Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
koshej
Veteran Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default A question to NaruSakus.

Please, name me another anime (or other media, but better anime) that has EXACTLY this "square" - and it ended up in a known "NaruSaku".
The SQUARE being: G1->B1->G2->B2, resulting in B1-><-G2 and ditching G1 and B2.
I just wanna see a real example of what gave you this idea.
Cause MY reasoning is very simple - EFFICIENCY.
If we have FOUR people in a square, the most efficient way is 2+2.
To create two additional love lines JUST to ditch them eventually - I find this stupid and utterly inefficient (for any writer).
So, be so kind and entertain me with a KNOWN example of your logic's application.
It's NOT an attack - I seriously wanna see an example of how it COULD work out.
There.
Waiting!

EDIT.
See post #10 for more details.

Last edited by koshej; 01-17-2013 at 11:15 AM.
koshej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A question to NaruSakus.

What did I just read

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

In essence, Hinata and Sasuke are the two additional love lines that will inevitably be ditched for the obvious NaruSaku pair? If that's correct, then Toradora would fit what you're looking for.

If G1 and B2 are supposed to get together, then I don't know.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Right right

but the red head actually liked the main character ;_;

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

And Hinata actually likes Naruto.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #6
koshej
Veteran Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

OK, I got one name: Toradora.
Now I need to look into it, cause I kinda heard of it the first time 20 seconds ago.
(And it seems that some people ALREADY disagree with this example, hehehe.)

EDIT.
Looked up on wiki.
Ryuji->Minori initially
Ryuji->Taiga eventually
Minori->Ryuji
Taiga->Yusaku
Yusaku->Sumire
Ami->Ryuji

First, it's way too complicated than just HNSS.
Second, if you imply that RT=NS, then Minori=Hinata, but Naruto doesn't like Hinata according to NSs.

Last edited by koshej; 01-16-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Devroux

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by koshej View Post
OK, I got one name: Toradora.
Now I need to look into it, cause I kinda heard of it the first time 20 seconds ago.
(And it seems that some people ALREADY disagree with this example, hehehe.)

EDIT.
Looked up on wiki.
Ryuji->Minori initially
Ryuji->Taiga eventually
Minori->Ryuji
Taiga->Yusaku
Yusaku->Sumire
Ami->Ryuji

First, it's way too complicated than just HNSS.
Second, if you imply that RT=NS, then Minori=Hinata, but Naruto doesn't like Hinata according to NSs.
You can pretty much ignore the last two, since they're either unimportant or brief second things. They just add more to the story really, but it's about the top four.

Minori would be Hinata, but even though Naruto doesn't like Hinata, it's the same idea. There's still a link there that would lead to a relationship. The only difference is that the sides of Toradora's square go both ways, rather than having all the feelings be one-sided like in Naruto.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
And Hinata actually likes Naruto.
Not that I care about the pairings in naruto,but dont ever compare hinata to toradora characters xD

Quote:

Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rouge Uchiha18

Quote:
Please, name me another anime (or other media, but better anime) that has EXACTLY this "square" - and it ended up in a known "NaruSaku".
The SQUARE being: G1->B1->G2->B2, resulting in B1-><-G2 and ditching G1 and B2.
I just wanna see a real example of what gave you this idea.
Cause MY reasoning is very simple - EFFICIENCY.
If we have FOUR people in a square, the most efficient way is 2+2.
To create two additional love lines JUST to ditch them eventually - I find this stupid and utterly inefficient (for any writer).
So, be so kind and entertain me with a KNOWN example of your logic's application.
It's NOT an attack - I seriously wanna see an example of how it COULD work out.
There.
Waiting!
I did NOT comprehend a thing you just now said...about b1 and b2 and g1 and g2 and a square. The only thing i really got from that was 2+2 and the ditching of g1 and b2
:::::::.:::::::
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'

Last edited by Rouge Uchiha18; 01-17-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Rouge Uchiha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #10
koshej
Veteran Chunin

It seems that I didn't yet get my request answered, since Toradora is a BAD example.
I'll make it clearer:
What is the INITIAL (NaruSakus-approved) love line in Naruto?
Hinata => Naruto => Sakura => Sasuke (ALL being one-way).
What it ends up in the case of NaruSaku?
H x N=><=S x S
Difference:
Sakura switched 180, Hinata ignored, Sasuke whatever.
So, THIS is what I want exactly to be the EXAMPLE I'm asking for.
Not something else.
WHY?
Cause:
1. No Hinata:
N=>S=>S into N=><=S x S
Only Sakura needs to switch (be won over by Naruto) from Sasuke, whose feelings we don't even know/take into account. This is a much smaller change overall, so NO.
2. No Sasuke:
H=>N=>S into H x N=>S
Hinata simply gets ditched. Also, Sakura's feelings are either unknown or at least don't include another love branch. Pretty much Shaman King, where Tamao had a crush on Yoh, but was ignored in favor of Anna, who didn't love anyone external. NO.
3. Naruto likes Hinata:
H=><=N x S=>S into H x N=><=S x S
Implies a 180 for two love branches, thus harder than our case, so again NO.
4. Sakura likes Naruto:
H=>N=><=S x S into H x N=><=S x S
Just ditching Hinata. Basically the same as without Sasuke. NO.
5. Sasuke likes Sakura:
H=>N=>S=><=S into H x N=><=S x S
Ditching Hinata, ditching Sasuke, switching Sakura. Way too complicated. NO.
n. Maybe some other version.
Anyways, I'm asking for EXACTLY the same situation, cause all others either are harder/easier or don't fit at all.
Thus:
Ditching Hinata and switching Sakura - ONLY, no other versions.

