Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
Ninjastickman21
Ninja Academy Student
 
Ninjastickman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Under Your Bed
Posts: 33
Rep Power: 3
Ninjastickman21 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Itachi takes down Deidara with amaretsu (if his aim is good enough), then Itachi's susanoo and Garaa's sand coffin would probably kill Jiriya (if he wasn't in SM)
Ninjastickman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
topchef
Banned
 
topchef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,492
Rep Power: 0
topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.topchef has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjastickman21 View Post
Itachi takes down Deidara with amaretsu (if his aim is good enough), then Itachi's susanoo and Garaa's sand coffin would probably kill Jiriya (if he wasn't in SM)
Deidara would wreck Itachi in this scenario. Amaterasu wont hit him when he's in the air on his bird. Even if it did hit which it wouldn't, amaterasu would have to burn through the clay bird before it even gets to Deidara givig Deidara time to jump onto another bird. Gaara's sand can block amaterasu.

Amaterasu isn't even a factor in this fight.
topchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchef View Post
Deidara would wreck Itachi in this scenario. Amaterasu wont hit him when he's in the air on his bird. Even if it did hit which it wouldn't, amaterasu would have to burn through the clay bird before it even gets to Deidara givig Deidara time to jump onto another bird. Gaara's sand can block amaterasu.

Amaterasu isn't even a factor in this fight.

smh
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #24
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Godaime Kazekage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,663
Rep Power: 15
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Itachi and Gaara wreck the opposition. I don't know why some people keep trying to say that flight gives Deidara immunity to Itachi. Gaara can suspend Itachi on his sand and according to hype Gaara is faster than Deidara in the air as Onoki could match Deidara in flight speed and Gaara claimed to be faster than him. Deidara also doesn't have the advantage of PIS in this fight and Gaara will make sure to crush Deidara's head instead of his arm with his sand (which is now faster and stronger than before). Deidara's bombs have no chance of getting through Gaara's defenses (let alone Susano'o) as a weaker version of Gaara was able to stop Deidara's strongest bomb (w/ C0 restricted) using normal desert sand. Assuming Deidara has the time and the inclination to pull out C4, Itachi can see the attack with his Sharingan and Gaara and Itachi can fly out of its range. Also, just because Deidara was training to beat Itachi's genjutsu doesn't mean he can. Tsukuyomi puts the victim through days of torture in the span of one second. By the time Deidara's eye realizes he's been put in genjutsu, it's too late.

As for Jiraiya, Frog Song needs a period of time to take effect and that's not going to be possible for Ma+Pa while they're being harassed by Gaara's sand or burnt to a crisp by Ammy. Jiraiya's oil isn't an effective counter to Gaara's sand here either given the vast amount of sand Gaara can manipulate and the difficulty of hitting him with it while he's airborne. Gaara had trouble with the 2nd Miz because he was literally made out of oil/water making him impossible to crush, Jiraiya isn't. I'd also like to see what Jiraiya has that can get through a Sand+Susano'o combo.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
The Powerup
Apprentice Genin
 
The Powerup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 162
Rep Power: 5
The Powerup saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

C4 Garuda....

Itachi can see it with sharingan but Gaara cant and has no way to evade it.

Jiraya and Deidara are high in the sky. so Gaara is already disintegrated as for itachi who evaded it and if he uses genjutsu Deidara would see through it. so then c3 and fire GG susanoo cant really block that without help from the ( dead ) Gaara if Itachi informs Gaara and he tries to escape with sand Jiraya oil bunta knock out of the sky + Deidaras bombs
The Powerup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #26
joon
Special Jonin Candidate
 
joon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helping someone.
Posts: 18,590
Rep Power: 41
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Itachi knows
Spoiler:
Izanagi, right?

So can't he use that?
__________________
Joonicorn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #27
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godaime Kazekage View Post
Itachi and Gaara wreck the opposition. I don't know why some people keep trying to say that flight gives Deidara immunity to Itachi. Gaara can suspend Itachi on his sand and according to hype Gaara is faster than Deidara in the air as Onoki could match Deidara in flight speed and Gaara claimed to be faster than him. Deidara also doesn't have the advantage of PIS in this fight and Gaara will make sure to crush Deidara's head instead of his arm with his sand (which is now faster and stronger than before). Deidara's bombs have no chance of getting through Gaara's defenses (let alone Susano'o) as a weaker version of Gaara was able to stop Deidara's strongest bomb (w/ C0 restricted) using normal desert sand. Assuming Deidara has the time and the inclination to pull out C4, Itachi can see the attack with his Sharingan and Gaara and Itachi can fly out of its range. Also, just because Deidara was training to beat Itachi's genjutsu doesn't mean he can. Tsukuyomi puts the victim through days of torture in the span of one second. By the time Deidara's eye realizes he's been put in genjutsu, it's too late.

As for Jiraiya, Frog Song needs a period of time to take effect and that's not going to be possible for Ma+Pa while they're being harassed by Gaara's sand or burnt to a crisp by Ammy. Jiraiya's oil isn't an effective counter to Gaara's sand here either given the vast amount of sand Gaara can manipulate and the difficulty of hitting him with it while he's airborne. Gaara had trouble with the 2nd Miz because he was literally made out of oil/water making him impossible to crush, Jiraiya isn't. I'd also like to see what Jiraiya has that can get through a Sand+Susano'o combo.
Stomp thread
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Godaime Kazekage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,663
Rep Power: 15
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Powerup View Post
C4 Garuda....

