Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Anime News

Anime News The latest news on anime projects and the people that make them possible.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Uchiha_Itachi
Chunin Exam Participant

Uchiha_Itachi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Gurren Laggan

Gurren Laggan-The journey of a boy turning into a true man...That and giant mech battles, and a huge cast of interesting characters. This show is amazing, and I'm assuming the manga is just as good. The show starts silly, but if you stick with it, you'll get addicted, and hooked to the show's evolution into a serious plot. I've heard its a classic. I believe people who say it's a classic, because few anime shows have addicted me this much before. Everyone should give this awesome show a chance. I do, however have a warning: It moves very fast, and sometimes doesn't explain stuff, and the show excepts you to just know, but who cares? In the end it all makes sense in this awesome anime!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gurren Laggan

The girl with the skull on her head is hot. xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
WindScar22
Special Jonin Candidate

WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

^True dat! Anyway, it's not too bad. It's made by Gainax, the people who created Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Vigorous and gallant....
Let's sing together
Namimori middle school!

Hibari: This signature is now perfect. If you so much as add one more word, I'll bite you to death.

Hibari: I'm so going to get you for this.
WindScar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

There's definitely a thread about this already, but I'm fine with another.

The series is pretty amazing. A lot of things are blown out of proportion to make battle more epic and it definitely works. Especially the final battle with the Anti-Spiral.

It's so great some of the lesser Otaku's at my school have it as their favorite anime. It's really good and I should have watched it sooner than I did. If you haven't seen it, please do.
---
@Bacon: Yoko. One of the hottest anime chicks ever.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #5
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I must google.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

Amano Yukiteru saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

My favorite anime up to date.

Not just because of the epic characters, amazing action, and great quotes. I can truly say this anime has changed my life. When I went through a time of depression, I would recall all of the inspiring quotes, like when Kamina finally told Simon to believe in himself and the stuff like that. That's why to this day, I ALWAYS wear my drill necklace to remind myself there is hope in the worst of situations.

A lotta people ask me about my necklace, sometimes I just say "Oh it's from an anime I like" because that's true, but my friends know just how important that necklace is to me.

That's why Gurren Lagann will always remain one of my favorite animes of all time.
Amano Yukiteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

For some reason I stopped watching it now I'm completely lost on story details they are older now and He owns the city he rebuilt that's all I know
Inuyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

You should finish it, won't take too long either since each part is only like 13 episodes ish.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Inuyasha is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'll YouTube it it's probly there.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

Most likely, and if not it'll take like a minute to find elsewhere anyway.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
Inuyasha
JAFL's Little Helper

Yea true and thanks you're really nice cool and helpful
Old 06-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
Amano Yukiteru
Genin

Glad I can help. xD
Old 08-26-2011, 06:34 PM   #13
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

BEST. ANIME. EVER.

I finished Gurren Lagann today, and I was left speechless, awed at the epicness that I have witnessed. Never has an anime moved me like that.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
NBT
Banned

NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.NBT is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Only seen a few episodes,but never got around to watching the whole thing.I like it
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #15
Bacon

Awards Showcase

So far I'm liking this anime, it's got a distinct mix of drama and lighthearted-ness that is near perfect.

Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

TTGL builds off of awesome. D:<
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
Bacon

Awards Showcase

It feels half baked

Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
Devroux

Awards Showcase

"Save the world. Be awesome while you do it."

- Moral of the story
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #19
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Paraphrasing goku vs superman

"Superman doesn't have to exceed his limits, he just is strong enough. Throw a stronger opponent at him and he'll just match it"

This is essentially what kamina and simon did the whole series.
Need to fly? np
Need to fight under water? np
Need to make the enemy jelly? np

Also dev gurren laggan seems to go ham every fight. When going ham is the only thing you got, it gets a lil meh

Quote:

Old 01-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
BEST. ANIME. EVER.

I finished Gurren Lagann today, and I was left speechless, awed at the epicness that I have witnessed. Never has an anime moved me like that.
Now that I have seen much more anime, I wouldn't consider it the "BEST. ANIME. EVER.".....it's ONE of the best.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote