Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #61
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG convo #68 : It's just a jump to the left....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
Well no duh, Africans wanted to expand their own empires and giving up prisoners of war is smart idea. They don't have to worry about rebellions, they've gotten rid of their enemies, and they make a profit by doing so. Not only that but if your neighbor was pissed at you, he/she would sell you to the slave trade as well

Freed wealthy blacks did own slaves. It's pretty effed up but I guess they gotten kind of tired of constantly doing work.

I looked up Caterina, she's crazy.
lol Fairie Black people are humans..all humanity has been engaging in the slave trade for the better part of seventy thousand years..There is no "only western Europeans and indo Europeans created the slave culture" in reality it came from the birth place of all mankind which is Africa

a Wealthy black would have no trouble owning a slave of any race just as easily as Native Americans or Arabs or Asians kept slaves

getting tired of the work has nothing to do with it..they owned other people because it allowed them to make more money.. because the idea of owning other people being morally reprehensible is only a 200 year old idea and many cultures still disagree with it and practice it

she is..isn't she? She had it all beauty, grace,cunning power and brass balls the size of planets

dangerous lady..she wasn't the only one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I have read the first and second book about seven times, the third nearly as many.
rereading a series like this is a mammoth task.. how do you do it unless you forgo all other reading material?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #62
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

As a black person I am well aware that I am human I know slavery has been going on way before B.C.E and western European didn't start it. But yes money played a part in it as well as laziness >.>
And I am aware that slavery is still being practiced.
Even in the U.S.A. I'm not sTo0p!D GOSH!
(stupid dog, you made me look bad)

I'm glad I wasn't alive during Caterina time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect

Last edited by WishfulFairie; 12-26-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: La la la. La la la. Elmo's world
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #63
mirai colorles
Genin Elite

mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
As a black person I am well aware that I am human I know slavery has been going on way before B.C.E and western European didn't start it. But yes money played a part in it as well as laziness >.>
And I am aware that slavery is still being practiced.
Even in the U.S.A. I'm not sTo0p!D GOSH!
(stupid dog, you made me look bad)

I'm glad I wasn't alive during Caterina time
slavery isnt and never was about laziness; its about greed and power, with those two aspects being the catalyst that motivates beings to enslave other beings
Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #64
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Yes, it is about those two aspects but once you have a slave to do your chores, you get lazy. If I had a slave to do everything for me, like clean my room, I promise you would not dare to lift a finger in my life. No sir

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #65
mirai colorles
Genin Elite

mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

slavery is something way to broad to speak about, and im not gonna be rude and speak about it any further. 'with every word you say, that is a breath you will never get back. so don't loft in your own philosophies, and just breath forward'
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #66
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Where's that quote from O.O? *curious*

Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #67
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai colorles View Post
slavery is something way to broad to speak about, and im not gonna be rude and speak about it any further. 'with every word you say, that is a breath you will never get back. so don't loft in your own philosophies, and just breath forward'
to be fair colorless laziness does have a part to play in slavery though it's more laziness and stagnation is an end result of slavery

Rome and China could have had industrial revolutions around two thousand years ago..steam power and industry the tech to make them existed (more so in Europe because of Egypt and Greece) and it was no billed by the Emperor and the Senate and the Emperor in China because slavery was cheaper and a lot easier

Old 12-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #68
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^^^This
Slavery was pretty much a drawback to the Roman Republic. Peasant farmers couldn't compete with latifundias; therefore, farmers lost their jobs and land.
That meant no technological advances in agriculture, since slaves didn't really get education (depending if they were born a slave or captured) nor did their owners care enough to do so.
I know not of China

Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #69
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
^^^This
Slavery was pretty much a drawback to the Roman Republic. Peasant farmers couldn't compete with latifundias; therefore, farmers lost their jobs and land.
That meant no technological advances in agriculture, since slaves didn't really get education (depending if they were born a slave or captured) nor did their owners care enough to do so.
I know not of China

it's not just a throwback to Rome- it goes far older than that

China may or may not have had open slavery but the state or states were always incredibly oppressive everyone was chattel and they used this to staggering effect

as to them they discovered the use of oil..steel forges and gunpowder about two or three thousand years ago..because historically they have always viewed their people as a nigh inexhaustible labor source they never cultivated that technology and used it for play

Egypt as well..they had invented medical procedures that we still use today and have not improved on and can't really

they discovered anti biotics and near modern wound care six thousand years ago..hell they invented the foundations of math

again..barely did anything with all this because the alternative was always there and always easier

Old 12-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #70
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

wake up guys the threat is over

Old 12-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #71
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Do you still have the receipt on colorles? Because we need to return him, he's no fun. *pouts*

Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #72
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

So mega is addicted to his WiiU since he still hasin't sent me a damn friend request pft.

What did you all get for christmas?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #73
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

some cosmetic stuff from my crazy aunt that i would probably never use
and a small home made xmas tree ornament with pics that my mom made

and i got myself stuff for xmas from cyber monday

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK! hat
Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs~
DVDs and hats

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:51 AM   #74
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Do you still have the receipt on colorles? Because we need to return him, he's no fun. *pouts*
I wish I did

you a legend of the seeker fan?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 AM   #75
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I wish I did

you a legend of the seeker fan?
I've only watched the show when it aired. I recently found out about the books which I heard are better (as expected) and different.
Are you?

Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #76
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Richard is a big Gary Stu in the books..morality does not apply to him!

if you can get over that then it's an awesome book series and the supporting cast are fun

Zed is terrifyingly powerful

Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #77
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Sometimes, all I can do is just stroke my chinny chin-chin and wonder, "Why?"...
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #78
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

So guys I am thinking about making this the convo the one and only convo for the BG's until it runs an absolutely insane number of posts like in the tens of thousands

what do you think? make it more official? the boys upstairs kinda wanna remove all the clutter here and I can't says in this case their wrong it seems like a fine idea

Old 12-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #79
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

That seems fine.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #80
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
So guys I am thinking about making this the convo the one and only convo for the BG's until it runs an absolutely insane number of posts like in the tens of thousands

what do you think? make it more official? the boys upstairs kinda wanna remove all the clutter here and I can't says in this case their wrong it seems like a fine idea
No! We have to get to convo 69 first!

Its up to you I guess, but to have the same ritual a mod could change the thread title to the person whos the 500th post still, but conitinue in the same thread?....In either case I don't really care

Closed Thread