Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
Samurai
Banned

Samurai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Nagato vs Minato

Location-Final Valley
Mindset-OOC
No Restricitions
Nagato has knowledge of FTG
Minato has knowledge on Rinnegan
Nagato is not crippled and there is no paths and Nagato has all of the best speed and reaction feats from the Paths (get it? so he is as fast and can react as fast as any of the paths would since we don't have Nagato speed feats. )

Nagato and Minato both know they were each trained by Jiryria
Nagato knows Minato is Naruto's father
Minato knows Nagato is an uzumaki

Manga feats for both
Nagato starts on Madara's head
Minato starts on Hashirama's head

Hope this is a debatable one
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Kyo Yasanagi
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kyo Yasanagi is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Nagato vs Minato

Chibaku tensei GG

For those who dont know IM AM MALE NOT FEMALE

Vermillion rage 7 is who i b, jus with a different identity

Storm 3 Best
1:Konan
2:Yagura
3:Kabuto

I'll be gone for awhile sadly
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I dont know when I'll return
Kyo Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
*Reanimated*
Banned

*Reanimated* is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Minato is not going to stand there and watch him
*Reanimated* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Reality has a dark heart coursing with Dark ChakraReality has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

I believe that it could go either way, they both have great skill and techniques, nagato has the gravitational techniques however minato could teleport out of his technique grasp. There are many factors going for each though for one thing minato has shown less techniques than Nagato so in that way we could argue that minato although shown some impressive skills hasnt shown a great deal of his abilities.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality View Post
I believe that it could go either way, they both have great skill and techniques, nagato has the gravitational techniques however minato could teleport out of his technique grasp. There are many factors going for each though for one thing minato has shown less techniques than Nagato so in that way we could argue that minato although shown some impressive skills hasnt shown a great deal of his abilities.
In playing devils advocate, could not one argue Minato's fighting style could not bring more wins than defeat due to his standard rasengans to FTG blitz?

Considering now you have Kyuubi Chakra half in him as well.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #6
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Reality has a dark heart coursing with Dark ChakraReality has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
In playing devils advocate, could not one argue Minato's fighting style could not bring more wins than defeat due to his standard rasengans to FTG blitz?

Considering now you have Kyuubi Chakra half in him as well.

Not sure on what you're trying to convey, considering that the riddled post's you've assembled seems nebulous to me.

No, for the simple reason that the OP did not "SPECIFY" whether or not Bijuu mode is allowed. Simply stating otherwise would make your claim half-assed.

Last edited by Reality; 07-08-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #7
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

If Nagato pulls a Chibaku, he wins (It would pull all Kunai up to the core, so Minato would have less chance of teleporting somewhere else, unless he has knowledge and prep to set Kunai mark somewhere far away, out of the CT reach)
Though seeing how it takes Nagato a while to cast CT, Minato just speed blitzes him.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
-Naruto-
Special Jonin Candidate

-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Not sure on what you're trying to convey, considering that the riddled post's you've assembled seems nebulous to me.

No, for the simple reason that the OP did not "SPECIFY" whether or not Bijuu mode is allowed. Simply stating otherwise would make your claim half-assed.
If he doesn't state if it is, or is not, allowed, and he is saying use manga feats, then it is allowed.
I change my mind. I want to submit a different one.
-Naruto- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Minato's basic style assumed FTG blitz, mark, and repeated rasengans.
What I am also saying is that NAgato's trump cards aren't always used in the beginning.

Unless its specifically restricted people are going to use it. Its always been that way. Forums generally operate that kind of mentality.

So unless he says no then anyone can bring it up and it does say manga feats.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer

Last edited by 321zigzag3; 07-08-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Quote:
Minato's basic style assumed FTG blitz, mark, and repeated rasengans.
What I am also saying is that NAgato's trump cards aren't always used in the beginning.

Unless its specifically restricted people are going to use it. Its always been that way. Forums generally operate that kind of mentality.

So unless he says no then anyone can bring it up and it does say manga feats.
Bijuu mode is simply too haxed. It's common sense to think that it isn't being used for Minato's feats...

Unless the op specifies otherwise.

Not to be harsh or anything, why are you telliing me this irrelevant notion when you have nothing productive to say?

Last edited by Reality; 07-08-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Bijuu mode is simply too haxed. It's common sense to think that it isn't being used for Minato's feats...
Like I said unless its restricted people will bring it up and it did say manga feats.

Regardless of how much of a curbstomping it would entail.

Quote:
Unless the op specifies otherwise.
Which goes both ways but generally unless its restricted people will say it.

For prep however, people generally expect the OP to allow it otherwise no prep is assumed.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 07-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #12
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Quote:
Like I said unless its restricted people will bring it up and it did say manga feats.

Regardless of how much of a curbstomping it would entail.

Which goes both ways but generally unless its restricted people will say it.

For prep however, people generally expect the OP to allow it otherwise no prep is assumed.