Waiting, you know...

Last edited by koshej; 01-17-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.

You might get a reason and a answer to your question if you explained a little better than you are and no offense to you
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
koshej
Veteran Chunin

I'm DOING it now for that reason
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Just do a comparison. Im sorry but you just now editing it didnt work At all =(
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
koshej
Veteran Chunin

I think I'll just wait for someone to GET my point.
Or I'll end up deleting this thread for being useless.
Though I'd rather get my answer...
Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
Devroux

Awards Showcase

G1 = Hinata
B1 = Naruto
G2 = Sakura
B2 = Sasuke
x = forgotten/ditched

Basically you want another example of the EXACT SAME relationship structures, with G1=>B1=>G2=>B2, but at the end, it becomes G1 x B2=><=G2 x B2. However, in the case of Naruto, G2 NEVER => B1. It's only been hinted at and G2 still => B2, despite how retarded he is. And B1 is completely ignorant to G1's feelings.

In Toradora, the lines are a bit different.

G1 = Minori
B1 = Ryuji
G2 = Taiga
B2 = Yusaku
x = forgotten/ditched/not liked

G1<=B1 x G2=> x B2. Eventually lines are crossed, things change, and it becomes G1=> x B1=><=G2 x B2=> G3. You can forget about G3 (Sumire) and G4 (Ami) because they're just extras in the love square. That'd be like Sasuke liking Temari and Ten Ten liking Naruto. It just doesn't matter. The lines are crossed and switched up a little, but you still have, at the very basis, a square. G2=> B2. G1 and B2 in Naruto don't ever have feelings for each other and Yusaku never liked Taiga, just like Sasuke never liked Sakura.

You're jumping the gun on the Naruto relationships and not waiting long enough on the Toradora relationships. Although the Naruto relationships you're believing will happen haven't happened yet, they still, basically, end up representing what Toradora has at the end.

Also, you're not a mod, so you can't delete the thread anyway, but that's a side point.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #16
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

i know dev about who is who and what he is talking about but not many people has commented because some people dont understand it.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #17
koshej
Veteran Chunin

Dev
Did you read the NAME: "A question TO NSs" - I'm NOT one of them.
I just wanted to see any LEGIT PRECEDENCE of such an example, EXACTLY that way.
OTHERWISE, I see NO basis for the NH/NS war, cause it boils down to personal OPINIONS (as in, which girl/boy one likes more).
And since my logic is built on EFFICIENCY (2+2=4 AND making only ONE switch - Naruto), then NH+SS fits it way better.
To be honest, I also wanted to show how FAR-FETCHED is the NS assumption PLOT-WISE.
As in, regardless of the actual characters, but WITH taking into account the "initial pairings".
And the latter SUGGESTS 2+2=4.
Oh, and the less people UNDERSTAND it (despite repeated detailed explanation) - the more my point stands out: NS is baseless...
Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
Devroux

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Dev
Did you read the NAME: "A question TO NSs" - I'm NOT one of them.
I just wanted to see any LEGIT PRECEDENCE of such an example, EXACTLY that way.
OTHERWISE, I see NO basis for the NH/NS war, cause it boils down to personal OPINIONS (as in, which girl/boy one likes more).
And since my logic is built on EFFICIENCY (2+2=4 AND making only ONE switch - Naruto), then NH+SS fits it way better.
To be honest, I also wanted to show how FAR-FETCHED is the NS assumption PLOT-WISE.
As in, regardless of the actual characters, but WITH taking into account the "initial pairings".
And the latter SUGGESTS 2+2=4.
Oh, and the less people UNDERSTAND it (despite repeated detailed explanation) - the more my point stands out: NS is baseless...
There really isn't a base for the NH/NS war, other than that people like either Hinata or Sakura more. That's it.

And efficiency really has nothing to do with it in romance cases because often times, two people are going to be left out regardless of what happens. The romance aspect of the story will often only revolve around the two people, which is why NaruSaku is more plausible than NaruHina, as Naruto and Sakura are main characters.

Plus, the initial pairings have always only gone one way, which means they're not really pairings at all and are left out in the open to attach and play with at the author's discretion.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
koshej
Veteran Chunin

I'd rather want an actual example of what I asked - that's the main point of making this thread...