Itachi can see it with sharingan but Gaara cant and has no way to evade it.

Jiraya and Deidara are high in the sky. so Gaara is already disintegrated as for itachi who evaded it and if he uses genjutsu Deidara would see through it. so then c3 and fire GG susanoo cant really block that without help from the ( dead ) Gaara if Itachi informs Gaara and he tries to escape with sand Jiraya oil bunta knock out of the sky + Deidaras bombs
I see I'll have to repeat myself here. Itachi and Gaara can fly too. Gaara has demonstrated the ability to levitate himself and others on his sand multiple times. As soon as Itachi sees C4 he warns Gaara, this is assuming Gaara doesn't just block/avoid it by going in the eggshell or retreating on his own. C4's range isn't that large. Sasuke avoided it by running away, Gaara could easily fly out of range. Deidara broke out of one generic sharingan genjutsu from Sasuke. Itachi's Tsukuyomi>>>>>>>>Sasuke's genjutsu. Just because Deidara went through training to recognize genjutsu doesn't make him immune to it, especially when Itachi can wreck him in under a second.

As for oil and bombs-that just makes an explosion, which Gaara has already proven himself perfectly capable of containing and I have no doubt Susano'o could withstand as well. And good luck having Gama hit Gaara with oil while he's flying, never mind that Gaara can just use desert sand to block or replace the oiled sand with different sand if he ever gets hit. The amount of sand Gaara can manipulate is incredible. Gama will run out of oil waaaay before Gaara runs out of sand, again assuming Gaara doesn't just crush him or the bones in his legs in a giant Sand Tsunami.

@Joon: Itachi knows of Izanagi. It's unclear if he can actually use it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Godaime Kazekage; 05-12-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

amaterasu off the bat takes care of both of those losers
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #30
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: In the hole
Posts: 6,135
Rep Power: 24
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Deidara gets off c4 they all die. There is no blocking micro level bombs. They have to breathe. Plus neither one are a lightning user. Plus Deidara can just spam c3. Then there is the fact he has jiraiya with him. Sotu can actually cut off Gaara's sand supply if you look at the makeup of the technique.
__________________
Quote:
I sold my soul to the devil: that's a crappy deal
Least it came with a few toys like a Happy Meal
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #31
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

That is IF he can pull off c4
before he does that Itachi hits him with amaterasu
or
Garra takes Itachi into the sky with him and get level with Dediara so the jutsu is out of range

Amatersu is near instant and would hit them before they could pull of their moves.
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Godaime Kazekage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,663
Rep Power: 15
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Deidara gets off c4 they all die. There is no blocking micro level bombs. They have to breathe. Plus neither one are a lightning user. Plus Deidara can just spam c3. Then there is the fact he has jiraiya with him. Sotu can actually cut off Gaara's sand supply if you look at the makeup of the technique.
C4 is not a problem here. Itachi can see it and Sasuke was able to avoid it by running away-Gaara and Itachi can fly. The technique has a fairly limited range and is ground based with Deidara fairly low in the air hovering out of its range. C4 also takes a looong time to pull off. During that time interval he'd be crushed or incinerated.

Since when can Deidara spam C3? Nevermind that both Gaara and Itachi could both easily block it anyway. Jiraiya can't use SoTU on a scale that will be meaningful enough to seriously inhibit Gaara who can also levitate his sand if the situation calls for it.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #33
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: In the hole
Posts: 6,135
Rep Power: 24
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Itachi and Gaara vs Deidara and Jiraya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godaime Kazekage View Post
C4 is not a problem here. Itachi can see it and Sasuke was able to avoid it by running away-Gaara and Itachi can fly. The technique has a fairly limited range and is ground based with Deidara fairly low in the air hovering out of its range. C4 also takes a looong time to pull off. During that time interval he'd be crushed or incinerated.

Since when can Deidara spam C3? Nevermind that both Gaara and Itachi could both easily block it anyway. Jiraiya can't use SoTU on a scale that will be meaningful enough to seriously inhibit Gaara who can also levitate his sand if the situation calls for it.
Sasuke avoided it by using a raiton. Something Itachi can't do. Deidara was shown capable of setting that off at point blank anyways using a clone. Itachi can see it all he wants doesn't mean he can counter it that easily. You would have to abandon the entire battlefield.

Deidara can let off his bombs multiple times if he is fully supplied. The reason he got in trouble against gaara was because he didn't bring enough clay. He hasn't had that problem since then. Deidara is highly skilled and killed off by plot. His attacks are hard to avoid without direct knowledge of his capabilities. He avoided a full blitz from Gaara's, Sasuke, and Kakashi. Using clone substitutions.

That is just Deidara now lets add jiraiya into the equation. With his toad army, swamp tech, and massive stamina. Gaara is the only threat because of his defense. But Deidara has proven he can penetrate it.
__________________
Quote:
I sold my soul to the devil: that's a crappy deal
Least it came with a few toys like a Happy Meal
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.