Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default What was the LAST anime that you finished/completed?

The point of this thread is simple, list what anime you have recently finished/completed, rate it (1-5 or 1-10), and give a review.

I'll go first .

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Season Two (FUNimation Entertainment English Dub) - 7/10.

I was VERY disappointed with how it ended, I can't wait to see the OVAs & Specials when they are finally English Dubbed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Toddler Naruto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Kisame
I NOM CHAKRA!

Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kisame has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to Kisame
Default Re: What was the last anime that you finished/completed?

Dragonball Z-8/10

I liked it, but it was very dragged out.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I just finished Sekirei It was ok. Typical fanservice anime with some decent character interactions and such. 6.5/10

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
rocketjed1
Special Jonin Candidate

rocketjed1 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Dragon ball Z season 3 9/10

very good series but the freiza saga was pretty drug out

rocketjed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Oh, sorry, I thought you said the best.

Hajime no Ippo, the first series. Fighting Spirit in the states.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #7
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Toddler Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse
Oh, sorry, I thought you said the best.

Hajime no Ippo, the first series. Fighting Spirit in the states.
LOL xD.....Maybe I should CAPS LOCK last?

EDIT: i went ahead and cap locked last .

|
Old 04-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #8
TerryXGaara
Freshmen Academy Student

TerryXGaara is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: What was the LAST anime that you finished/completed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Naruto
The point of this thread is simple, list what anime you have recently finished/completed, rate it (1-5 or 1-10), and give a review.

I'll go first .

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Season Two (FUNimation Entertainment English Dub) - 7/10.

I was VERY disappointed with how it ended, I can't wait to see the OVAs & Specials when they are finally English Dubbed.
Ditto!

Last edited by Konoha'sGreenThunder; 07-02-2009 at 09:58 AM.
TerryXGaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #9
Jennafer Sweet
Chunin

Jennafer Sweet is an S-class criminal deviant, top of the most wanted list.Jennafer Sweet is an S-class criminal deviant, top of the most wanted list.

i was board 1 time so i finished pocemone3(i think right now im finishing up pocemon:dimond and peral ) id rate it a um a 5/10.
Brother-Zeek Uchiha, Hawk

love me today,hate me tomarrow---me

(=)_(=)
( ! ! )
(=)-(=)
Jennafer Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #10
Naruko-chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your room, violating all of your stuffed animals. >:D
Naruko-chan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I just finished watching 'Sukisho!'. I give it a 7. Some of the stuff in it was kind of useless and stupid, but otherwise it was cute and sweet.
Missing-nin
OTP:NaruSasu <3
^^^^^^^^^
------------------------------------------------
Naruko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryXGaara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Naruto

I'll go first .

Ditto!
DITTO what exactly? I'm confused .

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel
i was board 1 time so i finished pocemone3(i think right now im finishing up pocemon:dimond and peral ) id rate it a um a 5/10.
Why are you spelling Pokemon "pocemon" and "pocemone"?

|

Last edited by Konoha'sGreenThunder; 07-02-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

I just finished RideBack. I give it an 8 out of 10.

It s not what many anime fans would like but for the more serious older crowd it was very pleasant if slow at times.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #13
Kinari_of_Sound
Academy Graduate

Kinari_of_Sound is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I just completed watching Kaleido Star, and I give it a 9 out of 10. The animation was great, cute story plot and the English dub cast wasn't half bad.
Kinari_of_Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #14
Phenom
Chunin Exam Participant

Phenom is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I just finished Gundam Wing, I used to watch it on CN, but I never finished it.

I'd give it a 8/10.

The story is compelling, yet simple enough for a kid to understand the basics of what is going on. I would give it a 9/10, but the character development was never finished so that drags it down.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
lj0615
Chunin Exam Participant

lj0615 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

dragonballsz
lj0615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
KENJUTSU
Ninja Academy Student

KENJUTSU is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Fullmetal Alchemist, one the best anime all around. The movie was great too, but it did leave it open for a possible sequel. But w/ the revival of a NEW Fullmetal Alchemist, I don't think we'll see a sequel to the 1st because the 2nd is base more on the manga.

Inuyasha, it ended w/o a conclusion. The manga is complete now, but haven't took time to read it, yet.

Last Exile, one of the best visual & original concept & not base on a manga.

Samurai 7, I loved the concept of the Samurai, loved the 1954 movie, the anime was not bad either even if it took a futurisic tone. There's a manga base on the anime now.

Rurouni Kenshin, hard to say if it's a completed anime. One the best mangas written but the anime never went to the 3rd arc of the series. It try to complete it in OVAs but went too far from the manga.
KENJUTSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
Toddler Naruto
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENJUTSU
Fullmetal Alchemist, one the best anime all around. The movie was great too, but it did leave it open for a possible sequel. But w/ the revival of a NEW Fullmetal Alchemist, I don't think we'll see a sequel to the 1st because the 2nd is base more on the manga.

Inuyasha, it ended w/o a conclusion. The manga is complete now, but haven't took time to read it, yet.

Last Exile, one of the best visual & original concept & not base on a manga.

Samurai 7, I loved the concept of the Samurai, loved the 1954 movie, the anime was not bad either even if it took a futurisic tone. There's a manga base on the anime now.

Rurouni Kenshin, hard to say if it's a completed anime. One the best mangas written but the anime never went to the 3rd arc of the series. It try to complete it in OVAs but went too far from the manga.
The anime is complete, if you want to know what really happens afterwards you have to read the manga from where the anime left off at.

|
Old 04-23-2009, 04:41 AM   #18
KENJUTSU
Ninja Academy Student

KENJUTSU is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

@ baby Naruto, I did buy the entire manga series & the anime series (TV & OVAs), but the anime TV series never went to the 3rd arc. As far I know never aired in the USA & the OVAs for the conclusion went to a all serious mode & left out too much from the manga. It even gave RK a different & bittersweet ending. That's why I say it's not quite an ending to the anime. But still a fan of RK & still collects books & the new, larger manga format.
KENJUTSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #19
Qikkz
Academy Graduate

Qikkz is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Wolfs Rain 10/10
Qikkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #20
hajrajaved
Genin Elite

hajrajaved is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i have seen all db, dbz, and dbgt. 4/5.
I only hated that the real goku didnt return!!!