Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default My synopsis of Black Ops.

In anticipation of me getting Black Ops II (for those that saw my other thread, I'm going to pre-order it today because I honestly don't really care what date the game arrives so long as it's the first week) I have decided to give a little synopsis of what I thought of Black Ops as a whole, campaign and all. I like to do these in my head sometimes for the other Modern Warfare franchise, but I decided against it because Modern Warfare 3 is so rage inducing I've only prestiged one time and I'm not even close to level 80. Black Ops will have to do. Not that anyone will take the time to read it.

In essence, it will be a rate on a scale of ten and explanation for each prominent category in the game. Multiplayer will have its own section with specific breakdowns of certain aspects of the mode, since in most cases, Call of Duty players rarely venture away from the confines of the online multiplayer or split screen game modes.

Also, I think it will be cool to give a review of a game since I will have the experience of Modern Warfare 3 in my mind, to compare and contrast with, although they are made by entirely different developers.

Campaign: 6/10

To be completely honest, the campaign wasn't bad, but at the time of Black Ops it was clear to me that Treyarch wasn't really interested in the development of the campaign and weren't really looking to do anything new with it. In my eyes it wasn't really too innovative, but it wasn't bad either. The story wasn't entirely captivating, and if there's one thing I preferred Modern Warfare 3 for, it was the campaign. Treyarch did an okay job with their campaign. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, Treyarch, would it kill you to add some customization to the campaign? Perks? Paths that would change the outcome of the game for replayability? Anything?

Zombies: 9/10

My only issue with zombies is that they didn't really expand on the idea, and it was sort of a re-run of the World at War zombies game mode, but they had perk juices like Speed Cola which enabled you to reload more quickly, akin to the perk Sleight of Hand in the multiplayer. That being said, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Zombies is notorious for being an addictive pass-time that people also buy the game exclusively for. There is a much wider array of maps via downloadable content, which is something original zombies lacked. One element that I liked about this game mode was that it was completely separate from multiplayer in that the guns that were effective in multiplayer were not as good in zombies. A prime example is the AK74u. It only had a 20 bullet clip in zombies and you couldn't equip rapid fire, which was the allure of it to begin with. That being said, it's fun to learn what's good and what isn't like in the multiplayer mode. It's essentially three games in one, and zombies seems to have a brighter future than it did in Black Ops, seeing as they're going to be adding more game modes to Zombies as a broad game mode itself. Excellent.

Multiplayer: 7/10

I love the multiplayer, don't get me wrong. The game is so customizable, there are a plethora of prestiges and levels and game modes, things to buy, etc. However, certain aspects of the game were unbalanced and made the game less enjoyable.

The first part of that would be gun balance. Obviously, in any game, there are going to be weapons for people to use that are meant for them to do extremely well in. However, some guns like the FAMAS are mandatory for new players to use because they won't be able to get kills against experience players they may be playing with, which is resolvable, and lends itself to my next section of this review.

Matchmaking. My main issue with most CoD games is that the matchmaking is not based off of anything. It seems that they want to switch it to ping and latency matchmaking, which could be beneficial so that the connections are the same, unless someone's connection spikes.

Finally, maps. The maps in Black Ops were good. Period.

Overall: 8/10

Definitely room for improvement.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi
Default Re: My synopsis of Black Ops.

I'm gonna get black ops II simply because the multiplayer in the original black ops was the only one I enjoyed.

And also, zombies.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

That's about the same for me. I look forward to the new campaign a little too.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'm getting blops 2 for zombies. The travelling bus mode looks boss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

You're bias bro, plus you liked the 1st one.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Did you even read it? There was clear criticism.