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Shikamaru vs shino

Wow, nobody has posted here...

Old 08-10-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
Kakashi11
Chunin

Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hmm This is a tough one though I am leaning towards Shino.
The problem for Shikimaru is that his best attack involves making a person follow his movements whoever if he did catch Shino which is very possible then Shino would still be able to attack, we have seen Shino bugs moving without him moving to much so his bugs could attack Shikimaru while he was in Shadow jutsu.
"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are trash, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash, and the ones who don't treasure their friends feelings are even worse than that" Kakashi Hatake

What Is Better Naruto Or Bleach?
I've Never Used Naruto.
Does it get your laundry white?

PSN- Knapers
Fav Character- Kakashi Hatake
Least Fav Character- Sasugay Uchiha
Kakashi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

Yeah that is true... I mean, the bugs didn't get caught, only shino. So shikamaru would be vulnerable.

However, shino isn't particularly strong. So if shikamaru would use that shadow strangling jutsu of his, it wouldn't take too long to kill shino, but would the bugs reach shikamaru first??

I think shino wins this, but shikamaru could always surprise us with something...

And I'm sorry for not commenting on your posts in that other thread...

Old 08-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #5
Kakashi11
Chunin

Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshen13 View Post
Yeah that is true... I mean, the bugs didn't get caught, only shino. So shikamaru would be vulnerable.

However, shino isn't particularly strong. So if shikamaru would use that shadow strangling jutsu of his, it wouldn't take too long to kill shino, but would the bugs reach shikamaru first??

I think shino wins this, but shikamaru could always surprise us with something...

And I'm sorry for not commenting on your posts in that other thread...
I agree, though the strangling jutsu took a while to take effect last time he used it, and Shino bugs can be fast and effect you without you knowing (Zaku and Kankuro).

Hey don't worry about it everyone makes mistakes
"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are trash, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash, and the ones who don't treasure their friends feelings are even worse than that" Kakashi Hatake

I've Never Used Naruto.

PSN- Knapers
Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #6
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

Yep!!! So its no win for shika, huh?? damnit!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

I vote for Shino due to the fact that, as previously stated, he can attack even if immobilized by Shikamaru's technique. And there is no way for Shikamaru to stop thousands of insects attacking from all directions.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #8
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

* unless he created a new jutsu, maybe called "shino and his bugs immobilisation jutsu" , which I'm pretty sure isn't going to happen!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

We are talking about pts sasuke and shino right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi11 View Post
I agree, though the strangling jutsu took a while to take effect last time he used it, and Shino bugs can be fast and effect you without you knowing (Zaku and Kankuro).

Hey don't worry about it everyone makes mistakes
Tayuya in cursed seal lvl 2 should have more physical strenght then shino. So it would probably work alot faster on shino then it did on tayuya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
Kakashi11
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
We are talking about pts sasuke and shino right?

Tayuya in cursed seal lvl 2 should have more physical strenght then shino. So it would probably work alot faster on shino then it did on tayuya.
Even so are you saying in that time his bugs could not travel to Shikimaru

No we are talking about PTS Shiki and Shino

Edit- Shino is not exactly weak either, he casually got up form one of Zaku air blasts and blocked his punch with one arm and floored him with one slap, also he resisted Kankuro poison long enough to defeat him.

I've Never Used Naruto.

PSN- Knapers

Last edited by Kakashi11; 08-10-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Shino endurance
Old 08-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yeah i meant shika but typed sasuke

Thats durability but shikamarus shadow possion requires huge amounts of raw strenght to resist like hidan and cs2 tayuya had not durability.

Also the sound four are the sound village elite. And should be stronger then everyone on team dosu. While cs1 sasuke could solo team dosu. The sound 4 casually toyed with sasuke.

Not to mention that the cursed seal already boosts physical strenght by itself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Kakashi11
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
Yeah i meant shika but typed sasuke

Thats durability but shikamarus shadow possion requires huge amounts of raw strenght to resist like hidan and cs2 tayuya had not durability.

Also the sound four are the sound village elite. And should be stronger then everyone on team dosu. While cs1 sasuke could solo team dosu. The sound 4 casually toyed with sasuke.

