Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 01-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Gripe Thread: War Arc

Of course there has been plenty of complaints for this arc.
But I thought this would be a nice safe haven for the...gripers.
Here we gripers get to gripe about all things big and small about
the Naruto manga and especially the war arc. To clarify though
this shouldn't devolve into a simple Naruto bashing thread.
Have REASONS for why the war arc has not met your expectations
and don't just say stuff like "Naruto is bad writing" and then never
explain WHY you think that is the case. Also don't use circular reasoning
as in saying stuff like "Naruto is bad writing because Kishi is a hack."
Or "There are too many plot holes in Naruto because it sucks."
That explains nothing and is not really interesting to read.

Try to think of this thread as if you were writing Naruto and
the manga especially the war arc was the rough draft.
What would you consider needs improvement and how
would you improve it?

Also be courteous! If someone thinks something should
be one way you can disagree but don't attack them
for having an opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gripe Thread: War Arc

I thought the way Kishi went about making a War arc was completely stupid.
It's just a cheap way for him to jump right into a Climax, when plot wise, it would have made more sense for Kabuto and Tobito to jump right in and kill them where it hurts FIRST.

But, Kishimoto wanted to fanservice by making the Edo's fight their beloveds... a thing that really ticked me off.
Right now, it's not so much a war, as it is a showdown, but they still call it a war? Really?
Also, the way Kishi just decided to write deaths in, like just as many Zetsoo's died as the Ninja's, NO.
Over thousands of Zetsoo death was shown, only like 50 or so nameless ninja have been shown dead or otherwise MIA.
So, Kishi is a hack, in the reasoning that he called up a mock war, and decided to make himself an expert on tactics.

Tachi vs. Kabuto was majorly underdone, just ending it with Izanami? We expected it, but we wouldn't have expected Sasuke to KILL Kabuto, making more sense, therefore proving Itachi wrong in a major sense.
Now that I think about it, that would have been awesome...
Sasuke would have made his first legitimate kill.

Kishi you hack!

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Ghost4321
Apprentice Genin

Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I would have liked to read more on the kage fights, yeah Gaara hearing that his mother loved him dearly was a little teary, but to beat his father in 1 chapter? That felt a little rushed. The Fence sitter having to team up with Gaara to fight Muu, bc muu was op non-sensorable.

Then all the kage against Madara? I know madara is said to be as strong as the first hokage, but still the 5 Kage could have done a little more then what they did in the few chapters they did fight him.

The fat that Sakura was with Kakashi and Gui one chapter then seen next at the medical branch was a downer, imo Kishi should have shown Sakura going from 1 battlefront to the medical unit, or at least Shizune calling for Sakura, instead of magically appearing there.

This whole arc just feels like its jumping around, skipping many MANY places to add in awesome detail. I hope the ending of the arc is amazing.

OK. My rant is over >.>'

@Jakropha: I thought Saucekay killed samurai? Wouldn't that count as a few legitimate kills? well they wouldn't be important characters, so nvm your right >.<

Last edited by Ghost4321; 01-10-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Ghost4321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

I say it is ok, just moved to fast, not enough deaths

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yea. Felt too rushed.

And he probably forgot about Yamato...

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

Yea, what happened to him.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

Kabuto kidnapped him and used his chakra to power up the zetsu clones.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Ghost4321
Apprentice Genin

Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

well we know that much, but so far in the manga, I don't think anyone has mentioned him let alone thought about his wellbeing once the war really gets going Q.Q poor yamato
Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

