Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
TobiramaSenju307
Genin
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 357
Rep Power: 5
TobiramaSenju307 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

- brutally mindraped sasuke three times, mocked him, broke his wrist, choked him, beat him almost to death, told him he was weak and should use hate, and told him to murder people for power, effectively destroying any chance sasuke had of staying loyal to konoha or sane
- abandoned anko to a slow painful death while knowing she was 2 feet away and in need of medical attention
- tried to kill kakashi, then brtually mindraped him then tried to order the murders of kurenai and asuma
- almost captured naruto when he could have left him be under the excuse of "jiraiya is unbeatable so lets not even try"
- almost let kisame cut narutos legs off, again which wouldnt happen without itachi intentionally leading jiraiya away from naruto
- threatened to commit high treason against everyone in konoha, if anyone harmed sasuke.
- tried to permanently steal sasukes free will and right to be a human being, and enslave him into serving konoha against his will
- mindraped naruto and sadistically made him cry in anguish and horror.
- attacked and stalled team kakashi long enough for gaara to suffer and die painfully
- aided in the murders of 7 innocent jinchuriki
- did nothing to even try to warn the jins to run as far as possible as fast as possible or stick a bijuu or two inside his totsuka sword to at least make sure whatever akatsuki was planning wasnt fully powered
- didnt stick kisame in his totsuka sword when he had the chance
- let orochimaru live for no reason which caused the death of thousands of innocent people
- tried to run from sasuke when sasuke confronted him, knowing naruto was too busy with tobi to do anything about sasuke. nothing stood between sasuke and konoha and itachi knew this. meaning he wanted konoha to be defencelss and get slaughtered
- basically gave his blessing for sasuke drowning konoha in the blood of inocents and destroying everything, by saying hed love him no matter what he chooses
- abandoned the rest of the villages to torment and possible destruction when he made obito promise not to attack konoha or sasuke. because...its not like thousands of women and children are important.
- did nothing to even try to prepare konoha for war or give them important intel. just having them be aware akatsuki is jinchuriki hunting years in advance would be nice. and so would having konoha know a genocidal psycho masked man is out there hunting bijuus and wanting to start a war. what was he doing those 7 years in akatsuki? sitting on his ass while even konan was gathering intel on obitos jutsus?
- hell only reason konoha knew who tobi even was was his picture in kabutos spybook. thats right, kabuto yakushi did more to help konoha with information than itachi uchiha.
- ordered the attempted murder in cold blood of an innocent konoha citizen (if not naruto himself) to make his brother strong enough to kill him. because thats totally not thinking of himself or his own guilt at all...

all this BECAUSE HES JUST SUCH A NICE GUY RIGHT?
i mean it really looks like hiruzen is a d-bag for even letting this guy continue to live after the massacre because necessary or no, it was genocide. even sasuke didnt know the full extent of exactly what itachi did with his life and intentionally left parts out, so hashirama and naruto and everyone dont know what we do.

Last edited by TobiramaSenju307; 04-15-2013 at 11:09 PM.
TobiramaSenju307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
Mekuto
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Mekuto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The echoes
Posts: 1,879
Rep Power: 7
Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Mekuto completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

And what part of that is not just awesome?
__________________
"To be a shinobi is to sacrifice oneself. Closing your eyes to the sunlight, distinguishing yourself in the shadows. That is the true form of ninja. Many ninja have died like that… Itachi is not the only one. Niceties… will not make the world go 'round. It's thanks… to people like that… that we have been able to maintain peace." -Danzo Shimura
Mekuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Because killing parents is the new cool.
Killing kids, too.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka
Moderator
 
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Posts: 39,718
Rep Power: 57
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

3rd reason. Unacceptable.

Apparently he was trying to save the Leaf from the shadows.
__________________
///
/^\\/

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

,, ¥
, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~


カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
She's one of my psycho's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Satsuki
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Satsuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Betwixt/Between
Posts: 1,878
Rep Power: 8
Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Because killing parents is the new cool.
Killing kids, too.
KONY for president 2016.
__________________
-------
^-^
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
^-^
Swordsmith of the Summit Village
(and proud)
"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but you must never forget your origin."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
align="center">
_/\/\/\_~~~~~~_/\/\/\_
^-^
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
^-^
-------
Satsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Throw Rasen-Shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Posts: 15,206
Rep Power: 33
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

I think he's only considered a hero because he stopped a civil war from breaking out in the Leaf by getting rid of his clan that planned to go against the village.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BF:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #7
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month
 
kalmeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Yttik A Ni Neddih Egalliv
Posts: 3,500
Rep Power: 25
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

sorry...ur reasoning is that of mere human!... Itachi is the apotheosis of Shinobi....

at least equip yourself with one kunai before trying to understand a shinobi hero!
__________________
Hashi's DNA + FTG = Time Travel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
Greenrust
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Where the party's at.
Posts: 6,105
Rep Power: 13
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Obito was a closely guarded person. Konan learned about him threw seeing him interact with Nagato. Danzo put it very nicely the duty of a shinobi and what itachi had done. Duty, honer, self sacrifice. Those words mean something and itachi did the best he could. He was one man and he never would have killed kakashi or sasuke. I mean seriously you think the tusumacki which had put down much stronger ninjas and somehow genin sasuke survived its full power. He held back so much even at
Their final battle he held back. Like harishma said itachi was even a better shinobi then him because he sacrificed everything for the hope of peace.

