Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Darth Vader 1 16.67%
Darth Revan 5 83.33%
Tied 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao
Default SW vs SWTOR: Darth Vader vs Darth Revan

Star Wars vs Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Spoiler:

Two of the greatest Sith Lords ever, but from two different eras; both highly adept in the Force and considered to be among the greatest Force users in the Galaxy. Both were originally Jedi knights who turned to the Dark side, but what if they faced each other? Who would win between Darth Vader, the iconic character of the entire series, and Darth Revan, the legendary Sith Lord who uncovered the secrets of eternal life and fought against the almighty Sith Emperor?

Comparison:
Spoiler:

Statistics Darth Vader Darth Revan
Species: Human Human
Lifetime: 41 BBY-4 ABY 3,994 BBY-????
Weapons: Lightsaber 2 lightsabers, blaster pistol, blaster rifle, vibroblade
Force powers:

Darth Vader
Force Choke
Force Deflection
Force Destruction
Force Kinetite
Force Telekinesis
Throw Lightsaber

Darth Revan
Death Field
Dominate Mind
Energy Resistance
Force Armor
Force Body
Force Bombard
Force Breach
Force Camouflage
Force Choke
Force Crush
Force Destruction
Force Doppelganger
Force Drain
Force Fear
Force Fury
Force Heal
Force Hurricane
Force Illusion
Force Immersion
Force Immortality
Force Immunity
Force Insanity
Force Lightning
Force Maelstrom
Force Plague
Force Pull
Force Push
Force Redirection
Force Regeneration
Force Scream
Force Speed
Force Storm
Force Stun
Force Suppression
Force Telekinesis
Force Torture
Force Valor
Force Void
Force Wave
Force Whirlwind
Mind Trick
Shield of the Final Way
Thought Bomb
Throw Lightsaber

My own conclusion:
Spoiler:

Vader has no chance here. Few Force powers, weak Force powers, inferior combat skills, slow movements due to cybernetic parts and no way to defend against even some of Revan's most basic techniques. Revan was perhaps the most powerful Sith Lord in history while Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) was called "the Chosen One" for a reason I do not see... after looking at the comparison of Force powers, can you see any way for Vader to defeat Revan? I sure cannot. And not only does Revan has more Force powers and two lightsabers to use, but he also has over 300 years of learning that has granted him impossible knowledge about the Sith ways - there is probably no Dark side Force power that he cannot defeat or copy.
Final conclusion: Darth Revan wins.

Last edited by Ninja of Cao; 12-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
Roy
Apprentice Genin

Roy has completed a tough C-rank mission!Roy has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: SW vs SWTOR: Darth Vader vs Darth Revan

Revan was like the most powerful sith ever to live? Idk. Seems like he'd just take out Vader just by looking at him.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
Revan was like the most powerful sith ever to live? Idk. Seems like he'd just take out Vader just by looking at him.
Yes. I think he was stronger than any Jedi as well - though maybe, and just maybe, Meetra Surik would be able to defeat him since she had a greater variety of Force powers and was skilled enough to take out immortal beings (don't ask me how she succeeded in doing that ). But after all, Meetra Surik was Revan's finest apprentice, so you see where the power comes from
Old 12-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Roy
Apprentice Genin

Roy has completed a tough C-rank mission!Roy has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Lol, I always kinda wondered, who Vader's father because, I remember Obi Wan's master in the first movie where he was Akakin as a kid, the master said to the mother. "He has a very high meneclourian, who was the boy's father?" I don't know how to spell it, but. I assume having a high percentage of what the Master was talking about, means Akakin probably had a very high level with the Force, probably stronger than anyone IN HIS TIME, even the emperor.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Lol, I always kinda wondered, who Vader's father because, I remember Obi Wan's master in the first movie where he was Akakin as a kid, the master said to the mother. "He has a very high meneclourian, who was the boy's father?" I don't know how to spell it, but. I assume having a high percentage of what the Master was talking about, means Akakin probably had a very high level with the Force, probably stronger than anyone IN HIS TIME, even the emperor.
That is unknown. Anakin's mother, Shmi, claimed that there was no father and that she could never explain why she suddenly gave birth to him. Because of this claim, many believe that Anakin Skywalker was not the son of a living being, but the Force itself. But this is very uncertain.

There is actually a theory that Anakin is related to Revan
It is even possible that Revan is not further away than being Anakin's father or grandfather, since Revan had gained eternal life without aging (he physically appeared to be in his mid-thirties after more than 350 years).
Old 12-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Roy
Apprentice Genin

How cool would that have been!? Haha, wow, if he actually knew Revan was his own flesh and blood, I mean, that itself and the same footsteps, joined the Jedi Order, left to become a Sith Lord in exchange to save his wife's life which wasn't intended, Padme would of lived and Anakin would of lived a happy loving life with his family, probably would of been a Jedi Master in the next 3-4 years if he'd listen to Obi Wan and showed patience, probably would of even been a master to his own son XD, I don't know about his daughter though, she would of ended up being in Royality, same with the son probably lol.

I like trolling Darth Baras :3 "YAHHHHH!!!! /SCREAMS/" haha XD
Old 12-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
How cool would that have been!? Haha, wow, if he actually knew Revan was his own flesh and blood, I mean, that itself and the same footsteps, joined the Jedi Order, left to become a Sith Lord in exchange to save his wife's life which wasn't intended, Padme would of lived and Anakin would of lived a happy loving life with his family, probably would of been a Jedi Master in the next 3-4 years if he'd listen to Obi Wan and showed patience, probably would of even been a master to his own son XD, I don't know about his daughter though, she would of ended up being in Royality, same with the son probably lol.