What upsets me the most is the lost potential of Kabuto vs Tobi.
I believe I am not alone when I say that potential battle of the minds
was THE event to look forward to in this war arc. Not Naruto vs Sasuke.
Not Tobi's reveal. But rather the intellectual duel of two apparent chessmasters.
Heck, I would say had Danzo still been alive for this war arc we then would
have THREE great chessmasters of Danzo vs Tobi vs Kabuto and things
would have been REALLY interesting. But even just Kabuto vs Tobi would
have sufficed. But although there was much hype for Kabuto vs Tobi
it sadly never was. Whenever Kabuto and Tobi confronted each other
it was if they were each thinking "Oh ho! So that's your plan! Just try it
because I got a better plan!" Yet we never get to see that better plan.
Instead what do we get? We get Kabuto falling flat on his face: Itachi vs Kabuto.
The fight only happened because Kabuto went OOC and became stupid
and didn't just turn off Reanimation on Itachi. Itachi was no longer under
his control because of Shisui's eye. Ok. Fine. But making it that Kabuto
can't unsummon Itachi (or Madara) because of some sharingan clause...too much.
What's more is that the only reason for the fight seems to be a quick end to
Reanimation. That's what I hate. Rather than letting things take their course
and ending/defeating Reanimation in a truly spectacularly way we get one
of the worst plot no jutsu of the series: Izanami which is if you think about
it more or less talk no jutsu in disguise. Except while talk no jutsu is forced
characterization as seen by the reader, Izanami is forced characterization
in-universe. Unless Kabuto changes his ways he will be trapped in Izanami forever.
Unless of course I'm missing something? In any case I didn't appreciate how
a character like Kabuto with so much potential to really bring some excitement
to this arc and then Kishi writes him out in the laziest fashion.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

After he was captured, Sakura in the med division were analyzing the zetsu DNA. And she said it is identical to Yamato Tiacho's. That was the last mention of him....

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #11
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Yamato View Post
After he was captured, Sakura in the med division were analyzing the zetsu DNA. And she said it is identical to Yamato Tiacho's. That was the last mention of him....
I'm sorry to say but I don't really see the need for further revelation
on Yamato's condition. He was captured by the enemy who kept
him alive but paralyzed simply to extract information from him.
I'm not really sure how much more of a role he can play
nor do I see aside from the fact he is basically a Hashirama clone
how more on his background while potentially interesting would
advance the plot. But perhaps I'm mistaken?

...At least in my case.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #12
Ghost4321
Apprentice Genin

hehe, I'm just curious as to how they will go about finding him after this war is over if they havn't forgotten him
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #13
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

The way u guys derail from the purpose of a thread is unbelievable...lol....8 out of 11 is discussing yamato...come on!

- I think my issue would be the fact that all those legendary Edo Tensei didn't do much harm....
- Tobi's use of the 6-jinchuriki paths wasn't as great

- Kabuto's hype became nothin...

-The forms of the juubi are not scary...just hilarious and comical

Otherwise there is more credit to give Kishi for this war arc than to take from him...simply because he has attempted something like a war in such a big scale...with more known characters than any others I've seen...Compared to any other manga or anime that ends in a war...this far ranks above all others... ...

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post
The way u guys derail from the purpose of a thread is unbelievable...lol....8 out of 11 is discussing yamato...come on!

- I think my issue would be the fact that all those legendary Edo Tensei didn't do much harm....
- Tobi's use of the 6-jinchuriki paths wasn't as great

- Kabuto's hype became nothin...

-The forms of the juubi are not scary...just hilarious and comical

Otherwise there is more credit to give Kishi for this war arc than to take from him...simply because he has attempted something like a war in such a big scale...with more known characters than any others I've seen...Compared to any other manga or anime that ends in a war...this far ranks above all others... ...
Let's keep this about Naruto. I don't want endless arguments
about which series people prefer. The point of this thread
is to find what is wrong with the Naruto series and how it
can be made better. This is NOT simply mindless bashing.

Nor is this thread meant for praising Kishi, whether he
deserves it or not. If you wish to criticize the criticism
then that is fine but please do not resort to such
tactics as "well it's not as bad as such and such"
or "Kishi is doing the best he can" or "as if you could do better"
as those are all besides the point.

I think it is quite apparent there are many people who
are disappointed with the war arc and so I made this
thread so we can rationally discuss WHY that is so.

If you can go into further detail of some of your own criticisms
that would be great. What were your expectations and why?

As for the Yamato posts...Yes they're a bit derailing however
I think the complaint of the lack Yamato is within the thread
guidelines.

...At least in my case.