Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
topchef
Banned

topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Kakuzu vs Kisame in arm wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
That doesn't mean that his strength has increased at all.
It would be the equivalent to sharpening a knife. Of course it will cut through something more easily right after it has been sharpened.
You're not making sense. How is punching down a huge iron gate that's locked after using iron skin on your arm not considered strength enhance? I highly doubt Kakuzu could have done that with base strength because if he was that strong in base he would have easily broke Ino and Choji's neck when he was strangling them.

Its a hand not a knife. His finger tips aren't sharp. Iron skin gives him strength enhance.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #22
Kananda
Chunin Exam Participant

Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

We can't know for sure.. but I'd say kicking someone through a large tree and breaking down the strongest gate in Narutoverse is a better raw power feat than Kisame has shown. Even Jinchuuriki power would have trouble breaking down that gate and Kakuzu did it effortlessly.

We still don't know if he actually used Iron Skin to kick Chouji through a tree so he could still be really strong.. but taking away Kakuzu's Iron Skin is like taking away Kisame's chakra.. then probably still Kakuzu for having 90+ years exp in strength training

Last edited by Kananda; 05-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
topchef
Banned

topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananda View Post
We can't know for sure.. but I'd say kicking someone through a large tree and breaking down the strongest gate in Narutoverse is a better raw power feat than Kisame has shown. Even Jinchuuriki power would have trouble breaking down that gate and Kakuzu did it effortlessly.

We still don't know if he actually used Iron Skin to kick Chouji through a tree so he could still be really strong.. but taking away Kakuzu's Iron Skin is like taking away Kisame's chakra.. then probably still Kakuzu for having 90+ years exp in strength training
I'm arguing that iron skin does indeed enhance strength because he used it on the iron gate.

Also that was base strength he used when he pwned Choji because he didn't even use his hand sign for iron skin.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #24
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchef View Post
You're not making sense. How is punching down a huge iron gate that's locked after using iron skin on your arm not considered strength enhance? I highly doubt Kakuzu could have done that with base strength because if he was that strong in base he would have easily broke Ino and Choji's neck when he was strangling them.

Its a hand not a knife. His finger tips aren't sharp. Iron skin gives him strength enhance.
The technique was made to harden Kakuzu's skin, not to make him stronger. Him having a harder arm is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why he was able to punch the gate. If you were to throw a rubber ball at glass it might not break it. However, if you threw a rock at it, it would most definitely break the glass.

It's not a matter of base strength or not, though. It's more a question of how hard is his arm? If it didn't harden his arm, he would've shattered all of the bones in his arm if he punched the iron at full force.

As for the strangling, I think his intention was to restrain them, not kill them.

I don't think you understand the concept of a metaphor.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
smh Iron Skin doesn't make him physically stronger at all.
And PoP making pretty much baseless assumptions again; what a surprise.
At least much greater impact strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idekal View Post
Well Kisame head clashed with K1 Bee and did't even flinch. I'd say that's strong.
Actually chakra was all gone.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #26
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It was initially used in the series as a defense mechanism.
Additionally, in an arm wrestle, impact strength is not a factor since they're both starting at a stand still and are hardly moving.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #27
Kananda
Chunin Exam Participant

Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hmm.. like Shikamaru said, he might have only increased the density of his arm. Although he had the power to break down the gate, his hand could have been injured.. and I don't recall Kakuzu ever making hand seals for Iron Skin.

Still.. simply kicking Chouji through a tree and breaking down the iron gate are two completely different power feats. This was no ordinary Iron Gate. Kakuzu could already be really strong but even stronger with the iron skin, hence breaking down the gate.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

The kick against Kakashi that made several giant trees fall in the background likely did not have iron skin.

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #29
topchef
Banned

Quote:
The technique was made to harden Kakuzu's skin, not to make him stronger. Him having a harder arm is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why he was able to punch the gate. If you were to throw a rubber ball at glass it might not break it. However, if you threw a rock at it, it would most definitely break the glass.