Last edited by Greenrust; 04-16-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Greenrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
TobiramaSenju307
Genin
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 357
Rep Power: 5
TobiramaSenju307 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Quote:
I think he's only considered a hero because he stopped a civil war from breaking out in the Leaf by getting rid of his clan that planned to go against the village.
by slaughtering people who were probably forced into it or didnt know what they were doing? by slaughtering kids just because they MIGHT become another madara due to seeing their parents die?

Quote:
Their final battle he held back. Like harishma said itachi was even a better shinobi then him because he sacrificed everything for the hope of peace.
exactly. he sacrificed EVERYTHING. thousands of innocent people, children, his brother's sanity and even tried to help obito start a world war with the bijuus by helping him kill 7 jins.
like i said, hashirama knows jackshit about itachi except some vague glorified comments by hiruzen and sasuke which left out almost everything he did except the genocide and they failed to mention there were innocents in uchiha clan and they killed them anyway just because there was a possibility they may hate the leaf

Quote:
at least equip yourself with one kunai before trying to understand a shinobi hero!
i dont have to be a soldier to know when a general has commited warcrimes

Quote:
Obito was a closely guarded person. Konan learned about him threw seeing him interact with Nagato
and yet he was willing to reveal a ton to itachi when they first met. knowing there was someone who helped him kill uchiha clan, and was a very dangerous man might be good to know for the elders

Quote:
Duty, honer, self sacrifice.
what was so honorable or self sacrificial about mindraping his own brother three times and abandoning anko to a painful slow death in the middle of a cave?
TobiramaSenju307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
Greenrust
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Where the party's at.
Posts: 6,105
Rep Power: 13
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

He had to make sasuke hate him. That was the point, he wanted sasuke to redeem the uchiha name and to advange the clan. He always blamed himself for what he did. Anko is alive and how was he gonna break the Edo Tensei. He needed to show naruto his makeyo for that. He went back and defeated kabuto which was the best way to protect the leaf and her. Also if he hadn't done it Danzo would have. And since he didn't have one person powerful enough it would turn into a full out war. The very thing itachi wanted to advoid. If he had tried telling sasuke the truth he would have hated the leaf like he did when obito told him. Also if itachi had moved against the akusaki at all he would have been eminilated very quickly. Nagato believed in his dream and he'd kill itachi for it till naruto changed his mind.)
Greenrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Squall
Veteran Chunin
 
Squall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Amazon's Special Forces Training Centre
Posts: 1,304
Rep Power: 11
Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Ohhhhh I love an Itachi off.... here we go buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiramaSenju307 View Post
- brutally mindraped sasuke three times, mocked him, broke his wrist, choked him, beat him almost to death, told him he was weak and should use hate, and told him to murder people for power, effectively destroying any chance sasuke had of staying loyal to konoha or sane

Itachi wanted Sasuke to be strong in life. Tobirama and Hashirama have explained The Curse of Hatred. Basically it explains when an Uchiha's love turns into hatred, it causes the awakening of the sharingan. To further increase the power to the Mangekyo stage, the user needs an extremely painful experience that would drive the user into even deeper darkness that would utterly consume them. If Itachi wanted his brother to gain power (MS...which he stated several times he needed to awaken)...I'm pretty sure he did exactly what was needed.. Though he apologized profusely for how it may not have been ideal...look at the power Sasuke has. (and he always thought that he could be saved from his darkness. So he'd have the new power, yet lose the hatred, win-win)

- abandoned anko to a slow painful death while knowing she was 2 feet away and in need of medical attention

In a crucial war, you do your priorities first. What would have itachi done to save her apart from physically picking her up and finding a rogue or the nearest shinobi to then take care of her? It's wasting time. Madara and all the ET zombies were currently killing, murdering and butchering several more shinobi. Saving one Anko for hundreds of shinobi? Nah...Prioritize the removal of ET for the sake of the war rather that waste time helping Anko. You made it seem super simple to have helped her, rather, it may have been tedious and time consuming, both of which were null at this stage.



- tried to kill kakashi, then brtually mindraped him then tried to order the murders of kurenai and asuma

If I recall, Kakashi noted, "But why did he not kill me?", after the tsukyomi had ended on him. Itachi was under disguise at this stage. He had to act the part. Kakashi is one of the most brightest and intelligent shinobi...Itachi had to make sure Kakashi still thought of him as a villain. Mindraped, yes...but by doing this, it showed Kisame that he had ran out of chakra by using this technique, giving a further reason or 'excuse' to leave the village without harming further shinobi. IMO Kisame would have loved to kill everyone but they had to leave as Itachi was chakra-consumed. In the end, he even told everyone that it was Akatsuki's aim to capture Naruto for the retrieval of Kurama....hint hint nudge nudge perhaps??


