Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #41
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Lowered the bar.

I think the tier system might be a good idea, but for some reason whenever I think of it being implemented visions of apartheid and "separate but equal" flash into my mind. I have noticed that some people are not as good of debaters as others, but you just have to have patience and deal with them, although I'll admit I've tried the "You are wrong and here is a chapter and page number explaining why..." tactic and the other person will say, "okay that makes sense" and then completely ignore what just happened in their next post or thread. The major problem I have with trying to purge the "idiots" (not just the idiocy) is that these people create 80% of the threads in the BG's, some of which end up being quite enjoyable to debate on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #42
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
In their defense, the rules are by IWD and may actually seem slightly radical and they're also rather lengthy. Especially the defaults.
We delete the other rules thread and make universal across the bgs those house rules

@noctis and sage- how about the three of us raid those sections? Debate the hell.out of them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #43
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Oh and.kaze makes a good point we need to be.merciless on
People who think they can do that- and people who think this is an opinion based section

Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #44
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Meh the bg is doomed. It is filled with noobs and individuals with moderate knowledge of fiction in general. Anybody with any decent knowledge on the subject matter usually don't post here anymore. If they do it is out of boredom or a habit. This place is dead and on life support as usual. But it just won't die.
Devils Lawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #45
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Well that would be expected since this is a Naruto forum and people aren't always gonna know about DC or Marvel or DBZ or stuff like that

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #46
mirai colorles
Genin Elite

mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.mirai colorles is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

not only creating a "member tier list", but actually attempting to strictly enforce it? thats never good for a site/section, and it will actually turn new members away. not to even mention it comes of as extremely narcissistic, and that is not something that anyone here would want this site/section to be associated with
mirai colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:29 AM   #47
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai colorles View Post
not only creating a "member tier list", but actually attempting to strictly enforce it? thats never good for a site/section, and it will actually turn new members away. not to even mention it comes of as extremely narcissistic, and that is not something that anyone here would want this site/section to be associated with
You have a point that it will turn new members away!!! But I don't think that is a problem since most of the new ones who come here stay for a few days and very rarely return. Those that are persistent enough to stay here are most likely persistent enough to not care about member tier lists!!!

As for member tier list being narcissistic, it could be... but it doesn't have to. It all depends how it will be done!!!

The real question is, will these member tiers be beneficial for us?!!

In theory it should. In practice maybe, maybe not!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:36 AM   #48
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Well, much than likely that we can have new members watch how debates are done and prove themselves by debating in low tiers to get in another level. I don't think it will turn new members away that much since they still have a lot to learn about what this forum does and how it works in each section. Heck, I haven't looked into the War System / Roleplays too much on how it's done but not that it's at my interest right now.

All new members would be in low tier groups by default until they prove themselves that they should be in a higher tier by debating in their tier threads or at other areas. Lots of new members are mostly of the "fan" types that likes to fan over their characters and support them (and of course, overestimating their abilities). Too many of 'em like that.
Hakuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #49
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godaime Kazekage View Post
I think the tier system might be a good idea, but for some reason whenever I think of it being implemented visions of apartheid and "separate but equal" flash into my mind. I have noticed that some people are not as good of debaters as others, but you just have to have patience and deal with them, although I'll admit I've tried the "You are wrong and here is a chapter and page number explaining why..." tactic and the other person will say, "okay that makes sense" and then completely ignore what just happened in their next post or thread. The major problem I have with trying to purge the "idiots" (not just the idiocy) is that these people create 80% of the threads in the BG's, some of which end up being quite enjoyable to debate on.
The idea is that we enable people to view in every tier, but only be able to post in the tiers that they're in. Observing debates is how you learn. Think about it this way; you wouldn't go into class and take the test, then have your lesson. It wouldn't make sense. By throwing good and bad debaters in a moshpit, in a somewhat tame environment like this (also where we have a low number of frequents) it's just not going to get any better. By deploying this tier tactic, we're not looking to keep anyone in low tier for too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuren View Post
Well, much than likely that we can have new members watch how debates are done and prove themselves by debating in low tiers to get in another level. I don't think it will turn new members away that much since they still have a lot to learn about what this forum does and how it works in each section. Heck, I haven't looked into the War System / Roleplays too much on how it's done but not that it's at my interest right now.

