Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
FreeWater
Apprentice Genin

FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default I can't be the only one that thinks quitters should be penalized?

Surely I cannot. You mean to tell me after Storm 2 (Maybe even Storm 1, but I wouldn't know since I haven't played it) there's still no penalty for quitting!? Disconnection frequency means nothing... especially in Generations where you actually have to go into a separate menu to see your opponents battle record instead of it being displayed right on their card like in Storm 2.

Quitters should either be given:
1). A lose.
2). Subtraction of BP.
3). BP reset.

This would definitely reduce the amount of quitters.
I get that a person could legitimately disconnect, but that person should be penalized as well as it is, ultimately, his/her fault (or rather their ISP).

Is there a reason why something like this hasn't been done!?
FreeWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: I can't be the only one that thinks quitters should be penalized?

They should get a loss and BP reduction. If they quit more than 10 times then BP reset.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
ShinzoUchiha
Freshmen Academy Student

ShinzoUchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeWater View Post
Surely I cannot. You mean to tell me after Storm 2 (Maybe even Storm 1, but I wouldn't know since I haven't played it) there's still no penalty for quitting!? Disconnection frequency means nothing... especially in Generations where you actually have to go into a separate menu to see your opponents battle record instead of it being displayed right on their card like in Storm 2.

1). A lose.
2). Subtraction of BP.
3). BP reset.

This would definitely reduce the amount of quitters.
I get that a person could legitimately disconnect, but that person should be penalized as well as it is, ultimately, his/her fault (or rather their ISP).

Is there a reason why something like this hasn't been done!?

The main reason the creators and team said they didn't penalize people in such a way is due to the fact that they can't always know when someone disconnects purposefully. i can understand what they mean as i sometimes have internet issues and it's not my fault directly.

They have talked about it though in storm 3. they said they might just count it as a loss for the player and the other player gets the win. i guess it makes a fair outcome if they decide to do that. loss of BP should only happen if they disconnect more than 3 or 4 times in one day.
ShinzoUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
RikoudoSageNaruto
Genin

RikoudoSageNaruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

ragequiters should get a lifetime ban from the game. their IP should be banned just to make sure that they dont switch accounts and keep pulling the same garbage. to the people that have bad connections well you should just get verizon or any other provider that can give you a fast connection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RikoudoSageNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
z3r0uch1h4
Ninja Academy Student

z3r0uch1h4 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Actually, the game is made in a such a way, it can be played and saved when you want to and, not automatically, affecting someones record would be useless if they are not saving they can merely reload a clean record. The only way this would be fees-able, is if the saves were kept, on the server(not possible). If you don't now how to do this and would like to, mssg me.
z3r0uch1h4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Snow Eyes X
Freshmen Academy Student

Snow Eyes X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

My clan and I faced a lot of clans with that issue. And it wasn't a disconnection. It was definitely a rage quit, but it is what it is. It would be better if we played on a server that the creators can make.
Snow Eyes X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

^I sent you a PM, be sure to check it out.

And agreed.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Rage quitters should definitely be penalized, but the thing is, its not always possible to tell when its a rage quit. It could be internet problems causing a person to leave match or something else along those lines. But I think a BP reduction seems fair and after a certain number of times, a total reset of their points.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
FreeWater
Apprentice Genin

FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!FreeWater has completed a tough C-rank mission!

The way I see it is: If you're disconnecting, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer games in the first place! It's unfair to have your problems affect other players...

I think an easy way to tell if a person ragequit rather than legitimately disconnected is to look at his/her hp vs his/her opponent's. In other words, if there happens to be a "Transmission Error" when a player is close to losing it's an obvious ragequit.
FreeWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 AM   #10
z3r0uch1h4
Ninja Academy Student

z3r0uch1h4 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

All of your ideas can be negated, if you don't believe me I will show you. We can play a ranked match, i will either quit or let you win, and when I come back I will neither have,
1.lost battle points
2.received a loss/quit

i can make my record the same every time I play you, or only receive wins. Since this is the case there is no way for you to affect my bp or reset it. These ideas are not able to be applied.
z3r0uch1h4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #11
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
1). A lose.
2). Subtraction of BP.
3). BP reset.
They have stated that they will consider giving the DC'd person a loss, and the other person a win. Currently, if you were to DC by turning off your PS3, you run the risk of corrupting your data, meaning you do get your BP reset, as well as losing all of your unlocked characters, ninja cards, titles, etc.

Personally, if someone DCs on me, I just remember their name. If they join me again, I just turn on my Roxio and record away. "Exposing" ragequitters is apparently all the rage on YouTube.
Rage [VG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
CRoach93
Genin

CRoach93 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
The way I see it is: If you're disconnecting, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer games in the first place! It's unfair to have your problems affect other players...

I think an easy way to tell if a person ragequit rather than legitimately disconnected is to look at his/her hp vs his/her opponent's. In other words, if there happens to be a "Transmission Error" when a player is close to losing it's an obvious ragequit.
That isn't true. Someone could have a terrible connection and be losing a fight at the same time. It could just disconnect randomly before the person loses. That happens to players I fight more than rage quitting happens to me. The only real way to tell if someone rage quits on you, at least on an Xbox, is to check their status after you get a Transmission Error. If it says they're at the Xbox Dashboard, then they most likely rage quit.
CRoach93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:46 AM   #13
0twinblade0
Freshmen Academy Student

0twinblade0 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Rage quitters shall get a loss, we get a win, and their BP should be reduced by a respectful amount.
0twinblade0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #14
dattik
Freshmen Academy Student

dattik has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

Some guyz said this to Hiroshi Matsuyama, and he was pretty agree with that (quitters > 1 loss immediatly)
dattik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

They've considered changing it to give you a loss for STORM 3.
Rage [VG] is offline   Reply With Quote