I like trolling Darth Baras :3 "YAHHHHH!!!! /SCREAMS/" haha XD
I'm working with a thread at this moment about the Return of Revan
This means that Revan resurrects all his followers and enemies (basically all characters in Knights of the Old Republic, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, and The Old Republic), rebuilds the Star Forge, creates an enormous spacefleet and challenges the Galactic Empire
Now THAT would be a great story for the upcoming Star Wars movies, don't you think? It would be 4,000 year old technology returning to beat up the most technologically advanced empire in the Galaxy
Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Roy
Apprentice Genin

Lol, ya, Revas himself with the power and knowledge he knows with the Force, could.. Extinct the whole Empire. I seriously believe that. I also seriously believe that the Emperor kept Vader by his side because, I think he's terrfied if Revan were to show up lol.

I'm actually gonna play SWTOR, getting tired of WoW you know? And I've been intrigued with Star Wars, always.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Lol, ya, Revas himself with the power and knowledge he knows with the Force, could.. Extinct the whole Empire. I seriously believe that. I also seriously because that the Emperor kept Vader by his side because, I think he's terrfied if Revan were to show up lol.

I'm actually gonna play SWTOR, getting tired of WoW you know? And I've been intrigued with Star Wars, always.
Let's see...
Revan after 35 years: slaughters an army (proved in KotOR).
Revan after 350 years: ten times stronger (proved in SWTOR).
Revan after 4,000 years: 114 times stronger...

So he can technically defeat 114 armies, which is more than the Galactic Empire

And I don't seriously think that the Death Star itself can do much... Revan has two superweapons: the Star Forge produces an infinite amount of ships, droids and weapons which are enough to defeat any empire, while the Mass Shadow Generator can cause a planet to implode after making an entire fleet crash against its surface.

I would love to see the return of Revan... *sigh*
Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Roy
Apprentice Genin

I do too damnit! Why doesn't he!?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I do too damnit! Why doesn't he!?
Spoiler warning:
Spoiler:

He does appear in Star Wars: The Old Republic for certain classes during a group mission. Or so I have heard.

But since Revan was proven able to live forever without aging, he should be able to return... unfortunately he became a pacifist who cared nothing for conquest anymore
Old 12-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
Roy
Apprentice Genin

Pacifist... Are you serious?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #13
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Pacifist... Are you serious?
Unfortunately... in the game, he says that his goal in life is to help bring peace to the Galaxy...

Why can't he just conquer it like he was meant to do?! He was my favorite Sith Lord and Jedi of all time...
Old 12-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
Roy
Apprentice Genin

Lol, wasn't there a quest where you had to enter in a sith lord's temple, and get an arifact, from the sith lord?
Old 12-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Lol, wasn't there a quest where you had to enter in a sith lord's temple, and get an arifact, from the sith lord?
I am a level 21 Sith Warrior, so I haven't got there yet.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I suggest you read the novel to find out what happens to Revan.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #17
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Lol ninja of cao wanking revan

Exar kun naga sadow, the vitiate.and marka ragnos all crap all over revan

Typical cao thread- Revan one shots cripple force jesus but gets his soul absolutely destroyed by a single shot from kun or sadow

Quote:
it means he had the potential to surpass every other force user ever..he never lived up to this potential

as to the reason why he has such a high midichlorian count it's because Sidous and his master used alchemy to essentially create a manufactured Messiah through the force

the force reacted to this and spawned Anakin..as he was- essentially a alchemic weapon against the dark side

the rest of the comments in this thread by certain other posters are just mind numbingly ignorant

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 12-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
Bradley
Genin

Bradley saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Isn't Darth Plagueis creating Anakin Skywalker just an in-universe theory? As in, something that Sidious speculated about, but was never able to confirm?

Going by the movies and KOTOR games, I would give this to Revan. Further EU feats might swing this in Vader's favor; I'm not too familiar with novel feats for either, but IIRC Revan invented the powerful Thought Bomb technique. It's suicidal to use, but it at least means Revan can force a draw in a worst case scenario.

In a strategic sense, Revan was stated to be able to use precognition on a galactic scale. So if Revan and Vader fought a campaign against each other with relatively even forces, Revan would come out on top.

Last edited by Bradley; 12-16-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 AM   #19
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Isn't Darth Plagueis creating Anakin Skywalker just an in-universe theory? As in, something that Sidious speculated about, but was never able to confirm?
Nope it's canon plagious got his own novel in it they showed him and palpy attempting to use sith alchemy to create an SW homunculus they wanted to basically create the Messiah from the prophecies and basically one they could control/mass produce

the force tweaked it and created a Messianic weapon of light as a final solution against the sith

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
Nope it's canon plagious got his own novel in it they showed him and palpy attempting to use sith alchemy to create an SW homunculus they wanted to basically create the Messiah from the prophecies and basically one they could control/mass produce

the force tweaked it and created a Messianic weapon of light as a final solution against the sith

This is making a lot more sense, that's why in the first 3 movies, everyone was talking about the one who was gonna bring an end to the Sith, I'm assuming that's who Akakin was supposed to be but.. Turned out different.

Obito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anakin skywalker, darth revan, darth vader, revan, sith lord, star wars, sw vs swtor