Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
badadaha
Freshmen Academy Student

badadaha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Question Naruto Shippuden: Rinnegan, where does it come from?

Alright, so my question isn't exactly WHERE does it come from, I mean I know it was the Sage of Six Paths who possessed it.

The actual question is how did Nagato come to achieve it? I've been reading up on many different sites and questions about this and I have many different thoughts about this.

I'll discuss the different questions that I've come across so far:

- Is Rinnegan an Uzumaki Clan Kekkei Genkai?
This was asked because of Nagato being a Uzumaki Clan member and also possesing the Rinnegan himself.

Answer:
- No because Rinnegan is the final state of the Uchiha Kekkei Genkai Sharingan.
So was one of Nagatos parents a member of the Uchiha Clan? Or is it the Uchiha Clan and Uzumaki Clan have a past relation? And is the Uchiha Clan direct descendants of the Sage of Six Paths?

- No because its from the Senju Clan (first hokage) which the Uzumaki are related to.
So is the Senju Clan direct descendants of SSP? Does that mean Tsuande can obtain it? So if Nagato is part of the Uzumaki clan but possesses the Rinnegan from the Senju Clan, doesn't that mean it's part of the Uzumaki Clan now or is one of Nagato's parents a Senju Clan member? So if it's a state of the Sharingan, does that mean the Uchiha Clan and Senju Clan have some relation?

- No then every member of the Uzumaki Clan would have potential to awaken the Rinnegan.
Well doesn't that kind of make sense then because only 4 members of the Uchiha Clan have awakened the Mangekyo Sharingan and it was through pretty harsh terms. Madara and his younger brother achieved it by killing there own and to master it Madara had to take the eyes of his little brother. Itachi gave his Sharingan power to Sasuke which awakened his. So it wouldn't be surprising that only one member of the Clan that posses the Rinnegan Kekkei Genkei was ever able to awaken it. If it really is the final state of the Sharingan it would be close to impossible to obtain it correct? So only a select few could actually awaken it, like say 1.

Discussion:
Rinnegan, the Final State of the Sharingan.
If it really is then the entire Uchiha Clan should have the ability to awaken it. So there's different possibilities with this.
- Nagato is a descendant of the Uchiha Clan and is the only member to ever obtain the Rinnegan.
- The Uzumaki Clan and Uchiha Clan have a direct relation to each other, making Nagato a descendant of the Uchiha's yet again.
- The Uchiha's are descendants of the SSP.
- The Sharingan can be found in a different clan but is long lost to them Nagato being the exception.

Rinnegan, not carried down by relation to SSP.
Maybe only Shinobi with tremendous potential and power (similar to the SSP) are able to obtain it. Meaning Nagato was insanely powerful.

Maybe Nagato was the Reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths. A weaker version. :P

Not trying to be all nerdy and stuff I'm just curious and wanted to see what others thought. I do have a lot more questions but they aren't exactly related to this entirely so they can wait. But I'd love to here what you have to say. I'll be posting this in other Naruto Forums and Discussion Boards as well for further discussion.
badadaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Uzumaki_Naruto14
Academy Graduate

Uzumaki_Naruto14 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Naruto Shippuden: Rinnegan, where does it come from?

Where did you get this info from? And does this mean that naruto's clan, uzumaki, is connected withrinengan? I lost you a little there.
Uzumaki_Naruto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Preemptive Strike
Apprentice Genin

Preemptive Strike saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Its been up for debate as theories come but the nothing is yet confirmed.

The only two things for sure are...
S6P and Nagato possess the Rinnegan

It hasnt been shown how either of them have gotten it yet. So everyone has been
trying to piece together the lineage of S6P. Uchiha and Senju are supposed to be the
direct decendents but many say Hyuga and Uzumaki have close ties in the same line.
Preemptive Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Naruto'Sselfishness
Ninja Academy Student

Naruto'Sselfishness has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

I do not have anything to say but I cant believe that clan uzumaki is so special. Because i thought that naruto was a looser and that was gave meaning to the story. But now that i know that naruto is more special than sasuke i feel really sad because that mean naruto did not get power because he worked hard. he got better because he is special like sasuke, or even more special than him.
Naruto'Sselfishness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
BelieveIt
Apprentice Genin