With the bijuu mode, Minato would have no problem on trying to kill Nagato before the latter utilizes chibaku tensei, so it would only be normal for it to be restricted... You can't just assume it can be used, as it was never specified.

I'm guessing it's restricted. Normally, when someone makes a match about a character who has a variety of transformations and forms, they will specify on which form they're using.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #13
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
With the bijuu mode, Minato would have no problem on trying to kill Nagato before the latter utilizes chibaku tensei, so it would only be normal for it to be restricted... You can't just assume it can be used, as it was never specified.
Well my earlier post on kunai FTG and Minato blitz works without his chakra mode anyhow.

Just a case how certain fighting style can make a difference.

Not saying it will always work or example Nagato can just shinra tensei the kunai away but Minato's kunai blitz while repetitive its very efficient and easily repeated.

It said all manga feats apply so it would be natural for someone to bring it up. Common sense dictates it would be too much so why mention it but at the same time it works in reverse here. People naturally bring up everything as if it is all game.

And also many people like curbstomping.

Quote:
I'm guessing it's restricted. Normally, when someone makes a match about a character who has a variety of transformations and forms, they will specify on which form they're using.
This is why OP is also very important. But not all OP is specific.

Look at MVC, for example.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 07-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Quote:
Well my earlier post on kunai FTG and Minato blitz works without his chakra mode anyhow.

Just a case how certain fighting style can make a difference.

Not saying it will always work or example Nagato can just shinra tensei the kunai away but Minato's kunai blitz while repetitive its very efficient and easily repeated.

It said all manga feats apply so it would be natural for someone to bring it up. Common sense dictates it would be too much so why mention it but at the same time it works in reverse here. People naturally bring up everything as if it is all game.

And also many people like curbstomping.

This is why OP is also very important. But not all OP is specific.

Look at MVC, for example.

It can go both waty;

I will clearly say this, Minato might be able to win if he places the seals without Nagato realizing that they've been displaced around the location in which they're fighting. Although that wouldn't be too plausible, as Nagato's rinnegan is adept at noticing any details that would appear invisible to the naked eye.

Nagato wouldn't be able to touch or hit him, Nagato's power are great of course, but it was never shown that he can deal with characters who are quick on their feet.

If Nagato uses shinra tensei, and Minato marks Nagato before the latter utilizes shinra tensei, no way could he perform shinra tensei, besides Minato's s/t tech is fast enough to rip him apart. It would not be easy to deal with Minato's strength, actually he has some more seal jutsus, probably ftg lvl 3, other summoning creatures. Minato can use his ftg over 50 times, that's enough to deal with Nagato.

Minato might have trouble winning this. Nagato has a counter to everything Minato has. He has Shinra Tensei to deal with Minato's S/T Ninjutsu. A fatal Shinra Tensei would repel Minato right when Minato appears in Nagato's field of vision (which Nagato can foresee with his sensing) could be the end of Minato. Linked vision removes the element of surprise, as we saw when he grabbed Killer B. Preta path will be able to deal with Rasengan, and Animal path to deal with the Gamatrio. For any and all physical attacks (in case that S/T doesn't work), he has the Asura weaponry.

Meanwhile, Minato has a whole host of extremely destructive techniques to deal with. He won't be able to avoid CT or CST unless he has some seals placed very far away from the battlefield. Cerberus will be a major threat to him as well as any summons, should he choose to use them. He's also got Gedo Mazo to play with.

Honestly, all Minato can really do is run at this point. If Chou Shinra Tensei, Gedo Mazo or Chibaku Tensei come out, it's an instant win for Nagato. He's simply playing in a different league here, and Minato can't keep up. That is not to say Minato is not top tier; Nagato is simply in a tier above if we go by what we currently know about the two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope, not entirely. It's nonsensical to think so. When an OP doesn't specify on which version of the character he is using (given that the character has got many transformations) anyone can speculate on any version he will want to use. Besides, Bijuu Minato has hardly any feats, which puts more weighting into my argument, compared to yours, which does not...

Whether or not people like curbstomps, is stupendously irrelevant.

I don't know why you're bringing this up. It's commonsense to think that Bijuu mode Minato is restricted considering that the op never specified so... how is this at all, relevant?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Reality; 07-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

FTG al over tag Nagato. Chibaku Tensai, he lets his guard down. Teleport with big Ras and GG.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #16
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

If you could actually read the OP you would read 'no restrictions' which wouldve spared you a few textwalls.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #17
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
If you could actually read the OP you would read 'no restrictions' which wouldve spared you a few textwalls.
Wow, my mistake there... totally missed that.

The "Text walls" were not exclusively referring to whether or not it is restricted
Old 07-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #18
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

Oh I guess we could say he uses Bijuu mode to speed Nagato also.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #19
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
Oh I guess we could say he uses Bijuu mode to speed Nagato also.
This ^
Old 07-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #20
Kananda
Chunin Exam Participant

Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

First it was Itachi vs Minato in the polls with Itachi winning.

Now it's Nagato vs Minato!

What is this
Kananda is offline   Reply With Quote