Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #101
topchef
Banned

topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Itachi vs Gaara

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
says the guy who threatened to rape kids because he got verbally destroyed

seriously do you not understand how incredibly stupid and reprehensible what you said is?
I was never verbally destroyed. I wasn't being serious. You're obviously mad that I'm still on this forum. Cry more wuss.
topchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #102
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchef View Post
I was never verbally destroyed. I wasn't being serious. You're obviously mad that I'm still on this forum. Cry more wuss.
You don't even have the right to flame after what you've done, don't cover your ass just because you're not winning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #103
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I was never verbally destroyed.
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people

Quote:
I wasn't being serious
because that makes it all better right slick?

Quote:
You're obviously mad that I'm still on this forum. Cry more wuss.
you don't belong here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #104
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people

because that makes it all better right slick?

you don't belong here
I bet his cheeks are turning red while he is pounding his fist on the keyboard in a resort to win.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #105
topchef
Banned

topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
Wow, he said that too?
Go watch adventure time or something kid. You're irrelevant.
topchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #106
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I bet his cheeks are turning red while he is pounding his fist on the keyboard in a resort to win.
epic meltdown he had

any way back on topic

not sure what Itachi can do unless he hits him with everything he has right off the bat

Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #107
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Quote:
Go watch adventure time or something kid. You're irrelevant.
So is your BG skills.

Quote:
epic meltdown he had

any way back on topic

not sure what Itachi can do unless he hits him with everything he has right off the bat
Yeah, true, what about Gaara's Boob Shield?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #108
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
So is your BG skills.

Yeah, true, what about Gaara's Boob Shield?
Is this healthy Itachi as in without disease?

Then really as long Gaara doesn't make too much as a desert I don't see how he will win in the win.

Itachi's Totsuka is the real gamebreaker if Gaara doesn't make a bunshin or just goes there with a sand ball inside.

Itachi has to keep moving though, however he should be able to outspeed Gaara's sand as fast that already is. Vast majority of characters aren't dodging Gaara's sand esepcially depending on distance.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
321zigzag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #109
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
a much younger healthier Uchiha almost died using suso and ama for extended periods of time

Itachi did end up dying due to prolonged use of both

healthy just buys him more time

Old 05-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #110
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Quote:
a much younger healthier Uchiha almost died using suso and ama for extended periods of time

Tryhard kinda flammed me a bit ago, look at his last post.

And if it's younger Itachi, Gaara might get stomped.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #111
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
For ten minutes of using Susanoo. He also used "Tsukiyomi", plus additional Amaterasu

Quote:
He used
Shadow Clone, two fireballs, genjutsu

Amaterasu twice, Tsukiyomi, plus Susanoo while diseased and dying and then had enough for Transcript Amaterasu Seal

Quote:
Which is more than enough based on the amount Itachi can use when dying, as long Gaara doesn't make desert worths of sand and Itachi is known to end things quick.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-21-2013, 03:21 AM   #112
erndogzetroc
Genin

erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

The Immortal Watchdog: Jinchuriki of his mom's enormous boobs

Sir Michael: Boob shield easily blocks Totsuka sword

...aaaaannd /thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
We never learned how much chakra Izanami took, but as it last after Itachi left the world, one imagines he can at least use it. Nothing Gaara can do to that.
Izanami won't really drain much of Itachi's chakra since it only takes a normal sharingan to activate-- and we know Itachi spams normal sharingan all day. Also, sharingan based genjutsu generally doesn't take a lot of chakra to pull off-- the caveat with Izanami though is they go blind. I'm thinking the creators of Izanagi-Izanami placed a jutsu that forever seals the sharingan to discourage the Uchiha from using and abusing it. Makes sense to me..

Quote:
Although, Itachi died many times to get it to work on Kabuto, but Itachi only needs to dodge sand attacks, which shouldn't be that hard in cased in Susano'o. Are we assuming Itachi is not dying like he was when fighting Sasuke?
I doubt Susano'o dodges large scale sand tsunamis'. Mobility is not its strong suit. Eventually, Itachi will be forced to come out of Susano'o and use his base skills to dodge. Without the Susano'o and its' main MS techs, Itachi is left with his fire jutsus and ninja tools.

Quote:
Neither was Kabuto, but it was insta kill anyway.
Not sure Izanami works on a righteous hero like Gaara. As I'd already mentioned in one of my posts, there are certain conditions that need to be met for Izanami to take place, and in this case they are not met. Izanami was created to correct Izanagi and against a guy like Gaara who has already conquered his demons, and has no regrets, I highly doubt Izanami will have any impact on him.

Quote:
Per OP, Itachi is non-edo therefore chakra management is crucial to him. He is healthy though, but still, it doesn't mean he can spam MS attacks. His attacks will eventually yield diminishing returns. Not that it matters anyway- Itachi has no counter for Gaara's large scale offense. His only chance is if he can sustain Susano'o long enough and attack with yasaka beads. But I don't think Susano'o withstands Gaara's constant barrage. Don't forget that Gaara can pull him out from underneath Susano'o too.

Quote:
Itachi has to keep moving though, however he should be able to outspeed Gaara's sand as fast that already is. Vast majority of characters aren't dodging Gaara's sand esepcially depending on distance.
No way Itachi outspeeds Gaara's sand. The only way he can keep up is if he's at base. For how long he keeps up, we don't know. Gaara intercepting a raiton infused drop kick from across the hall shows you how fast his sand is.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #113
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Izanami won't really drain much of Itachi's chakra since it only takes a normal sharingan to activate-- and we know Itachi spams normal sharingan all day. Also, sharingan based genjutsu generally doesn't take a lot of chakra to pull off-- the caveat with Izanami though is they go blind. I'm thinking the creators of Izanagi-Izanami placed a jutsu that forever seals the sharingan to discourage the Uchiha from using and abusing it. Makes sense to me..
You're saying that the one who made Izanagi and Izanami changed the DNA of all Uchihas so that their Kekkei Genkai would seal itself after utilizing a forbidden jutsu?
Seems legit.
Quote:
I doubt Susano'o dodges large scale sand tsunamis'. Mobility is not its strong suit. Eventually, Itachi will be forced to come out of Susano'o and use his base skills to dodge. Without the Susano'o and its' main MS techs, Itachi is left with his fire jutsus and ninja tools.
Susano'o is very mobile in Madara's case lol

And Itachi in part 1 almost feinted after using 2 Tsukuyomis, one Amaterasu and a few clones against Kakashi, Jiraiya etc.

He has low chakra reserves.

He either one shots with genjutsu, or I don't know what happens.

I wish I could use Itachi > Deidara > Gaara logic
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #114
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by erndogzetroc View Post
Per OP, Itachi is non-edo therefore chakra management is crucial to him. He is healthy though, but still, it doesn't mean he can spam MS attacks.
He can do more than 4 MS at least casually and considering he even used Shadow Clone even before he used any MS.

Quote:
His attacks will eventually yield diminishing returns. Not that it matters anyway- Itachi has no counter for Gaara's large scale offense.
This depends on how much sand Gaara has. The faster the opponent the more trouble.

Quote:
His only chance is if he can sustain Susano'o long enough and attack with yasaka beads. But I don't think Susano'o withstands Gaara's constant barrage. Don't forget that Gaara can pull him out from underneath Susano'o too.
Gaara's only chance is to bury Susanoo with Itachi and hope that it was the real one. You could argue sand underneath could sink it as well.

Also Gaara only pulled him out because Onoki made all the sand much lighter.

Now Gaara can make a mini-desert really quickly but it still takes a bit of time.

Quote:
No way Itachi outspeeds Gaara's sand.
He kept up with RM Naruto clone, and SM Kabuto.

Quote:
The only way he can keep up is if he's at base. For how long he keeps up, we don't know. Gaara intercepting a raiton infused drop kick from across the hall shows you how fast his sand is.
So 2nd Mizukage Clone is now faster than Raikage? No.
Doesn't mean most can dodge it though but few minority can depending on distance.

Even Madara dodged Gaara's high speed sand. Granted it makes MAdara quite fast.

Now I know what I you mean. Some people dismissed it as because Raikage was falling and gravity took over.
THe problem is that authors in mangas don't always follow that rule like when Asura Path intercepted Raikiri pointblank.

But I guess they do sometimes or even go opposite, and I have seen that before.

and also Gaara in raikage situation was away observing, a little different from direct combat.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #115
erndogzetroc
Genin

erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Zig, pretty late to the party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
You're saying that the one who made Izanagi and Izanami changed the DNA of all Uchihas so that their Kekkei Genkai would seal itself after utilizing a forbidden jutsu?
Seems legit.
Yep. For all you know, it was SO6P who invented Izanagi (probably not) and a group of Uchiha elders created Izanami to cancel it. Pure conjecture but deeply rooted in events and Kishi logic. No one really knows why they go blind-- though one things for sure, the seal is there to limit usage of such jutsu. Come to think of it, it's basic Darwinian transmutation of species that's at work here-- Ancient Uchiha collectively decided to limit Izanagi-Izanami and through basic DNA transmutation, passed on the genetic code (or in narutoverse terms, "seal") onto the next generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
And Itachi in part 1 almost feinted after using 2 Tsukuyomis, one Amaterasu and a few clones against Kakashi, Jiraiya etc.
He has low chakra reserves.
He either one shots with genjutsu, or I don't know what happens.
If you're not being sarcastic, my answer is it's more due to low stamina (probably caused by his mysterious sickness) that he couldn't sustain his Mangekyo Sharingan. Him being able to spam multiple MS attacks against Sasuke is more due to plot device-- enabling Sasuke to grow and learn. Basic Shonen law actually.

Quote:
He can do more than 4 MS at least casually and considering he even used Shadow Clone even before he used any MS.
PNJ asspull.

Quote:
This depends on how much sand Gaara has. The faster the opponent the more trouble.
This is per the OP:

Conditions
Prep: 10mins.
Location: Amador County California which is famous for its natural beauty and gold deposits.
Distance: 50 meters with a 20 ft. stream of flowing river in the middle separating them.

LOTSA sand

Quote:
Gaara's only chance is to bury Susanoo with Itachi and hope that it was the real one. You could argue sand underneath could sink it as well.
Also Gaara only pulled him out because Onoki made all the sand much lighter.
Onoki made the sand lighter to equalize Madara's otherworldly reaction speed-- no way Onoki can predict Gaara's next move. Gaara can probably pull off the same feat with regular sand. Just like Onoki can't read Gaara's next move, Itachi won't be able to either. They don't have precog.

Quote:
Now Gaara can make a mini-desert really quickly but it still takes a bit of time.
He kept up with RM Naruto clone, and SM Kabuto.
I wouldn't take the fight with Naruto at face value. Naruto was questioning rather than fighting. Good point on Kabuto but that was close quarters. Itachi with Susano'o and Totsuka is dangerous at short distance. Location is in a giant sandbox more suited to large scale attacks. Itachi being able to keep up with SM Kabuto means nothing against sand tsunamis and giant pyramids (Btw, as I'd explained in another thread, merely "keeping up" with a speedster doesn't necessarily mean he's as fast as said speedster. It just shows exceptional battle IQ and reaction speed. With those 2 qualities, anyone can survive an initial blitz in the Naruto world).

Quote:
Some people dismissed it as because Raikage was falling and gravity took over.
THe problem is that authors in mangas don't always follow that rule like when Asura Path intercepted Raikiri pointblank.
But I guess they do sometimes or even go opposite, and I have seen that before.
and also Gaara in raikage situation was away observing, a little different from direct combat.
Actually, the reason I brought that up is to explain to another poster here that Gaara can block Amaterasu and laid out the conditions in which Gaara's sand neutralizes Amaterasu by explaining to him that it can be done by simple iteration- check it out, it's very informative (pg4 or 5). He's adamant that Gaara cannot block it because he hasn't shown he can block it to which I replied, plot events prevented them from actually facing each other, hence this debate.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #116
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

@Izanagi/nami
You think that the person who made the move wanted it to have side effect?
People don't do that, lol. They aim for hax, not weakness in a move.
(sage didn't invent Izanagi, he had no Sharingan)
I think it's just the side effect caused by the power of the move, it's a reality warping haxx of a move. You take you give.

For every action there is reaction. When you punch something, the same force is applied to your hand.

Naruto invented RS, it damages the user, too, simply because it's too OP.

And it's just plot move to forbid the mindless spam, btw.

And, no hard feelings, lol.

Last edited by Maruko; 05-21-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #117
erndogzetroc
Genin

^Perhaps. Who knows, I was just attempting to wax poetic the possible reasoning behind the side effect. Energy balance principle would only apply if there is considerable chakra drain but in the case of Izanami, there is almost none (that's probably why it can be activated by a regular Sharingan and not limited by the severe chakra drain that comes with the Mangekyo Sharingan. EMS though for some reason operates outside energy balance laws. ....damn Kishi). Btw I was also joking about the SO6P inventing Izanagi hence the "probably not" disclaimer. You are right though about spammage prevention. It's plot induced. Same reason applies to the 5min time limit imposed on a lot of abilities in the Naruto world.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #118
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by erndogzetroc View Post
Zig, pretty late to the party?
It just got started.

Quote:
PNJ asspull.
Nope. You can't just say its PNJ when there is no precedent in the past to say otherwise.

Quote:
Conditions
Quote:
Prep: 10mins.
Location: Amador County California which is famous for its natural beauty and gold deposits.
Distance: 50 meters with a 20 ft. stream of flowing river in the middle separating them.

LOTSA sand
Oh I see Prep 10 minutes. Well thats that. But that also goes for Itachi too, although dependin on how Gaara does it. Because Itachi is very perceptive and make clones very fast Itachi has the chance of victory in the initial stages. Prolonged battle will make it another pseudo desert which we don't need but Itachi should be fast enough.

Take in mind SUsanoo could still break through tsunami depending on said size and strength I suppose.

Quote:
Onoki made the sand lighter to equalize Madara's otherworldly reaction speed-- no way Onoki can predict Gaara's next move. Gaara can probably pull off the same feat with regular sand. Just like Onoki can't read Gaara's next move, Itachi won't be able to either. They don't have precog.
Maybe Onoki did make the sand lighter for that purpose but Gaara also got the idea for to use it that way. So it goes both ways.

Quote:
I wouldn't take the fight with Naruto at face value. Naruto was questioning rather than fighting.
True RM Naruto was more interested in questioning, but shows prowess regardless.

Quote:
(Btw, as I'd explained in another thread, merely "keeping up" with a speedster doesn't necessarily mean he's as fast as said speedster. It just shows exceptional battle IQ and reaction speed. With those 2 qualities, anyone can survive an initial blitz in the Naruto world).
You still need enough combat speed within enough. So while yours is true it does not suddenly detract negatively that much.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #119
erndogzetroc
Genin

Quote:

1. Oh I see Prep 10 minutes. Well thats that. <snip>

2. Maybe Onoki did make the sand lighter for that purpose but Gaara also got the idea for to use it that way. So it goes both ways.

3. True RM Naruto was more interested in questioning, but shows prowess regardless.

4. You still need enough combat speed within enough. So while yours is true it does not suddenly detract negatively that much.
1. Agree. 2. Agree. 3. Agree. 4. Agree.

World Peace.

/thread

Last edited by erndogzetroc; 05-24-2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Gaara wins.
erndogzetroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erndogzetroc is awesome, gaara, itachi, kisame