Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > General Contests

General Contests Wanna compete against your fellow forum members for special awards? Do you wanna set up and run your own contest?!

Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Fukai Tsumi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default One Shot Contest

Everyone who's gonna participate, notify in comments here. After that, submit a story by PMing myself or one of the other judges mentioned in this post. This is a fanfiction competition, no original fiction please.

The goal? Write a one chapter fanfiction of whatever franchise and genre you like. Me, Shinagato and Shukketsu will judge in various categories, including overall best, best romance, best crack, best fight scene, best philosophical fic, and individual favourite awards, more categories may be added, but will not be listed until awards are handed out.

You may each make multiple entries, but will only be allowed to win one award. Entrance closes on Sunday the 23rd of December, submission of stories must be before Sunday the 23rd of December, and stories will (hopefully) be judged by Sunday the 30th of December.

Overall winner recieves a 10 pound stirling prize, if they can help provide a method of payment. If not, they can pass the prize on to someone else.

Last edited by Fukai Tsumi; 12-04-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Fukai Tsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: One Shot Contest

If you're copy/pasting from Word or whatever, your post will always get cut off. You'll either have to copy/paste from Notepad or just type it here. Or at least that's what it looks like form here.

I'll get someone to remove the duplicate thread.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Binned the dupe thread and yeah, like Dev said, certain characters get cut off such as Pound Signs and Dollar Signs, to name a few.
YouTube Channel:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Fixed. Thank you for the assist.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Can I post my fan fiction here?
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

I need more cordilation on the information, like tell me exactly how we get the prize, if the fanfics can be from any anime or an original, first second and third winners ... Stuff like that give a more thoroughly detail on this contest cause I didn't understand some parts! Thanks

LHG

LilHinataGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

@Saiyan: PM fics for the competition to one of the judges mentioned in the OP.

@LilHinataGirl: Winning the prize means having your fic judged as the all around best. As for actually recieving it, that will probably involve either mail or PayPal. It's stated in the OP that the fanfics can be from any franchise. No original fiction.

Last edited by Fukai Tsumi; 11-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Fukai Tsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukai Tsumi View Post
@Saiyan: PM fics for the competition to one of the judhes mentioned in the OP.

@LilHinataGirl: Winning the prize means having your fic judged as the all around best. As for actually recieving it, that will probably involve either mail or PayPal. It's stated in the OP that the fanfics can be from any franchise. No original fiction.
Then I can't do it if it's actual money I have to pay I don't see a lot of teens doing it either ... I would do it but there is no way I can pay for my own prize even it's a tiny bundle...

LHG

Old 11-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Huh? No, I didn't mean that at all, oh dear...

I'm paying the prize money to whoever wins.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Ack, that's why you gotta thoroughly explain it to me ... I'm highly scatterbrained !! So excuse the ditz that I am...

Sign me up I guess

LHG

Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Hmmm to join or not to join...
Nahh
for one, I don't do prizes, and I don't even know what 10lb sterling is, I won the last one, so I should give other people a chance, aaand it's hard to write fan-fics
idk why I'm posting this, I just felt like it was needed. I guess it shows it's an interesting contest.

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #12
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Ten pounds is about sixteen American dollars.

Looking forward to reading your contribusion, LilHinataGirl!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #13
Shinagato
Special Jonin Candidate

Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Send a message via Skype™ to Shinagato

Hopefully, judging this will be fun.

I'm worried at the lack of enthusiasm here, though. I expected more people would have signed up by now.

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up." - Mark Twain

"Hence, to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence. Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Shinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Awesome ... Can't wait to do some Fanfic on Fairy Tail

LHG

Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 AM   #15
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

I suppose I could refuse the judge position and take part in the competition myself if it doesn't garner much more interest.
Shukketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
Crair Uchiha
The Pale Rider

Location: Madara Uchiha's closet, I watch him sleep shh... aw he's so cute though.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crair Uchiha Send a message via Skype™ to Crair Uchiha

I'll join!

Co-leader of the Sasuke FC.

Just Call Me Madara's Hoe ♚ Fliparrachii Approved
Quote:
Madara-Aijin isn't too bad. I may call you Mada-Ai
Quote:
It seems the only way you people are going to learn these type of forums are the worse places to use as social networking and dating sites...is for one of you to end up in another posters trunk.
Crair Uchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #17
Crair Uchiha
The Pale Rider

Location: Madara Uchiha's closet, I watch him sleep shh... aw he's so cute though.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crair Uchiha Send a message via Skype™ to Crair Uchiha

I am withdrawing my submission and position in this contest, due to my fanfic being viz media related. So I will leave this for you LilHinataGirl! Good luck!

Co-leader of the Sasuke FC.

Just Call Me Madara's Hoe ♚ Fliparrachii Approved
Quote:
Madara-Aijin isn't too bad. I may call you Mada-Ai
Quote:
It seems the only way you people are going to learn these type of forums are the worse places to use as social networking and dating sites...is for one of you to end up in another posters trunk.
Crair Uchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #18
Shinagato
Special Jonin Candidate

Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Send a message via Skype™ to Shinagato

I might do the same is Shukketsu, except that would mean there'd only be one judge.
It's a big whirly ball of fail either way, until we get more entrants.

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up." - Mark Twain

"Hence, to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence. Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Shinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #19
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crair Uchiha View Post
I am withdrawing my submission and position in this contest, due to my fanfic being viz media related. So I will leave this for you LilHinataGirl! Good luck!
You're not allowed to make Naruto / Viz fanfics here?
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #20
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

It's against the rules to post anything owned by Viz Media, but submissions here are via PM, so I think it should be fine. I think reducing the judge count to one for the sake of more submissions is probably the best way to go here, or this is all gonna fall through.