Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #41
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Speed Tier Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Except for the fact that it doesn't show him doing any of those things.

The entire page shows him seeing it, stopping and summoning. For all everyone knows, he stopped where he already was.

'5 hand seals and blood'

No one in the history of this series has used hand seals for a summoning since the first summoning to happen in it.

It doesn't show him using any, therefore there isn't proof he did. He bit his thumb and high fived the ground. that's it

Distance in this entire chapter is completely ridiculous anyway. Except for the times when it's 'zoomed out' it looks like there no more than a couple hundred feet apart, when realistically, they are far more than that.

Hashirama didn't outrun sh!t, he saw it and summoned, that's it.
It shows him turn around and noticing it, dude. Then he runs and turns around, also shown. Well, signs are not shown, but he did bite and use the summoning move.
The distance when he noticed the bomb was fairly small, but when he used Rashomon he was far in front of the bomb...
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #42
Nigoyukai
Chunin Exam Participant

Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nigoyukai is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

> Kakashi be pegged down too slow.
> nagato (and by Nagato, I hope you mean Deva Pain) is bumped up a little too high.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #43
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

What 'bout KCM Minato? FTL with pure speed troll?
Old 06-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #44
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Devils Lawyer DERP HERP.
Let me ask you. If Hashirama can outrun a Biju dama, right? why did he even bother summoning Rashamon? why not just out run it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
konoha chimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #45
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Axel saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to Axel Send a message via Skype™ to Axel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
It shows him turn around and noticing it, dude. Then he runs and turns around, also shown. Well, signs are not shown, but he did bite and use the summoning move.
The distance when he noticed the bomb was fairly small, but when he used Rashomon he was far in front of the bomb...
It doesn't show him running any further than he already was, It shows him seeing it, then stopping. That's it. Nothing of him continuing to outrun it.

And even summoning, considering who he is it's likely that he summoned it fast enough to not matter.

Everything considering, if you look at the zoomed out picture of after it hit the rashoumon, the first door looks like it's at the halfway point between Madara and where Hasi would be at the summoning.

when it shows him running, the bomb is halfway between Madara and Hasi.

Therefore, given what's actually been seen of Hasi's combat speed, he simply stopped and summoned, didn't move, didn't outrun. and like I said, the way distance is shown in close up pictures of the fight is screwy. They don't look like they're more than a couple hundred feet away at any given time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phred killa extraordinaire in da house y'all

-
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #46
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konoha chimp View Post
Precisely Hashirama did not outrun a bijudama at all. It's just DL pulling 'feats' out his ass as per.
Yes, he did.

Chapter 621, page 8

Bijuu bomb is thrown against him. Bijuu bomb is right behind him.

Hashirama seems to be running away from it.

Madara says something.

Hashirama turns around.

He bites his thumb.

He summons 5 Rashomon Gates.

Chapter 621 page 9

Bijuu bomb is still behind all the Rashomon gates!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

OMG PEOPLE reaction speed is NOT movement speed. Just stop.

I can react to a car travelling at me at 80mph. Does that mean I can now run 80mph?

Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #48
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Quote:

I can react to a car travelling at me at 80mph. Does that mean I can now run 80mph?
ITT, yes!

-
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #49
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
Yes, he did.

Chapter 621, page 8

Bijuu bomb is thrown against him. Bijuu bomb is right behind him.

Hashirama seems to be running away from it.

Madara says something.

Hashirama turns around.

He bites his thumb.

He summons 5 Rashomon Gates.

Chapter 621 page 9

Bijuu bomb is still behind all the Rashomon gates!!!
^Pretty much this. The fact that the distance between Hashirama and the bomb was WAY LONGER when he used the Gates than when he spotted the bomb , shows us that he DID run forward to make the distance longer and give himself time to turn around and use the Gates.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #50
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

OMG the sounds of anal pain. There is literally a panel of him running with the bijuudama on the same path. That was not reaction speed. Secondly only idiots dont know that reaction speed dominates movement speed in combat.

Like I told you there is cream for your pains.

Lol at trying to downplay that scene that depicts everything from start to finish.

Last edited by Devils Lawyer; 06-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #51
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
^Pretty much this. The fact that the distance between Hashirama and the bomb was WAY LONGER when he used the Gates than when he spotted the bomb , shows us that he DID run forward to make the distance longer and give himself time to turn around and use the Gates.
So then that means, when Hasirama summons the Buddha statue and he looks almost face to face with the kyuubi, he really is. then him and the buddha statue magically teleports back like a thousand feet, amirite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
OMG the sounds of anal pain. There is literally a panel of him running with the bijuudama on the same path. That was not reaction speed. Secondly only idiots dont know that reaction speed dominates movement speed in combat.

Like I told you there is creqm for your pains.

Lol at trying to downplay that scene that depicts everything from start to finish.
Yes, a single pannel of him already running and noticing. Then he reacts in the next one, stopping running then summoning. no show of him continuing to move after seeing it.

All he does is react to it, there is nothing showing him still running for any period of time after.