That's a horrible example and explains nothing and the Naruto wiki even says it not only increases defense but it increases destructive power as well. So it DOES increase strength. I know what im talking about. It was shown to do so. Him getting a strength increase from the technique makes more sense than what youre saying

It's not a matter of base strength or not, though. It's more a question of how hard is his arm? If it didn't harden his arm, he would've shattered all of the bones in his arm if he punched the iron at full force.

As for the strangling, I think his intention was to restrain them, not kill them.

I don't think you understand the concept of a metaphor.
He said "die" as he was strangling them.

Last edited by topchef; 05-08-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #30
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I'm under the impression that you must also think that databooks are accurate when gauging strength and speed. That site is almost purely fan made and is in no way an accurate representation of the technique's strength enhancing capabilities. Impact strength, which Ziggy actually mentioned, is different from physical strength. As far as I'm concerned, you're unable to distinguish the difference between the two. At least I've been able to provide metaphors for you to prove what I'm saying. Your claims were supported by a fan-made site. No, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Chapter and page? Not sure if I remember this. Was this during Kakashi Vs. Kakuzu?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Shikas right. Impact strength =\= physical strength.. Prime example, Sakura

Shikas explanation was actually on point..

I use th wiki for almost every debate but only because they give chapter references

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-08-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
topchef
Banned

Quote:
I'm under the impression that you must also think that databooks are accurate when gauging strength and speed. That site is almost purely fan made and is in no way an accurate representation of the technique's strength enhancing capabilities. Impact strength, which Ziggy actually mentioned, is different from physical strength. As far as I'm concerned, you're unable to distinguish the difference between the two. At least I've been able to provide metaphors for you to prove what I'm saying. Your claims were supported by a fan-made site. No, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Chapter and page? Not sure if I remember this. Was this during Kakashi Vs. Kakuzu?
Like I said before it increases STRENGTH and you just admitted it. Your exact words were "smh, iron skin doesn't enhance strength at all," and then someone basically pointed out that it does now you're trying to act as if I'm wrong and you were right. Stand by what you first instead of trying to talk down on someone. Also everything you said about iron skin is just your dumb assumptions. You clearly don't know about iron skin or Kakuzu so fall back you pretentious moron.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #33
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

The Naruto wiki is actually accurate most of the time, though when it says it increases Kakuzu's destructive power. That doesin't always mean it increases his strength. For having Iron skin the momentum behind his punches will definitely factor into his overall destructive power.

In an Arm wrestle, the Iron skin wouldin't increase his strength as there isin't much movement going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #34
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

Quote:
Like I said before it increases STRENGTH and you just admitted it. Your exact words were "smh, iron skin doesn't enhance strength at all," and then someone basically pointed out that it does now you're trying to act as if I'm wrong and you were right. Stand by what you first instead of trying to talk down on someone. Also everything you said about iron skin is just your dumb assumptions. You clearly don't know about iron skin or Kakuzu so fall back you pretentious moron.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #35
topchef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon61 View Post
Like I give a . Impact strength, physical strength whatever, it increases some type of strength which this dude says it didn't at first

Last edited by topchef; 05-08-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #36
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You better take a seat there man.. Why don't you listen to what he's saying before raging? Iron skin increases the damage done on impact. It doesn't make his muscles any stronger. If you didn't know there's a difference between lifting strength and striking strength.

Shika is 100% right, his strength is not increased, but the destructive power is.
For example... I have a small stick, and I have a hammer. By using a hammer instead of the stick, does that make me stronger?

See this is why I don't insult people in debates.. Cuz if I'm wrong, I'll look like a complete dumbass. Plus I don't need insults

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 05-08-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
topchef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
You better take a seat there man.. Why don't you listen to what he's saying before raging? Iron skin increases the damage done on impact. It doesn't make his muscles any stronger. If you didn't know there's a difference between lifting strength and striking strength.

Shika is 100% right, his strength is not increased, but the destructive power is.
For example... I have a small stick, and I have a hammer. By using a hammer instead of the stick, does that make me stronger?
I don't care that dude
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #38
topchef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon61 View Post
leave him alone. Because
you too buddy.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #39
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

Chill with the f-bombs. Not allowed in any way shape or form

Joon stop instigating

Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #40
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

lol sorry. I'll stop.
Closed Thread

Tags
kakuzu, kisame