Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default A request regarding the Bookstore

if an admin could take this into consideration, or at least provide some feedback on this subject, that would be nice. thanks.

Spoiler:
alright, so all sorts of spoilers are starting to pop up everywhere in the manga, and I feel like its not fair for everyone who posts something in here to have to take these measures to insure non-manga readers see them. Yes, I understand we don't want to spoil the story, but there has got to be a better way than these prefixes and "hiding" titles.

So here is my request: someone should make the link to the town bookstore lead to a separate page clearly stating that this section contains spoilers for the story, and will ask the person if he or she would like to enter it. it would be a simple page with the warning and 2 options. "Enter" would let that person continue to the TB, and something like "Go Back" would take them back to the previous page. I don't have much knowledge in web design, so I am not sure how difficult that would be (but I can't imagine it would take much time).

of course we can't stop peoples' curiosity, but the fact that someone simply "mis-clicks" on the page kinda sounds like bs to me. i understand not everyone has superb motor controls, but come on, really? also, this option would truly put the seeing of spoilers completely at the responsibility of the user. no more excuses. I'm tired of this section needing "limits" on what we can post because of other people who don't want to see it.
SharinganSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A request regarding the Bookstore

The whole section is focused on the manga so if one doesnt want to see a spoiler they don't need to go there but then again there's the "Today's Posts" tab. (that's my input on the matter)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SharinganSage is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
The whole section is focused on the manga so if one doesnt want to see a spoiler they don't need to go there but then again there's the "Today's Posts" tab. (that's my input on the matter)
then why are we being told not to put things like Tobi's identity in titles? obviously, they want to take measures to prevent even people who "accidently" go here to automatically see whats happened
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I love the quotes on accidentally
They could accidentally go in the Town Bookstore through Today's Posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 10-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

that's why I'm suggesting this. because no matter what, mod's will choose to take all precautionary measures for the sa

Last edited by SharinganSage; 10-03-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Okey dokey

Quote:
Old 10-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

its because if you look at the bottom of the page you will see thread titles will pop up on active threads..so if your thread has a spoiler in the title, it will show up on the activity feed at the bottom of the page..thus they don't have to enter the bookstore to see the spoiler.

Edit: I should have said the main page to be clear, but I am sure you know what I meant :-)

Last edited by SilentBlade; 10-03-2012 at 12:53 PM.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Suggestions for forums should really be put in the Feedback Forum or it's going to get ignored. Moved to the appropriate forum.

In response to your issue, we may consider something like that but it won't really stop people looking at the activity feed down at the bottom of the forums. We may even consider getting rid of that feed. We'll update you on what we plan on doing in this thread
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You shouldn't go to a naruto site if you don't want some sort of spoiler. You shouldn't enter a section discussing the manga without considering the possibility that they're discussing the latest chapter.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
You shouldn't go to a naruto site if you don't want some sort of spoiler. You shouldn't enter a section discussing the manga without considering the possibility that they're discussing the latest chapter.
and yet we still have rules to keep people from seeing spoilers.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganSage View Post
and yet we still have rules to keep people from seeing spoilers.
Which haven't been enforced for 3 years. This forum is too big for the mods to spend their whole day worrying about someone seeing a spoiler

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #12
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Which haven't been enforced for 3 years. This forum is too big for the mods to spend their whole day worrying about someone seeing a spoiler
what do you mean 3 years? we have announcements pertaining to recent weeks!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

It says in the TB description that there's spoilers. Prefixes and editing thread titles are for those that click New Posts or Today's Posts. I think it's fine the way it is.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
SharinganSage
Chunin Exam Participant

honestly, I couldn't care less if the person sees a spoiler or not. I'm bringing this up because it hinders what we can talk about in titles and such. There isn't a rule for it, but there is a sense of uncertainty when people go to post something. I know its not really a big deal, and it wasn't supposed to be, but I'm tired of the occasional mod or admin commenting on how we should change a title or something just so someone doesn't accidentally click on a spoiler when they don't want to. From what you guys are saying, there is no problem with that, yet there are still mod or admin comments about the subject. Do you see the contradiction here?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

We have measure for this, we have a tag saying spoiler, TB description says spoiler, you can block it and not see it (if you want, you can stop reading when you realize its a spoiler, I have made a thread and a anounment saying not to put spoilers in the title (if I see one, I change it),. If you fail at all of these then, you should not be using the internet.

Quote:
I'm bringing this up because it hinders what we can talk about in titles and such. There isn't a rule for it, but there is a sense of uncertainty when people go to post something. I know its not really a big deal, and it wasn't supposed to be, but I'm tired of the occasional mod or admin commenting on how we should change a title or something just so someone doesn't accidentally click on a spoiler when they don't want to.
People who go to TB know not to put a spoiler in the tittle and if we see one we fix it. Simple

Quote:
So here is my request: someone should make the link to the town bookstore lead to a separate page clearly stating that this section contains spoilers for the story, and will ask the person if he or she would like to enter it. it would be a simple page with the warning and 2 options. "Enter" would let that person continue to the TB, and something like "Go Back" would take them back to the previous page. I don't have much knowledge in web design, so I am not sure how difficult that would be (but I can't imagine it would take much time).
That would murder the all ready low activity feed we get. You just can not fail that hard and keep reading a spoiler when you know it one.

Last edited by zerosameri; 10-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.
zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

To be brutally honest, if someone does it by accident then it's their fault. They can easily click the back arrow or get off the page. No one forces them to sit and read it. But like it's been said a million times over, curiosity gets the best of people and they read it.
If someone puts a title that says 'Kakashi Killed (fill in the blank)!!1!1!' The story gets ruined for them and they didn't even read the thread. Thread titles should be edited.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #17
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosameri View Post
We have measure for this, we have a tag saying spoiler, TB description says spoiler, you can block it and not see it (if you want, you can stop reading when you realize its a spoiler. If you fail at all of these then, you should not be using the internet.
Curiosity always overwhelms people, hence why we should take measures to stop them trying to be curious.

Right now, I've just coded a plugin (which is not yet active here) for the TB. I'll let you know later when it's active.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
Curiosity always overwhelms people, hence why we should take measures to stop them trying to be curious.

Right now, I've just coded a plugin (which is not yet active here) for the TB. I'll let you know later when it's active.
Yes I know that, but they should not be able to still complain about the story being ruined when they fully knew it was a spoiler.

zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

I think this issue is already resolved

Titles is a whole other ball of wax, but only a problem for people that don't block them.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote