Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: WHo would win?
Guy 7 53.85%
Konan 6 46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret
Default Guy vs Konan

Chimp says Guy I say Konan.

1 days prep
full knowledge
starting distance 100 metres
in character
all manga and anime stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Souret; 06-28-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Guy vs Konan

Gai blitzmurders.
Come at me.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Does one day prep mean automatic Moses?

I know the next person is probably gonna say "Speedblitz GG. Guy iz 2 fast."

EDIT: Damn, Marko, I meant to post that before you.
But, question. When Konan is hit, does she scatter into paper like Suigetsu with water?
But otherwise, you're pretty much right.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Mangetsu Hozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

We don't know how much it took Konan to prep Moses, iirc.
But it surely takes more than a day to prep millions of paper bombs. Gai be blitzin'.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

she said she had been planning for a week I thought giving her moses was a little too much so I reduced the prep so she couldn't do full moses only smaller.

Speed wise he still can't get into the air

Old 06-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Guy...Konan...Guy...Konan...

My instincts say Guy, so I may be voting Guy... Just how far do you think Guy will go on opening the gates to bring Konan down?

Perhaps Guy.

Some people see me as an embodiment of hell, an embodiment of reality, or an embodiment of truth. Pick your poison.
Hakuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

And tbh I'm not sure how guy fights tiny bits of paper if she splits up in time (which she most likely would since if they are in character guy doesn't tend to think that well)

Old 06-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

With a day's prep, I'd say paper bombs fly at Guy as he's a-blitzin'.
But can Guy block or dodge them if he's fast enough...?

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret View Post
she said she had been planning for a week I thought giving her moses was a little too much so I reduced the prep so she couldn't do full moses only smaller.

Speed wise he still can't get into the air
She hasn't been seen using a smaller type of Moses, so....nope.

And he doesn't have to fly to get her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetsu Hozuki View Post
With a day's prep, I'd say paper bombs fly at Guy as he's a-blitzin'.
But can Guy block or dodge them if he's fast enough...?
He punches air so fast he burns the atmosphere. Ain't that speed?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Can he move faster than thought? Konan reacted pretty fast to Tobi, and we've only seen the 4th doing that.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Guy can easily create enough friction to set her on fire (when she uses her paper jutsu) and outclasses her speedwise.

Last edited by CoolerThanIce; 06-28-2013 at 01:45 PM.
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

That's what I was thinking, too, and then I had the revelation said above. The faster Guy moves, the faster he ethsplodes.

But I still think Guy could win.

I think the real question is: Can he react fast enough to get around the bombs? Keep in mind that this isn't dependent on combat speed, but in thought-processing speed. Will Guy recognize the threat fast enough? The more he moves, the less clear his vision is, also.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes

Last edited by Mangetsu Hozuki; 06-28-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Can he move faster than thought? Konan reacted pretty fast to Tobi, and we've only seen the 4th doing that.
Konan reacted to Tobi? I thought Tobi was one reacting to her. Yes, he had precog, but Konan was attack in that case, in this case, Gai will attack and she will have to react.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerThanIce View Post
Guy can easily create enough friction to set her on fire (when she uses her paper jutsu) and outclasses her speedwise.
If he enters gates....Hirudora? lol.
Ciao, Konan.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Konan reacted to Tobi? I thought Tobi was one reacting to her. Yes, he had precog, but Konan was attack in that case, in this case, Gai will attack and she will have to react.

If he enters gates....Hirudora? lol.
Ciao, Konan.
Yes, and it's also called Daytime Tiger (in english).

CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

@Marko: Notice that the paper bombs only become active after Tobi grabs her. Since he had precog, than he would have noticed if they were there before.
Konan would only have to react by thinking.
And it looks like your very fond of the word "ciao".

But Guy doesn't even have to move to Konan. Daytime Tiger pretty much seals it.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #16
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
@Marko: Notice that the paper bombs only become active after Tobi grabs her. Since he had precog, than he would have noticed if they were there before.
Konan would only have to react by thinking.

But Guy doesn't even have to move to Konan. Daytime Tiger pretty much seals it.
You realize that Konan wanted to take down Obito and heself at the same time? She wanted to be grabbed so that Obito becomes solid to suck her in. And while he's solid, she activates the bomb to hurt him. It can't work unless he's solid and he's solid only while he's sucking stuff in. It was a suicide move by Konan. Like a bomber terrorist.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

No, I think the plan was to let Obito suck the bombs in. But I don't think she planned on suicide from the beginning. Otherwise, she wouldn't have gone Moses.
I think the paper bombs were to counter Tobi's abilities.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 06-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
No, I think the plan was to let Obito suck the bombs in. But I don't think she planned on suicide from the beginning. Otherwise, she wouldn't have gone Moses.
I think the paper bombs were to counter Tobi's abilities.
Moses was her last resort. She wanted to take down Obito, and the way to make him solid is to give him a chance to suck her in. I think she left that opening in the papers so that he could grab her. Then when he did, boom-> paper bombs.

But you know... /izanagi

Still, Gai's speed > Obito's speed. And we've went off topic. Why are we talking about Obito vs Konan?
Old 06-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

I don't think she let Tobi grab her on purpose. No way.

Obito vs. Konan was to show you the speed of thought. But my point still stands. The bombs weren't primed until after Tobi grabbed her.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 06-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

And he grabbed her because she wanted him to grab her. That's my point.