Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #61
Nixu Hyuga
Apprentice Genin
 
Nixu Hyuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Village Hidden in the Caverns
Posts: 170
Rep Power: 5
Nixu Hyuga is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananda View Post
That was "reaction timing", not physical foot speed. That was all mental insight which is what I said sharingan gives him.

@ Nixu Hyuga I disagree that Hidan is a one trick pony. His bloodlust technique isn't what makes him strong. He was mopping the floor with Asuma and Shikamaru before he went into that form. He goes into that mode only to finish off his opponents, but before that he fought Asuma very skilfully. He fought Asuma and Chiriku, two of the most powerful fire nation shinobi alone.. not to mention that he pushed Kakashi to his absolute limits WHICH in fact it was stated that Kakashi could only barely dodge thanks to his sharingan. That is enough proof that sharingan gave Kakashi the luxury of evasiveness. Kakuzu said it himself. Hidan is actually a very strong S rank shinobi even without his bloodlust since he pushed 3 of the strongest fire shinobi to their limits. His taijutsu prowess alone was enough to beat them, the immortality/bloodlust technique was just a bonus addition to make him Akatsuki worth and unbelievably over powered, but somehow people don't seem to get that just because he seems weak compared to Kakuzu. Hidan is a really good fighter even without his abilities, so everyone can just stop right now with the assumption that he is a one trick pony. In close range battle, Itachi will be equally as pressured as Kakashi at least, except that he has no sharingan for hax reflexes. Hidan even landed a surprise blow on Asuma, who was a close ranged fighting expert. Itachi is great, but his taijutsu is not equivalent to Hidan, Asuma or even Kakashi. Itachi isn't a god.. he can be pressured in battle too, especially without sharingan.
The only reason why I call him a one-trick pony is that he only uses the scythe and his ritual. He hasn't shown any knowledge or abilities in ninjutsu, genjutsu, barrier jutsu, sealing jutsu, tracking, sensing, medical jutsu etc. If he isn't a one-trick pony, who is?

"Mopping the floor with" isn't the phrase I'd use. He barely scratched Asuma with a surprise attack only because Asuma had to defend Shikamaru and the others. At the end of the day, he had to be saved by Kakuzu.

He didn't fight Chiriku alone; Kakuzu fought with him. The only thing we know is that he was finished off by Hidan's ritual. It's possible that Kakuzu did most of the work. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, anime feats cannot be used in the Battlegrounds unless stated by the OP.

When Kakashi was stating he was being pressured, he was also being attacked by three of Kakuzu's masks in addition to Hidan. He also quite easily gave Hidan and the masks the slip by using a simple shadow clone. If it was just Hidan, I doubt it would have been nearly as challenging. Saying he was pushed to his absolute limits is just plain wrong. Because of plot, Kakshi didn't just put raiton chakra into his kunai or Kamui Hidan's head off for a second time.

In fact, saying he beat them is wrong as well. He has lost to them multiple times:
-He got decapitated by Asuma after Shikamaru captured him.
-He was captured in Shikamaru's Shadow Shuriken Jutsu and had no way of freeing himself. If Kakuzu hadn't been there, he'd be taken out by Ino-Shika-Cho trio or Kakashi.
-He was easily tricked by Kakshi into thinking he had been taken down when it was really a shadow clone.
-He was captured single-handedly by Shikamaru and forced into the woods away from Kakuzu.
-He was tricked into destroying his partner's main heart.
-When it all comes down to it, he was killed by a single chunin.
Does it still look like he beat them? I hope not. Any type of "victory" he has ever had was because of Kakuzu.

Don't you mean, "Hidan is a really good fighter, even without his ability." He only has one: the ritual. The only ways he ever kills people is with the scythe or the ritual. He has nothing else going for him. He's not that smart at all. And what do you mean by me assuming he's a one-trick pony. I'm not assuming anything. I'm giving the actual facts. He only has one jutsu. How is someone with one jutsu not a one-trick pony?

Again, Kakashi wasn't pressured until he had to deal with the masks AND Hidan, so I don't think Itachi has to have so called "hax reflexes".

Saying that Itachi's taijutsu isn't as good as Hidan's, Asuma's, or Kakashi's is borderline delusional. Itachi has trumped or matched the taijutsu skill of Sasuke, KM Naruto, and Kakashi among others. Kakashi and Itachi are really close in taijutsu level. Asuma is not even in his league in taijutsu. Hidan has only been shown fighting with his scythe, but it is safe to say they are about equal.

I never said Itachi was a god, and I know he can be pressured. All I'm saying is that Hidan is a joke compared to Itachi, even without sharingan. He arguably beats him at every level of shinobi ability.




Last edited by Nixu Hyuga; 06-13-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Nixu Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #62
Hokage-Yondaime
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Hokage-Yondaime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: The Village Hidden In The Volcano
Posts: 776
Rep Power: 5
Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

I'm just gonna do quick thing but.. Itachi is just to damn smart for Hidan he could put Hidan in genjutsu and leave him there... But Hidan likes pain so maybe... Will it kill him?!?! Ama will be very hurt ful and you can't get blood from Sasuno so I give it to Itachi. Maybe Izanmi will work on Hidan too.
Hokage-Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #63
Nixu Hyuga
Apprentice Genin
 
Nixu Hyuga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Village Hidden in the Caverns
Posts: 170
Rep Power: 5
Nixu Hyuga is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokage-Yondaime View Post
I'm just gonna do quick thing but.. Itachi is just to damn smart for Hidan he could put Hidan in genjutsu and leave him there... But Hidan likes pain so maybe... Will it kill him?!?! Ama will be very hurt ful and you can't get blood from Sasuno so I give it to Itachi. Maybe Izanmi will work on Hidan too.
If Itachi had all of his abilities, Hidan wouldn't have even a 1% chance for victory. The Itachi that is fighting in this thread doesn't have his sharingan activated, so no precognition, jutsu copying (which is pointless against Hidan anyway), ocular genjutsu, Izanami, or MS techniques(Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, or Susano'o). Even so, he has enough abilities and intelligence to take Hidan out.
Nixu Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #64
Kananda
Chunin Exam Participant
 
Kananda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sand Village
Posts: 603
Rep Power: 4
Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixu Hyuga View Post
The only reason why I call him a one-trick pony is that he only uses the scythe and his ritual. He hasn't shown any knowledge or abilities in ninjutsu, genjutsu, barrier jutsu, sealing jutsu, tracking, sensing, medical jutsu etc. If he isn't a one-trick pony, who is?

"Mopping the floor with" isn't the phrase I'd use. He barely scratched Asuma with a surprise attack only because Asuma had to defend Shikamaru and the others. At the end of the day, he had to be saved by Kakuzu.

He didn't fight Chiriku alone; Kakuzu fought with him. The only thing we know is that he was finished off by Hidan's ritual. It's possible that Kakuzu did most of the work. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, anime feats cannot be used in the Battlegrounds unless stated by the OP.

When Kakashi was stating he was being pressured, he was also being attacked by three of Kakuzu's masks in addition to Hidan. He also quite easily gave Hidan and the masks the slip by using a simple shadow clone. If it was just Hidan, I doubt it would have been nearly as challenging. Saying he was pushed to his absolute limits is just plain wrong. Because of plot, Kakshi didn't just put raiton chakra into his kunai or Kamui Hidan's head off for a second time.

In fact, saying he beat them is wrong as well. He has lost to them multiple times:
-He got decapitated by Asuma after Shikamaru captured him.
-He was captured in Shikamaru's Shadow Shuriken Jutsu and had no way of freeing himself. If Kakuzu hadn't been there, he'd be taken out by Ino-Shika-Cho trio or Kakashi.
-He was easily tricked by Kakshi into thinking he had been taken down when it was really a shadow clone.
-He was captured single-handedly by Shikamaru and forced into the woods away from Kakuzu.
-He was tricked into destroying his partner's main heart.
-When it all comes down to it, he was killed by a single chunin.
Does it still look like he beat them? I hope not. Any type of "victory" he has ever had was because of Kakuzu.

Don't you mean, "Hidan is a really good fighter, even without his ability." He only has one: the ritual. The only ways he ever kills people is with the scythe or the ritual. He has nothing else going for him. He's not that smart at all. And what do you mean by me assuming he's a one-trick pony. I'm not assuming anything. I'm giving the actual facts. He only has one jutsu. How is someone with one jutsu not a one-trick pony?

Again, Kakashi wasn't pressured until he had to deal with the masks AND Hidan, so I don't think Itachi has to have so called "hax reflexes".

Saying that Itachi's taijutsu isn't as good as Hidan's, Asuma's, or Kakashi's is borderline delusional. Itachi has trumped or matched the taijutsu skill of Sasuke, KM Naruto, and Kakashi among others. Kakashi and Itachi are really close in taijutsu level. Asuma is not even in his league in taijutsu. Hidan has only been shown fighting with his scythe, but it is safe to say they are about equal.

I never said Itachi was a god, and I know he can be pressured. All I'm saying is that Hidan is a joke compared to Itachi, even without sharingan. He arguably beats him at every level of shinobi ability.



You're right about him not knowing a wide range of jutsus, cause Kishi himself said that Hidan was rushed. But with his crazy ability and taijutsu skills I still believe that he is strong enough.

I think you saw that Hidan vs Asuma fight the wrong way. Shikamaru said that he was giving Asuma the advantage with his shadow techniques and it was the only reason why Asuma was holding his own. Shikamaru was definitely making it harder for Hidan to fight like him and Asuma said, so Asuma was going all out. Just as you say the raiton was merely "plot", I'd like to say that Shikamaru's brand new sudden shadow bind technique was also plot armor, which is the only reason why they captured Hidan and were able to decapitate him. Also, Hidan was playing around and underestimating them as Kakuzu said, so he could have killed Asuma's whole team if he wanted to.

Hidan actually did fight Chiriku alone; after they were knocked back by his jutsu Hidan told Kakuzu not to interfere and charged at Chiriku again alone. Based on the fight with Asuma, Kakuzu is very respectful to Hidan's wishes to fight alone and even let him be decapitated. After the fight ended, Kakuzu didn't even have a scratch on him and was reading an artifact so this all strongly suggests that Hidan did fight alone.

I agree that the masks were what made it challenging, but Hidan alone was still enough to make him back off. Also, without the sharingan I doubt he could have even handled Hidan without a prep strategy. Even Kakuzu was impressed that Kakashi made that shadow clone, and it also managed to trick Deidara's bombs. In other words and as claimed by Naruto, Kakashi has nearly the intelligence of Shikamaru, except that Kakashi is more cunning during battle because of his experience. In a sense, you can say that Kakashi is just as smart as Itachi in combat, except that Kakashi makes do with what he's got whereas Itachi relies on his genjutsu every time.

Now for your points:
- He was decapitated with WIND chakra after he was binded by Shikamaru's newest and most powerful binding technique he has ever shown purely for plot and an actual way to stop Hidan. Wind chakra is sharper than any blade as Asuma said, so wind chakra alone is capable of decapitating someone easily, not that it matters without being binded first in Hidan's case. In other words.. Kakashi's raiton cannot decapitate someone.

- Like I said, it was a brand new plot armor jutsu that was created on the spot cause there was no other way of stopping Hidan. Assuming that the trio or Kakashi could have taken himself out is an assumption but I do agree that the trio counters Hidan.

- Kakuzu was also impressed, who has had decades of battle experience. Then Kakuzu praised him as sharingan Kakashi and that he was able to think that far ahead. Kakashi is even smarter than Shikamaru during battle.

- Shikamaru, the smartest person in Narutoverse had days to think of this strategy. Of course anything would work thanks to plot. Hidan didn't resist cause he underestimated Shikamaru, and would have easily killed him if he didn't prep his own forest. That plan would have tricked basically anyone, so there's no point in saying that Hidan was "dumb" enough to fall for Kakashi or Shikamaru's trick, seeing as those two are the smartest of Konoha.