- almost captured naruto when he could have left him be under the excuse of "jiraiya is unbeatable so lets not even try"

Almost captured is not captured. No harm done in the end

- almost let kisame cut narutos legs off, again which wouldnt happen without itachi intentionally leading jiraiya away from naruto

He didn't almost 'let' him....Kisame suggested he should do it ot make him lighter before Sasuke showed up. Not much else on that matter IMO

- threatened to commit high treason against everyone in konoha, if anyone harmed sasuke.

He's protecting his bro because of his secrets.....threatening isn't the same as acting through with the statement.


- tried to permanently steal sasukes free will and right to be a human being, and enslave him into serving konoha against his will

Pretty much explained in #1

- mindraped naruto and sadistically made him cry in anguish and horror.

It was Itachi's intention to make Naruto understand. If he didn't do what he did, Naruto would not have realised that Sasuke would try attack the village. Because of this 'sadisic' and 'horrifying anguish' of a conversation, naruto could properly act accordingly, rather than having a biased and blinkered mind set of "I need to get Sasuke backto the village". Naruto needed to realise Sasuke had changed...Itachi made him.

- attacked and stalled team kakashi long enough for gaara to suffer and die painfully

Itachi was ordered to by Akatsuki. He was only using a body double controled remotely. He died easily. Probably on purpose. Itachi even smiled when he died....

- aided in the murders of 7 innocent jinchuriki

Nope. He only aided in attempting to capture Kurama which he failed....most likely on purpose. He helped extract them when they were already captured in the Akasuki lair yes, but he never aided the murder of them...ever.

- did nothing to even try to warn the jins to run as far as possible as fast as possible or stick a bijuu or two inside his totsuka sword to at least make sure whatever akatsuki was planning wasnt fully powered

Wrong, he did. He advised Kakashi, Guy, Asuma and Kurenai about the extraction of the tailed beasts. Word spread. It's not like he can go around to all the jinks as a wanted criminal blabbering it all out. He is under disguise remember? He'll surely be caught out. Totsuka sword...is it even possible to seal a Bijuu in that. It's speculation atm and cannot be proved you can or cannot do that, therefore, it's not worth mentioning in a bias example of why Itachi didn't do this.


- didnt stick kisame in his totsuka sword when he had the chance

When? He could have probably done this to a lot of people....but 1 - they could evade the attack and reveal Itachi for who he is. 2 - He was sick and oversing Susanoo would have further increased his sickness before his intended fight with Sasuke. Many other reasons I'm sure...

- let orochimaru live for no reason which caused the death of thousands of innocent people

He severed his hand to prevent him from using any further techniques, forcing him to use a body transfer, knew Sasuke would seek him out for power, etc etc....it sounds like you are looking for ways to look at Itachi badly.

- tried to run from sasuke when sasuke confronted him, knowing naruto was too busy with tobi to do anything about sasuke. nothing stood between sasuke and konoha and itachi knew this. meaning he wanted konoha to be defencelss and get slaughtered

Bold statement that Itachi 'wanted' Konoha to be destroyed. It has been painfully obvious that Itachi is a Konoha lover. There's no way he wanted this. He told sasuke to leave him alone and he ran off. As if he didn't know he would follow him though, common. Furthermore, Sasuke wanted the elders dead. It's what he meant by the destruction of the village. If he destroyed the village without killing anyone (as they were all absent due to the war), what's to stop them from rebuilding it like they did with Pain? Destruction would be pointless.

- basically gave his blessing for sasuke drowning konoha in the blood of inocents and destroying everything, by saying hed love him no matter what he chooses

He admitted that Sasuke's actions were beyond his control. I've still loved someone after they have done something stupid. I'm assuming you have too.


- abandoned the rest of the villages to torment and possible destruction when he made obito promise not to attack konoha or sasuke. because...its not like thousands of women and children are important.

Uhh, no. Obito was only interested in Konoha. Itachi saved it at that stage. IT's not like Obito would go, "Okay! I'm off to the fire country to pillage and kill their children now that I can't destroy Konoha". No.

- did nothing to even try to prepare konoha for war or give them important intel. just having them be aware akatsuki is jinchuriki hunting years in advance would be nice. and so would having konoha know a genocidal psycho masked man is out there hunting bijuus and wanting to start a war. what was he doing those 7 years in akatsuki? sitting on his ass while even konan was gathering intel on obitos jutsus?

Believe I have explained that he has helped and what could be possibly do without revealing himself?


- hell only reason konoha knew who tobi even was was his picture in kabutos spybook. thats right, kabuto yakushi did more to help konoha with information than itachi uchiha.

Excluding the time when Minato fought Tobi and prepared for the future by sealing Kurama inside Naruto, I am unsure how to take this question. It confused me. Saying Itachi did nothing to protect and aid Konoha is liek saying that Q's hate U's.

- ordered the attempted murder in cold blood of an innocent konoha citizen (if not naruto himself) to make his brother strong enough to kill him. because thats totally not thinking of himself or his own guilt at all...

Are you referring about to kill someone close to you to awaken the MS? Sure....that's a fine call. Ultimately he was looking after Sasuke and his awakening of power of hatred/losing someone close to you.

all this BECAUSE HES JUST SUCH A NICE GUY RIGHT?

Yes.

i mean it really looks like hiruzen is a d-bag for even letting this guy continue to live after the massacre because necessary or no, it was genocide. even sasuke didnt know the full extent of exactly what itachi did with his life and intentionally left parts out, so hashirama and naruto and everyone dont know what we do.

