Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

View Poll Results: Is she useless or not?
Yes 4 19.05%
No 16 76.19%
I don't care 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
Onyx_Skies
Genin

Onyx_Skies is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Sakura: Useless, or Not?

Ok, after reading through the "is hinata useless??" thread, I decided to come up with a Sakura one.

Now, there are in fact, a lot of us wo think Sakura is still useless, now here's your chance to say why and for those of you who don't, here's your chance as well to say why not.

I'll go first! ^ ^

Sakura isn't useless. Why? It's simple: She's actually trying to get stronger and achieve more, also, she's shown to do more than the normal kunoichi in her age group.

People will disagree, but here are more reasons why I htnk she's actually useful.

1. She fought and defeated Sasori. Regardless if she had Chiyo to help, she actually fought and defeated an Akatsuki member with her own strength.

2. She actually wants to do something other than sit around crying. I know there will be posts saying, "But she's been crying a lot lately!" Have you ever wondered why? Sasuke. He's the one she wants to save the most, and that's why she can't stop herself from getting emotional when he comes up. Him in the darkness and being evil hurts her.

I'll come up with more later, but I have another manga I'm reading, so I'll come back to this in a bit. Well, post your reasons as to why Sakura is or isn't useless. ^ ^

Onyx_Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
naruman
Genin

naruman is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Sakura: Useless, or Not?

No.She's really strong and has lots of medical jutsus.
naruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

In the original series, Sakura was pretty useless. But in Shippuden she isn't. She has gotten a lot stronger and knows a bunch of medical jutsu.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Yuuta
Chunin

Yuuta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Heck no! In part 1, Heck yes, but in shippuden, she's really proven her worth.
Super Strength, Speed, reflexes, dodge skills, Medical Ninjutsu. Sweetness.
/_!_\ You know you like her too.
`@__
(^_\_) "Flowers of Hope that Never Die"
/_ ! _\ I LOVE Konan, The Lady Angel
Konan might be the most underrated character in Naruto.
____
/o_0\ AAIIIEEE!!!
/_!!_\ I LOVE Shizune

Violence isn't always the answer.
Apprentice - bowserkage
Yuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
Sai's brother
Jonin

Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sai's brother is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx_Skies View Post
Ok, after reading through the "is hinata useless??" thread, I decided to come up with a Sakura one.

Now, there are in fact, a lot of us wo think Sakura is still useless, now here's your chance to say why and for those of you who don't, here's your chance as well to say why not.

I'll go first! ^ ^

Sakura isn't useless. Why? It's simple: She's actually trying to get stronger and achieve more, also, she's shown to do more than the normal kunoichi in her age group.

People will disagree, but here are more reasons why I htnk she's actually useful.

1. She fought and defeated Sasori. Regardless if she had Chiyo to help, she actually fought and defeated an Akatsuki member with her own strength.

2. She actually wants to do something other than sit around crying. I know there will be posts saying, "But she's been crying a lot lately!" Have you ever wondered why? Sasuke. He's the one she wants to save the most, and that's why she can't stop herself from getting emotional when he comes up. Him in the darkness and being evil hurts her.

I'll come up with more later, but I have another manga I'm reading, so I'll come back to this in a bit. Well, post your reasons as to why Sakura is or isn't useless. ^ ^

Part 1~ Yes completey usless
Part 2~ No

Sai's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Pink_Cha !
Genin

Pink_Cha ! is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Are you Kidding ?! Sakura kicks @$$

and Yuuta completely stole what i was gonna say
Pink_Cha ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
Kitsujiro Fuyu
Chunin Exam Participant

Kitsujiro Fuyu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

For part I, I can see why someone would say that Sakura was useless... as she didn't fight as much as most people would've thought.

But for part II:

Spoiler:

*looks at the remains of Hiruko and shudders*
Yeah, only one punch. Never thought it would only take a single punch to completely obliterate Sasori's favorite puppet.

