Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Marrock
Ninja Academy Student

Marrock saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Who can beat nagato?

His cannon is op, in awakening that chakra cannon is lame! His special can float behind him while he combos you and he has almighty push. Combine him with two guarding support and its hella op. Note to mention his first strike is fast. Its like he doesn't have a real weakness.
-Fast first attack
-Defensive jutsu
awakening cannon that does to much damage and fires too quickly.
-Use him with madara and war tobi or edo itachi as guard you can't rush in to attack him... he needs to be nerfed!
Marrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
FreeWater
Apprentice Genin

FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Who can beat nagato?

I disagree. His awakening action (cannon) can be easily dodged through ninja movement and Almighty push isn't that great of a jutsu imo as it can be easily avoided while giving you enough time to charge your chakra to full as well as preparing a counter attack.
As for his Ougi, just keep away when he does it. It takes almost a full bar of chakra so he won't be able to rush you that badly after using it.
FreeWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Marrock
Ninja Academy Student

True all easily avoided but in a team battle you can't rush him, my friend, using two guards stops my lee from attacking. T.T
Old 03-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #4
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Just let him come to you and then attack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #5
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

My friend mains Deidara and said he's a piece of cake to beat with him.
Rage [VG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Anyone can "beat" Nagato. Its all about finding the proper opening. Even the strongest of defenses has at least one weak spot. Its just about continuing to bash at it with different methods until you find one that works.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Just got the game myself, fought 3 Nagato users, and beat all of them easily. I'm not seeing what the issue is.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
Storm_istheman
Apprentice Genin

Storm_istheman has completed a tough C-rank mission!Storm_istheman has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Nagato is an upper tier character, but characters are only as good as the strategy the player incorporates. I have ran into only one person who had mastered his abilities and he has been the only Nagato user to beat me and his strategy threw me off so much that while we fought I made a few errors I normally wouldn't, but that was because I was trying to figure out what the guy was trying to do and how I could counter his style. Most people fall to my strategy with Danzo, but not that dude. But I hope I get the chance to face him again sometime to get revenge. I didn't get mad that I lost, but rather messaged the guy and gave him props.
Storm_istheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_istheman View Post
Nagato is an upper tier character, but characters are only as good as the strategy the player incorporates. I have ran into only one person who had mastered his abilities and he has been the only Nagato user to beat me and his strategy threw me off so much that while we fought I made a few errors I normally wouldn't, but that was because I was trying to figure out what the guy was trying to do and how I could counter his style. Most people fall to my strategy with Danzo, but not that dude. But I hope I get the chance to face him again sometime to get revenge. I didn't get mad that I lost, but rather messaged the guy and gave him props.
Any chance you could give us a few details about how he played differently? I've played Nagato, and really all I can say is I can just do what most people are doing, just a little more efficiently.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
Storm_istheman
Apprentice Genin

Storm_istheman has completed a tough C-rank mission!Storm_istheman has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Yeah I'll try but it's been a few days so sorry if isn't detailed enough. He would spam his ultimate and have it trail me all over the place and while it trailed me he would awaken and start trying to use his canon to add pressure or run over and try to use push/pull texhniques. He was obviously trying to keep his range and me on the run the whole time so he could recharge his chakra and stifle my plans. I usually play a patient style so his style was one that kept me off balance. He was fairly good at timing his taijutsu as well. That's why I would like a rematch with him because I wouldn't play as patient and bring the fight to him more. I went 5-1 in my matches tonight but decided I'd stop and hop on here.
Storm_istheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
Deidara-katsu
Apprentice Genin

Deidara-katsu has completed a tough C-rank mission!Deidara-katsu has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I already beated him with Itachi, it was kinda hard but I beated him

Just Call Me Artistic Hoe -JAFL ScrappY Approves!

Pm me if you want to add me on Xbox Live.
Deidara-katsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #12
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Its annoying cuz almost ALL Nagato users IA into cannon

But i havent LOST to a Nagato yet. He's a very good character, but thats it. You still need a good deal of skill to use him. He's not broken like Kiba or Chiyo. Or insanely fast like Kid Lee

You didn't even mention his tilt which is his greatest asset

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 03-15-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
tetrislame
Freshmen Academy Student

tetrislame is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Get kimimaro as support so he doesnt tilt you everytime you dash and stay close so he cant setup a ult with cannon & guard break. Although its hard to beat nagatos who can use the tilt its still possible.
tetrislame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #14
FreeWater
Apprentice Genin

FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
He kinda did mention the tilt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_istheman View Post
...or run over and try to use push/pull texhniques.
the tilt being a pull technique
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrislame View Post
Get kimimaro as support...
I'm sick and tired of the Kimimaro support bandwagon... I mean seriously. I'm sure you can give some better advice apart from just recommending the Dance of the Larch.

Last edited by FreeWater; 03-15-2013 at 04:06 PM.
FreeWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
Marrock
Ninja Academy Student

Personally if im not using a neji/tenten or edo itachi/neji its kimmimaro because his attack works. It feels the hole for keeping an opponent in place that hidan left. So im ok with it.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
tetrislame
Freshmen Academy Student

tetrislame is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeWater View Post
I'm sick and tired of the Kimimaro support bandwagon... I mean seriously. I'm sure you can give some better advice apart from just recommending the Dance of the Larch.
I did: "Get kimimaro as support so he doesnt tilt you everytime you dash". 9/10 Nagato dont even do that so its not worth to get a support for just this role. Instead you go with someone that can do that job but at the same time can do many more jobs -> kimimaro.
tetrislame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #17
Marrock
Ninja Academy Student

Yeah seriously Kimi is probably my favorite support on this game. It hits alot, might waste a support or two, it stops combo's and keeps them in place for me to rush in and beat some ass.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
Rage [VG]
Chunin

I'll always pick a generic team over select supports. There's usually someone in every team name that can do a certain thing. Kimimaro is easy to bait and punish.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
Marrock
Ninja Academy Student

I normally use him when i start attacking his guard, it goes red, i push him off charge a bit then Ultimate Jutsu leaf hot wind!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
CaptainChurrr
Academy Graduate

CaptainChurrr is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainChurrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
Its annoying cuz almost ALL Nagato users IA into cannon

But i havent LOST to a Nagato yet. He's a very good character, but thats it. You still need a good deal of skill to use him. He's not broken like Kiba or Chiyo. Or insanely fast like Kid Lee

Lol, Kiba and Chiyo are not broken, i can assure you that. I have been a part of many fighters communities. I have even been in real competitons. The only time "broken" is mentioned is rare and it is normally when someone has gotten Salty over a loss or there is a certain Character who has a move or a attribute that has higher priority than the rest (rare). Kiba and Chiyo do not hold any of those properties. Kiba is just one buffed character that is it.

As for Nagato, tiers of a character do not determine a win. As someone mentioned above it is about the player who uses the character. The player who can adapt the best wins. If your opponent is spamming Ultimates and IA U1's then there is definitely something wrong with your playstyle. Questions are, "Why are you opponents having multiple chances of Spamming these moves?", "Why are they having time to charge for chakra?", "Why are they having the oppurtunity to punish in IA?" Adapt! If your opponent are having these chances than it speaks of your level in this game. (Even tho skill is hardly required for this game

Last edited by CaptainChurrr; 03-25-2013 at 09:51 AM.
CaptainChurrr is offline   Reply With Quote