- He was tricked in stabbing his own partner's heart? That was a brilliant plan devised by the smartest shinobi alive, chuunin or not. Asuma said he could definitely be Hokage and Shikamaru said he was too lazy to be a Jonin. He is far beyond the average Chuunin, seeing as even the Hokage herself calls upon him to devise strategies. Shikamaru really went to his limits thinking of such a strategy and even Kakashi or Itachi would have fell for it. Saying Hidan is dumb is pointless.

You are claiming that Itachi's weakness is better than Hidan's strength, purely because you say Hidan is a joke. Hidan being a joke is delusional, and only because Kishi rushed his character. Feat wise, he is still a very capable S rank shinobi. We are practically arguing that Itachi surpasses Hidan in close combat naturally, which I completely disagree on. However, Hidan has immortality and bloodlust which just multiplied his chances of winning anyway. Itachi has no way of decapitating or immobilizing Hidan for long and you are assuming that Hidan is going to stand there like a derp taking all of Itachi's hits. Hidan has only been hit when bound by Shikamaru.. once with Kotetsu and Izumo, once with Asuma to decapitate him and once right before he dies. He has never been hit unless first bound, because he avoided everything they had. Without a bind, Itachi does not have a high chance at all to hit him, which if he does will not kill him anyway.
Kananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #65
Hiei
Veteran Chunin
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,355
Rep Power: 9
Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
That was "reaction timing", not physical foot speed. That was all mental insight which is what I said sharingan gives him.
He moved from point a to point b faster than Nagato could realize. He kept up a spar with Killer Bee and Naruto as well. You can't write all of that off as reaction time...
Hiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #66
topchef
Banned
 
topchef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,492
Rep Power: 0
topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiei View Post
He moved from point a to point b faster than Nagato could realize. He kept up a spar with Killer Bee and Naruto as well. You can't write all of that off as reaction time...
All he did was rely on gengutsu the entire fight and fooled bee with a crow gengutsu. He didn't keep up with them in speed.
topchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #67
Hiei
Veteran Chunin
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,355
Rep Power: 9
Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hiei is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Chapter 549: Page 6. Itachi sparring with Naruto, page 5 he nearly blitzes Bee and Naruto from above, but Nagato screamed out his position and warned them.

Chapter 549: Page 7 : Bee attacks Itachi while he's fight Naruto, Itachi dodges Samehada and Naruto at the same time and bounces out of range.

Chapter 551: Page 8: Summons susanoo, frees KB and Naruto from Nagato's grasp, and simultaneously launches 9 kunai into the eyes of the soul sucker.

Chapter 580: Page 16: Kabuto is in slither Sage Mode, moves incredibly fast. Itachi moves faster, cuts off his horn with a sword.

Seriously, if you think Hidan is as fast as Sage Mode Kabuto, just quit Naruto ever.
Hiei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #68
Gentlefist
Super Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 0
Gentlefist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananda View Post
You're right about him not knowing a wide range of jutsus, cause Kishi himself said that Hidan was rushed. But with his crazy ability and taijutsu skills I still believe that he is strong enough.

I think you saw that Hidan vs Asuma fight the wrong way. Shikamaru said that he was giving Asuma the advantage with his shadow techniques and it was the only reason why Asuma was holding his own. Shikamaru was definitely making it harder for Hidan to fight like him and Asuma said, so Asuma was going all out. Just as you say the raiton was merely "plot", I'd like to say that Shikamaru's brand new sudden shadow bind technique was also plot armor, which is the only reason why they captured Hidan and were able to decapitate him. Also, Hidan was playing around and underestimating them as Kakuzu said, so he could have killed Asuma's whole team if he wanted to.

Hidan actually did fight Chiriku alone; after they were knocked back by his jutsu Hidan told Kakuzu not to interfere and charged at Chiriku again alone. Based on the fight with Asuma, Kakuzu is very respectful to Hidan's wishes to fight alone and even let him be decapitated. After the fight ended, Kakuzu didn't even have a scratch on him and was reading an artifact so this all strongly suggests that Hidan did fight alone.

