Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:59 AM   #1
Chidori Shuriken
Drama Queen
First Jonin to be Banned
FOREVER

Chidori Shuriken is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default 2 questions.

1:What is the forum locked symbol forum? Why would you lock a forum?
2:If someone gets banned on one computer does it affect the registered users on that computer and can you create a new one?
Chidori Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
BaneDeidara
Special Jonin Candidate

BaneDeidara is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: 2 questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori Shuriken
1:What is the forum locked symbol forum? Why would you lock a forum?
2:If someone gets banned on one computer does it affect the registered users on that computer and can you create a new one?
1. Mods block forums for any reason they don't want ayone to post in them.
2. i think it is the IP address of that computer so any users on that computer would be blocked (im just geussing on this one)
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" ~ うちはイタチ
"Your life was only spared on a whim, but this time you will lose your life on a whim." ~ うちはサスケ
"Cower in awe! Cry your heart out! Because my art ... is an EXPLOSION!" ~ デイダラ
BaneDeidara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

1. Locking a topic is used if we don't want people to post any replies for whatever reason. The forum rules, for instance, is locked because people replying to it wouldn't add to anything (it's not much of a conversation), it would just be a distraction. Another reason is if there's flaming going on or you just know there won't be a good reaction to something...lock it up! I've used it very infrequently.

2. It depends on if the the username is banned or if the IP address is banned, the latter case resulting in no one from a given computer being able to register.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.
Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.Toma RNK just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode

2. It depends on if the the username is banned or if the IP address is banned, the latter case resulting in no one from a given computer being able to register.
It should be pointed out that i you are on a wireless network at home or at a school, all computers on that wireless connection (assuming your school uses NAT or a proxy server) have the same IP address as far as viz is concerned. The ROUTER get's banned and all computers connecting through that router are banned.

What this means to you:

If you live in a house with a router sharing internet to many computers in the house and the mods ban someone, the whole house is banned.

If you are at a college that uses NAT or a proxy server to filter web traffic and you get banned, the whole school will end up banned.

My $0.02

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
Chidori Shuriken
Drama Queen
First Jonin to be Banned
FOREVER

Chidori Shuriken is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

No, I mean like the forums, not topics. On the symbols at the bottom of the screen at the main forum place where you can choose a forum, ot says no new posts, new posts, and locked forum.
Chidori Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Vidda Hatake
Kakashi's Wife/ANBU leader
We wish you the best of luck!

Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori Shuriken
No, I mean like the forums, not topics. On the symbols at the bottom of the screen at the main forum place where you can choose a forum, ot says no new posts, new posts, and locked forum.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the locks are put in place by the Mods so they can limit these things. Too many forums and topics would be far too confusing, so they've set the limit to make the whole system easier to navigate through everything.

My Family: Attack Wolf: garraswerewolf / Nephew:Toma RNK / Nephew: SRhyse

My Warrior/Son: TheBlackChidori - ANBU Enigma

ANBU Black Ops Leader
If you need help pm us or post at

If you're upset or sad, I'm just a
away!

I'm a temp. Mod...
Vidda Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
Naruto-Uzumaki-25
Genin

Naruto-Uzumaki-25 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Naruto-Uzumaki-25

I have a question for the mods, if it is ok to ask.

What would happen to the other users who follow the rules if one user who uses the same computer with the same ip address get's banned?

For an example, let's say there are two people who use the same computer, person A is good, he follows the rules, and then person B happens to break the rules a lot. Then Person B get's banned. What would happen to person A's account? Would his account get banned too?
Naruto-Uzumaki-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-Uzumaki-25

What would happen to the other users who follow the rules if one user who uses the same computer with the same ip address get's banned?

For an example, let's say there are two people who use the same computer, person A is good, he follows the rules, and then person B happens to break the rules a lot. Then Person B get's banned. What would happen to person A's account? Would his account get banned too?
They answered this question and its No person B would get banned while person A doesnt have to worry one bit.

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
seannfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannfma1
Quote:

They answered this question and its No person B would get banned while person A doesnt have to worry one bit.
Incorrect. They could ban by IP address which would ban BOTH.

They COULD ban the persons username or email address, but then person B could just make a new one.

In all likeliness, they would ban the IP banning both unless they knew there were 2 users sharing the account. If they knew, then they would probably ban the offending username, but if person B made a new account and then caused trouble, then both would likely get banned in the end.

To sum it up: Depending on how they chose to handle it, both coud get banned. If person B continues to be a problem by making a new account, then the mods would have no other solution but to ban both.

Basically, it depends on the situation, but you COULD get banned for someone else's behavior.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 04-30-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomarnk
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannfma1
Quote:

Incorrect. They could ban by IP address which would ban BOTH.

They COULD ban the persons username or email address, but then person B could just make a new one.

In all likeliness, they would ban the IP banning both unless they knew there were 2 users sharing the account. If they knew, then they would probably ban the offending username, but if person B made a new account and then caused trouble, then both would likely get banned in the end.

To sum it up: Depending on how they chose to handle it, both coud get banned. If person B continues to be a problem by making a new account, then the mods would have no other solution but to ban both.

Basically, it depends on the situation, but you COULD get banned for someone else's behavior.
Tomarnk always correcting me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
Old 04-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
Sage Mode
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Depending on how they chose to handle it, both coud get banned. If person B continues to be a problem by making a new account, then the mods would have no other solution but to ban both.
I will echo this statement.

--dogboy22
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Nothing personal, I swear.

I correct any wrong answer I see.

The core of why you are saying is correct, but the way n which it was said was misleading.

Please continue to help people though, I in no way want to discourage you.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 04-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode
Quote:
Depending on how they chose to handle it, both coud get banned. If person B continues to be a problem by making a new account, then the mods would have no other solution but to ban both.
I will echo this statement.
man now i feel that i was no help

Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #14
Naruto-Uzumaki-25
Genin

Naruto-Uzumaki-25 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Naruto-Uzumaki-25

I still don't completely get it. I thought banning the ip address only prevents someone from making a new account. Can't Person A just post some where else like at the library or at school or something like that? Does person A have to lose his account over some one elses actions?

If Person A knows person B is bad poster, should he stop logging on that same computer? Person A would pretty much be powerless to stop Person B from breaking any rules.
Naruto-Uzumaki-25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I still don't completely get it. I thought banning the ip address only prevents someone from making a new account. Can't Person A just post some where else like at the library or at school or something like that?

If Person A knows person B is bad poster, should he stop logging on that same computer? Person A would pretty much be powerless to stop Person B from breaking any rules.
If your IP is banned, you can't login, post, and you might not even be able to view the forums.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
Sage Mode
Viz Administrator

Quote:
I still don't completely get it. I thought banning the ip address only prevents someone from making a new account. Can't Person A just post some where else like at the library or at school or something like that? Does person A have to lose his account over some one elses actions?

What you're describing is a complicated situation. If someone gets banned, comes back with another account and starts more trouble, we'd want to ban their IP address, which would prevent them from logging in to the forums whatsoever, as tomarnk said.

However, you run into problems if, as you say, Person A uses the same computer, or if the IP that's getting banned as it a library or school, which would prevent everyone else in those places to login too. We've already run in to problems like that. Ultimately, we don't want Person A to lose his/her account over Person B's actions.

--dogboy22