All new members would be in low tier groups by default until they prove themselves that they should be in a higher tier by debating in their tier threads or at other areas. Lots of new members are mostly of the "fan" types that likes to fan over their characters and support them (and of course, overestimating their abilities). Too many of 'em like that.
This is basically a better version of what I said.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #50
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

So when's this tier system gonna start? I would like to be apart of it and offer any assistance.

Obito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #51
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

As soon as I figure out how the sections are going to work and run it by the rest of the BG council officially.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #52
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Perhaps there can be prefixes added;

Low-Tier: Aaa vs Bbb
Medium-Tier: Ccc vs Ddd
High-Tier: Eee vs Fff

If, I have no knowledge of how vBulletin works so pardon me if there's something incorrect, a usergroup can only post in the prefixes applied to them.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #53
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

No, usergroups are basically just groups that users are placed in that represent their permissions. So if the group were called low tier, we would only grant low tier the permissions to view medium and high and to post and view low tier.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #54
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
No, usergroups are basically just groups that users are placed in that represent their permissions. So if the group were called low tier, we would only grant low tier the permissions to view medium and high and to post and view low tier.
How many posts or rep do you have to have for the highest tier?!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:09 AM   #55
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

It's not a matter of posts or rep. My idea is that we gather some of the higher tier debaters and let them into the burrow to help IWD, Sora and I assemble a list of debaters. Nothing is set in stone, and it's possible that if you have a certain amount of time invested in here and we think you're an asset, you might be given some leeway, but not too much.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #56
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Yeah, which is what I'm asking is: Would putting a default prefix of a thread by one's group for their group members to post in as well?

Example:

Medium-Tier member creates a thread with Medium-Tier as prefix to said thread for other medium-tiers to debate among them. While the Low-Tiers can view/watch.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #57
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
It's not a matter of posts or rep. My idea is that we gather some of the higher tier debaters and let them into the burrow to help IWD, Sora and I assemble a list of debaters. Nothing is set in stone, and it's possible that if you have a certain amount of time invested in here and we think you're an asset, you might be given some leeway, but not too much.
Mate! This is what we need! I'm so excited to see how it's gonna turn out.

Obito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #58
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuren View Post
Yeah, which is what I'm asking is: Would putting a default prefix of a thread by one's group for their group members to post in as well?

Example:

Medium-Tier member creates a thread with Medium-Tier as prefix to said thread for other medium-tiers to debate among them. While the Low-Tiers can view/watch.
That wouldn't actually restrict people who aren't in/are below that group from posting in the thread, that just marks the thread. And I don't trust the intelligence of some people to stay away from threads that aren't in their tier.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #59
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

forcing tiers on everyone..forcing tier debaters to debate only those in their ranks..the fact that the last time Shika and the prior mods put posters in high tiers who were basically the worse posters I have ever seen on any vs forum and good debaters on a lower rank..for no apparent reason leads me to believe this is a bad idea

how about we delete all the other old rule threads..force everyone to read the house rules at least once..start gathering precedent with every debate and actually start enforcing the house standards

oh and..whenever we see a bad debater we jump him..I'm dead serious about my crusade idea..

nothing a good ass whooping can't cure

Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #60
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
forcing tiers on everyone..forcing tier debaters to debate only those in their ranks..the fact that the last time Shika and the prior mods put posters in high tiers who were basically the worse posters I have ever seen on any vs forum and good debaters on a lower rank..for no apparent reason leads me to believe this is a bad idea

how about we delete all the other old rule threads..force everyone to read the house rules at least once..start gathering precedent with every debate and actually start enforcing the house standards

oh and..whenever we see a bad debater we jump him..I'm dead serious about my crusade idea..

nothing a good ass whooping can't cure
Depends on what you clasify as a bad debater I suppose. Are you reffering to liars, wankers, and brick walls or people that don't know better and just say Itachi beats Goku because thats his/her favorite character?........or both? lol

Honestly straight up jumping might not be a good thing at the moment seeing as this section is lacking in activity.

Sagepain is offline   Reply With Quote