Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Interesting character development

I have to say, with this chapter, I am really impressed with the character development, Kishi has really stepped up his game since the Obito/Tobi explanation (to be clear not that it WAS Obito, the reasoning of why). Looking at Orochimaru, its like Orochimaru had character development from a far observing Kabuto, and actually may end up an ally? That's certainly a huge turn from where this whole thing started with him back at the Chunin Exams.

I am really interested in Sasuke's changes though. It seams that he's done a 180 and decided that, with full knowledge of his clan now, he would rather protect the village rather than destroy it. I wonder if this will sort of lead into this idea of Naruto eventually receiving Sasuke's eyes (as Kishi likes to rehash and fit current events into past events we would have a rin, kakshi and obito moment potential here). I kind of hope that isn't the case, but it would certainly be interesting if it did, and if it was written in a way that would make sense.

The only thing I wonder now, is if the Naruto and Sasuke battle will actually happen? If I remember correctly, and I followed the character development properly, it was never about the village, it was more about jealousy and Naruto always being stronger. This sort of makes me think that Kishi may have side stepped the battle? idk...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Interesting character development

I'm not fully convinced that Orochimaru is going to play nice the whole time. He's a smart man and knows that whatever he wants to do he needs to stop Madara and Obito first since he can't accomplish any of his ambitions if he's trapped in their genjutsu. Things are running a bit too smoothly for the Alliance at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if Orochimaru turned the Kage against them (or just Konoha) after Madara and Obito have been defeated. As things stand there is no way Madara and Obito can take on Naruto and a supercharged Alliance as well as Sasuke, Oro, and the Edo Hokages. Maybe the Juubi will mature again and change things up, but even then...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

At this point in time, Madara, Obito, and the Juubi have no chance

MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I think that at this point, The Kages, especially, Hashirama and Minato will not have the time to fight Madara...The Juubi would have been out of Madara and Tobi's control so Hashi and Minato would be spending their time trying to control the Juubi...

Sasuke is the one to fight MADARA... Naruto will have a power surge from just seeing Sasuke change.... And their combination at team will be most epic!

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Looking forward to see more of orochimaru,if he has sage mode its time to show it now,since his body is made out of 1st's cells.
Kioroshi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I don't think Orochimaru can turn Hashirama against anyone. That in itself kind of keeps Orochimaru in check, but I think its a good character development to see where he has gone, and get some more background on him. Just having him as "that evil guy" without something to cause it just sort of makes him a one dimensional character.

I do want to see Naruto get a power up, but I also want to see him be the full SoSP, fulfilling the prophecy. I just think this will be a segway for that, and it will actually make Sasuke (potentially) what we would call a tragic hero. Through that it would allow his return to the village as a fallen hero, rather than just forcing him back alive into society, which would make no sense. idk, there is a lot of interesting implications in this chapter.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
DrKage
Chunin Exam Participant

DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Hashi might get tied up fighting the other Kage if Oro turns, but I don't think Oro can control him.

But will Oro switch? I mean, his goals go away if Madara wins too. So could we see a defeat of Madara/Obito only to swing back around to Oro being the main baddie again?
DrKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
Harlequin
Genin Elite

Harlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKage View Post
Hashi might get tied up fighting the other Kage if Oro turns, but I don't think Oro can control him.

But will Oro switch? I mean, his goals go away if Madara wins too. So could we see a defeat of Madara/Obito only to swing back around to Oro being the main baddie again?
Oro is still the main antagonist especially he is more evil, slick, and sly than both obito and madara. He's sure to turn on the group after all he has his own goals. Sasuke and the sharingan, that or his other goal is to defeat rock Lee and his ninja pals and to obliderate konoha. Lol

Naruto Uzumaki: I'm bringing Sasuke back. YEAH!
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Drake_Stephens
Chunin Exam Participant

Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Oro is just going with the safest route. As soon as the war is over, he will disappear and start causing trouble again.

That is all.
Drake_Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Andrew Namikaze
Chunin Exam Participant

Andrew Namikaze is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Andrew Namikaze is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Andrew Namikaze is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Andrew Namikaze is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Andrew Namikaze is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Andrew Namikaze is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Namikaze

Oro cant control Hashi. So even if he does turnback to the evil Oro, Hashi + Naruto + Sasuke= Invincible!!

Albatross125
Viz Adventures Guild- Bard
Andrew Namikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #11
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Naruto vs Saskue WILL happen
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
It seams like there is quite a lot to the contrary. If he is no longer the enemy of the leaf, what conflict still exists? The whole reason the fight was supposed to happen was because Naruto and Sasuke were on opposite sides of whether the leaf should exist or not....That just got resolved.

So why will it happen? What conflict exists that would cause this?

Old 04-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
Harlequin
Genin Elite

Harlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his roomHarlequin has jugulars of all forum members in his room

Quote:
Of course it will. Even if sasuke is good for the remainder of the series, he and naruto are rivals and destined to fight.

Naruto Uzumaki: I'm bringing Sasuke back. YEAH!
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
I think that at this point, The Kages, especially, Hashirama and Minato will not have the time to fight Madara...The Juubi would have been out of Madara and Tobi's control so Hashi and Minato would be spending their time trying to control the Juubi...

Sasuke is the one to fight MADARA... Naruto will have a power surge from just seeing Sasuke change.... And their combination at team will be most epic!
Now that you mention it a Sasuke vs Madara battle out would be a very cool thing in the manga and Naruto seeing how Sasuke changed after meeting the Hokages (Especially Hashirama) I'm actually quite excited. At least the series is getting quite good!

LHG

LilHinataGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #15
Drake_Stephens
Chunin Exam Participant

Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Agreed Prince. I believe it will be a set fight to see who is the strongest. I doubt anyone will die.

That is all.
Drake_Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #16
Blah.
Veteran Chunin

Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

WHAT IF Sasuke is just playing nice because he knows everything will be in vain unless Obito and Madara are eliminated? He could still carry out his ambition to crush the leaf, but not until this whole war situation is dealt with.
Blah. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 AM   #17
DrKage
Chunin Exam Participant

DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

He still does have to talk to Madara and Obito who have gone down the path of power and loss that those two have.
DrKage is offline   Reply With Quote