Best interest of the village. Uchiha would have slaughtered everone. Nip the problem at the bud rather than let it explode into a murderous flower.

People's intentions might seem as the right thing to do at the time, but perceived by others as malicious. Does that make the person that had the right intentions evil?

When have you done something that you thought was right, only to find out it was wrong?

Anyways, there's my debate. Itachi did make mistakes, but his intentions were always good. Ie; Nice guy.
__________________
If we don't end war; war will end us.


If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
TobiramaSenju307
Genin
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 357
Rep Power: 5
TobiramaSenju307 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Quote:
Best interest of the village. Uchiha would have slaughtered everone. Nip the problem at the bud rather than let it explode into a murderous flower.
best interest of himself. uchihas were in righteous revolution against a corrupt government framing them for the kyuubi attack, and wouldnt have hurt anyone besides the elders and anbu guards. and he could have averted the coup in the same way by killing the ringleaders and cutting the head off the clan. a coup cant become reality with kids and old men

Quote:
Are you referring about to kill someone close to you to awaken the MS? Sure....that's a fine call. Ultimately he was looking after Sasuke and his awakening of power of hatred/losing someone close to you.
ultimately he was wanting sasuke to brutally murder someone in cold blood and sink futher into the depths of hate. corrupting someone and turning them into a villain is "looking after them" now?

Quote:
Believe I have explained that he has helped and what could be possibly do without revealing himself?
reveal himself? obito already knew what he was and didnt do anything about it because he knew itachi wasnt telling anyone anything out of selfish pride

Quote:
Saying Itachi did nothing to protect and aid Konoha is liek saying that Q's hate U's.
he did nothing post massacre. he committed genocide and stopped kabuto. thats just about it

Quote:
Uhh, no. Obito was only interested in Konoha. Itachi saved it at that stage
itachi destroyed konoha by doing nothing about pain for 10 years and capturing and murdering the jins leading up to kyuubi. and killing off the strongest clan in your village is just as much an invitation for rival nations to invade as a bloody battle. also scans of obito saying he only cares about konoha and wouldnt attack the other nations?

Quote:
IT's not like Obito would go, "Okay! I'm off to the fire country to pillage and kill their children now that I can't destroy Konoha". No
he did. since he couldnt touch konoha he went off and made the mist village a hellhole

Quote:
He admitted that Sasuke's actions were beyond his control. I've still loved someone after they have done something stupid. I'm assuming you have too.
he admitted its only because of him sasuke turned out the way he did and gave him hate. and admitting he loves him despite sasukes plans is like saying "i love you hitler even though im a jew"

Quote:
Itachi wanted Sasuke to be strong in life
at the price of his sanity and everyone elses safety

Quote:
If Itachi wanted his brother to gain power (MS...which he stated several times he needed to awaken)...I'm pretty sure he did exactly what was needed..
which is unleash a second madara on everyone and giftwrap the sharingan for orochimaru

Quote:
He had to make sasuke hate him
he wanted to do that. nothing was "had" about it. sasuke hated him when he learnt itachi slaughtered his family. the resulting torture and beatings repeatedly, were unnecessary, cruel and brutally evil

Quote:
That was the point, he wanted sasuke to redeem the uchiha name and to advange the clan.
by becoming a hate-drunk psychopath murdering an innocent person in cold blood for more power? by betraying konoha? the only way itachi and sasuke could fight is if sasuke left without permission. and how is it redeeming the name by killing its killer? and even then the clan wasnt avegned because itachi killed himself/died to cancer. a simple autopsy or someone else watching the fight makes itachis plans collapse

Quote:
If he had tried telling sasuke the truth he would have hated the leaf like he did when obito told him.
itachi did not need to reveal the ENTIRE truth. just make it seem like itachi himself was a victim did not have any choice but to kill the clan. or simply sat he didnt kill them but would find and kill the one who did. anything to make sure sauske didnt become crazed with revenge

Quote:
look at the power Sasuke has. (and he always thought that he could be saved from his darkness. So he'd have the new power, yet lose the hatred, win-win)
hatred does not just disappear. and itachi thinking he can be saved cost the lives of innocent samurai. also no, itachi said sasuke was a blank canvas and anyone can paint it black. he believed sasuke to eb a stupid little child not worthy of trust let alone love and thought he would go insane at the drop of a hat due to someone telling him to. to that end he used koto to make sure sauske would be brainwashed whether he wanted to attack konoha or not. itachis an evil bastard.

Quote:
In a crucial war, you do your priorities first.
his choices were
- explain izanami to a genocidal murderous sociopath for no reason
- ignore him and go save a dying comrade or at least advise sasuke to deliver her to somewhere where she'd be aided.
what he actually did about anko = nothing. nothing at all.

Quote:
Madara and all the ET zombies were currently killing, murdering and butchering several more shinobi.
itachi had no way of knowing this, and there werent any other ET zombies left besides chiyo madara and kimimaro. he had time to tell sasuke to look after her as a last favour. did he? no.

