Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Question Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi in the english dub version

So, I have volume 10 of Naruto Shippuden, on itunes, but I have yet seen Kakashi Chronicles. But, from helpful sources, I am hearing that Dave Wittenberg, did the voice work for Kakashi, also in the english dub version of the Kakashi Chronicles anime special. For any of you who dont know who Dave Wittenberg is, he is the voice actor for Kakashi in the english dub version of the whole Naruto anime series. But anyhow, if this is true about what I have heard, about Dave being in the English dub version, of Kakashi Gaiden, I just wanna know one thing. Did Dave do a good job as young Kakashi? I just think its kind of strange having the same voice actor, do the role of his characters, younger counter part. Daves voice is pretty mature, and I have doubts about him, portraying a kid style voice. But for those who have seen Kakashi Chronicles in the english dub version, can you tell me: was he able to pull it off? Does he sound young, as kid Kakashi? Please let me know. thanks

2) "IIIIIIII dont owe you any explainations....."
::Sasuke::

3) "Calling us Jinchuriki, what gives you the right to label us"
::Naruto::

4) "Im through following orders. For now on, I think for myself"
::Sai::
RobbieMar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
jurrasenshuriken
Chunin Exam Participant

jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!jurrasenshuriken has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I think he sounds okay, its a little annoying at times though lol

Posted from Naruto.viz.com App for Android
jurrasenshuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi in the english dub version

He sounds great! Pretty serious like young Kakashi is all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Dave Wittenberg~

I think he did great too. He is able change tones for different characters.

When I found out he voice acted Folgore from Zatch Bell, that really shocked me. Folgore is such a weird character....

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

IRON MAN FOLGORRREEEEE

INVINCIBLE FOLGOOOOREEEEEE

BRAVE AND STRONG FOLGOREEEEEEEEEEE

HE ALwayyyyyyys SAVEES THE DAY!

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
issa
Freshmen Academy Student

issa saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

He's good. David actually doesn't sound like Kakashi in real life
issa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #7
Lia_Uchiha
Apprentice Genin

Location: In a cave high up in the mountains of the Hidden Mist village, with Itachi OF COURSE.
Lia_Uchiha saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

He did great! I mean Kakashi has always been a mature character he has always been very serious about being the best that he can be! so Dave's voice was perfect even in the childhood version of Kakashi
Lia_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.RobbieMar1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

all this is true, but he just sounds too old for a 13 year old. lol

P.S. PARCO FULGOREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

i agree that he does sound a bit old for someone at an age of 13

folgore...................that song is stuck in my head now......

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Cult of Personality
Super Banned

Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Cult of Personality is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
IRON MAN FOLGORRREEEEE

INVINCIBLE FOLGOOOOREEEEEE

BRAVE AND STRONG FOLGOREEEEEEEEEEE

HE ALwayyyyyyys SAVEES THE DAY!
.Yes.
Cult of Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #11
Rika24
Ninja Academy Student

Rika24 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Rika24 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

personally i think he should have changed his voice a little more. for those familiar with the Digimon Tamers dub, Dave did the voice of Henry Wong as well. there were times where i heard Dave trying to do a different version of that voice here and there with young Kakashi. i really wish he had just used his Henry voice as it does sound younger.
Rika24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
personally i think he should have changed his voice a little more. for those familiar with the Digimon Tamers dub, Dave did the voice of Henry Wong as well. there were times where i heard Dave trying to do a different version of that voice here and there with young Kakashi. i really wish he had just used his Henry voice as it does sound younger.
In the way you make it sound, id probably prefer it much better!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
Rika24
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieMar1 View Post
In the way you make it sound, id probably prefer it much better!
here's some clips with Henry. Henry (the one Dave voices) is the one with blue hair and orange vest (you'll also find the character that inspired my username, Rika24)

Last edited by Rika24; 10-06-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
here's some clips with Henry. Henry (the one Dave voices) is the one with blue hair and orange vest (you'll also find the character that inspired my username, Rika24)

WOW! AMAZING! DANG IT! Yeah, THAT should have been his chibi Kakashi tone.....smh.....

Old 10-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #15
Rika24
Ninja Academy Student

you can hear it if you listen closely in Kakashi Gaiden, but it isn't completely the same as Henry's all the way through.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #16
RobbieMar1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
you can hear it if you listen closely in Kakashi Gaiden, but it isn't completely the same as Henry's all the way through.
Well, when i watched it, it didnt seem anywhere NEAR Henrys tone. Infact, from what i noticed, he barely sounded any different than the more recent Kakashi.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Nuked
Freshmen Academy Student

Nuked saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Young Kakashi sounds quite good in the dub, although that may be different for other people's opinions.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote