Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > The Academy

The Academy Welcome new ninja! If you are new to the forums, make an introduction thread here!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Taye is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Hello! New Naruto fan.

Hi! I`m kinda new to Naruto. I know basically what everything that happens in the original Naruto. So can i just move on to Shippuden? Do i really have to watch everys single episode form the orignal. Because that would take to long. So can I just move on?
Taye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Hello! New Naruto fan.

Welcome to the forums.

If you think you know all there is to know about the original Naruto series, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to move on too Shippuden.

These episodes matter in the original series.

Watch episodes 1-100
Skip at 101-106
Pick up at 107-135
Drop or Skip at 135-219
Pick up or Skip at 220

Oh yeah and one more thing.

*gets red hot branding iron*

Standard procedure for new members, this will only take a second.
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
Rikudo-Sennin Kage
Genin Elite

Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Rikudo-Sennin Kage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Hi there Ninja-San!!! Welcome to the forums.

Well if you want to know about Naruto, I suggest you reading the part 1 (original Naruto Series) of manga first ( You can read it online). That way you can understand what is going on and then watch the episode that suits you in the original Naruto series if you not quite understand part of the manga. Then you read part 2 (Naruto Shippuden) and watch the episode that goes with it. (If any of the above seems too complicated then read the above post.)

Any problems, just post it online and if I have time, I can help you.

Best of Luck!!!
|\......./|
| \...../ |
|(())(())|
||||||||||
\||||||||/
||9 9 9 9 9||
/|||||||||||||\
(Put this in your Sig if you like Sage of the Six Paths)
By Rikudo-Sennin Kage
Spoiler:
Favourite Characters: Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke, All Kages and other Heroes such as Nagato and Itachi
Rikudo-Sennin Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
moonwatcher
The girl known as Raspy

moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to moonwatcher

Hiya Taye,
Glad you joined the forum. What do u mean as in move forward. If you mean the name under your username? It changes as you reach a certain posting status. Any other questions, you can pm me after you reach 10-15 postings.
moonwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye View Post
Hi! I`m kinda new to Naruto. I know basically what everything that happens in the original Naruto. So can i just move on to Shippuden? Do i really have to watch everys single episode form the orignal. Because that would take to long. So can I just move on?
I recommend watching up to episode 135 of the original Naruto. That's where the story ends, the rest are just crappy fillers (but most of Shippuden's fillers before the Pain arc are good). There's a huge difference in coolness from just knowing what happens vs seeing it unfold. Cool that you're new to Naruto, though. Welcome!

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #6
Kananda
Chunin Exam Participant

Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kananda is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I really recommend you at least watch until Sasuke goes off to Orochimaru (Season 5) during the Sound 4 era. I watched all of the fillers and do not regret it but I'd say you'll need to watch up to Season 5.
Kananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
Akamichi
Academy Graduate

Akamichi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Welcome to the forums, it's a pleasure to meet you.
Akamichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #8
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Welcome to the forums.

If you think you know all there is to know about the original Naruto series, I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to move on too Shippuden.

These episodes matter in the original series.

Watch episodes 1-100
Skip at 101-106
Pick up at 107-135
Drop or Skip at 135-219
Pick up or Skip at 220

Oh yeah and one more thing.

*gets red hot branding iron*

Standard procedure for new members, this will only take a second.

Ok thank you i will look into that.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #9
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikudo-Sennin Kage View Post
Hi there Ninja-San!!! Welcome to the forums.

Well if you want to know about Naruto, I suggest you reading the part 1 (original Naruto Series) of manga first ( You can read it online). That way you can understand what is going on and then watch the episode that suits you in the original Naruto series if you not quite understand part of the manga. Then you read part 2 (Naruto Shippuden) and watch the episode that goes with it. (If any of the above seems too complicated then read the above post.)

Any problems, just post it online and if I have time, I can help you.

Best of Luck!!!

Ok thanks! I have some manga. I have the one when Sasuke and Naruto have there epic fight. I also have the filler i guess you would call it. When we learn about Obito and Kakashi.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #10
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Hiya Taye,
Glad you joined the forum. What do u mean as in move forward. If you mean the name under your username? It changes as you reach a certain posting status. Any other questions, you can pm me after you reach 10-15 postings.
Haha i meant like move foward in the sagas. Haha cause i didn`t want to watch all those extra episodes for nothing. I`ll sure pm you
Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki_Fighter View Post
I recommend watching up to episode 135 of the original Naruto. That's where the story ends, the rest are just crappy fillers (but most of Shippuden's fillers before the Pain arc are good). There's a huge difference in coolness from just knowing what happens vs seeing it unfold. Cool that you're new to Naruto, though. Welcome!
Thank you so much! I will watch the first 135 episodes. Then move on to Shippuden!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #12
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kananda View Post
I really recommend you at least watch until Sasuke goes off to Orochimaru (Season 5) during the Sound 4 era. I watched all of the fillers and do not regret it but I'd say you'll need to watch up to Season 5.
I will thanks for replying!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #13
Taye
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamichi View Post
Welcome to the forums, it's a pleasure to meet you.
Nice to meet you too!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

There's a plus button next to quote in posts you want to reply to. Click on those and then "post reply" to multiquote.

Anyways welcome and remember to multiquote and not multipost!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

I triend to post and say welcome in class but my internet crashed

Welcome and some of the first series is worth watching

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Hi there its nice to meet you!

The first part of Naruto is great I would recommend watching it though even if you know what's going to happen, its a lot of fun! but yeah you can always skip the 'fillers'

If you love Naruto then you are defiantly going to love Shippuden, I like forward to seeing you on the forum
konoha chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #17
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taye View Post
Ok thanks! I have some manga. I have the one when Sasuke and Naruto have there epic fight. I also have the filler i guess you would call it. When we learn about Obito and Kakashi.
Oh, that's not filler. Anything in the manga is official. If it's in the anime, but not the original manga, that's how you know it's filler. Fillers also usually aren't that good (in any show). Their purpose is to kinda stop the storyline when the anime catches up too far to the manga (the manga needs to release before the can make the anime). With the young Kakashi and Obito thing, they do end up finally making the episodes for that story in Shippuden. They've even already been English dubbed. The Shippuden fillers I'd recommend are the "Sora/Asuma Arc," the "Guren/Yukimaru Arc," and "Chikara" (which is like a 6-episode movie. No lie, it's that good!)

Hope I helped. Sorry if it felt more like a lesson than friendly advice haha.

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rouge Uchiha18

Hello and welcome to the forums!
:::::::.:::::::
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
Rouge Uchiha18 is offline   Reply With Quote