Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

EternalSasuke completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Post Japanese and Naruto

Translation questions? Culture Questions?
Does anyone have anything they want to ask?

I'll try my best to help!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ

Last edited by EternalSasuke; 07-05-2013 at 06:55 PM.
EternalSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
DemonKato
Chunin Exam Participant

DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via MSN to DemonKato
Default Re: Japanese and Naruto

Ooh i got one.
you know how naruto says believe it in the classic episodes
is it true that what he says in the japanese version (Dattebayo) has no english translation or meaning so they used believe it on the dub?

Mankind's enemy are not Demons, But human beings like themselves

Last edited by DemonKato; 07-05-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
DemonKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

Smile Re: Japanese and Naruto

My siblings and I talk about this one a lot.
It is somewhat true that there is no translation, since Dattebayo is almost like adding an exclamation mark at the end of your sentence.
It does have a meaning though (A rough equivalent translation would be: "I said it!" or "!!" at the end of your sentence)
Dattebayo is a reaffirmation of whatever you just said, making it a fact. (Though it's rather degenerate...Desu is the one that I encourage)

Basically, Naruto saying "Believe it!" Actually does make sense, even though in English it sounds rather strange...

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ

Last edited by EternalSasuke; 07-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Hokage-Yondaime
Chunin Exam Participant

Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Well.. Maybe not. I mean he said "I'm not going to die until I'm hokage, believe it!" So I wouldn't think it strange. And let's say this in Japanese. I really have been practicing for a long time but meh. Correct me if you want
これは、日本語を話すために私のスキルです
Hokage-Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
DemonKato
Chunin Exam Participant

DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via MSN to DemonKato

Thats cool

Very detailed reply aswell so thanks,you know if you never would of made this thread i would have probably never known that bit of naruto trivia so 2 thumbs up

Mankind's enemy are not Demons, But human beings like themselves

DemonKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Hokage-Yondaime
Chunin Exam Participant

Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hokage-Yondaime finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

You're Welcome and Eternal. I'm going to add you to my contact and friend list. Add me too. We both know so much about Naruto and Japanese.
Hokage-Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #7
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokage-Yondaime View Post
これは、日本語を話すために私のスキルです
Do you mean こと instead of ため?
The sentence just doesn't look quite right to me...

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ
Old 07-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #8
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

Just happy to help, DemonKato

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ
Old 07-05-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sweet.
I'm still learning Japanese.
Trying to use it as much as I can everyday.
Got to speak with Inoue Kazuhiko in Japanese! I feel accomplished.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #10
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

Congratulations Kakashi! That's so cool!!

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ
Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #11
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Hai!
Arigatou gozaimashita~

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #12
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rouge Uchiha18

That's cool Daph. I'd probably suddenly forget my Japanese if I meet Noriaki Sugiyama in person, Sasuke-kun's voice actor.

Anyways, I could really freshen-up on my Japanese. I haven't practiced in a while.

Haha Eternal, you've corrected a lot of people on their Hirigana.
:::::::.:::::::
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
Rouge Uchiha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #13
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

yeah, haha...Sorry about that [read in Kakashi's voice]
If you ever need help with Japanese...I'll be happy to help!

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ

Last edited by EternalSasuke; 07-07-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:03 AM   #14
EternalSasuke
Sasuke Swag

Any other questions?

Quote:
Mighty lord prissy boi.

co-leader
うちはサスケ