I agree that the masks were what made it challenging, but Hidan alone was still enough to make him back off. Also, without the sharingan I doubt he could have even handled Hidan without a prep strategy. Even Kakuzu was impressed that Kakashi made that shadow clone, and it also managed to trick Deidara's bombs. In other words and as claimed by Naruto, Kakashi has nearly the intelligence of Shikamaru, except that Kakashi is more cunning during battle because of his experience. In a sense, you can say that Kakashi is just as smart as Itachi in combat, except that Kakashi makes do with what he's got whereas Itachi relies on his genjutsu every time.

Now for your points:
- He was decapitated with WIND chakra after he was binded by Shikamaru's newest and most powerful binding technique he has ever shown purely for plot and an actual way to stop Hidan. Wind chakra is sharper than any blade as Asuma said, so wind chakra alone is capable of decapitating someone easily, not that it matters without being binded first in Hidan's case. In other words.. Kakashi's raiton cannot decapitate someone.

- Like I said, it was a brand new plot armor jutsu that was created on the spot cause there was no other way of stopping Hidan. Assuming that the trio or Kakashi could have taken himself out is an assumption but I do agree that the trio counters Hidan.

- Kakuzu was also impressed, who has had decades of battle experience. Then Kakuzu praised him as sharingan Kakashi and that he was able to think that far ahead. Kakashi is even smarter than Shikamaru during battle.

- Shikamaru, the smartest person in Narutoverse had days to think of this strategy. Of course anything would work thanks to plot. Hidan didn't resist cause he underestimated Shikamaru, and would have easily killed him if he didn't prep his own forest. That plan would have tricked basically anyone, so there's no point in saying that Hidan was "dumb" enough to fall for Kakashi or Shikamaru's trick, seeing as those two are the smartest of Konoha.

- He was tricked in stabbing his own partner's heart? That was a brilliant plan devised by the smartest shinobi alive, chuunin or not. Asuma said he could definitely be Hokage and Shikamaru said he was too lazy to be a Jonin. He is far beyond the average Chuunin, seeing as even the Hokage herself calls upon him to devise strategies. Shikamaru really went to his limits thinking of such a strategy and even Kakashi or Itachi would have fell for it. Saying Hidan is dumb is pointless.

You are claiming that Itachi's weakness is better than Hidan's strength, purely because you say Hidan is a joke. Hidan being a joke is delusional, and only because Kishi rushed his character. Feat wise, he is still a very capable S rank shinobi. We are practically arguing that Itachi surpasses Hidan in close combat naturally, which I completely disagree on. However, Hidan has immortality and bloodlust which just multiplied his chances of winning anyway. Itachi has no way of decapitating or immobilizing Hidan for long and you are assuming that Hidan is going to stand there like a derp taking all of Itachi's hits. Hidan has only been hit when bound by Shikamaru.. once with Kotetsu and Izumo, once with Asuma to decapitate him and once right before he dies. He has never been hit unless first bound, because he avoided everything they had. Without a bind, Itachi does not have a high chance at all to hit him, which if he does will not kill him anyway.
That's all well and good but how does hidan counter finger genjutsu
Gentlefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #69
Gentlefist
Super Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 0
Gentlefist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananda View Post
Itachi is not physically fast.. he was only able to react quickly cause of Sharingan, hence his quick thinking and reacting image. On foot, Akatsuki members are all fast, especially Hidan. Orochimaru himself said that Itachi's impressive kunai training was due to the SHARINGAN. So I take it back about him being skilled; it's simply the sharingan that gives him such great insight. Hidan fights in close combat all the time, so he is far more experience than Itachi in that field, not to mention that his abilities compliment close range attacks.

[Edit] Hidan is obsessed with enduring pain, so no psychological damage will happen to him.. Hidan will laugh his pain off and wait for Itachi to run out of chakra Itachi has chakra limits.. he could never use too much of his "arsenal" in one fight. He has no destructive blows capable of immobilizing Hidan and without prep like Shikamaru, even his intelligence cannot counter Hidan. Unless you are saying that Shikamaru is dumber than Itachi?

Hidan will not lose by being outsmarted without PREP, and he can sustain anything Itachi throws at him without sharingan hax. Asuma needed WIND chakra blades to decapitate him. Itachi cannot decapitate or immobilize Hidan, especially when Shikamaru needed his ultimate surprise plot bind plus wind chakra for it. Hidan has shown great stamina feats unlike Itachi, so will wear Itachi out.
You are it ignoring this

1-Hidan is not getting blood with Itachi speed
2-Itachi can damage Hidan from afar with katon
3-Itachi tricks and damages Hidan with clones
4-Itachi casts finger genjtusu on Hidan
5-Itachi is not going to sit and watch while Hidan does his ritual


^why hidan can't win!!


Sharigan has nothing to do with speed !

Jut cuz you can react to something does not mean you can dodge it

Finger genjutsu GG
Gentlefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #70
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

So first now Hidan blitzes Sasori, he can also blitz konan.

Next we are discussing that Hidan overwhelm Itachi in speed?

What the heck is going on here?

Let's remove the fact that Hidan can't blitz Sasori or Konan unless you want argue direct close quarters combat, but even we are debating about Itachi?
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #71
topchef
Banned
 
topchef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,492
Rep Power: 0
topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
So first now Hidan blitzes Sasori, he can also blitz konan.

Next we are discussing that Hidan overwhelm Itachi in speed?

What the heck is going on here?

Let's remove the fact that Hidan can't blitz Sasori or Konan unless you want argue direct close quarters combat, but even we are debating about Itachi?
Why do you find it hard to believe that Hidan can blitz Konan? She's the physically weakest in the Akatsuki and she has no speed feats.
topchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #72
Gentlefist
Super Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 0
Gentlefist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Actually sasori are physically the weakest. Puppetmaster a hate close up fights.

Why are you so obsessed with hidan? Why do you like him so much? What's your deal with him. I am honestly kindly wanting to know.

Konan kept up with tobi. And fought in a weakened state

Chp:509 konan soared into the sky in about 1-2 panels
Gentlefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #73
-Naruto-
Special Jonin Candidate
 
-Naruto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,591
Rep Power: 15
-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.-Naruto- completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

About Kakashi's Lightning Blade not being able to decapitate Hidan.

Naruto chapter 595, pages 16-18
Spoiler:
Kakashi later demonstrated the ability to imbue a projectile weapon, such as a kunai, with his Lightning Cutter, granting the technique long-range capabilities. In this instance, the kunai was capable of piercing through multiple large rocks with ease, without any loss of momentum or change in trajectory.


Naruto chapter 114, page 3
Spoiler:
According to Might Guy, it gained its name after Kakashi split a bolt of lightning with it.
-Naruto- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #74
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchef View Post
Why do you find it hard to believe that Hidan can blitz Konan? She's the physically weakest in the Akatsuki and she has no speed feats.
You have to be much much faster and also depending on distance to blitz someone.

Konan was able to counter and observe Tobi's warping and intangibility after all with sudden influx of paper explosive tags.

And his warping takes a very short time to do.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #75
Gentlefist
Super Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 0
Gentlefist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

^ right and if I may add on

Tobi was only instantly able to close the distance when she was in critical condition
Gentlefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #76
Edyl
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Close
Posts: 2,256
Rep Power: 10
Edyl completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Edyl completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

You still haven't provided any speed feats to counter the idea that Itachi is faster.
Edyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #77
topchef
Banned
 
topchef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,492
Rep Power: 0
topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
You have to be much much faster and also depending on distance to blitz someone.

Konan was able to counter and observe Tobi's warping and intangibility after all with sudden influx of paper explosive tags.

And his warping takes a very short time to do.
I agree with the distance part but that feat doesn't put Konan on Hidan's level of speed and reflexes. I also don't recall Tobi's teleporting to be instant. It swirls him until he's completely gone. Not saying its slow but it isn't that fast.
topchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #78
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9,236
Rep Power: 18
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Tobi's teleporting isn't instant buts very fast implied in relative sense such as when he warped Gai's weapons immediately before KCM Naruto could get him.

Konan is a mid to long range attacks plus being paper Hidan doesn't have ways to harm her.
__________________
Also known as 321zigzag1.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia


Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #79
Gentlefist
Super Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 178
Rep Power: 0
Gentlefist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchef View Post
I agree with the distance part but that feat doesn't put Konan on Hidan's level of speed and reflexes. I also don't recall Tobi's teleporting to be instant. It swirls him until he's completely gone. Not saying its slow but it isn't that fast.
Ignored again I c

If you responded to my post you would hve known that obito only blitzed her when she was in a weakened state
Gentlefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #80
Edyl
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Close
Posts: 2,256
Rep Power: 10
Edyl completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Edyl completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Default Re: Itachi vs Hidan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananda View Post
That was "reaction timing", not physical foot speed. That was all mental insight which is what I said sharingan gives him.

@ Nixu Hyuga I disagree that Hidan is a one trick pony. His bloodlust technique isn't what makes him strong. He was mopping the floor with Asuma and Shikamaru before he went into that form. He goes into that mode only to finish off his opponents, but before that he fought Asuma very skilfully. He fought Asuma and Chiriku, two of the most powerful fire nation shinobi alone.. not to mention that he pushed Kakashi to his absolute limits WHICH in fact it was stated that Kakashi could only barely dodge thanks to his sharingan. That is enough proof that sharingan gave Kakashi the luxury of evasiveness. Kakuzu said it himself. Hidan is actually a very strong S rank shinobi even without his bloodlust since he pushed 3 of the strongest fire shinobi to their limits. His taijutsu prowess alone was enough to beat them, the immortality/bloodlust technique was just a bonus addition to make him Akatsuki worth and unbelievably over powered, but somehow people don't seem to get that just because he seems weak compared to Kakuzu. Hidan is a really good fighter even without his abilities, so everyone can just stop right now with the assumption that he is a one trick pony. In close range battle, Itachi will be equally as pressured as Kakashi at least, except that he has no sharingan for hax reflexes. Hidan even landed a surprise blow on Asuma, who was a close ranged fighting expert. Itachi is great, but his taijutsu is not equivalent to Hidan, Asuma or even Kakashi. Itachi isn't a god.. he can be pressured in battle too, especially without sharingan.
Hidan literally has no speed feats at all.

To dodge you need more than just reaction time, you also need actual physical speed. Someone might see a punch coming, but to actually dodge it requires speed. Itachi's speed feats show that he can dodge things that are very fast. Itachi was able to mob the floor with Killer Bee in close range combat. To say that Itachi has no close range combat prowess is just silly. Itachi was also able to kick Sasuke into a wall during their battle. The wall had a large crater in it from the kick. Saying that Itachi has weak taijutsu is just simply wrong. Sure, Itachi might rely on his sharingan a lot, but who wouldn't use such a great power when it is at his or her disposal? This doesn't mean that his other skills are diminished.

The speed factor literally obliterates Hidan. If Hidan can't get Itachi, then he has no way of winning since all of his offense is based on taijutsu.

Also, it was also said that Hidan has one of the slowest attacking speeds of all of the akatsuki. How does he expect to even touch Itachi. Hidan may have some movement speed feats (Though this has yet to be shown in this thread), he has literally nothing when it comes to attacking speed. It would be as if a 100m olympic sprinter had a punch that took 10 seconds. Sure the sprinter could close the distance between him and his target, but he wouldn't be able to attack for crap.

I am sorry, but Hidan is one of the worst akatsuki members if not the worst. HE IS A ONE TRICK PONY. All he has is some above average taijutsu and his blood link skill. That is the definition of a one trick pony. He doesn't have a wide arsenal of skills like Sasuke or kakashi.

And for crying out loud, NOBODY HAS COUNTERED THE FINGER GENJUTSU ARGUMENT. Itachi has genjutsu outside of his tsukoyomi. The finger genjutsu one shots Hidan.
Edyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hidan, itachi


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.