BelieveIt is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto'Sselfishness View Post
I do not have anything to say but I cant believe that clan uzumaki is so special. Because i thought that naruto was a looser and that was gave meaning to the story. But now that i know that naruto is more special than sasuke i feel really sad because that mean naruto did not get power because he worked hard. he got better because he is special like sasuke, or even more special than him.
Don't think that! Naruto DID work very hard to be able to get where he is. He had an affinity for chakra which is why he could execute multi shadow clone jutsu and rasengan (and all the other rasengan forms), but he did start off as a big loser. He was a goofball and had a hard time getting the hang of stuff right away unlike Sasuke who was considered a genius because of his kekkei genkai. Naruto's still an underdog if you think about it. He had to work hard throughout the series to get all his jutsus down and his insane kyuubi power under control.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
Naruto'Sselfishness
Ninja Academy Student

are you sure about that? Now i think sasuke had worked harder than naruto. Everybody thought that he was a genius but he always hate that. Sasuke just wanted to kill the person that he most loved his brother. Now i understand sasuke had a childhood worse than naruto. naruto was overshadowing sasuke and that was the reason that sasuke left the village. He was understanding that naruto was getting his goal (that was become hokage) and he was not getting his goal ( to be enough strong to defeat itachi). Now i understand naruto always was more special than sasuke. Sasuke just was smarter than naruto, that was the reason that sasuke was more stronger than naruto.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Naruto'Sselfishness
Ninja Academy Student

Naruto is the character more special on this anime. Because he is not just the son of the most stronger ninja in this anime, he is also son of kushina uzumaki. and he also has inside him a bijuu. nobody can competive with that. I thought that this anime was a personal overcoming story but i realized that it is not.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
G-mac
Freshmen Academy Student

G-mac is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Wasn't this a discussion about where the Rinnegan came from?
G-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
StonedAntichrist
Freshmen Academy Student

StonedAntichrist is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I had a huge post typed up, but this forum was gay and logged me out and I lost the post. So I'm just gonna make this short.

Spoiler:
-Senju and Uchiha are direct descendants of SSP, already stated in series.
-Rinnegan has nothing to do with Uzumaki clan, only reason Nagato had it is because Tobi gave it to him, also stated in the series, if not hinted. I'm sure it was said word for word though.
-Wouldn't say that Uzumaki and Uchiha clans are related, only relationship I can see is friendship, and that was through Sasuke and Naruto becoming friends, and their mothers being friends as well. That's it.
-Uchiha clan does have the ability to obtain rinnegan status with their sharingan, but if it took Madara of all people to achieve it shortly before he died, that says something about how strong you have to be.
-Sharingan is not found in any other clan, it's only from Uchihas. The only way someone outside of the clan can have it is by implanting someone else's sharingan in their eye sockets.

Some extra things to note: It's been insinuated that Tobi and Madara know each other, and even the "Moon's Eye Plan" is THEIR plan. When Madara was brought back by Edo Tensei, he thought it was Nagato's doing (which was the plan). That automatically says that he obviously knows who Nagato is, and think about it. Since Madara awakened rinnegan, and Tobi knew him and came up with the plan with him..well, it wouldn't be hard for him to acquire the rinnegan when Madara died. It makes sense why he'd give the rinnegan to Nagato, he is an Uzumaki descendant which means he has a huge amount of chakra.

So, I hope I cleared up where the rinnegan came from, how Nagato came about having it, etc.
StonedAntichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

You will see soon its already answered in the manga!
Kioroshi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #11
luluxiu
Ninja Academy Student

luluxiu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

We have already know that Rinnengan is the evolution of Sharingan!
luluxiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Nice spoil -.-
Kioroshi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #13
Neve
Chunin Exam Participant

Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Neve is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

nice question. i think that scroll sasuke has may explain the secrets of the rinnegan. i hope it does
Neve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #14
Drake_Stephens
Chunin Exam Participant

Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Drake_Stephens is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluxiu View Post
We have already know that Rinnengan is the evolution of Sharingan!
So as the fact stated that the Rinnengan is a evolutioin of Sharingan. Does that mean Nagato skipped all of Sharingan and just obtained the Rinnengan. Therefore is the Uzumaki clan capable of evolving and developing the Sharingan through say breeding or evolution?

Which really doesn't matter seeing how Naruto is sadly about to end and will already go down as one of the best anime shows/manga's of all time.
Drake_Stephens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #15
badadaha
Freshmen Academy Student

badadaha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sorry guys lol havent checked on this in awhile...so yup...most of my questions have been answered with the new mangas and stuff seeing as i wrote this awhile ago...but thanks for the info guys!!!
badadaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

kekei genkai?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #17
SenjuUchiha
Apprentice Genin

SenjuUchiha saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I predict that the Rinnegan can be obtainedthis way:

There were two clans who founded the leaf village, the Senju and the Uchiha, after Madara fought the first hokage using the ninetails he injected himself with his DNA, then the next thing we know is he obtained the Rinnegan. So I predict that the Sage of Six paths had both Senju and Uchiha blood in him and both clans just suddenly split. So therefore I believe that you must have both Uchiha and Senju blood in order to attain the Rinnegan. This does not explain all facts as to how the Rinnegan is obtained however...
SenjuUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kekkei genkai, nagato, pain, rinnegan, sage of six paths, senju clan, uchiha clan, uzumaki clan