Quote:
Saving one Anko for hundreds of shinobi? Nah...Prioritize the removal of ET for the sake of the war rather that waste time helping Anko
he prioritised sitting around talking about sasuke already knew rather than taking 5 seconds to say "you see that girl? rescue her and take her to the medical tent as a last favour. ok now im done, bye!
Quote:

If I recall, Kakashi noted, "But why did he not kill me?", after the tsukyomi had ended on him
if i recall, seconds after kakashi said that, itachi said "take kakashi out, its time for these people to disappear". which is a murder order for kisame.

Quote:
Itachi was under disguise at this stage. He had to act the part.
no he didnt. if he was willing to sacrifice a chance to get kyuubi because he is "tired", thats more suspicious than running from a few fodders and avoiding any conflict. instead he walked right up to kurenai and asuma and fought them when a man of his calibre could easily have avoided them]
Quote:

Itachi was ordered to by Akatsuki. He was only using a body double controled remotely. He died easily. Probably on purpose. Itachi even smiled when he died....
itachi could have sat there and done nothing. no one was monitoring him. and the most akatsuki would do if itachi sat there and let himself die without a fight is slap him on the wrist

Quote:
Itachi had to make sure Kakashi still thought of him as a villain.
no he didnt. why on earth would anyone care if kakashi came back to konoha and said "GUYS GUYS listen.....itachi ran away from us. he must be a nice noble and heroic shinobi!" why would ITACHI care what kakashi thinks of him? hes not important to itachis plans.

Quote:
Mindraped, yes...but by doing this, it showed Kisame that he had ran out of chakra by using this technique, giving a further reason or 'excuse' to leave the village without harming further shinobi.
because avoiding a fight altogether wasnt an option? further damaging his eyes, wasting his chakra, and making it less likely that hed be able to defeat obito and nagato is preferable to actually saving his chakra for the real foes?

Quote:
Wrong, he did. He advised Kakashi, Guy, Asuma and Kurenai about the extraction of the tailed beasts.
all he said was "im looking for something. fourth hokages legacy.and only sasuke can take me out" thats literally it.

Quote:
He didn't almost 'let' him....Kisame suggested he should do it ot make him lighter before Sasuke showed up. Not much else on that matter IMO
kisame was inches, maybe milimetres away from slashing naruto. then jiraiya showed up with his toads

Quote:
\IMO Kisame would have loved to kill everyone but they had to leave as Itachi was chakra-consumed
and itachi doesnt just totsuka stab kisame then leave and say konoha got him because....

Quote:
It was Itachi's intention to make Naruto understand. If he didn't do what he did, Naruto would not have realised that Sasuke would try attack the village
it was itachis intention to torment an innocent boy and make him cry with sadistic cruelty for no other reason than his attempt to make naruto fall asleep failed

Quote:
Almost captured is not captured. No harm done in the end
the debate isnt whether itachi destroyed everything. its whether hes evil and cruel or not

Quote:
He's protecting his bro because of his secrets.....threatening isn't the same as acting through with the statement.
north korea threatening to nuke US is not protecting anything. its the act of a cruel bully manipulating through fear. itachi manipulated danzo into basically letting sasuke go free as a criminal for 3 years which could have had disastrous consequences
Quote:
Bold statement that Itachi 'wanted' Konoha to be destroyed. It has been painfully obvious that Itachi is a Konoha lover. There's no way he wanted this
what other explanation is there? he wanted to let someone he knows wants to kill everyone in konoha, walk right past him with no one else able to stop him

Quote:
Furthermore, Sasuke wanted the elders dead. It's what he meant by the destruction of the village. If he destroyed the village without killing anyone (as they were all absent due to the war), what's to stop them from rebuilding it like they did with Pain? Destruction would be pointless.
sasuke stated multiple times his goal was killing EVERYONE who had any association with the senjus and konoha. their victory would be hollow if they won in the war only to find all the civilians massacred

Quote:
He severed his hand to prevent him from using any further techniques, forcing him to use a body transfer, knew Sasuke would seek him out for power, etc etc....it sounds like you are looking for ways to look at Itachi badly.
he severed his hand because hes too selfish and evil to cut his head off and end konohas greatest threat then and there. uchiha kids? DIE. orochimaru? your a great guy! ill just slap you on the wrist and be on my way.

Quote:
- He was sick and oversing Susanoo would have further increased his sickness before his intended fight with Sasuke
he wasnt sick in part 1 and using up chakra on fodders like kakashi rather than defeating pain put the entire world in danger.

Quote:
t's not like he can go around to all the jinks as a wanted criminal blabbering it all out.
yes he can. hes fukin itachi! do you think he needs to stay looking like a suspicious uchiha all the time? theres masks. theres genjutsus, theres hooded cloaks, theres henge.

Quote:
He helped extract them when they were already captured in the Akasuki lair yes, but he never aided the murder of them...ever.
extracting a bijuu = certain death for the jin. it was murder
Quote:
When? He could have probably done this to a lot of people....but 1 - they could evade the attack and reveal Itachi for who he is.
funny. because a surprise attack from someone you believe to be an ally probably isnt dodgeable. second, he can just use genjutsu to make them believe he isnt stabbing them

Quote:
In the end, he even told everyone that it was Akatsuki's aim to capture Naruto for the retrieval of Kurama.
which put the entire world in danger since he didnt warn anyone else about the OTHER bijuus
Quote:
Because of this 'sadisic' and 'horrifying anguish' of a conversation, naruto could properly act accordingly
all itachi said to him in that whole encounter was "drop off to sleep naruto kun"









Quote:
Though he apologized profusely for how it may not have been ideal...
no he didnt. he admitted its his fault but never gave a proper apology to anyone
Quote:
He always blamed himself for what he did.
and didnt do a damn thing about the multitude of other threats to konoha like oro.



Quote:
Anko is alive
anko was coldly and sadistically ignored and abandoned by her own comrade (itachi) and left in a cold cave dying and comotose
TobiramaSenju307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #13
Squall
Veteran Chunin
 
Squall's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Amazon's Special Forces Training Centre
Posts: 1,304
Rep Power: 11
Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Holy blimey we've wrote a lot.

I read around half of what you wrote, will read the rest later.

All valid points. I'm just an Itachi fan so I guess my view is bias. I'm okay with that =)
__________________
If we don't end war; war will end us.


If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
HelpTheUnderDog
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
Rep Power: 0
HelpTheUnderDog saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

I see exactly where you are coming from but your logic is based on an assumption that I think is wrong, just hear me out.

Itachi is actually not considered a hero in the Naruto universe, In fact he's actually thought to be one of Konoha's greatest villains. This is proven in a few instances where Itachi runs into former comrades. For example when we see Itachi and Kisame bump into kurenai and asuma. Asuma is quick to point out that Itachi is a murderer who killed his own people. This means that everyone accepted the explanation that the higher ups in the leaf gave to the rest of the shinobi regarding the Uchiha Massacre.

It isn't until the 5 kage summit arch that some of the higher up Jonin in the village learn that Itachi was simply being used by the leaf as an escape goat for the Uchiha's secret coup. and even at this point, kakashi says not to speculate and takes this information (which is true) very cautiously.

Even in the present time of the story No one in the allience (besides Sasuke) is aware that it was Kabuto behind the Edo tensei much less that Itachi was the one to stop it. so x amount of years later, in the eyes of most of the leaf shinobi Itachi is still criminal scum.

Only the readers know the full story behind Itachi's life and that's why we agree he's an exceptional character. If you think about it all the things you mention Itachi doing could have ended a lot worse for the leaf if Itachi wasn't secretly still a good guy. Keep in mind that he had to act accordingly to not raise suspicion in the akatsuki. However his main focus was always keeping the heat off Konoha. Given the circumstances I think he did a great job and one can argue that akatsuki didn't attack Konoha directly until after Itachi died and his behind the scenes influence was gone for good.

Lke someone else said earlier, itachi is supposed to be the archetype of a shinobi. who sacrifices everything from the shadows and does not look to be recognized for his actions.
HelpTheUnderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

He is a hero because he prevented a war
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #16
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
CoolerThanIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Igloo.
Posts: 1,547
Rep Power: 9
CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
He is a hero because he prevented a war
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #17
Greenrust
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Where the party's at.
Posts: 6,105
Rep Power: 13
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Ok it's time for me to get involved in this. It might take a while to write this but ill dive right into this.
__________________
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Complete credit to LHG for the amazing pic, describes me well :P
Greenrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerThanIce View Post
great response
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
Greenrust
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Where the party's at.
Posts: 6,105
Rep Power: 13
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiramaSenju307 View Post
- brutally mindraped sasuke three times, mocked him, broke his wrist, choked him, beat him almost to death, told him he was weak and should use hate, and told him to murder people for power, effectively destroying any chance sasuke had of staying loyal to konoha or sane.