I would have to say that she's definitely proven her worth as an effective Medical Ninja... at least a couple of times, by my count

Kitsujiro Fuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
Alfred Van
Genin

Alfred Van is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

She isn't the best,but she's not useless.Sakura can defeat anyone with one hit(of course,landing a hit is the problem),she only needs someone to grab the enemy and then game over and without using too much chakra.

Proof:She destroyed Sasori's shield puppet with one hit(and Sasori too,but he recovered),she defeated one of Pain summonings with one hit.
Alfred Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
sage mangekyo
Special Jonin Candidate

sage mangekyo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hellz no sakura is not useless, she is super strong and very strategical!

Bring it on Canada!!!

Proud member of Village Hidden In The Mirage

**When leaving rep, please put your name**
Number of People Who Have Seen This Spoiler: 20
sage mangekyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
UchihaLeon
Ninja Academy Student

UchihaLeon is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
In the original series, Sakura was pretty useless. But in Shippuden she isn't. She has gotten a lot stronger and knows a bunch of medical jutsu.

True, in Naruto, she was pretty much just the female role who needed to be saved, but once she cut her hair, she changed and decided she wanted to become strong. Ino said Sasuke liked girls with long hair.
>/_\>
</_\<
She got rid of what may have made Sasuke like her a little more, even though it was just a rumor. She got rid of her material being.

In Shippuden, the difference is apparent. She has incredible physical strength, is a medical ninja, and most of all.......

Spoiler:

She's deciding to go out and kill Sasuke herself, without Nauto. Sasuke was the one who made her cry and hurt. Nonetheless, she loves him. Sakura wants to save Sasuke from the darkness on her own.

Now, who wants to say Sakura is weak?
UchihaLeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
sage mangekyo
Special Jonin Candidate

noone should say sakura is weak.

Bring it on Canada!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
LaGueraUchiha
Chunin

LaGueraUchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to LaGueraUchiha Send a message via Yahoo to LaGueraUchiha

NO. Sakura was...but grew outta that lame-ness, and weakness...and learned that a girl has to be strong to survive, so therfor she's not weak, sakura will kick your -ask-
<3Fam ;D

-Kakashi FC member-Uchiha FC member -Tobi FC member-ItaDei FC member
[]-샤이니
-JUST SAW YOUR FACE..DIDN'T LIKE IT xD

LaGueraUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #13
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

KarinxInoFan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sakura is far from useless. She's stronger now than ever before, and she actually tries to do things now.

She used to be, in part one, but so did Hinata. And Hinata still is.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #14
narutoultra
Chunin Exam Proctor

narutoultra is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

She was completly terrible in every aspect back in the original, but it's always good to have a medical ninja around, even better if they have a good Plot No Jutsu move.

narutoultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
Madra
Genin Elite

Madra is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

there is no way sakura is useless

/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Kisame

" OH YEAH!!!!" - The Kool-Aid Man

I adopted Chibi Kisame

My Awesome Girlfriend: Chibi Shika Fangirl
You are the most amazing person ever, I will love you forever

Madra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
sage mangekyo
Special Jonin Candidate

ya even in the non shipuuden episodes, she was a great genjutsu ninja. She could have noticed and stopped a genjutsu in its trackes on a mission facing another genjutsu user

Bring it on Canada!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #17
Sakurah
Ninja Academy Student

Sakurah is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

HECK NO!
Not even in regular Naruto.
She saved Lee's Naruto's And Sasuke's lives.
She protected Tazuna
She protected Sasuke from Gaara
She saved Kankuro's life
She punched Sasori
She saved Chiyo
She left the village to try to kill Sasuke
She saved Karin's life
She Saved Hinata's life
She defeated Pains thingamabob
She killed White Zetsu
Etc.
She may not be the best ninja but she's not useless
Old 11-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

As a fighter she is useless, but as a medic she is awesome so I'm just going to say equal I guess.

O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #19
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Part 1 Sakura-Uselesss

Part 2 sakura-Not so Useless

WHERE DID SOMEONE MAKE A THREAD ASKING IF HINATA IS USELESS!?!? I WILL ERADICATE THEM
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

^ Ah ha ha ha...good one

Part 1 Sakura - useless
Part II Sakura - not so useless

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha