Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi vs Gaara

Gaara's never been proven to be smarter than Naruto. The only thing Gaara does is manipulate sand he actually doesn't show any strategic value whatsoever. Everything you said in that line is garbage.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #22
erndogzetroc
Genin

erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.erndogzetroc finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Wow I forgot I made this thread.

OP states 10min prep. I don't think prep benefits Itachi in any way. Come to think of it, I shouldn't have included prep to make it a little more even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara-Shukaku View Post
You do know that Gaara's sand is natureless? it isn't an earth chakra nature.
And all Itachi has to do is point at Gaara or use Tsukuyomi.
How is sand natureless? It's of the earth. The way in which Gaara manipulates sand is not earth style (This is probably what you meant by "natureless"), but is attributed more to his chakra control. He infuses it with his own chakra and is able to move it, shape it, do his bidding, etc. If there's no sand, he's able to extract the chemical compounds (silica, quartz, etc.) from the earth to make sand. When I said Amaterasu can be countered with earth, I meant to say that of which make up earth's surface-- I should've been more clear I'm sorry.

Also, don't forget that the location has an abundance of gold deposits which could potentially make Gaara's defensive and offensive attacks even more powerful.

About the finger genjutsu- as far as I know, it's weak and can be broken by using chakra-heavy abilities (e.g. sand tsunami) or by disrupting chakra flow. I'm sure given that Gaara is kage level with superior chakra control, he breaks out of it the moment he realizes he's under the spell. He's not Naruto who's infamous for having zero constitution against genjutsu, pre-kurama. All this is moot anyway because I don't think Gaara gets caught in genjutsu given he can just block field of vision with his sand as DL already pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenrust View Post
I'm gonna say itachi and here's why. If they start off the battle standing 50 meters apart before gaara can completely get in the air itachi can put him in a finger genjutsu because even if he had knowledge he wouldn't be able to stop itachi from pointing at him.
You still have to look at the finger to get caught which was exactly what Naruto did! See my response above.

As an aside, the mechanism in which finger genjutsu is activated was never really explained. I doubt even Kishi knows. It could be the same method in which someone who doesn't have sharingan (Kuranai) activates genjutsu, or it could be invisible chakra strings that attach to your head enabling Itachi to control the chakra flow in your brain. Who knows? He'll never use it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenrust View Post
Now the battle could be over there however lets say he has a way to break the genjutsu (Despite naruto with a larger chakra pool and taught by pervy sage couldn't.) itachi could have used that time to close some distance even if he couldn't move while gaara was in the genjutsu because breaking it requires him to pause and while he's trying to get up to fly itachi could have closed the distance and moved into makeyo.
Current Gaara > Pre-pein Naruto in chakra control. I'd take a guy who can manipulate sand on a molecular level over a guy who needs a clone to form a rasengan. Not that I think Gaara is more powerful than Naruto (no one is besides dead people).

With 10min prep, Gaara extracts gold dusts from the deposits and fuses it with his sand. He'll be cognizant of the stream of water bisecting the land and he'll be aware of Itachi's suiton. Sand funeral, pyramid, tsunami, bullets, absolute defense, and flight is too much for Itachi's Susano'o.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Gaara's never been proven to be smarter than Naruto. The only thing Gaara does is manipulate sand he actually doesn't show any strategic value whatsoever. Everything you said in that line is garbage.
Somewhat true. Gaara is just a lot more gentlemanly, hence giving people the impression that he's smarter than he actually is lol.

Last edited by erndogzetroc; 05-19-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Removed Gaara wins /thread.. Itachi putting up a fight!
erndogzetroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #23
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

1) How do you know the range limit of his genjutsu?
2) Maybe eye contact can be stopped, but he can't stop being pointed at.
3) I was stating it, because looking at a few peoples arguments, it didn't seem like people knew.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #24
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
1) How do you know the range limit of his genjutsu?
2) Maybe eye contact can be stopped, but he can't stop being pointed at.
3) I was stating it, because looking at a few peoples arguments, it didn't seem like people knew.
1) we go by what has been shown. To prevent 'itachi lolfingenjutsus people from 10 km'.
2) Im pretty sure gaara has to look at his finger for it to work. Its an visual genjutsu only instead of the eyes activating it his finger does it.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #25
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

It is a natural reflex to look at someone if they point at you though.
I never meant that the range would be that far.
Itachi can turn into crows and fly away, for the people who keep bringing up Sand Tsunami.
Gaara doesn't need to look at Itachi to do it, so you visualise with your fingers?
Very doubtful.

Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

Old 05-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #26
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

I don't think finger is a visual genjutsu, but iirc Itachi said the jutsu started when Naruto looked at this finger, so...it does work in a visual way.
People forget that there are more genjutus types besides ocular...
It's just brain chakra disruption.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #27
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

It's decided Garra wins
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #28
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Gaara wins against Itachi? What the hell?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #29
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Awards Showcase

That is exactly what I was thinking Marko.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #30
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Thought we already confirmed this....

But genjutsu is his only/main way of winning and Garra will soar into the air and not look at itachi.

Sand spam from above
Old 05-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #31
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Awards Showcase

Itachi has speed, intelligence, Strength and Jutsu above Gaara's level.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #32
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Narutoverse has reached a new level, lol....
Old 05-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #33
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Awards Showcase

Itachi could use water style, to make Gaara's sand a lot more chakra consuming which lowers his battle endurance. If Gaara takes to the sky, then Ephemeral. GG.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #34
Kishimomo
Genin

Kishimomo has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kishimomo has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kishimomo has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
Thought we already confirmed this....

But genjutsu is his only/main way of winning and Garra will soar into the air and not look at itachi.

Sand spam from above

What in the he......

Gaara can't even defend himself from Itachi's basic taijutsu let alone genjutsu, or Itachi's MS techniques.

Itachi stomps Gaara, then proceeds to stomp Kisame.

Last edited by Kishimomo; 05-19-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Kishimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #35
PrinceofPeace
Banned

What speed? Itachi's speed does not surpass the speed of garra's sand. Unless you think itachi is faster than Amaterasu or Ay

What ninjutsu beats his sand defense? Sand catches Amaterasu and susanoo does nothing with Garra high in the air

Just because your smarter does not mean you will win

Itachi physical strength is useless to his sand

When has itachi used water style without a water source

@^the guy who post in red

Lol lol lol you really think itachi's taijutsu is on Guy's level? How is his taijutsu going to get past sand? Also Garra closes his eyes to shield from genjutsu

@^above poster
Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #36
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!

Awards Showcase

If Gaara keeps his eyes closed, to avoid Genjutsu. How is he going to wield his sand effectively? Best he could do is spam in a ditch attempt to get him, but Itachi can turn into crows and fly way up in the sky.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #37
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Gaara wins against Itachi? What the hell?
Why not.

Quote:
Itachi has speed, intelligence, Strength and Jutsu above Gaara's level.
in order.

speed: Doesnt matter gaara can fly.
intelligence : still cant fly
strenght: itachis wont be bruce leeing in the air because he cant fly hence gaara is out of reach of most if not all of itachis tricks.
jutsu: gaara could summon frikin deserts as a genin. So no.

Quote:
Itachi could use water style, to make Gaara's sand a lot more chakra consuming which lowers his battle endurance. If Gaara takes to the sky, then Ephemeral. GG.
No he cant.

How about gaara doesnt even look at itachi creates a sand shell around him like he did when he fought deidara and takes it to the sky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimomo View Post
What in the he......

Gaara can't even defend himself from Itachi's basic taijutsu let alone genjutsu, or Itachi's MS techniques.

Itachi stomps Gaara, then proceeds to stomp Kisame.
Gaaras sand tanked A's guilotine kick/drop. Itachi isnt even going to tickle gaara.

Ms:

Tsukuyomi: requires eyecontact which gaara does not need especially with that floating third eye of his.

Amaterasu: gaara sand has lolblocked it before wont be different this time

Susanoo: cant fly , and gaara was able to pull madara out of his susanoo. So its pretty much useless here.

Totsuka: Out of reach cause flight

Magatama: gaara managed to tank deidaras bombs/ and the mizukage waterbomb not really comparable but i doubt magatama will break gaaras sand shield.

Gaara can just enter his sand shell. Lolfly and laugh at itachi till itachi dies of exhaustion. Or just bury him under a desert of sand because there is nothing itachi can do about gaara grinding some extra sand.

Edit:

all i can see itachi doing would be izanami.

But sabaku soso is easier and faster.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Yes

Last edited by BMC1994; 05-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #38
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Thanks BMC
Old 05-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #39
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Aren't you banned from Sharingan topics, pop? O.o

This thread:

Old 05-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #40
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Yes pop you still are and you arent really helping your case when you just ignore us and post in them anyway.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes

Tags
erndogzetroc is awesome, gaara, itachi, kisame