He needed sasuke to hate him. If he had ever told sasuke the truth, sasuke would have hated konaha and he did hate Konaha when he was told. He needed sasuke to be strong. He wanted sasuke to become powerful and protect the village (And he succeeded in some ways sasuke very powerful and in helping taking down kabuto did protect the leaf.)
- abandoned anko to a slow painful death while knowing she was 2 feet away and in need of medical attention.
With a bunch of Edo zombies running around killing 1000's you expect him to stop for one women. The Priority was to end the edo tensei. even if he had not seen anyone else but those who are with him (Kimiaro and chiyo) he could have easily guessed that they wouldnt just raise then and he met nagato who probably couldnt have sensed the multiple other chakras from the other edo's. As for telling sasuke to do it, he hadnt even decided to help kohana yet why would he help one women even if itachi asked him?
- tried to kill kakashi, then brtually mindraped him then tried to order the murders of kurenai and asuma.
Itachi let him live with that tyusamaki. Itachi could have taken then himselve but he used the excuse of his eyes to live but while from his battle with sasuke we know he could have done a lot more then tyusamaki. As for ordering kiasame, kiasame was loyal to the akusaki and probably knew from how kiasame fought he wouldn't be able to kill them before they would he forced to run by reinforcements.
- almost captured naruto when he could have left him be under the excuse of "jiraiya is unbeatable so lets not even try"
Thats what he did. If itachi had pushed himself or aimed that amerterutsu at jiyra or used susanno jiyra would have died. He wouldn't have time to pull out a move to block it and is trapped in his own road stomach and wouldn't have been able to dodge. Not even using any of that him in just regular sharingan plus kiasame would have been able to wear him down or grab naruto and escape. Instead he used the excuse the jiyra was to strong and left.
- almost let kisame cut narutos legs off, again which wouldnt happen without itachi intentionally leading jiraiya away from naruto.
Kiasame only suggested it, before itachi could say anything sasuke came in so we techniquely don't know his answer.
- threatened to commit high treason against everyone in konoha, if anyone harmed sasuke.
I don't know about you but I love my family (despite how much they annoy me sometimes) and would do anything to protect them. He slaughtered his whole clan so sasuke could live. Letting them kill him after that is counter productive not to mention he knew Danzo wouldn't make his move if he was alive so the threat was enough.
- tried to permanently steal sasukes free will and right to be a human being, and enslave him into serving konoha against his will
You were just saying he let him kill everyone and still love him yet you say he was trying to enslave him to love Konaha, he can't have sasuke do both and he wanted sasuke not to blame the village for the elders mistake and his dicision.
- mindraped naruto and sadistically made him cry in anguish and horror.
He needed naruto to understand else he'd never be able to bring sasuke back to the light. In order to fix a problem you have to understand it first.
- attacked and stalled team kakashi long enough for gaara to suffer and die painfully.
He was going easy. Even at 30% he could have stalled much much longer. Besides pain had ordered him and if he had disobeyed orders pain would have hunter him down and as much as I love itachi he couldn't fight pain (and possibly konan) and hope to win.
- aided in the murders of 7 innocent jinchuriki.
Prioritys, he was defending the leaf the best he could and if he had left or not have joined at all someone else would have been givin the job and they would have had no mercy.
- did nothing to even try to warn the jins to run as far as possible as fast as possible or stick a bijuu or two inside his totsuka sword to at least make sure whatever akatsuki was planning wasnt fully powered
So Nagato could rape him, ya no that would be a waste. Nagato had givin clear orders and if he had disobeyed he wouldn't last long if pain found him.
- didnt stick kisame in his totsuka sword when he had the chance
Why? When he was in his team he had him under control. Kisame might have killed kakashi, asuma, and kurbei.
- let orochimaru live for no reason which caused the death of thousands of innocent people
Orchimaru was a member of the akusaki and Nagato would have punished him for killing a asset.
- tried to run from sasuke when sasuke confronted him, knowing naruto was too busy with tobi to do anything about sasuke. nothing stood between sasuke and konoha and itachi knew this. meaning he wanted konoha to be defencelss and get slaughtered
What was he supposed to do put sasuke down? Sasuke followed him so no harm done.
- basically gave his blessing for sasuke drowning konoha in the blood of inocents and destroying everything, by saying hed love him no matter what he chooses
He admitted sasuke's actions were out of his control and I love my family not matter what they do even if its stupid. He had let his will known but he couldn't do anything else short of killing him which would be a waste since he knew naruto wiuld bring him to the light.
- abandoned the rest of the villages to torment and possible destruction when he made obito promise not to attack konoha or sasuke. because...its not like thousands of women and children are important.
Obitos grudge was the leaf. There was almost no danger to the rest and he had to make a deal obito would accept. A good negotiator doesn't push for more then he knows he can get.
- did nothing to even try to prepare konoha for war or give them important intel. just having them be aware akatsuki is jinchuriki hunting years in advance would be nice. and so would having konoha know a genocidal psycho masked man is out there hunting bijuus and wanting to start a war. what was he doing those 7 years in akatsuki? sitting on his ass while even konan was gathering intel on obitos jutsus?
If anyone in the akusaki found out pain would kill him. Also no one knew about the true story of the massacre so why would they listen to a traitor?
- hell only reason konoha knew who tobi even was was his picture in kabutos spybook. thats right, kabuto yakushi did more to help konoha with information than itachi uchiha.
Kabuto was one of the only people who could give info on the akusaki because no one could hide like Orchimaru and he was under his protection.
- ordered the attempted murder in cold blood of an innocent konoha citizen (if not naruto himself) to make his brother strong enough to kill him. because thats totally not thinking of himself or his own guilt at all...
Your best and only good point so far. Ill give you this one but no ones perfect.

all this BECAUSE HES JUST SUCH A NICE GUY RIGHT?
i mean it really looks like hiruzen is a d-bag for even letting this guy continue to live after the massacre because necessary or no, it was genocide. even sasuke didnt know the full extent of exactly what itachi did with his life and intentionally left parts out, so hashirama and naruto and everyone dont know what we do.
Yes he is, and harishma did plenty fine converting sasuke to the good side.
There I'm finished.
__________________
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Complete credit to LHG for the amazing pic, describes me well :P
Greenrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
PrinceofPeace
Banned
 
PrinceofPeace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Village Hidden in the SUMMIT
Posts: 14,810
Rep Power: 0
PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: OK Why is Itachi considered a hero?

