Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Hidden "Source" Village ...... .......Being both thankful and humble for all the good times!
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Exclamation Naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 major glitch!

***UPdated 3/12/13***MAJOR WARNING PREVIOUS STORM GAME SAVES ON FILE SUCH AS STORM 1 STORM 2 AND STORM GENERATION WILL UNLOCK CHARACTERS AS SOON AS YOU START THE GAME HOWEVER YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SELECT THE SUPPORT TYPES YOU WANT. IF YOU VALUE THE ABILITY TO SELECT SUPPORT TYPES DO NOT START THIS GAME WITH PREVIOUS STORM FILES ON YOUR HARD DRIVES OR THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU WHEN YOU PLAY NARUTO ULTIMATE NINJA STORM 3 WITH ANY PREVIOUS SAVE FILES!!**

I have discovered that anyone one who starts this game with previous saved file data will not be able to pick support types for the characters that are auto unlocked via this method. This is the worst kind of glitch for me since I had all storm games so 80% of my roaster does not have selectable support types.

So to counter all this I have started a new game and that solves the problem with the loss of hokage naruto but I dont mind that for now plus I kept my other game save in case cc2 does release a patch later on.

STEPS TO ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL CHARACTERS SUPPORT TYPES:

*make sure the account you are playing has no previous storm 1, storm 2, or storm generation data.

*if you already have completed the game or have storm 1,2,gen, and 3 data you do not want to erase you must copy the data and move them to another account profile one by one using copy and paste for ps3 and 360 can also do this. Then you will have to delete all the files in the profile you want to play it on but just make sure to copy and save them somewhere so you wont lose your data.

*If you do not have previous data there is no real need to delete your previous storm save games since you wont have any. Or you can simply create a new account for ps3 to play it on since the glitch only happens when you start the new game for the first time with previous storm data. That is another way to keep your old save games if you do not want to delete your saves.

* now start the new game that has no previous data you should not get any prompts telling you that previous storm games were detected or that you have a new character as a bonus for playing storm 1,2,or gen.

* Now save the game at the title menu or complete the 9 tails battle then save the game after.

*After you have saved your new game then you can exit the game and paste the previous storm 1,2,or gen files you have copied back into your profile one by one at a time. This way all your data will be returned and you will not have lost any previous storm data.

*Now all you will have to unlock all the characters through the story mode or through battles. This way all the characters in the menu will have all the support types.

I hope this helped you I have now completed this method and have completed the story mode again. I have unlocked all the characters manually and I still have all my previous storm 1 storm 2 and storm gen files back in my account. The only thing you lose is the hokage naruto costume but its just a costume I prefer losing that than all support types so you will still unlock all the narutos. Plus I still have it in my older save file that I also moved so if a patch does get released I will just delete my new profile storm data and restore my previous storm 3 data.

If you have questions you can just reply to the thread and I will try to answer or there will be other members here to assist you enjoy!

Thank you Jesus!
to God be the glory forever and ever !!!!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

"ninja art" "patience"......................."sound fx"
nimpou nintai no jutsu ! ホモ

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 07-09-2013 at 04:22 PM.
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 major glitch!

Really? Are you sure its not just you, Shameful? I've been able to select support types just fine.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Hidden "Source" Village ...... .......Being both thankful and humble for all the good times!
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I am 100% sure I would not make such bold statements without doing thorough research on it first and I also tried several experiments and thats how I discovered it. If you start storm 3 and you get the bonus message a char has been added since you have storm 2 or generation then you cannot select support types.

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hmm...odd...I'll have to do a little digging and see if that's the case with mine as well, but I'm pretty sure that I can make use of all the support classes for every character.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.

I'm pretty sure it's just you. I have save files from Storm 1, 2, and Generations on my PS3 and I'm able to pick support types without a problem. That sucks for you though, you should try and get it exchanged.

Edit: I suppose I haven't used every character for supports though, maybe I just haven't run into the problem yet, I guess I'll check it out later just to be sure.

Last edited by Godaime Kazekage; 03-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godaime Kazekage View Post
I'm pretty sure it's just you. I have save files from Storm 1, 2, and Generations on my PS3 and I'm able to pick support types without a problem. That sucks for you though, you should try and get it exchanged.
Being pretty sure hmph...anyhow I have this game on both systems and it has happened on both systems also I have tried experiments that has this proven it is not just me. Like I said I do not proclaim anything this bold unless I have the facts. I am not the only one this has happened to and that is 100% fact. Go back and check that chars like orochimaru and the pts chars and the hokages have all supports you have to check each one !!!

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Old 03-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
MyMattstache
Genin

MyMattstache has completed a tough C-rank mission!MyMattstache has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to MyMattstache

Holy crap... it's like that for me but I just figured that I just need to unlock the support types for the characters... but I never really figured out how. This is really bad... how can CC2 release a broken game like this? The support are a major part of the gameplay.
MyMattstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

I can pretty much confirm this. I've completed the story mode, and Pain still doesn't have guard and balance type supports. I've used him in many ranked matches so it's not a case of unlocking them that way.

However, I did note that when I redeemed my DLC content, the characters that were affected now had their support types unlocked. My old team was Pain, with Itachi guard and Tobi guard, since I couldn't put Itachi as attack, but when I redeemed Anbu Itachi, I had all support types for him.

Patch pls, cc2.
Rage [VG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

This is not a glitch. You actually do have to unlock them. In the story mode, you have to select them as supports and get their friend bar to the max and then they will be unlocked.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Yes I have sent a few letters out to cc2 requesting a patch for this issue! In the meantime I have found a semi solution and that is to copy gen/storm 2/storm 1data to another account profile for ps3 or to a memory stick for 360 and delete the file and start over the 5 dlc will not be affected and you will have to play the game over from scratch but you will have all support types unlocked and you keep the 5 dlc packs. **just note hokage naruto will not be playable in this method.** I already started this because I am doubting a patch will ever be released. I hope this helps some of you out there. I know I said I refuse to start over but I have no choice supports types are important more so than hokage naruto.

@Megga I have completed both games and I unlocked all the side quest so thats not true its a glitch because now when I started the game over without the previous storm bonuses I can now select the chars support types right away so there is nothing to unlock. I am tired of repeating myself lol.

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 03-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
MyMattstache
Genin

MyMattstache has completed a tough C-rank mission!MyMattstache has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to MyMattstache

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
This is not a glitch. You actually do have to unlock them. In the story mode, you have to select them as supports and get their friend bar to the max and then they will be unlocked.
Boy do I feel stupid... Thanks for the heads up, I better start working on this now.
MyMattstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMattstache View Post
Boy do I feel stupid... Thanks for the heads up, I better start working on this now.
No I feel stupid anyhow megga is wrong here I have unlocked and completed the game and the extra missions 100% on both systems including all the timeline and request missions and there was still no way to unlock the support types. As a matter of fact there is no unlocking support types at all in this game. I sent this to cc2 and I have gotten a response so it is indeed a glitch since all support types should be unlocked not locked.

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Old 03-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
FreeWater
Apprentice Genin

FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabbaut View Post
Pain doesn't have a friend bar.
FreeWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #14
Hitokiri Battousai
Freshmen Academy Student

Hitokiri Battousai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

i can confirm this glitch as i have gotten characters in story mode like Onoki with friend bar maxed yet still doesn't have his support types unlocked

i know of a post on another board related to this glitch but i can't post links yet it has a list of the supports possibly effected
Hitokiri Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
VirtualAlex
Genin Elite

VirtualAlex saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to VirtualAlex

So wait... How do you unlock them? I also can't select supports for many of the characters.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #16
Hitokiri Battousai
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualAlex View Post
So wait... How do you unlock them? I also can't select supports for many of the characters.
no one knows at this point there could be a method to unlocking them but it has yet to be discovered im going to keep trying to unlock them myself if i find any methods ill be sure to tell others how i did so

Last edited by Hitokiri Battousai; 03-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #17
tetrislame
Freshmen Academy Student

tetrislame is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I just registered to let you guys know: There is a method to unlock support types. All you have to do is delete the save files from storm2, gen & storm 3 or move them to USB and use the ryo method. Search on youtube for "easy ryo", takes about 20 minutes to unlock all characters + support types.
tetrislame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #18
Hitokiri Battousai
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrislame View Post
I just registered to let you guys know: There is a method to unlock support types. All you have to do is delete the save files from storm2, gen & storm 3 or move them to USB and use the ryo method. Search on youtube for "easy ryo", takes about 20 minutes to unlock all characters + support types.

that isn't really a method as it is more starting over as you can quickly unlock all the characters but for those who S ranked everything and/or collected everything in game all there work would be gone

so at it stands we can keep our hard work and have support types locked or we can give up all our hard work thus far and start over from a clean slate and have support types unlocked and also wouldn't have access to Hokage Naruto
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #19
tetrislame
Freshmen Academy Student

tetrislame is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well, you can move your savefile to a USB and hope for a fix. However, a guy in another forum said you can get "locked" support types randomly by just letting the timer run out. I have not tested it tho. Currently there is no way to unlock all support types with a savefile from a former game on the system.

Last edited by tetrislame; 03-11-2013 at 06:15 PM.
tetrislame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
Hitokiri Battousai
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrislame View Post
Well, you can move your savefile to a USB and hope for a fix. However, a guy in another forum said you can get "locked" support types randomly by just letting the timer run out. I have not tested it tho. Currently there is no way to unlock all support types with a savefile from a former game on the system.
there is no timer in local multiplayer though so that only works for online and even if used online your second support would be random if you wanted to select the type of the first so even then it doesn't completely work