Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
lolcat123
Apprentice Genin

lolcat123 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to lolcat123
Default have you guys ever noticed most naruto characters dont even look asian?

I remember when i was watching naruto one time( on tv) and my mom asked me why none of the characters even look japanese. She also thought sasuke was a woman but thats a story for a nother time... Anyway what do you people think? why do so few of them look asian?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
lolcat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: have you guys ever noticed most naruto characters dont even look asian?

I don't why they don't look Asian. They were just drawn the way they were drawn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
darkamaru
Special Jonin Candidate

darkamaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to darkamaru
Default Re: have you guys ever noticed most naruto characters dont even look asian?

i dunno but i noticed it quick...
[] []----Peace---[] []
|||||||----------|||||||
-|||||------------|||||
darkamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Phenom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Seeing as how the countries and locales are not real, the culture and people can vary. For example the Cloud village seems to have a lot of African Americans. So for all we know the villages we haven't seen many people from could look Asian, Australian, or whatever.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Chromekatana
Veteran Chunin

Chromekatana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Its because Japenese people think English people look alot awesomer then them. THen they go and do a live action mobie and get one of THEM to do the acting... Oh when I say "English" I mean Anglo-American.(I think thats what it is called)
Chromekatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
AeriX
Academy Graduate

Location: Disappeared into the darkness. I'm here, but you'll never know when I'm watching you.
AeriX is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

oh wow... your right. I've only thought about that once. But oh well, they look fine the way they do know anywayz.

Sorry about that, I'm Hardly ever on.

Is it me, Or is that Ball of light a litttllleee to close? O.O

Spoiler:
"Would You be Mad If I shanked you?"
"Yes."
"Oh, Sorry about this then."

Chibi Madara. I own him. He is my slave. XD
AeriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
darkamaru
Special Jonin Candidate

very good point phenom...
[] []----Peace---[] []
|||||||----------|||||||
-|||||------------|||||
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
SaiyoichiUchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Sitting In Complete Darkness, Waiting For The Moonlight
SaiyoichiUchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I have noticed that i dont get y though

I Adopted: Sai, Yachiru, Orihime, Sango, Ryuk, Ai.

Saiyoichi: I Have A Dream!
Father: And Whats That!
Saiyoichi: To Have A Dream!
My Theme Song:

My Brothers Theme:
SaiyoichiUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #9
Amateratsu
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Wondering around your house, advancing towards your shower.... Guess what happens next! ^^
Amateratsu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Amateratsu

Naruto, Deidara, Sasori kinda, Nagato, Yahiko, Tsunade, Temari, Jiraiya, and many more characters don't look asian at all.....
Some people don't even look like people.
Examples: Deidara, Zetsu, Kisame, Orochimaru, and Sakura.

Last edited by Amateratsu; 08-12-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Amateratsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
yokokurama
Chunin Exam Participant

yokokurama is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Maybe its that Asian people don't look all that different from others??

Well it is true. I mean Naruto is sort of white looking and Temari, well I don't get how she's blonde either. Gaara also is a sand-boy.

Well I guess its cause they're characters, drawn, so drawings don't really have race.

And there's a whole social issue-college level discussion answer as to the reason. Cause in the manga they are more asiany, but in the anime they lose some of their oriental characteristisc. But in short, the anime producers realized American looking anime characters are more popular in the West, rather than japanese. If you make the characters look "white" that increases the appeal and possible audience tenfold.
yokokurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

A lot of anime don't have them look Asian such as Shaman King, Bleach, One-piece, Black-cat, etc.

I'm not sure why though.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.

Space Cowboy Sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
ECW Original
the most lovable girl at the ball.

ECW Original is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateratsu View Post
Naruto, Deidara, Sasori kinda, Nagato, Yahiko, Tsunade, Jiraiya, and many more characters don't look asian at all.....
That was funny.
ECW Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
Chromekatana
Veteran Chunin

Chromekatana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekatana View Post
Its because Japenese people think English people look alot awesomer then them. THen they go and do a live action mobie and get one of THEM to do the acting... Oh when I say "English" I mean Anglo-American.(I think thats what it is called)

This is SO it.
Chromekatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #14
Amateratsu
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Wondering around your house, advancing towards your shower.... Guess what happens next! ^^
Amateratsu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Amateratsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Original View Post
That was funny.
Yes, it is true. Sakura doesn't look human. -/_\-
Amateratsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
Nemico
Chunin Exam Proctor

Nemico is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateratsu View Post
Naruto, Deidara, Sasori kinda, Nagato, Yahiko, Tsunade, Temari, Jiraiya, and many more characters don't look asian at all.....

Agree but very funny
Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 PM   #16
lolcat123
Apprentice Genin

lolcat123 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to lolcat123

seriuosly which characters on naruto actually look asian?

lolcat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
darkamaru
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcat123 View Post
seriuosly which characters on naruto actually look asian?
nagato and orochimaru...
[] []----Peace---[] []
|||||||----------|||||||
-|||||------------|||||
Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
Shkin
Veteran Chunin

Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Shkin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekatana View Post
yeah right...lol!
but they invented anime, right?
needs more confidence...they're good but don't even realize it.
i'll pick Naruto than Superman...teehee.

and maybe its all because of the western cultural influence devouring the whole wide world!
Shkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #19
nightfire
Chunin

nightfire is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

its like that in most anime and mangas. I think it is easier to draw non-aisian people if you have ever tried drawing anime before. If kisame can be a fish then they can be as white as they want.
nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #20
assassin
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I don't care where you are or what your doing...SO STOP TELLING ME ON TWITTER!
assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

um..........

ALL ANIME IS LIKE THAT.

zanpaktou: Abrasador Tormenta
escudo espada #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin
contrary to popular belief, pm does not mean "private message", it means "perverted mind".

"My plan was perfect! But there was one thing I overlooked, one facter I failed to calculate. He's a dumba$$. And there's no accounting for dumba$$...ness." ~Agito
assassin is offline   Reply With Quote