Therefore, this:

"Everything considering, if you look at the zoomed out picture of after it hit the rashoumon, the first door looks like it's at the halfway point between Madara and where Hasi would be at the summoning.

Therefore, given what's actually been seen of Hasi's reaction time, he simply stopped and summoned, didn't move, didn't outrun. and like I said, the way distance is shown in close up pictures of the fight is screwy. They don't look like they're more than a couple hundred feet away at any given time when in reality they are 4 or 5 times that distance away"

-

Last edited by Axel; 06-25-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: fuckin edits
Old 06-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #52
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

WOOOW so because he ran on the same panel as the Bijudama you have came to the conclusion that he was out running it? then what logical reason did he have for summoning Rashamon. Why not be like "lolno I'll out run it instead of summoning something I don't need to summon DERP"
Oooh right so reaction speed dominates now does it? So does Hashirama's reaction speed suggest that he can move faster than KCM Naruto? oh that's right it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimomo View Post
-The speeds of each character should be based on manga combat footspeed and quickness.
Quickness: "the relative speed of progress"

Unless the OP states the specific of what he means by quickness there's no reason to suggest reaction speed is even a variable here. Unless he means quickness based on reaction which isn't specified.

Ya.. no your reaction speed is invalid. But it's ok atleast you know where to find the cream

as soon as the OP specifies reaction speed I will bow down gladly. This could all be because I simply mis-interpreted the relative term of 'quickness' in which case I would neither be wrong or right.

Last edited by konoha chimp; 06-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #53
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

No Sage Kabuto?

He dodged Susano'o Arrows which from what we saw in the last few chapters is faster then a Rasenshuriken. He pretty much overwhelmed Itachi and Sasuke before getting hit with Izanami.

Sagepain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #54
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
So then that means, when Hasirama summons the Buddha statue and he looks almost face to face with the kyuubi, he really is. then him and the buddha statue magically teleports back like a thousand feet, amirite?

Yes, a single pannel of him already running and noticing. Then he reacts in the next one, stopping running then summoning. no show of him continuing to move after seeing it.

All he does is react to it, there is nothing showing him still running for any period of time after.

Therefore, this:

"Everything considering, if you look at the zoomed out picture of after it hit the rashoumon, the first door looks like it's at the halfway point between Madara and where Hasi would be at the summoning.

Therefore, given what's actually been seen of Hasi's reaction time, he simply stopped and summoned, didn't move, didn't outrun. and like I said, the way distance is shown in close up pictures of the fight is screwy. They don't look like they're more than a couple hundred feet away at any given time when in reality they are 4 or 5 times that distance away"
You are missing the point when Hashirama turns around to face Bijuu bomb. The ground is made in that while he turned around he grinded the ground.

That would only happen if he was running away and not if he was standing!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #55
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

The ground was 'grinded' because he was landing after being in mid air. See the page where he uses kuchiyose.

Hashirama jumped before the Panel where the kyuubi charges his TBB. And stays in mid-air until the panel where he 'grinds' the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
621 pg 8-11
Just looks like he turned around and used kuchiyose. Reaction feat at most not a speed feat.

Besides hashirama being that fast wouldnt even make sense.
A blitzed the crap out of madara.

This so called feat would make hashirama faster then A casually which would mean madara shouldve gotten destroyed before he could even do anything.

Besides you see hashirama in mid air the same page he used kuchiyose how would he be outrunning anything?

He was in Mid air and landed. then used kuchiyose. Not anything else. Cant even spot a panel where hashirama 'ran'.

Besides we dont even know the timeframe of the bijuu dama reaching the other cost. Ofcourse it will not be hours. But we cant judge it without that can we?

Please point me the panel where he was 'running'

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes

Last edited by BMC1994; 06-25-2013 at 02:22 PM.
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #56
Axel
Apprentice Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
You are missing the point when Hashirama turns around to face Bijuu bomb. The ground is made in that while he turned around he grinded the ground.

That would only happen if he was running away and not if he was standing!!!
You guys, really miss the point on just about everything.

So his feet ground on the dirt when he stopped?

That may be simply due to the fact that, idk, he was PREVIOUSLY running. Hashirama was running prior to the bomb being shot, and/or seeing it coming for him.

He saw it, hit the ground, summoned Rashoumon.

He didn't 'outrun' sh*t, He reacted, where he was.

If the weakest defense you can bring up is skidding, then GG, Jack.

-
Old 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #57
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

You know, while he's standing in place and reacting to it, as you say, the bomb is still moving...how didn't it get to him and hit him while he was doing all that ?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #58
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

This is how I see this:

And WUT part is what makes me side with Hashirama. That is the image in my head.
FML right? LOL

If he hadn't made the distance longer the TBB would've hit him.

Last edited by Maruko; 06-25-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #59
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I would make a paint picture but lazy

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #60
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I edited. If he hadn't done that WUT part, the TBB would've hit him. It takes time for the Gates to appear, too. Maybe a second. My image at least. I don't care anymore.