brutally mindraped sasuke three times, mocked him, broke his wrist, choked him, beat him almost to death, told him he was weak and should use hate, and told him to murder people for power, effectively destroying any chance sasuke had of staying loyal to konoha or sane
He mindedraped for love. He wanted Saskue to become stronger and this was the best/fastest way. Itachi drove Saskue’s thrist of power through hatred. Itachi did not want to do it but he did not have a lot of options. Itachi did not plan for Saskue to turn out the way he did but it happened. In the end it all worked out because Saskue became strong and defeatedOro and itachi and kabuto.
- abandoned anko to a slow painful death while knowing she was 2 feet away and in need of medical attention
Anko was not in a slow painful death. Plus Itachi was occupied with SM Kabuto. And they both were not medical ninjas. What was Itachi supposed to do? Saskue was an international criminal and Itachi had to end Edo Tensi before others got hurt.
- tried to kill kakashi, then brtually mindraped him then tried to order the murders of kurenai and asuma
Itachi did NOT try to kill Kakshi. It was just to stall. If Itachi wanted to kill kakashi he would have. Itachi was a double agent. He was secretly still working for the Leaf. Itachi used genjutsu on Kakashi so that he would not have to fight him and risk death on either side. That is why Itachi did not want Kisame to kill the others
- almost captured naruto when he could have left him be under the excuse of "jiraiya is unbeatable so lets not even try"
That would cause suspsion. Itachi is no wuss. It would be odd if Itachi was a pansy who did not want to fight in such an evil organization. Itachi would have been found out that he was a spy and killed or kicked out of the organization. This also was a chance to give Jiryria knowledge about the organziation
- almost let kisame cut narutos legs off, again which wouldnt happen without itachi intentionally leading jiraiya away from naruto
But Itachi planned it out PERFECTLY and that did not happen. Itachi knew that Jiryria was going to come to the resuce just in time to save naruto and prevent the disaster. If Itachi REALLy did not want Jiryria to come to the rescue then he would have put the girl in a better genjutsu to fool Jiryria.
- threatened to commit high treason against everyone in konoha, if anyone harmed sasuke.
So what? That does not make him evil. Are you going to blame him for loving his brother? He just wanted to insure that his brother would be okay. Afterall Itachi killed his clan just so that Saskue would be safe
- tried to permanently steal sasukes free will and right to be a human being, and enslave him into serving konoha against his will
Because he wanted to prevent war and for Saskue to live and be safe. The village is a good place why not protect it? Its’ not perfect but being with a village is important
- mindraped naruto and sadistically made him cry in anguish and horror.
And if Itachi wanted to he could have killed him with the genjutsu. So what if he cried. The genjutsu did not effect him that bad
- attacked and stalled team kakashi long enough for gaara to suffer and die painfully
If he did not then Itachi would have been faulted and blamed for not doing his part. NOTE: Itachi was not going all out when he fought them. Team 7 just took a long time to defeat him. If Itachi went all out they would have been dead! Itachi could have kept them there for longer then that if he wanted …that is if he was truly evil
- aided in the murders of 7 innocent jinchuriki
Because he was a double agent. NOTE : Itachi did not help Kisame get the 4tailed Jinjuriki that was all Roshi’s doing. And Itachi had to keep his secret of acting like he was evil. This way he could get info on the organization.
- did nothing to even try to warn the jins to run as far as possible as fast as possible or stick a bijuu or two inside his totsuka sword to at least make sure whatever akatsuki was planning wasnt fully powered
- didnt stick kisame in his totsuka sword when he had the chance
Because killing your own teammate in the evil organization is BAD! That would obviously give away that Itachi is secretly a good guy and not evil.
- let orochimaru live for no reason which caused the death of thousands of innocent people
He fought him. Again if he killed his own teammate then people would have been suspisous of him. Oro attacked first and Itachi retaliated to beat him but Oro got away. Plus Itachi does not like to kill. He does not like violence. Itachi did not know Oro was going to do all of those bad things
- tried to run from sasuke when sasuke confronted him, knowing naruto was too busy with tobi to do anything about sasuke. nothing stood between sasuke and konoha and itachi knew this. meaning he wanted konoha to be defencelss and get slaughtered
Itachi did not know that Naruot was fighting Tobi. And itachi led Saskue to Kabuto so they could fight and talk there.
- basically gave his blessing for sasuke drowning konoha in the blood of inocents and destroying everything, by saying hed love him no matter what he chooses
It’s called reverse psychology
- abandoned the rest of the villages to torment and possible destruction when he made obito promise not to attack konoha or sasuke. because...its not like thousands of women and children are important.
The promised came true for moments
- did nothing to even try to prepare konoha for war or give them important intel. just having them be aware akatsuki is jinchuriki hunting years in advance would be nice. and so would having konoha know a genocidal psycho masked man is out there hunting bijuus and wanting to start a war. what was he doing those 7 years in akatsuki? sitting on his ass while even konan was gathering intel on obitos jutsus?
Giving info to Jiryria and not killing Konoha
- hell only reason konoha knew who tobi even was was his picture in kabutos spybook. thats right, kabuto yakushi did more to help konoha with information than itachi uchiha.
Lol NO. Konoha still does not know obito is
- ordered the attempted murder in cold blood of an innocent konoha citizen (if not naruto himself) to make his brother strong enough to kill him. because thats totally not thinking of himself or his own guilt at all...
What? No where did you get that?
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.