Not to mention that the cursed seal already boosts physical strenght by itself.
lol well they are quite similar in ways I won't discuss

Shino did know down that guy with one slap of the arm and blocked his punch with one hand, this was against the guy who forcefully used his recently broken arm to fight.

Sasuke did casually take down base Sound 4 after being owned by Naruto and Kakashi

Yes it does, though still gets overpowered by hard work

I've Never Used Naruto.

PSN- Knapers
Old 08-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
matsuro
Special Jonin Candidate

matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Look at the intelligence on both sides, who is known better for adapting quickly to certain situations in battle and come better prepared? Shino is very intelligent as we have seen throughout his battles, and shikamaru, we all know about that. So, I am not sure, just something to think about.

As far as the battle itself and their techniques, what does Shika have to counter or block all thise insects? Would shadow stitching jutsu work? Shika can and has used the environment effectively to his advantage. He could probably dodge a straight attack from them but Shino may let a couple sneak past him to gain an advantage for anything that may come after. Do the bug really work well without being controlled? I don't believe they are like Gaara's sand and act to defend or attack without being controlled to do so.

R.I.P
matsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
311y
Apprentice Genin

311y has completed a tough C-rank mission!311y has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Shino is honestly the worst match up for Shikamaru.. his insects can't be immobilized, and so Shikamaru's signature technique would be useless.
Post time-skip, Shino's bugs could actually be a disadvantage, since Shika could use their shadows to connect to Shino and and then use his shadow stitching jutsu on him.
However, PTS Shikamaru doesn't have that, so it's an easy win for Shino.
meant, and everything that has
burned you and left you with nothing
but ash.
" - Shinji Moon
311y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #15
Kakashi11
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuro View Post
Look at the intelligence on both sides, who is known better for adapting quickly to certain situations in battle and come better prepared? Shino is very intelligent as we have seen throughout his battles, and shikamaru, we all know about that. So, I am not sure, just something to think about.

As far as the battle itself and their techniques, what does Shika have to counter or block all thise insects? Would shadow stitching jutsu work? Shika can and has used the environment effectively to his advantage. He could probably dodge a straight attack from them but Shino may let a couple sneak past him to gain an advantage for anything that may come after. Do the bug really work well without being controlled? I don't believe they are like Gaara's sand and act to defend or attack without being controlled to do so.
Well both are very smart but we know that Shikimaru is smarter, though hard work>smart
Shikimaru does not have shadow stitching at this point in time so he cannot use that so there is no way he can deal with all those bugs.
They do work very well and are more similar to Akamaru than Gaara sand as Shino lets them live inside him but they do what they want, also his bugs have been shown to do things to others without us seeing Shino do much, for example crawling behind Zaku (Franky guy). They will protect Shino and have a mind of their own but will also listen and dow what Shino tells them to do.

I've Never Used Naruto.

PSN- Knapers
Old 08-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

^ yes that is correct. The bugs will act on their own to protect shino because he is their host. In battle, he orders them to act, but he isn't controlling them. WHEN shikamaru traps shino with shadow possession or shadow strangling jutsu, the bugs are still free... This leaves shikamaru vulnerable. I can't see any way out for shika. He may try to take out shino's bugs first, using his tools, but shino is also a great strategist... not as good as shikamaru, but good enough to beat shikamaru before his bugs are all out.

Btw I'm really happy so many people have posted here, so thanks to all of you!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
matsuro
Special Jonin Candidate

matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.matsuro has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I would love to see that fight. Just to have a look at how Genius Shika would handle being in such a situation. With everything set out like that, I believe Shino has it here, although I am still leaning a bit towards shikamaru. Perhaps it is only because I favor him as a character more than Shino.

R.I.P
matsuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #18
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

Take a look at my avatar. Shikamaru is my favourite character in the series, so its kinda tough to imagine this scenario... well shika is still the genius of the series!!!

Old 08-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
Kakashi11
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by darshen13 View Post
Take a look at my avatar. Shikamaru is my favourite character in the series, so its kinda tough to imagine this scenario... well shika is still the genius of the series!!!
I'm not really one to comment either, have you seen my name

I've Never Used Naruto.

PSN- Knapers
Old 08-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #20
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

Hahahaha "kakashi11"